Newbie 1967 | Dead/Spectator PT (GAME OVER)

Forum for old private topics
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:05 pm

Post by eth0s »

yoink
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:09 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 20, eth0s wrote:
In post 5, the worst wrote:Hahaha yeah fuz' posting was in hindsight hilarious. Eth0s townreading her for it was like :?: :?: tho (no offense eth0s ilu)
maaan I was a little under the influence when I gave my thoughts on fuz but I thought her posting was hilarious and wanted to get my free lazy "townread" out there :lol:

tbqh though I think I would have townleaned that slot if I was town. That sort of quirky, carefree attitude usually comes from newbtown more than newbscum I think. The newer they are to mafia, the more accurate that probably is (in general). Although maybe I'm just projecting my own experiences, because when I was newbscum I was nervous and scared and therefore took the game very seriously.
RIP fuz tho. She was taken too young...

She was supposed to make it to LYLO before she got mislynched :twisted:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:17 pm

Post by the worst »

Hahaha yeah I knew 100% if she got to lylo I would have stuffed that read up
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:18 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 20, eth0s wrote:tbqh though I think I would have townleaned that slot if I was town. That sort of quirky, carefree attitude usually comes from newbtown more than newbscum I think. The newer they are to mafia, the more accurate that probably is (in general). Although maybe I'm just projecting my own experiences, because when I was newbscum I was nervous and scared and therefore took the game very seriously.
I like this a lot - I pretty often throw townreads out to newbies in rvs for like mindset/tonal reasons on like basically the same grounds :P
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:40 pm

Post by the worst »

I'd tend to not include quotes where the intent was clearly to have them in a quote tag but bbcode betrayed them - just my stance on it, I think votes should be "what they want them to be"/very reflective of intent

similar wrt people gaming the system - tryna fudge a vote to look real should v much count as real imo
--
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:58 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 29, the worst wrote:I'd tend to not include quotes where the intent was clearly to have them in a quote tag but bbcode betrayed them - just my stance on it, I think votes should be "what they want them to be"/very reflective of intent

similar wrt people gaming the system - tryna fudge a vote to look real should v much count as real imo
I think I'm like 70% with you. for example this game only counts votes in vote tags so I'm totally cool with people fake voting in bold tags or plaintext w/e, I'll never count those and if players fall for it or slip because of it.. well they shoulda read the rules ;)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:03 pm

Post by eth0s »

But like "intention" is only something I will consider if the tagging is done appropriately. Otherwise it'll never count. In donalds case it seems pretty blatantly obvious he wasn't intending to vote himself. It just sucks that I have to assume such things because not only can I be wrong but other players can try to deduce alignment out of it (i.e "if (experienced player) did that would eth0s have counted the vote? yes? well maybe donald is scum and eth0s is trying to prevent his first game from getting goofed off the bat") idk it's a stretch but there are people out there that might point something like that out
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:38 am

Post by Volpe14 »

I think since he's newbie that really feels a bit lost you shouldn't worry too much about it because it's understandable and he very very probably didn't mean to wrongly quote that.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:17 am

Post by the worst »

Yeah, totally - I've seen some arguments made in really bad faith towards the game but I think it's pretty rare. And maintaining a consistent stance w moderation should hopefully decrease the possibility of angleshooting in a greater sense (e.g. if someone suggested that a selfvote wasn't counted in a newbie game because the newbie was mafia and therefore selfvoting was anti-survivalism, it would be easy for an SE to step in like "mods here always play it that way!"

It's an interesting theoretical discussion - luckily it doesn't come up much in practice. It's interesting we don't have a rule against "angleshooting" but tbh I don't think we have a big angleshooting problem these days
--
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:19 am

Post by Volpe14 »

I think the biggest angleshooting problem we had before was replacement threats and we got a rule to that nowadays.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:24 am

Post by Volpe14 »

BFD is unafraid/unreserved of posting in thread - he posts when he gets online or even when he'll eat. He feels LAMIST but I think this flow of posts comes more often than not from town. I think he needs to be especially crafty to pull this off as scum although I can't lock the read yet. But I do think he'll progressively alignment tell.

I think he's my first town lean.

[-] - town
[donald] - likely town
[sera] - nulltown
[everyone else] - null

Ark dropping that read list so early is probably the creepiest thing in-thread at the moment...?
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:27 am

Post by Volpe14 »

The fact that people are all treating directly or undirectly BFD as newbie/clueless town also might lean on him being townie because I think the partner would be slightly less forgiving to him here.

The reactions from everyone just makes more sense if we consider town!BFD than sucm!BFD I would say.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:58 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 33, the worst wrote:Yeah, totally - I've seen some arguments made in really bad faith towards the game but I think it's pretty rare. And maintaining a consistent stance w moderation should hopefully decrease the possibility of angleshooting in a greater sense (e.g. if someone suggested that a selfvote wasn't counted in a newbie game because the newbie was mafia and therefore selfvoting was anti-survivalism, it would be easy for an SE to step in like "mods here always play it that way!"

