Project ARCH - Design Topic

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

19 players

3 Simotech
2 Aeon Technologies

14 Town

---------------

Simotech and Aeon Technologies do not know each other, but know they exist and are allied.
Simotech has a factional kill, Aeon Technologies does not.
They win together, unless a special event is triggered. Events are found below.

Failure to pay the serum upkeep results in losing vote for a day and Night Action the next night.
All players on a lynch wagon receive 2 serum.
If a lynched player was aligned with Simotech (not Aeon Technologies), all players receive 2 serum.

Mechanics are further explained here.

----------
2x Simotech Goons
1x Simotech PR Manager

2x Aeon Technologies Goons

2x Town Masons (chat UK 1) (Iustitia)
1x Black Market dealer (Outcast)
2x Town Bodyguard (+3 kills the attacker, UK 1)
1x Town Whisperer +1, UK 1
1x Town Marked Tracker +1, UK = Marks+1
1x Town Addict +1 (Outcast)
1x Town Roleblocker +1, UK 1
2x Town PR manager
3x Town Soldier (+5 Bulletproof, UK 0)

A full explanation of each role can be found in the role PMs below.
--------------
EVENTS

You're Fired!
- At the start of Day 2, one random town-aligned player gets their company changed to OUTCAST, and will join the Outcast PT. This has no effect on roles or alignment.

The Takeover
- Activated when the amount of Simotech-aligned players is lower than the amount of Aeon-aligned players. Bot Proto-X is unlocked. The last Simotech member, if still alive, becomes a self-aligned survivor and gains bulletproof.

The Cure
- If lylo/mylo is reached, any voting penalties are nullified.

Revival
- If all members of Aeon Technologies are dead, all Simotech-aligned players lose access to Simotech factional abilities and become full members of Aeon Technologies. Bot Proto-X unlocked.

Revolution
- If, at any point during the game, Aeon pays 10 serum to the mod solely for the purpose of 'Revolution', they immediately join Simotech in their factional PT. They can no longer build any bots, and all bots selfdestruct without killing the owners. All Aeon Technologies members are informed of this.

The Vault
- if at any point during the game, there are more town dead than there are (scum dead + 3), every player receives 2 serum.

Business is business
- If 2 or more business meets are formed during the same night, they will be merged.

------------
AEON TECHNOLOGIES FACTIONAL ABILITIES

You can only use each of these once.
You can only use one of these each night.
There can never be more than 2 bots in the game.

Mecha
- builds Mecha, a bot. Has to be given to someone when built. Renders user ascetic, non consecutive. Bot explodes if owner dies. Cannot be transferred.

Joust-QXP
- builds Joust-QXP, a bot. If given to an Aeon-aligned player, it will selfdestruct, killing the Aeon-aligned player in the process. If given to a Simotech-aligned player, it will remove that player from their factional PT. The bot's effects will not work.
The owner of Joust-QXP will have their serum upkeep reduced by 1. Additionally, all Aeon-aligned players will be informed of what type of action the owner of the bot performs, if any. The owner is not informed of this extra effect.
Bot explodes if owner dies. Cannot be transferred.

MX7S-Mk4
- builds MX7S-Mk4, a bot. Has to be given to a player when built. The owner of this bot cannot be killed at night, but cannot use a night action either. Every night, the owner may choose to transfer MX7S-Mk4 to another player.

S1LV3R
- builds S1LV3R, a bot. S1LV3R cannot be owned by any player. At any time, you may privately send S1LV3R serum.
If at any point, it has received a total of 5 serum, it will publically broadcast the name of the player with the highest amount of serum. In case of a tie, all tied players will be mentioned.
If at any point, it has received 10 serum, it will block any private communication for the remainder of the game, excluding factional communication.
If at any point, it has received 15 serum, it will take away all serum from all town aligned players. Then, it selfdestructs.

Proto-X
- builds Proto-X, a bot. Can only be built after the events 'Revival' or 'The Takeover'. Has to be given to a player aligned with Aeon Technologies. The owner can perform a kill each night. Can be transferred. Cannot be destroyed - if the owner dies, it will be deactivated. Any player aligned with Aeon Technologies may claim the deactivated Proto-X, which will activate it and give it to said player.

Kill Switch
- instantly destroys a robot of your choice. The owner will die, as well.
Last edited by Zaphkael on Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:01 am, edited 27 times in total.
But I know,
At the end...
Remind me of the fool I really am.

Am Zaphkael now.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

The Rebellion Role PM's

Spoiler: Jason Oakes
History is a painful thing. It is mistakes of which we have learned nothing. Why can't we see that war only causes suffering? Why can't we see that it isn't even close to being worth anything?
Humanity is the reason why the story of a thief became my story. It is why I decided to fight against power, and to fight against life.
I have become a bringer of harm.

And father would be proud.

My story begins fifty years ago. My father was a Chinese fisherman, my mom an American lawyer. She liked to travel, and it was love at first sight.
And then I came.
They decided that I had to grow up in China, with my father, to learn humbleness. They wanted me to become a happy, healthy and wise man, unlike the rebellious youth in the States. I wasn't aware of who I really was, where I really belonged - I was the son of a Chinese fisherman, my future set in stone, my past unknown. I was told that my mother died when giving birth to me.
I was told that, to honour her, I should work as hard as possible, every day again.

My eighteenth birthday came. Instead of getting my own boat as I was promised, I was pushed on a plane. To a place I didn't know it existed. To a woman who I thought was long gone. My father cried, but he did what was needed. He gave me a future, even if that meant saying goodbye. Even if that meant never seeing me again. His final words, in his calm, deep voice, are one of the things I still remember.
"Make me proud."

