Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

GroupMe Neighborhood

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:10 am

Post by FakeGod »

GroupMe Chatlog
Last edited by FakeGod on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Each member of this neighborhood may only post here once per day, and once per night.

When one of you die, this neighborhood will be locked and become public.

I will post the identities of neighbors in here at game start.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:29 am

Post by FakeGod »

This neighborhood is composed of Bulbazak, Desperado, and Spiffeh.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:07 am

Post by Bulbazak »

I'm going to expand on this, because there's no way I'm going to let this go further in the main thread, and I need to get this out in the open. There are only 2 possibilities for me with this neighborhood: You're both town, or one, and only one, of you is scum. I really want it to be the first option, and I'm really hoping it is, but you guys are really not making it easy to believe.

Spiffeh: This aggressive tactic that you've taken is not what I remember from you. Granted, my memory may be a little bit
so I'm not relying on that at all. There's very few players I still feel confident on reading based on past experiences, and you're not one of them. Regardless, I haven't exactly been thrilled with your posting so far. It felt a little too try hard, and I think that now that you've put in the effort, you're going to allow yourself to slip between the cracks. Hopefully this is not the case, and I'm just paranoid, and I'm interested in hearing what you actually bring to the neighborhood.

Desperado: I've been giving you a wide berth, because it's been a long time since I've played with you, and I wanted to give myself the time to develop an accurate read. Again, I can't remember how you used to play, and enough time has passed that your playstyle may have evolved. I'm also interested in seeing if you've retained your uncanny ability to read me, but that's neither here nor there. With Hito, what's concerned me is that your questioning ignores context and the intent of Hito's posts. As you've noticed, Hito has had an incredibly strong townread of Kagami, and as for you, you've essentially been absent with no real reads of your own. Hito had also given a list of acceptable lynches that he'd like to see pushed. So given that, when you come out of nowhere and vote one of his townreads, what do you
think
he means when he says you are "trying to pick away at a random townread"? This isn't exactly rocket science. So when you're picking a fight based on the word "random", you're either so clueless that you missed the entire freaking point of what Hito said, or that you're deliberately trying to pick a fight, just so it looks like you're doing something. If you wanted to question Hito on his Kagami read, that's fine, but picking a fight based on semantics is either dumb or scum. And I'll repost that in the main thread if I have to.

Now, again, I really want you both to be town here. So much so, in fact, that I'm giving you two a buy for d1. But please, make me believe it, because at the moment, I really think there's scum in this neighborhood.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:23 am

Post by Desperado »

i think it's fair to say one of you two is scum

my major concern with the gamestate right now is the amount of implicit trust being given that, to me, is largely unearned

im reading it to suggest that there's a lot more going on behind the scenes and i don't like it because the games i've played modded that included a lot of out of thread content typically ended up with town getting stomped. everyone thinks the little bit of information they have is the most important and unassailable, and worse, can't be revealed because it's ~top secret~

so when i say i don't really have any reads what i really mean is everyone looks to be various shades of scummy and its because everyone appears to be holding back in a way that suggests they're informed, because they are.

this is why i've spent the majority of my time picking at people...i don't typically scumhunt that way but in the absence of a solid town block to work from i'm doing what i can to get something.

elli's flip is a lot more informative than wicked's and i think he's much more likely to be scum anyway so i really want this lynch to happen
;)
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:37 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Everyone does have some level of information in this game, that's a given. Heck, you're complaining about everyone having some degree of outside information in a thread that no one else in the game knows exist. And everyone has a degree of hidden knowledge relating to how much cocaine they're holding, so it's part and parcel of this game. If you were that against anyone holding back information, you'd have revealed the existence of this neighborhood, but you're keeping that under your belt and tried to use it only to swing the lynch. I'm not sure if that's scummy or not, because there is every possibility that this is town frustration. But while town frustration can exist at the prospect of "Why are these people implicitly trusting and townreading each other?! Aaargh!", scum can be frustrated for much the same reason, because that means it's harder for them to divide the town, as they can't penetrate that degree of trust. My hope is that as town, you can discern the difference, but I'm not sure whether that's the case or not.

As for the Wicked wagon, I do think there was scum on that wagon that hard bussed. The "Oh why isn't Wicked posting yet?!" style of attack was strange and offputting, and I can see a scum member cutting their losses and going for towncred. The only one that stands out in that regard is Ellibereth, as that was mainly his only form of attack, and he didn't provide much else. I also didn't like that congratulatory post right before the flip. I was wary of Spiffeh for similar reasons, where I thought he hopped on the wagon and pushed it out of nowhere for seemingly innocuous reasons, but after looking back through his ISO, he was suspicious of the slot for other reasons prior to Wicked replacing in. Overall, that makes me feel he's more likely to be town here (even though it is unnerving that he's not using this neighborhood at all).