It's an interesting theoretical discussion - luckily it doesn't come up much in practice. It's interesting we don't have a rule against "angleshooting" but tbh I don't think we have a big angleshooting problem these days
would you consider my thing from our last game "ducky is conftown because how could mafia receive game-breaking info against masons" to be angleshooty?
I had a whole spiel about that in post-game and overall I think it was in bad faith and something I shouldn't have said. But I can't convince myself on that 100% and think there are pros and cons to things like that being said. Not only do I think it made me look scummier to say such a thing but since it's not a site rule or anything I think newbies getting a small dose of it can prepare them for other games. But I can think of some analogies that make that line of logic sound really bad.

It's very tricky. Mafia has some really interesting intricacies
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by eth0s »

Well maybe it's not tricky to everyone. Some people probably see it more black and white, but I can't
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

Hmm, I kind of ignore stuff like that

In Baton Pass I had read the whole game before replacing in, and when I read Shoshin's trust tell thing I...skipped the whole convo because I thought it was meaningless, and ended up putting Shoshin in the nulls to be lynched in case my scum reads didn't win the game.

I think angleshoot-y arguments if avoidable shouldn't be made but sometimes people try to angleshoot in the angleshoot-ing, like was done in Baton Pass.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:18 am

Post by the worst »

In post 37, eth0s wrote:would you consider my thing from our last game "ducky is conftown because how could mafia receive game-breaking info against masons" to be angleshooty?
Filthily - I'm really glad it didn't come up tbh.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:19 am

Post by the worst »

Well you know what I mean :p it wasn't a factor in anyone else clearin me
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:34 am

Post by the worst »

In post 134, PvtUrist wrote:Hello

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me

Is there anybody home?
Great now I love PvtUrist
In post 162, RadiantCowbells wrote:since when are you not allowed to seek romantic relationships in mafia games?
mmmm not a world I want to live in

if Rc or skitter are scum they'd be loving this gamestate
Rc doesn't feel all that urgent about salvaging gamestate so weak scumread there. skitter isn't all that towny but kinda net slightly above null by PoE

like your stance on BFD, volpe. probably tend to lean town there as well.

still hold my stance on anime person being town because if they aren't then who is :P

I'm kinda waiting for bugs to do something AI... and waiting for a few more slots to play more.
--
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:39 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 42, the worst wrote:if Rc or skitter are scum they'd be loving this gamestate
Rc doesn't feel all that urgent about salvaging gamestate so weak scumread there
I'm keeping an eye on RC as well but I also think it's a bit too early to that angle (I think you feel the same for saying "weak")

I think next person to do something town AI is either Urist/Bug if one of them are town.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:14 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In a world where RC is scum and Skitter town, Skitter did exactly what scum!RC would like to see:

Someone accusing him so that he can tunnel, savage gamestate for town and push the game further away from a gamestate where slots can produce AI content. Making it a RC vs Skitter situation that doesn't really benefit the game. If he's town it's also probably going to derail the thread that had no meaningful topic to go off and scum had the hardest time talking about something. Sera literally got a town read because she seems the most with a town spirit in a game where scum are at ease with shitposting, random gut reads or etc. It's harder to engage the game with town energy in this atmosphere.

Overall I think prolonging this gamestate a bit longer could be somewhat useful and at least avoiding calling out RC too early would be best. I think I would only push RC if I was confident and had enough to go off. Right now he can easily shrug off the fact he was letting apathy sink with some petty lies, especially because we really can't be sure that he wasn't waiting with a town mindset.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

Hmmm, I see if it's scum!RC he didn't go to the route of 1v1. I guess actually nowadays he isn't as keen on going into that route unless necessary to be fair.

I think he can easily be town but skitter calling him out made me lose a potential read on him I would have depending on how he would engage the game in his own gradually.

Hmm.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by the worst »

RC should be fairly readable in this list and that definitely makes it harder - I think it's more likely innocent than her trying to sabotage his readability via meta in this list (basically: unlikely to be something she thinks about as scum yet I don't think..?) and I think her taking the bull by the horns like that is probably kinda town indicative
--
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:27 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

I wasn't thinking it was scum indicative for her I thought more about it being a flaw in town tactic if she's town.

She's null to me right now.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:34 pm

Post by the worst »

I think her calling it out is like, abstractly town indicative. But not in a big way. It's definitely a flawed tactic - reeds slippy town more than scum trying to DeStRoY the gamestate. Also not sure scum!skitter bothers making the post
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 541, bugspray wrote:can you talk more about your ark slot reads? (@you the reader of this messagE)
I can't sorry. :<

I should catch up on this game soon. :P
--

Return to “Completed Game Topics”