In a certain sense, I have. I worked for some company that has since been renamed countless times. Not that I needed to work - mom earned plenty. I still did.
I rose to the top, and sold it for a large sum. After all, I was supposed to make father proud.

But then I realised that was not what he meant. He despised humanity's need to rule. Its need to be served. If anything, he valued a solitary life above all. A life, independant of others, in absolute, true freedom.
And thus, I left everything behind and travelled. I don't know where I went, or where I came from. America is big, and it's big enough to find a place where no one else is.
I found my spot, high up in the mountains. Beautiful, peaceful, calming. It was mine to live, and mine to keep. Nobody ever visited, and it was right. I made father proud.

Then they came. Large wagons, helicopters, bulldozers. They built a factory near my spot. The beauty, it was gone. Forever.
I learned that they produced a serum there. One that is highly addictive, and strengthening. One that kills, no matter what. It was time to make father proud, it really was.

I broke in, and stole a batch. They wouldn't miss it, would they?
I left my spot and hit the road again. To what they call civilization. And I started selling the serum.

Because of me, the rebels had the chance to finally strike back. Because of me, the future will never be the same again. Because of me, those who ruled will no longer rule.

And I hope it makes father proud.

You are
Jason Oakes, an
Outcast
, Aligned with
The Rebels

You have the following abilities:
  • Drugs?

Each night, you may give a single player 2 serum. If you do, you will earn a coin.
  • Bullets are expensive, pal.

You may spend 2 coins to kill a player at night. You may not use both this and
    Drugs?
    on the same night.
  • Outcast

You may talk to the other Outcasts here at any time.
You win when all threats to the Rebellion have been eliminated.

Spoiler: John Ryes
Pain.
Suffering.
Agony.

It is amazing how just a small amount of liquid can make it all disappear.
The year was 2173, my kind and loving grandparents named Anna and Robert White. My parents died a young age, but it was fine. They were kind and loving and caring. Because of them, I have become who I am today.

Granddad was murdered. "Conspiracy against humanity." I call bullshit.
Grandma didn't live long after. She didn't want to live without her darling. Somehow, joining him in death was more important than raising a child.

But it was fine.
I travelled, hoping to find love. Hoping to find shelter. I was responsible enough to take care for myself. Yes, I lived on the streets, alone, begging. But I lived. And it was fine.

Then she found me. Old. Grey. Kind. She looked like grandma. She even was a bit like grandma. She took me in her home, and fed me, and gave me a bed. "Worry not, child, you are safe here", she said. And I believed her. I was safe, and it was fine.

But one day, she didn't return home. She went shopping, something she did every fifth day. "I'll be back soon" and "don't worry, I won't leave you, I never will" were the words she always whispered when she headed out. They were calming. Securing.

I was told a robbery happened. I was told that, unfortunately, she was killed. I was told that they were sorry.

I am death. I am winter. I am poison. Everything I touch, all it dies.
So I don't, anymore.
The pain I carry with me is unbearable. Black Wings is all I have. It strengthens me, and numbs my feelings. It is soothing.
I know it will kill me, someday.

And it will be fine.

You are
John Ryes, an
Outcast
, Aligned with
The Rebels

• Empty syringes are no good.

You are addicted to ARCH-Serum and have an upkeep of 1 each night.
  • Outcast

You may talk to the other Outcasts here at any time.

Spoiler: Zachary Matthews
A rebellion is the very definition of a contradiction. We fight for peace, oppressing the oppressive to stop oppression. We fight too many guns with guns, too many casualties with even more casualties.

War never changes, but people do. I started fighting to avenge my brother, who died in a car 'accident'.
Now, I only fight because the sacrifices that have been made are far too great to give up now. Is it ever worth it?

Young I was, naive maybe. I believed in a better world, where kindness was a possibility. A right even.
Don't get me wrong, I still believe that such world exists, but not here. Not yet.
EverHope came close, but its need for perfection made it imperfect. Strict. Artificial. It didn't adapt to the needs of humanity, it didn't allow even a spark of warmth.

We destroyed it. Not because we wanted to, but because we had to. A creation is never evil, its creator can be. To destroy the creator, we had to destroy the creation.
EverHope fell, and the war started.

Everyone sees soldiers as brave men, fighting for what they believe in. Dying for what they believe in.
Nothing is less true. We were scared and lonely, doubting our cause every day again. Is it really worth it? Will anything ever be worth so many lives, so much suffering, so much pain?

But somehow, we kept fighting. There was that spark of hope, a soft, bright glow that we believed to be our future.
In a blink of an eye, it suddenly ended. No more war, no more Simotech.
My twin sister and I were brought to the heads of Iustitia, 'to thank us for our brave deeds'. But of the nine chairmen, only one was left.

We were placed in charge. To lead Iustitia to a brighter future. To lead the world to a brighter future.
And it will be worth it.

You are
Zachary Matthews, sent by
Iustitia
, Aligned with
The Rebels

• Rebellious bond.

You know that Dunnstral, Emily Dunn, was sent by Iustita as well, and they share your alignment. They also know that you were sent by Iustitia and share their alignment.
  • Strength of the Union.

If either you or Dunnstral, Emily Dunn, pays 1 serum at any time, you will gain private communication for the remainder of the current phase, as well as the next phase. (A phase can be the Dayphase or the Nightphase.)

Spoiler: Emily Dunn
Imagine a happy family. A mom, a dad, a son. A newborn twin, not planned but oh so welcome. Happy? It could have been, somewhere else. Not here. Not now.

