penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:34 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Huh, Virtuoso might not get lynched if people are willing to listen to him. Go figure.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:57 am

Post by fferyllt »

That's a pretty big if. :/
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

In post 24, Syryana wrote:I think you were awesome mate. Still have no idea how you and Lion did the in thread masons thing. Sure, you dont have a perfect read record but that's mafia
Haha, thanks. From my perspective it was just the Not Mafia result that got me townreading him Day 2. I have a feeling he suspected I was the cop from near the start of Day 2. We'll see after the game's over.

I really wish we had this Virtuoso back on Day 2. I doubt he'll be able to avert his own lynch but he has a good shot at directing the Day 5 lynch towards innocentvillager.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Dd you think GuiltyLion was the cop when you claimed Syr?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by Syryana »

Yep. Was the only route we had left to not be overwhelmed by clears. Risky gambit, I lost, 10/10 would gambit again though! I thought he'd copslipped in his big ass post on D2 which was why I was so sure it was him.

And your hypotargets made zero sense to me because I couldn't find anything in your ISO that indicated you'd be investigating those two in particular.

In retrospect though killing you over sobolev was a good move because she's not confirmed doc yet.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

It seems you definitely made the right move, because if you hadn't claimed then you might have targeted tonight under the assumption that GuiltyLion was the cop.

If you were unsure if Sobolev was the doc, I would think roleblocking me would be the better choice, because if someone else was the doc then they could have protected me and stopped the kill. Roleblocking me would have been the only way to ensure I got no results.

I'm really impressed with how easy it was for Sunlit Diamond to earn a townread from me (and for you to maintain it!). That was some solid scum play. I need to reflect on what signs I missed for future games.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:55 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 30, GreenLiquid wrote:If you were unsure if Sobolev was the doc, I would think roleblocking me would be the better choice, because if someone else was the doc then they could have protected me and stopped the kill. Roleblocking me would have been the only way to ensure I got no results.

It seems you definitely made the right move, because if you hadn't claimed then you might have targeted tonight under the assumption that GuiltyLion was the cop.If you were unsure if Sobolev was the doc, I would think roleblocking me would be the better choice, because if someone else was the doc then they could have protected me and stopped the kill. Roleblocking me would have been the only way to ensure I got no results.
Yeah I don't regret the gambit for a second. Besides I think it's good to do things like that in newbies so the fresh folks can see the ups and downs of doing such a thing when on the ropes as scum. On this site you have absolutely got to have the balls to do that sort of thing (and participate, but I digress into hypocrisy).

We actually thought that smith was the doc when the kill was submitted. We had no idea you were the cop, we just knew you'd been saved N1.

Interesting fun fact, I asked for a deadline increase of 24 hours when I joined. The mod was told no. We submitted a kill of smith, roleblock GL. Reread the thread again and realized sobolev was doc. Submitted another kill of sobolev, block GL. (both meaning lion) The second kill missed the deadline by 4 minutes.

Amazing how seconds change the game, no?
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

That would have made for a very different Day 3.

I guess the one thing I did particularly well this game is hide my power role from people, although I did attract a kill Night 1 so that could have gone south quickly. I'll be curious to know in postgame if Sobolev picked up cop vibes or just protected me as a townread.

Virtuoso is doing a pretty amazing job out there. I didn't expect mhsmith0 to waver on lynching him!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Post by Syryana »

If she got cop vibes from you, fair play to her because I couldn't find shit all.

Most likely you got doc'd cause you were town as fuck though ;p

Return to “Completed Game Topics”