Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

A Mid-Scummer Night's Dream [Dead PT]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by morph the cat »

What is dead may never die.

This is the PT for players who have left their dreams behind, and crashed back to reality.

Note: There is at least one role or dream ability in the game that will allow a player with access to this PT to interact with the living breathing game. Do NOT reveal any information; or talk to any other living or dead player about this game except in this PT.

This role/ability has left the game as of Night 2. Please still keep this thread and the rest of the mafiascum universe spoiler-free though!
Last edited by morph the cat on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by Cabd »

EGO: THY NAME IS CABD
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:42 am

Post by morph the cat »

Welcome, randomidget and Shiro!
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

god i played so bhadly this game. this is genuinely the worst i think ive ever played -_- sorry for landing you in that Shiro
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:33 am

Post by fferyllt »

Bad games happen sometimes. You guys looked lost almost from the start.

Do you feel like you could have played better if you weren't a hydra? Sometimes hydraing helps as scum, but not always. It adds a synch delay as both alignments, but I've found that the delay is more troublesome for me as scum than as town.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:36 am

Post by Shiro »

I tried at the end but failed,nobody talked to me and I thrive when I am engaged than vice versa >.< I hoped the timer thing was right but I guess I miscounted how it works. I was almost certain it's segment is 5.5 hours.
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:38 am

Post by Shiro »

It's my fault for being Mia till way too late as well random.

Also I will be afraid of talking here gdi. Death readers.
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:56 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 4, fferyllt wrote:Bad games happen sometimes. You guys looked lost almost from the start.

Do you feel like you could have played better if you weren't a hydra? Sometimes hydraing helps as scum, but not always. It adds a synch delay as both alignments, but I've found that the delay is more troublesome for me as scum than as town.
i think the issue here was our playstyles being similar and not working for this game. we both like to have conversations, establish tone etc which we werent getting done this game. I think i might have been able to BS my way through early a bit better if i wasnt hydraing because i didnt want to back into a corner too hard (which happened anyway). Although me being able to swap out with Shiro late in the phase was massively useful.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:26 am

Post by morph the cat »

Welcome, Nancy and Prism!
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Shiro »

Yo. Why you no follow up Nancy D:
To me:
About me:
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by nancy »

I had no computer access, sorry. :(

There was really nothing you could've done to weaken my scumread there, though. Your response to me asking why you townread me wasn't particularly good - didn't show any real original thought, didn't display any kind of progression; think if you were town getting lynched there you would've been a little more thorough and probably would've displayed some emotion in some way trying to reach out / be heard.

Was pretty certain our slot was eating the nightkill after that dream reveal; bit sad that I didn't get to spend more time in the game because I was really enjoying it - one of the very few mafia games that I have actually really really enjoyed. Thanks @morph.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by nancy »

Basically 100% on Desperado being scum. After that I think there's at least one scum in {hebichan, Cephrir, Syryana} but I feel like the game is too easy and there's something in my blindspot so that's what I'm mainly looking out for; my townreads are actually what I feel the best about - only townread I have any substantial paranoia on is Regfan but he continues to agree with my reads so the narrative for him being scum here is "bussing all buddies" which doesn't seem like a likely scenario at all.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by nancy »

Also Shiro I'm fairly sure your claim was a scumslip; to the best of my understanding town PRs are those likely affected by dreams - you having a 1-shot ability on top of that didn't seem possible at all.

@Mod do scum have any inside information about dreams?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I'm really glad you've enjoyed the game! We're both excited to see how things play out as the game develops.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 12, nancy wrote:@Mod do scum have any inside information about dreams?
Due to the potential for after-death gameplay in our design, I can't answer questions about the setup.

Idic
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 10, nancy wrote:one of the very few mafia games that I have actually really really enjoyed. Thanks @morph.
Yeah also glad you are enjoying.

We are being the change we want to see in the world.

Solid month-long development process; mechanic that isn't unfair to any specific alignment, and flavor we both felt capable of pulling off without any sort of moderation errors or getting lazy down the home stretch.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:59 pm

Post by nancy »

The flavor has been gorgeous; I really like the theme overall and I love the design just in general. Definitely looking forward to seeing how the game plays out; wasn't aware that there was the potential for post-death gameplay, wouldn't have expected it at all with a dead thread, that's exciting!
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:11 pm

Post by nancy »

The claim is actually pretty interesting now that I think about it a little more; it tells me a decent amount of information about the scumteam I think? Whoever is on the scumteam mustn't have realized that town didn't start off with any night actions which probably means that there's no one who is particularly good with mechanics on the scumteam - if I run with the idea then it basically rules out several people from being scum; mastina, Regfan, probably Nacho if he was paying attention, maybe LLD, maybe Brian and maybe Varsoon would all have figured that out I think and made sure that Shiro claimed properly, unless they didn't tell him what to claim / figured he was a lost cause without potentially having that to his name.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:16 pm

Post by nancy »

Unless town did start off with night actions naturally :P
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by nancy »

Also I'm amused that ffery is in hipster hell and I'm in lesbian heaven :P
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:30 pm

Post by nancy »

Definitely need to hydra with Prism again because this game wasn't close to enough time playing with her!

Shiro, why do you always roll scum and I never roll scum :/
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:46 pm

Post by Shiro »

Dunno, luck of the dice.

And hey I thought my answer to you was good. I mean sure it wasn't original but it was the truth and it not like I scumread you at any point int he game. I found that I had an inabbility to do so in KH anyway.
To me:
About me:
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:48 pm

Post by Shiro »

And I am also sad that I couldn't experience teh game properly :( It seems really really good but I screwed up badly at the begining with not playing at all.
To me:
About me:
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by nancy »

Maybe I just have nothing to compare it to? I guess I'm assuming things about what your towngame looks like; regardless it wasn't like a ~strong~ answer that really made me feel like it couldn't come from scum!you; in fact it kind of reminded me of how you explained your reads in KH which... :P I think I basically just had a really strong gut read on your slot's early content and I don't think that scumread was going away without some pretty extraordinary dayplay; I really disliked your treatment of Desperado slot in particular although that was random I believe and towards the end when it was you I think your AtE felt a little like scum AtE in that it had no trajectory that I could see - you weren't doing anything with your frustration except venting it about your wagon as a wagon and not anyone in particular on the wagon and I generally expect town when frustrated and throwing out AtE for that AtE to have a pulse to it where you can tell that they're trying to push something they believe in through the emotion rather than just having the emotion and expressing it and it being there about itself; there was also not a lot of depth / nuance to it in the sense that there wasn't a wide emotional range being expressed there, mostly just frustration; not sure if that makes sense / is helpful at all.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:35 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 1039, Sakura Hana wrote:Liking syry's posting btw.
Me too. Doesn't actually make me think that Syr is any more town than I did before really but I've been kind of hating Varsoon since towards the end of day 1 and I was annoyed that I didn't get to talk about it because of computer access; glad that someone is dunking on him.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”