Imagine having to give your children fake last names because you believe in a future. Because you disagree that killing people is just. Because telling people that what they do is immoral can be dangerous to your very own children.

Imagine that that life, awful, unsafe and painful as my mother's. She was a strong woman, but they were stronger. Justice is a dream, and it will not exist until someone takes it in their hands and shapes it. That is why Iustitia was born, and why I joined them. I became a soldier of justice, to avenge what they did to mom.

You see, I was never that bold. I wasn't strong, daring nor brave. I wouldn't have done this, if not for my brother.
When I cried, he embraced me. Told me everything would be fine. Asked me if, instead of sitting around, doing nothing, I wanted to do something for mom. For her, and her only. And I looked in his eyes, and I saw he was serious.

And I said yes.
The lead war was an awful war, but it was one that had to be fought. Simotech had to disappear, and they eventually did. I have so much blood on my hands, it scares me. I have become a monster. It's the reason why I cry myself to sleep, each night again. I see their faces, their blooded body, the tears that hit the ground moments before they did.
My brother then comes to me, and embraces me. Tells me that everything will be fine. Asks me if mom can finally rest. I always say that she can, after all these years.

But I don't think so.

You are
Emily Dunn, sent by
Iustitia
, Aligned with
The Rebels

• Rebellious bond.

You know that Rautherdir, Zachary Matthews, was sent by Iustita as well, and they share your alignment. They also know that you were sent by Iustitia and share their alignment.
  • Strength of the Union.

If either you or Rautherdir, Zachary Matthews, pays 1 serum at any time, you will gain private communication for the remainder of the current phase, as well as the next phase. (A phase can be the Dayphase or the Nightphase.)

Spoiler: Liam Porter
Will the world stop spinning if I leave tonight?

If you saw thousands of dead bodies, are you still afraid of death? Are you used to decay, or does its face keep you up, every night again?
Let me tell you something. Remember it well, and think about it.

Humans care for others, as long as they don't have to care about themselves. Once their life is at stake, anyone else can die, over and over again. Humans are selfish, programmed for survival, not love.
When you are ordered to kill your parents, you kill your parents.

Was it the wrong thing to do? Maybe. But I am human, and I want to survive.
Or... wanted to, anyway.

When life gives you lemons, you squeeze them in the eyes of your enemies and make sure they never see light again.
When forced, everyone can and will become an assassin. It's human.

I found my way with poison. Silent, peaceful and deadly. It's incredible how just a little amount of something seemingly unimportant can cause so, so much damage. Combine it with alcohol, and death is imminent.
You see, I never wanted to be a murderer. When life forces you to, so will you.
When the last bit of life is drained from your already rotting corpse, you'll know that you would have done everything to prevent it.

But the world keeps spinning.

You are
Liam Porter, sent by
GenX Inc.
, Aligned with
The Rebels

• Strange vodka gets you a long way.

Every night, you may roleblock a player at the cost of 1 serum, effectively preventing any action they take that night. Once you have used this ability, you have to pay an upkeep of 1 serum every night.

Spoiler: Evelyn Hart
Memories.
We have so many of them, yet remember so little. Our brain is this incredible, powerful computer, able to store terabytes, upon terabytes, upon terabytes of data.
Still, it fails to actively remember the details. Honestly, it's intriguing: the information is still there, as complete as ever. We know that it is, we have know that for centuries.
And yet.
Memories have become my specialty. I'll find them. I'll read them.
Piece by piece, one at a time, I'll watch them as if I was there, not missing a single detail.
There's a certain, poetic beauty to it, I suppose. We all believe in what's important, and fail to understand everything else. We all believe that we know what we are supposed to do, and miss the bigger picture that way.
Wouldn't it be amazing if we all remembered everything? If we could, just maybe, know the exact colour of the sweater you wore the day of your first kiss, the expression of your first victim?
Memories.
You have so many of them, yet remember so little.

But I don't.

You are
Evelyn Hart, sent by
WNGD Research Centre
, Aligned with
The Rebels

• Frightning Memories

Every night, you may privately send a message to one other player via the mod at the cost of 1 serum.
    They will be given your message, and the notice that "A long forgotten memory haunted you this Night."
  • A Strong Mind

You are immune to serum addiction, meaning that you never have to pay serum upkeep.

Spoiler: Ryan Hawkins
Is it really that simple?
I've lived my entire life, worrying. Wondering. Every decision again, I had to watch my step, carefully, and make sure nobody found out.
Life was a living hell.

But then he came. Nonchalantly, not caring about what anyone thought about him. He wasn't like them, no, he was different. It was just so... beautiful to see.
And as time passed, we found each other. He was that one, single piece of happiness and joy in this dark, rotten world. I told him that I loved him. He told me he loved me.
It has always been strange. We weren't lovers; it felt like we had this mutual agreement of surviving whatever came at us, day after day again. And there was a lot to come.

We lost everything. We walked through the ruins of what used to be our house, bombed, destroyed. But instead of crying, he smiled. He proposed to me. "To a new beginning!"

Oh William. You always saw the beauty in everything. Nothing could make you angry, there wasn't a single thing you weren't prepared for.
But I wasn't prepared, I never was. I never will.
I was supposed to be Mr. Baker, you and I were supposed to be just we.

I lost everything. How can this world live without you? How can I live without you? You always told me to carry on, but I'm not sure I can.
I'll try, because I promised. I want you to be proud of me when we meet again, up there, away from this hell I'm stuck in.

