Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:14 am

Post by Brian Skies »

What if the mods lied to us and Maria was scum all along?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:16 am

Post by Brian Skies »

The scum strategy was clearly to kill me so they can mislynch all my townreads.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:08 am

Post by morph the cat »

Moonrise 4 could have potentially landed on the most dangerous dream the scum team would face given how the night game has played out. They lucked out.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:29 am

Post by Tammy »

Are my numbers wrong? Isn't the game effectively over? They can't get a lynch without someone bussing, and all scum have to do is refuse to bus. Unless there's a role in play to save a night kill?
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:33 am

Post by fferyllt »

If they can't get a lynch today, then tomorrow should be 4-3.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:04 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Yeah, today is MYLO. So the correct play is to No Lynch and hope scum don't get access to an extra kill. Scum probably just double-shoot Sakura here.

They can also run up LLD and force scum to bus, but I don't think they're bold enough to do that.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:05 am

Post by Brian Skies »

And of course the instant I say this, Ceph proves me wrong.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:20 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 129, fferyllt wrote:If they can't get a lynch today, then tomorrow should be 4-3.
And then they would need four. I see. I've never been good with working out the numbers near the end.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:21 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 130, Brian Skies wrote:Yeah, today is MYLO. So the correct play is to No Lynch and hope scum don't get access to an extra kill. Scum probably just double-shoot Sakura here.

They can also run up LLD and force scum to bus, but I don't think they're bold enough to do that.
In post 131, Brian Skies wrote:And of course the instant I say this, Ceph proves me wrong.
Now let's just hope it holds up.

Cue the drealmerz counterwagon in...
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:26 am

Post by Brian Skies »

You'd hope that with Smith dying over Reg/LLD and both Maria/Desp flipping town, that they'd NOT blindly sheep them again.

Like, in order for LLD to be town, scum would have had to avoid targetting her public hide target TWICE in a row.

Also, Smith's reads were spot on, so rip him. Maria's were pretty close, but I think she was always going to get mislynched this game.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:28 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I'm hoping someone brings up that they can lynch today since Sakura will probably die anyway and try and go for a protective dream or something so they can get a mislynch back. No lynch feels like a waste to me.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:52 am

Post by Tammy »

I'm thinking all three scum go after drealmer and enough of the town shrug and go sure why not.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:56 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I have no qualms with Dreal being the game ending mislynch since most of the bad setup spec is his fault.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 116, Tammy wrote:
In post 24, nancy wrote:Oh nice, that doesn't surprise me at all. I don't understand why Regfan was behaving the way he was towards Imperium as scum, that's kind of dirty manipulative.
Eh he was doing what he had to do and behaving how he thought he would have as town. His reaction to nacho trolling was a small point in his favor but would have been a long discussion between nacho and me had we stayed in the game or started caring. I started scum reading regfan due to a particular response to me the night he replaced in.

(Gonna hold onto some of those things. Regfans scum game is getting better and better. I need the tells I have.)
I wish you could've seen the wall I wrote day 1 about why he was scum. The main bullet points of it though were that I thought the way he came in with really confident reads before even interacting with anyone was really suspicious and his reads weren't thorough and deep and there was very little fluidity to them and they didn't feel natural and his pushes were opportunistic and his interactions with people were kind of brittle. I wish you'd been more open with your reads because part of why I decided that I was being silly and wrong was that I thought you and Nacho were townreading him and you know him far better than I do.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I admittedly just saw Nancy call my play from Civ Mafia a turd factory and wrote her off as town.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:31 pm

Post by nancy »

Lmao <3
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 138, nancy wrote:
In post 116, Tammy wrote:
In post 24, nancy wrote:Oh nice, that doesn't surprise me at all. I don't understand why Regfan was behaving the way he was towards Imperium as scum, that's kind of dirty manipulative.
Eh he was doing what he had to do and behaving how he thought he would have as town. His reaction to nacho trolling was a small point in his favor but would have been a long discussion between nacho and me had we stayed in the game or started caring. I started scum reading regfan due to a particular response to me the night he replaced in.

(Gonna hold onto some of those things. Regfans scum game is getting better and better. I need the tells I have.)
I wish you could've seen the wall I wrote day 1 about why he was scum. The main bullet points of it though were that I thought the way he came in with really confident reads before even interacting with anyone was really suspicious and his reads weren't thorough and deep and there was very little fluidity to them and they didn't feel natural and his pushes were opportunistic and his interactions with people were kind of brittle. I wish you'd been more open with your reads because part of why I decided that I was being silly and wrong was that I thought you and Nacho were townreading him and you know him far better than I do.
Sorry! I was going to be open with my reads. I needed more observation time and interaction once I formulated my issues and felt better about them to be able to talk about them.

One thing I will point out though is that Regfan being really confident in his reads before any interaction is a common thing for him.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by nancy »

Yeah I get that, it's not really something I mean as a fault in your play, just wish that I'd known. I became more and more a closed book and my last game people couldn't even figure out my reads when I died.

With Regfan I think in the game that I've spectated of his where he was town he was confident in his reads but he was much less closed off about it, he didn't seem to care about interactions here when he replaced in, I think that's what I was picking up on.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:27 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 142, nancy wrote:Yeah I get that, it's not really something I mean as a fault in your play, just wish that I'd known. I became more and more a closed book and my last game people couldn't even figure out my reads when I died.

With Regfan I think in the game that I've spectated of his where he was town he was confident in his reads but he was much less closed off about it, he didn't seem to care about interactions here when he replaced in, I think that's what I was picking up on.
I would have been before the day ended. I thought if regfan was scum I had a decent chance of dying that night and I wouldn't have been closed off before end of day. Me being closed off about my thoughts was only going to stay that way until I saw his reaction to lld/drealmerz and desperado which I was hoping would give a better feel for his alignment. I said I was waiting on something and would talk after though.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:48 am

Post by nancy »

Yeah I can absolutely empathize with that. I think if Regfan had been scum on a team without LLD you would've definitely died and not me.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Keychain is hopping over from the unspoilered spectator thread. Welcome!
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by Keychain »

yay thanks :-)
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by nancy »

What, did you lose your car?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:33 am

Post by Tammy »

I'm almost hoping they just lynch dreamer to bring this game to a close and put everyone out of their misery.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:47 am

Post by fferyllt »

I'm not sure how I'd be reading drealz' confused resignation if I were in the game right now.

Even when I feel resignation at xylo I still give it the best heave-ho I can muster. Personality differences are a thing.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Game Topics”