Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I think I defended myself fairly well but yeah my ISO might be irreparable at this point.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:56 am

Post by boring »

Well, my hope was that if I go through the ISO (and do a piss-poor job of reaming you over it), it'll be tossed into the "done" pile for town, and by the time we hit the halfway point of D2, people will be over it (and you) and hopefully lynching PP.

I just need a solid foundation to my transition to him or whoever they fancy at the time.

Dierfire is beginning to scare the bejesus out of me. He's the best spoken, most rational player in the game by a
long shot
. It wouldn't be a big deal except he doesn't seem to have a big ego to stroke, so there's nowhere to latch on. If he turns on one of us, we're probably going down. Our only hope would be hope one of the bigger ego's disagrees, is willing to go the extra mile, and we're in a position to puff them up so they look like they're winning.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:27 am

Post by Prism »

Alright that's the hardest I'm going on anyone today, I'm just going to dick around for the rest of the day and watch them mislynch Gamma or come to the correct conclusion on LUV and roll from there Day 3.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:38 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'm just trying to appear bad town enough to not be scum read, that's why I pulled the null scum read on you.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Prism »

Oh yeah that was fine. I was just saying that inaction is better than action for me right now. Only way I'm getting more town from here is to get a scum lynched and obviously I don't want that. I'm just going to hope they mislynch and play the "Why don't people listen to me?" card
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:23 am

Post by boring »

That's what I was gearing up for with Gamma, but I think I'm going to let myself be convinced by whatever Grendel decides to post about him.. that is if he follows through this time :P

And LUV, you're doing great. I think people are giving you a "bad town" pass, which is perfect.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:26 am

Post by boring »

I need to interact with you more, Prism. I just realized that I largely ignore you. Mostly because I don't want to mess up whatever flow you have going on, but it's going to look fishy if anyone gets around to looking for associates
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:49 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'm probably going to hop on Penguin to spread out. I'm the only one not voting and that looks bad right now.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by boring »

The worst part about being scum is having to accept and offer terrible reasoning for stuff.

If one of you or someone in general wants to put gamma at L-1, I'll provide intent to hammer.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by boring »

Sorry, I didn't realize we had 10 days left still. I doubt it will get that far before they veer their attention.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:38 am

Post by boring »

@mod - thank you very much for prodding LUV too!

I played a game on MU where there was mafia daychat, and a player was apparently meeting the minimum posts with his activity in the mafia PT, but he received no prods and wasn't threatened with replacement in the actual game. It was as good as a scum flip.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

First time I've ever been prodded lol
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by Prism »

I'll be pretty inactive until Sunday, my apologies as I got unexpectedly busy. I'll respond about our interactions later.

Really sorry about this.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:41 am

Post by boring »

it happens.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:39 am

Post by boring »

yay! caught a PR.

Now I really wish you guys were around because I don't know how we want to handle this as a team.

I'm pretty sure this ruins any chance I may have with a gambit. :(
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

What's the game plan? Haha.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by boring »

I really don't know.. with Gamma claiming cop (and we know he's right about implosion), I'm afraid more people are going to vote you. And it's going to be really hard for Prism and I to gracefully back out without scumtelling ourselves later on.

To save face and avoid taking the whole team down, I don't see much choice but to keep pushing you. I keep making empty statements with no new arguments, so hopefully, people will just segue onto PP. If we can get a quick lynch on him, I think that'll buy us another day without a bus.

So, I guess, keep working the bad town/derp-clear angle.

By the way.. I know this is a stupid question.. you're just a LUV fan, right? you're not really him?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Yeah I figured I'm going to get lynched today unless Penguin massively fucks up and get pushed. Shadow has been M.I.A. so maybe some scum read him as well. Would getting run and claiming lie doc be a good idea? In theory, if no one counterclaims it buys us another night.