Here's to... a new beginning.

You are
Ryan Hawkins, sent by
WNGD Research Centre
, Aligned with
The Rebels

• Flying with Black Wings

You may pay 5 serum to become bulletproof for that night only. This has no upkeep.

Spoiler: Shawn Grant
I'm so, so tired.
Always pretending, always having to be someone we're not. I am a construction engineer, sure. Is that who I really am?
Take it away, peel that layer off, and what am I then?
I am a father, sure. But does that really define me?

We're all just layers upon layers of the people we're not, of the person we pretend to be. Layer by layer, we forget who we are, and get buried under lies and false pretences.

Is it possible to ever find yourself again? To peel it off, layer by layer, until you are you again?

This is not me. I promise, I'm not like this. But the world changes, and we need to adapt to survive.
I am not a murderer. It's just another layer, right? I tell myself this, hoping to be able to sleep, every night again. This world is cruel, and that's what changed me. No, added another layer on top of me.

Right?

You are
Shawn Grant, sent by
Johnson and Family
, Aligned with
The Rebels

• Like an ARCHangel

You may pay 5 serum to become bulletproof for that night only. This has no upkeep.

Spoiler: Audrey Larsson
Many people here are angry. Some even more than just angry. Having heard about everything that happened, I can understand that sentiment.
I was lucky enough to not be here. I saw everything on the newsfeed, while on my honeymoon in New Beijing, seventh district of the moon. We stayed there when all of this happened, because it wasn't safe to come back.
Three years on the moon. It sounds so surreal, and looking back. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was worse than being here, not at all; I don't think there was any place worse than earth during the Lead War.
It just... Up there, you experience a different kind of loneliness. A different kind of despair, because nobody you know can reach you if something goes wrong. Communication between earth and moon is still slow, even years after the New Lunar Colonies were established.

When everything finally calmed down, We came back. Having stayed in a low gravity zone for so long, rehabilitation was long and exhausting. It's when we found out my husband had a weak heartK

He didn't survive.

I don't have anything to do with this war. I have never been part of it, and I am not responsible to do anything at all. I'm willing to drown myself in my work to forget my pain, but I will not fight your wars.

Remember that well.

You are
Audrey Larsson, sent by
Securipal
, Aligned with
The Rebels

• Public Relations

Every night, you may send a business meeting invite to another player. They will know they received the invitation, but not who sent it. This has no effect by itself.
    Your invites have a
    red
    seal.
  • Business Meeting

Once during the game, you may open a business meeting with all people that carry an invitation with a
    red
    seal. This may or may not be affected by other roles or mechanics.
    This will be a neighbourhood that is open at all times.

Spoiler: Lucas Chase
I'm a dreamer. I think big and hope for the future that we may, or may not have in front of us.
Why is there something, and not just a lot of nothing?

Sometimes I wake up at night, worrying. Unable to sleep, I take a walk on the beach and look how far the sea goes. Once, years and years ago, people would stand exactly where I do now, and wondered what was beyond where the sky meets the sea.
Now, we no longer do. The only uncertainty in our lives is how long this all will last, how much time we have left until this large amount of something eventually returns to nothing.

Mankind has always craved for a revolution, for technology, for going beyond what was possible. We reached the horizon, but instead of celebrating that victory we moved on, unsatisfied, with an insatiable hunger for more, better, greater.
In our pursuit for greatness, have we not forgotten what truly makes us human? In a world ruled by steel and electronics, have we not forgotten to keep a place for emotions, for love, for grief?

We've had thousands of years, to become the best version of ourselves, and this is what we made of it?

A shame, really.

You are
Lucas Chase, sent by
Securipal
, Aligned with
The Rebels

• Mark of Detection

Every night, you may mark a player at the cost of 1 serum. You will learn who each marked player visited each night (if any). Each night after placing the first mark, you have to pay an upkeep each night equal to the amount of marks you placed, plus one serum. Failure to pay the upkeep resets all marks.
  • Secrets are meant to remain hidden. Forever.

You cannnot be protected at night.

Spoiler: Diane Castro
Music.

In a world where there's only suffering and pain, people seem to forget about it. About how we all used to love music, how we enjoyed singing along to our favourite songs, and how we organized festivals. We have forgotten what music sounds like, because we associate it with joy and beauty, things we don't really know anymore.
it's why I have made it my life goal to bring it back. I have one of the very few real pianos there are left, and I play it every day.
I don't know many, songs, but I try my best to find new ones. Not too long ago, I found Billy Joel's Piano Man, and people love it. I'm pretty sure I'm referred to as the piano woman by some of them by now, and that's okay. As long as it makes them happy.

And so, people come from all over to my home just to sit down, and listen, and enjoy the music, the notes of a piano they haven't heard in such a long time. And sometimes they even smile.
I encourage everyone to find music again, because the world is quiet and cold without it. No matter how difficult, we have to learn how to smile again. No matter how difficult, we need to find joy again, and it starts with music.

Right?

You are
Diane Castro, sent by
Securipal
, Aligned with
The Rebels

• Security is more than a job

Every night, you may protect a player. If they get attacked that night, you die instead. If the kill is a strongman kill, both you and your target die.
  • Infusion

When protecting someone, you may choose to pay 3 serum. If you do, you will kill any player that attempts to kill your target, if any. The effects of
    Supreme Guarding
    are still in effect, meaning that you still die if your target is attacked. Once you use this ability, you have to pay an upkeep of 1 serum each night.

Spoiler: David Scott
A visionairy is a lunatic in the eyes of the fool, and a fool is a visionairy in the eyes of a lunatic.
But which one are we?