I was wary of Reck due to some of his early interactions with UT, and that he was conspicuously absent from the Wicked discussion. However, after an ISO dive, I found that he was V/LA at the end of the day, so that point is neither here nor there. I'm still not incredibly fond of the content he's provided, but that might not mean anything in the long run. Definitely a slot I'm going to be keeping an eye on.

I feel better about Bins in light of the flip. She seemed to have been a possible counter to the Wicked wagon and was always kept on the backburner. There's also the fact that she's been WK'd by Wicked and Grapes, another of my scumreads. In fact, that's the main reason I started scumreading Grapes and reconsidering Bins. His strong defense of her out of nowhere was unnerving. Cephrir also takes a hit in my reads after the Wicked flip, mainly due to his "we shouldn't lynch the vig claim until after the shot.". It doesn't affect the read by much, and I do think he's likely to be town here, but I can't help but think some scum would try to salvage the slot and use the vig claim as a way to protect Wicked.

Overall, I'd like more posting in here and interaction in general, because I'm still not completely locked down on you two. I'm making progress, but not fast enough. I'm not sure whether Desp says the above as scum or town, and I'm worried, because his first line essentially parroted what I said in my post, and I'm not sure whether he'd do that as scum to look town or if he's just paranoid town with the same thought in regards to this neighborhood. I'm also worried that Spiffeh has not posted in here at all in an effort to use this neighborhood to its maximum potential. I'm really not sure what to think about that in the current landscape of the game.

Currently, my reads are as follows:

Town

Hitogoroshi
Chesskid3
Kagami
Firebringer
ActionDan

Null/Town

Bins
Spiffeh
Cephrir

Null

WhemeStar
Ginngie
Desperado

Null/Scum

xRECKONERx

Scum

Grapes
Ellibereth
Xyzzy

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:13 am

Post by Desperado »

i think there's a pretty big difference between the way i utilized this neighborhood and leveraged it in the game thread vs. whatever it is hito/chess/others are doing.

i wasn't complaining so much as describing why i was having a lot of difficulty getting reads when i didn't have a strong town block to work from

if there's scum in here it's spiffeh

there is exactly one scum in {hito, chesskid, kagami} especially if those three have a neighborhood like this one

ceph can absolutely be scum, i thought his "does untrod replace out as vig?" comment sounded kind of like a miffed teammate. i always scumread ceph, tho, so i don't place a lot of confidence in the read

i'm less gung ho on grapes than you are but i definitely see it. i feel like he was pushing wicked when he wouldn't necessarily of had to, but i also think the way he talked about wicked vs. dan when he did before going with wicked right after hito and kagami looks like scum who saw the writing on the wall. i'd expect a town grapes expressing a lockscumread on dan and whining about it not having support to put more effort into the wagon, not succumb and be 3rd on wicked. i'd also expect scum grapes to not get caught with his pants down like that, but scum dont always play well so

ginn
bulb

actiondan
firebringer
bins

hito
kagami
chesskid

--------------------- <-------- line of lynchability

wheme
reck
xyzzy

grapes
cephrir

spiffeh

elli
;)
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:00 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Spiffeh, I know you're reading. If you don't show up by 10pm EST to talk, I'll out the neighborhood. I won't even think twice. Heck, I may still out its existence, because you avoiding us in here is probably something that should be publicly known.

Desp, I've been tossing things over in my head, and I think you're definitely town, even though I don't agree with a lot of your thought process. I'm having a hard time seeing you say what you have in here as scum. Trying to turn us at the last minute on Elli would have been risky as scum, and I really don't think you'd go against the grain and make a big deal about {Hito, Chess, Kagami} if your team was planning on killing one of them during the night.

I'll go over more of my overall thought process during the night in here, because it's less likely to be shouted over. I need this quiet place to organize my thoughts, because screw this being strongarmed bullcrap.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Desp, talk to me. I want to plan, but I don't want any change up in strategy to reach the scum team, and I don't want you to simply parrot me. I've given Spiffeh a lot of leeway here, but I don't think he'd be ignoring this PT as town. I'm going to reveal this neighborhood's existence tomorrow. I'll outline exactly what I'm thinking when day breaks, but I want to hear more from you first.

Also, I think Ginngie's town for that little stunt yesterday. I do think something weird is going on, though. I want to know if you're seeing the same things I am.

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:16 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Lmao I have no problem with you revealing this neighborhood

But you're delusional if you think I'm scum for "ignoring the neighborhood". (You'd actually be delusional to think I'm scum for any reason!)

I don't like neighborhoods. One where you can post only once a phase loses all of its usability anyway, so I don't really prioritize posting here ever.

I also still haven't read the Day and have no real reads that factor in yesterday's events.

The literal worst reason in existence to scum read me is for lack of engagement so please look over my recent games before you act like this is like incriminating evidence lmao
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Return to “Completed Game Topics”