And no haha, just a fan. I doubt he knows about this site.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:03 am

Post by boring »

In post 92, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Yeah I figured I'm going to get lynched today unless Penguin massively fucks up and get pushed. Shadow has been M.I.A. so maybe some scum read him as well. Would getting run and claiming lie doc be a good idea? In theory, if no one counterclaims it buys us another night.

And no haha, just a fan. I doubt he knows about this site.
Maybe. It's worth a try, I guess. The problem is, there's a decent chance that there's another doc in the game. Two ascetics would counteract the benefit of a cop and doc, right?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:53 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Yeah I believe so.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:53 am

Post by boring »

Keep in mind though, that in the absence of a protective counter-claim, we'll have to kill Gamma tonight, so a failure to save him tonight would lynch you tomorrow.

Actually, a gambit might be a really helpful way to determine whether there are any protective roles floating around. That is, if you're going down anyway. Chances are, people will ignore me since I'm a scumlean for a fair number of players, and PP will go down today.

We'll just have to hope then that no one is protecting Gamma, because I don't think we can afford another conf. town any more than we can afford to be copped.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:58 am

Post by boring »

I think one way or another, our biggest goal should be to get Prism to LYLO as squeaky-clean as possible.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:11 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm playing for LyLo now but I would say it's important not to be too clean, lest I be expected to die earlier. I'd prefer a lynch on Zoronos over either of you, especially boring, today and despite my vote will be pursuing lines of conversation in that direction.

It's also critical that you
pretend that I am not the scum going to LyLo
. Attempts to distance from me or mislead can have the opposite effect if seen through.

In particular, LUV, I think you should avoid addressing me or even mentioning me for the rest of the day. If you go down, I can spin it later as you wanting to avoid a losing 1v1 with me by ignoring me and hoping no one else follows me.

That said, I think there's a long list of people more worth killing at every stage, but it's important to keep in mind.

Implosion is a clear waiting to happen, the report's out and Gamma will one day flip, so he's a sunk cost. He dies either tonight or the next night.

Big question to keep in mind for tonight is whether or not to keep Gamma. Implosion is a town clear waiting to happen (Can't undo a Gamma report and some day Gamma will flip) and is a lot more on track than any other town right now, making him a safe kill. On the other hand killing Gamma just eats that cost early and gives no other reports.

If we leave him alive, we're running a lot of risk for a chance at a mislynch at him. A report on me is unlikely but loses us the game. A report on boring is devastating even if she wins the cc. A report on LUV means we left him alive for nothing. We can get him lynched if he gives a town report, but ones on Zoronos/PenguinPower would be devastating and ones on Grendel/Dierfire still undesirable. So far I'd lean that we should kill him.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Prism »

As for boring, as far as interacting with me goes, I think you should go on the opposite end of LUV.

I think you should play as if you're the one going to LyLo, but if you want to leave me something to use if/when you flip scum later, I think you should be pretty persistent in responding to me as if I were town in need of convincing that I should follow your read or that my uncertainty about you should be dispersed. You don't have to overdo it, I'm having a hard time describing what I'm envisioning, but maybe just 2-3 sentences trying to persuade me of something every so many posts. A good, subtle thing to do would not to issue a frustrated response to me (and not to be the one to mention it) as I voiced my displeasure with it in my recent post. I can use it later to cite it, and the persuasion earlier, as you trying to get me on your side and changing your behavior accordingly. These also set up a good potential for me to switch off of you if we ever get to a 5/6 person MyLo situation and someone else thinks you're town.

This works in reverse as well. If I flip scum it makes little sense to spend so much time trying to earnestly persuade your partner of anything. It was just a wrong townread.

These are just my thoughts on the course of the game but I've been pretty absent and may not have the best grasp of the game, I'm not trying to be a scum dictator. You're both doing great and we've made a good recovery from the dire straits of earlier.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 97, Prism wrote:That said, I think there's a long list of people more worth killing at every stage, but it's important to keep in mind.
You can pretend this sentence isn't there, it's from a prior draft whose context is long since gone.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”