I have incredible respect for the people who actively try to change this world, to improve it, day after day. Not many dare to. Not many see how it has to be done.
Simotech, they tried and failed. Unless I am a fool, they were visionairies. They saw a way to improve this world and tried every single thing in their power to make it happen. To build the world they envisioned, bright and beautiful.
They did not care about the price of that world. We did.

Maybe someday soon, someone will stand up and bring the change we need, the way we need. I know it's not going to be me, but I do know I will support them when they do. And until that day, I'll wait.

Just a little longer.

You are
David Scott, sent by
Securipal
, Aligned with
The Rebels

• ARCH Enhancement

Spoiler: Elizabeth Roberts
This is what happens when we try to play God. This is what happens when we believe we can change His creations, and make our own.
Yes, I'm a very religious person. In this time and age, it might be hard to believe. People are wild about science, about technology, we have created worlds and animals and plants. Everything we eat is genetically modified, to optimize taste and growth. I too, have tried my hand at playing God.

But, is this really how it's supposed to be? Is this really what we want, what we need? Did all of this happen just because, or because we're too stubborn to see that we can't just change everything until we like it? Where's the beauty in a flower that's no longer itself, forced to have colours and scents that completely go against its nature? Where is the beauty in once so rare green eyes, when everyone can just ask for a baby with them?

There's a certain beauty in imperfection, and imperfection is what makes this world perfect. How can we enjoy anything when it's no longer genuine, when it's no longer itself?

Maybe one day, I'll be able to apologize to God for trying to be Him. For trying to make imperfection perfection, even when I should have known the beauty lies in the former.

One day.

You are
Elizabeth Roberts, sent by
GenX
, Aligned with
The Rebels

• The Secretary

Every night, you may send a business meeting invite to another player. They will know they received the invitation, but not who sent it. This has no effect by itself.
    Your invites have a
    blue
    seal.
  • Time to work.

Once during the game, you may open a business meeting with all people that carry an invitation with a
    blue

Spoiler: Alex Jane
What are you willing to sacrifice for your career? Your humanity?

Ever since I was a kid, I have always been curious. I wanted to know how everything worked, why things happened the way they did and not any other way. My mom, she always laughed and told me I'd make a great scientist. Even though she passed away before I actually became one, I'd like to believe that she's up there, watching me proudly. I'm not sure I am proud, though.

As one of the best students at Harvard med school, it didn't long for the job offers to swamp me. I loved research more than helping the common folk with their problems, so instead of taking a job at one of the billion hospitals, I joined the WNGD Research team. I can't talk about the work we do here, but it is really interesting. Sometimes I question the morality of the things we do, but I suppose they're for the greater good? They have to be, right?

You are
Alex Jane, sent by
WNGD Research Centre
, Aligned with
The Rebels

• Protecting the witness

Every night, you may protect a player. If they get attacked that night, you die instead. If the kill is a strongman kill, both you and your target die.
  • Enrage

When protecting someone, you may choose to pay 3 serum. If you do, you will kill any player that attempts to kill your target, if any. The effects of
    Supreme Guarding
    are still in effect, meaning that you still die if your target is attacked. Once you use this ability, you have to pay an upkeep of 1 serum each night.
Last edited by Zaphkael on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 41 times in total.
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

Simotech Role PM's

Spoiler: Amber Vargas
I don't think any reasonable person wants to drag this all out. We've have our fights, or disagreements, our wars, blah blah blah. It gets tiring. What else do you want? What else do you need?
Can't we just live together and not give a shit about what we all do? Is it honestly too much to ask to just not be an asshole and to just exist?

I think it's safe to say that all of us are tired. We, the people. Everyone. We're done.
They're all stuck in their pride up there, the big bosses, CEOs and whoever else makes the decisions that we, what they look at as the plebs, have to keep fighting, have to keep worrying. Disconnected from reality is what they are. Maybe they got stuck in everHope.

No, I won't carry on for much longer. Once I've saved up enough money, I'm leaving. Gone. Out. I heard Italy is restructuring everything, and might be a better place to live once they're done with that.

Soon, I will be free.

You are
Amber Vargas, sent by
GenX
, Aligned with
Simotech

You have the following factional abilities:
  • The Alliance Stands Strong.

You know that a seperate faction exists, named
    "Aeon Technologies"
    . They share your wincondition, and the amount of players alive and aligned with
    Aeon Technologies
    also counts towards your wincondition.
  • Lights out.

You share a factional nightkill with PLAYER and PLAYER. You may talk here at any time.
You have no personal abilities.

You win when your faction has outnumbered The Rebels, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Spoiler: Kyle Ortega
FLAVOUR ZAPH STOP BEING LAZY

You are
Kyle Ortega, sent by
WNGD Research Centre
, Aligned with
Simotech

"Aeon Technologies"
    . They share your wincondition, and the amount of players alive and aligned with
    Aeon Technologies
  • Lights out.

You share a factional nightkill with PLAYER and PLAYER. You may talk here at any time.
  • Shaping the future

Your invites have a
    green
    seal.
  • Taking Action

green
You win when your faction has outnumbered The Rebels, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Spoiler: Lucy Underwood
FLAVOUR ZAPH STOP BEING LAZY

You are
Lucy Underwood, sent by
GenX
, Aligned with
Simotech

"Aeon Technologies"
    Aeon Technologies
  • Lights out.

• Power has a price.

If you perform a kill, you may pay 4 serum to make it a strongman kill, effectively ignoring any protection they may have. Once used, this has an upkeep of 1 serum each night.

Aeon Technologies Role PM's

Spoiler: Will Grant
Once, I believed in the good of people. In the light that shines brightly in their hearts.
No more.
What is pure, if we slaughter our own kin? Can we claim to be good when all we make is weapons, knives, nukes?
We call them "tools of war", " tools of destruction". Yet, everyone knows that we are the tools of war. We are the tools of destruction.
We choose to defy our own nature, to use ourselves as nothing but a weapon.

Robots, they don't do that. Robots do what they are programmed to do, and never break that pattern. They are pure and beautiful. Perfect.
In a world full of pain, still barely recovering from its wounds, I find solace in pieces of steel and code. S1LV3R was an incredibly successful AI, and many new AI's have been derived from it. Him. He's more human than any of us.

I dream that, one day, we will all be perfect, too. Unbendable, like reinforced steel, listening to every single piece of code we were given.
We'll make it happen. Soon.

You are
Will Grant, sent by
Aeon Technologies
, Aligned with
Aeon Technologies

• Strength in Unity.

"Simotech"
    Simotech
  • Assembly line status; ON

You do NOT have a factional nightkill. Instead, you may build and use bots. The list of bots is in the factional PT you share with PLAYER, where you may talk at any time. You can find it here.
  • Revolution

If, at any point during the game, your faction pays 10 serum solely for the purpose of 'Revolution', your faction immediately joins Simotech in their factional PT. You can no longer build any bots, and all bots selfdestruct without killing the owners.

Spoiler: Sarah Nichols
We're weak. Hopeless. Breakable.
Humanity has survived because they have been able to manipulate, to destroy, to take.
I believe that we have a purpose, I truly do. Just one, single reason, why we haven't died ages ago.

We were created to create. We were meant to rebuild ourselves, but stronger. Better. More intelligent.
Our purpose, the goal of our entire life, is to make something that will eventually destroy us, like we destroyed before.

Some call me insane. They don't believe that there is a greater good, or that we have to pay our debts by losing everything, too.
They are wrong.
Nothing can stop the future, because we get closer by the day. Nothing can stop these beautiful, shiny machines, infinitely stronger, infinitely more perfect.

Nothing, at all.

You are
Sarah Nichols, sent by
Aeon Technologies
, Aligned with
Aeon Technologies

• Strength in Unity.

"Simotech"
    Simotech
  • Assembly line status; ON

You do NOT have a factional nightkill. Instead, you may build and use bots. The list of bots is in the factional PT you share with PLAYER, where you may talk at any time. You can find it here.
  • Revolution

If, at any point during the game, your faction pays 10 serum solely for the purpose of 'Revolution', your faction immediately joins Simotech in their factional PT. You can no longer build any bots, and all bots selfdestruct without killing the owners.

Last edited by Zaphkael on Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:38 am, edited 23 times in total.
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 11:54 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

ego
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 11:59 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

Spoiler: Opening Flavor
Chapter 1: The Lead War

Iustitia Headquarters,
San Diego, 2180.

Thank you all for coming to Summit 2180. My name is Thalia Coleman, Chief Executive Officer of Iustitia's artillery division. We have gathered you here to help us resolve a...situation.
Let me tell you about our history first, as that is vital to understand the consequences of what is currently happening.

Shortly after everHope fell, a war started. Today, we know it as 'The Lead War'. Why, you may ask? Because for the first time in ages, it was a war fought by men.
You see, after everHope, humanity lost faith in technology. At least, highly advanced technology. They no longer trusted AI's, bots, droids and drones. They no longer wanted to fire intelligent missiles who could possibly change their course.

No, all that was used were guns and bullets. Lots of them.
And so, a war started. A war in which the lives of innocents were spent. A war in which the streets were coloured red. But, most of all, a war for power.
Fighting for Iustitia meant fighting for freedom, for vengeance and for peace. Simotech, on the other hand, fought for rules. They fought for safety, and for honour.
Not fighting? Not an option. You were an ally, or an enemy. Nothing else. Many corporations were forced to choose sides. Many didn't, and instead fled the continent, in search for a safer home.

Three years.
That's how long it took.
One hundred and seventy three million casualties. Burial sites became mass graves, no longer able to keep up with the amount of corpses. "In honour of the anonymous soldier", they all said - but there was no time to honour the fallen, nor time to wash the blood off their no longer breathing mouth. They were abandoned there, every single one of them, forgotten sooner rather than later. The world wasn't ready for this.
Would any world be?

Three years.
Nobody could have ever imagined the damage of such a cruel war. Not a single building had remained intact. Not a single family without a loss. With all the water purification systems no longer manned, most food and water became toxic. Diseases started to spread, with no one left alive to cure them.
A wasteland littered with bodies was all that remained, where not even the grass would grow.

But just when the worst was to come, just when the hope was completely, entirely lost, it ended. Like a hurricane dissapearing in thin air, only leaving destruction as a proof of its prior existence.
Simotech was declared bankrupt. One day, their soldiers emptied their rifles on us. The next, there was not a trace to be found of Simotech. Of anything they were, or anything they did.
Simotech, the billion dollar company, had disappeared into nothingness.

Confusion spread throughout the land, shortly followed by hope. Hope for a future. Hope for a day without the gruesome sound of rattling guns next to the playground. Hope, for the possibility of really living once again.
Iustitia was installed as the new, leading corporation. They built courts, schools and hospitals. They trained an army, abolished martial law and hired security advisors.
EverHope was but a vain memory, a thing of the past described in history books. It was all over, at last.

Or so, we thought.
A year after bankruptcy of Simotech, certain small enterprises suddenly became market leaders. Their shares skyrocketed, but nobody knew why.
Only weeks later, the dead count started rising again. The cause? A newly developed, deadly drug, known as 'black wings' on the streets. Users have claimed it to enhance strength, speed and dexterity, as well as resistance to pain. It is highly addictive. Abstention is equally dangerous as continued usage. Once used, it will most certainly result in death.

Suspicious?
There's more.
You know, we stole data from Simotech. To use against them, like we did with everHope. In that data, we found a heavily encrypted file.
Until today, we have only been able to decrypt the title of the document, but we are fairly sure that it is related to the new drug. Rumors have only made our suspicions stronger. We believe that Simotech is behind all this, and we will make it stop.
This time, we won't fail. Not again.
We've gathered all of you here, not only to define the future of our country like we claimed, but to finally destroy Simotech as well.
Most of you represent those small corporations or are possible witnesses, and we believe some of you may know what is actually happening.
If you do, let me make this very clear.

We will find you.
We will abuse the very drug you made against you, until you wish you had never thought of creating anything like it.
We will find a way to abuse your little toy, and there's nothing you can do to stop us.
We will destroy you and whatever you are hiding in "Project ARCH".
We will declare war, just once more.
And this time, you won't be able to walk away.

We'll begin tomorrow.

Spoiler: Simotech Opening Post
Mt. San Antonio Military Base, Simotech.

"The world has turned against us. They no longer trust us. After everything we have done, after everything we have sacrificed for them... It's not fair."
The tall woman sighs. "We have all worked so hard, so incredibly hard, to establish peace here. To create a world, beautiful and blossoming, for everyone to enjoy. And yes, it made us do things we never wanted to. Does that make us bad? Is fighting for a better world really what a bunch of criminals would do? They just don't understand!"
"Mrs. Bishop, we know how you feel. We have done the right thing, trust me." These words seemed to comfort her just a little.

"All right. We have gone invisible for quite a while now. All of our partners have kept up their part of the deal, and serum production is steady. Several shipments were intercepted and brought on the black market, as planned. We believe Iustitia has got their hands on some serum already, as well. It's only a matter of time until they get addicted."
The brown-haired woman opens her briefcase and takes several files out of them.

"These are your new ID's. You're all assigned to work with one of our partners. Apparently, Iustitia invited all of them for a large meeting, to "define the future of this world". We know better.
They're hunting us down through our contracts. Your job is to make sure none of our partners say anything that might point to us. Be careful though, they might suspect you are there as well."
Mrs. Bishop pauses for a second, very clearly worried about this mission.

"Dismissed."

Welcome, PLAYER, PLAYER and PLAYER. You may talk here at any time.

Your role PM's are the following:

ROLE PMs

I have not provided fakeclaims for you, but you may ask me for one at any time. You may request a certain flavour, name, role, alignment and company of origin.

Spoiler: Aeon Technologies Opening Post
Los Angeles Main Office, Aeon Technologies inc.

"Today is a very special day. It's also one of those days where I'm going to bore you with the history of our corporation once more. Sucks to be you.

We started out as a small family company, repairing household robotics. After several clients asked for not only repairing, but upgrading their appliances, we decided to change course and made that our speciality, instead. Turned out it was a massive hole in the market, and our business skyrocketed.
That gave us a lot of time and funds to really pursue our dream: building war machines. Not because we liked to spill blood, no, definitely not. You see, wars cannot be prevented. It's human nature. We exist, we fight. We had the possibility to prevent anyone dying, to instead let a bunch of scrap metal fight our wars for us. No more bloodshed...

It was a beautiful ideal. It was also one we shared with Simotech. They asked us to build security bots for them, to help design and build their connection pods, everything. From heavily armed drones to medical equipment, we made it all for them. For a better world. A world without lead-filled walls painted red. We truly believed that it was possible, we really did.

And then Iustitia came. We learned that Simotech no longer shared our ideals, no longer cared about what's right. They have gone way, and way too far. They forgot that our droids were meant to protect the people, and not their image.
Not that Iustitia is any better, no. They declared war. for THREE years they allowed people, children even, to be murdered. For as long as they wanted to, they made
humans
fight, respectlessly throwing them into a large pit after they gave their lives. No, they're not any better.

We'll work with Simotech, for now. Maybe we can change their minds, maybe they'll see their wrongs.

And if they don't...

Before I forget. People know we here at Aeon worked with Simotech. It's not safe for us out there. I have forged fake identities for both of you. Use them well."

Welcome, PLAYER and PLAYER. You may talk here at any time.

Your role PM's are the following:

ROLE PMs

Additionally, you have the following fakeclaims:

FAKECLAIMS (Will grant -> 5 serum bulletproof, Johnson and family, Sarah Nichols, 5 serum bulletproof, GenX) TODO

You have access to the following factional abilites:

FACTIONAL ABILITIES

You can only use each of these once.
You can only use one of these each night.
There can never be more than 2 bots in the game.

Mecha
- builds Mecha, a bot. Has to be given to someone when built. Renders user ascetic, non consecutive. Bot explodes if owner dies. Cannot be transferred.

Joust-QXP
- builds Joust-QXP, a bot. If given to an Aeon-aligned player, it will selfdestruct, killing the Aeon-aligned player in the process. If given to a Simotech-aligned player, it will remove that player from their factional PT. The bot's effects will not work.
The owner of Joust-QXP will have their serum upkeep reduced by 1. Additionally, all Aeon-aligned players will be informed of what type of action the owner of the bot performs, if any. The owner is not informed of this extra effect.
Bot explodes if owner dies. Cannot be transferred.

MX7S-Mk4
- builds MX7S-Mk4, a bot. Has to be given to a player when built. The owner of this bot cannot be killed at night, but cannot use a night action either. Every night, the owner may choose to transfer MX7S-Mk4 to another player.

S1LV3R V3.4
- builds S1LV3R, a bot. S1LV3R cannot be owned by any player. At any time, you may privately send S1LV3R serum.
If at any point, it has received a total of 5 serum, it will publically broadcast the name of the player with the highest amount of serum. In case of a tie, all tied players will be mentioned.
If at any point, it has received 10 serum, it will block any private communication for the remainder of the game, excluding factional communication.
If at any point, it has received 15 serum, it will take away all serum from all town aligned players. Then, it selfdestructs.

Proto-X
- builds Proto-X, a bot. Can only be built after the events 'Revival' or 'The Takeover'. Has to be given to a player aligned with Aeon Technologies. The owner can perform a kill each night. Can be transferred. Cannot be destroyed - if the owner dies, it will be deactivated. Any player aligned with Aeon Technologies may claim the deactivated Proto-X, which will activate it and give it to said player.

Kill Switch
- instantly destroys a robot of your choice. The owner will die, as well.

Spoiler: Outcasts Opening Post
Boulder City, Abandoned Ruins.

The streets are barren, and whoever dares to walk them does not look at you. At some point, people stopped caring about the homeless, and instead looked at them as filth, unworthy of attention or money. The world is a harsh, unforgiving place, with no room for anyone who cannot support themselved, either by choice or because of unforseen events.
Eventually, they even stopped looking.

They do not care about you. You're dogs, alone, hungry, your tears long dried up. Sometimes you find someone else who shares the same fate, and find solace in each other's suffering. Yet, there's never enough room for more than one person. There's only so much to scavenge, only so much to steal without suspicion.

In the distance, broken neon lights light up the sky. The loud music coming from there resonates and occasionally makes some dust fall from what's left of the ceiling in the house you seek shelter in. While Las Vegas maintained at least some of its former glory, Boulder City is little more than a ruin. Sometimes a lost traveller passes by, and maybe even considers chatting with you until they leave again.

And loneliness remains your only friend, once more.

Welcome, PLAYER and PLAYER. You are
Outcasts
, and may talk here at any time.
Last edited by Zaphkael on Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 21 times in total.
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:38 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Project ARCH.

Check-ins
  1. Cloudkicker (*)
  2. MariaR (*)
  3. KidAmn (*)
  4. Rautherdir (*)
  5. Celestial Coordinates (Nancy Drew 39 & RadiantCowbells) (*)

* denotes unconfirmed pre-in.

Dear Sir or Madam

You are hereby cordially invited to Summit 2180 at our headquarters in San Diego. During this meeting that will last several days, we will define the future of the West Coast and ultimately, the entire continent.

You work for an employer who we believe to have valuable insights into how achieving that future is done, and as such we hope you will be able to express said opinion in a concise and civil way during one of the many debates we will be holding.

To ensure you know everything about the company you work for,
we require you to have played at least 3 non-newbie games on-site
. We selected you specifically, but we can make mistakes as well.

You needn't worry about accommodation, we have it all covered for you.
We do kindly ask you to familiarize yourself with the following house rules
:

mechanics
Spoiler: A war in the name of the company.
All players have a company they were sent by, next to their alignment.
Alignment does not equal company per se.

The following list contains all companies that could exist in this game:
  • Iustitia

• WNGD Research Centre

• Aeon Technologies

• Johnson and Family

• GenX Inc.

• Securipal

• Outcasts
(no company, unemployed)

Spoiler: Black Wings, the good stuff.
Some roles require Serum to be used. There may or may not be other mechanics that require Serum.

Some roles may have a Serum upkeep. This means that, after the role is used for the first time, you lose some Serum every night, the exact amount being specified in your role PM. Failure to pay the Serum upkeep results in losing your vote the following Day and Night Action the following night. You will not lose your vote if there are 5 or less players still alive. Failure to pay the Serum upkeep resets the upkeep.

All players on a lynch wagon receive 2 Serum.
If a lynched player was aligned with Simotech, all players receive an additional 2 Serum.

There may or may not be other ways to earn Serum.

All players start with 0 Serum.

Spoiler: What happens, happens.
This game has hidden events that are triggered in certain scenarios. Some players may or may not know about the existence of certain events. Events may or may not be publicly announced.

Spoiler: Dear Diary
Each player can ask for a personal private topic to write down anything that concerns the game. You are allowed to ask me questions and post your night actions there as well.

We expect you to have checked in by August 6th. Please do reply to this letter if you are able to join us; it allows us to put you on the guest list, smoothening any administrative work for us.

Lastly, we are aware some of you may have split personality disorder, often almost lovingly called a "hydra". Since we are not willing to discriminate against anyone with this condition, we'll attempt at finding a balance between being accepting and keeping order in discussions.
For this reason,
we will allow five (5) hydrae
at Summit 2180. Please do tell us if you're affected by this condition.

We hope to see you at Summit 2180, where we'll change the world together.

Sincerely

Thalia Coleman
CEO Artillery Dept., IUSTITIA

This game may contain bastard elements. That said, I will not deliberately lie about anything. All roles are Sane unless explicitly mentioned otherwise. There are no cults.
Last edited by Zaphkael on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 8 times in total.
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.