ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Large Normal 229: Glitch's Notes PT

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

Welcome Glitch to your Notes PT. You may post here at any time

Access: ManateeDude, Micc, Glitch
Last edited by Glitch on Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
manatee not-a-dude (manateegal or just manatee works!!)
purgatory is in hell phase 2
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Glitch »

Thanks for the PT, Manatee. I am so excited to play in my first large. I'm going to use this thread as a holding place for my game notes which I keep pretty meticulously every game I play presuming I have time to do so. I'll also be writing out thoughts on strategy and how I'll be playing this game, reactions I don't want to publicize, and general thought blobs I hope will entertain those who are interested enough in reading my PT should this game turn out super interesting. I hope it does.

I have not yet started reading the game and it is already 12 pages in. I've played with LicketyQuickety and NorwegianboyEE before and know they are pretty longwinded so it could be that, or it could just be the nature of playing a large. This is my first large.

My strategy is to find the balance of carrying enough suspicion to not get NK'd but not enough to get day eliminated. My biggest risk is getting vigged if I play according to my strategy and do it well. I enjoy being very aggressive and I love to tunnel people even though sometimes it's a little bit much. I may play a bit more of a cautious game this time since I carry a town aligned PR. My abilities include participating in and recruiting into a neighborhood, as well as motion detector to detect motion from a player's slot. The latter use of my role I do not put much weight in, but the recruiting neighbor is excellent.

I therefore dub myself HOA President. LOL. I intend to build a town neighborhood of those who are my strongest TR's, get them all in a private thread, and form a really strong voting block without announcing it in the public thread. In essence I want to control the votes in the public thread
from
our private thread decisions. The success of this plan completely hinges on me accurately TR'ing my recruits; an unknowing scum recruit to my neighborhood will prove disastrous to my plan so I have to be careful to recruit intentionally and based off of true and genuine reads. Should my reads be accurate, by Day 3 or 4 we should be wielding some major power that will sweep the endgame.

Breadcrumbing throughout the game for all participants in the neighborhood would be wise in case of a mass claim event. I am about to start my readthrough of the game and will be taking notes as well, then launching my first post which I expect to be a wall since we have 12 pages of content already. I am excited to start!!!
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Glitch »

Playerlist
  • LicketyQuickety - LQ
  • Pickaxe Pete - Pete
  • Cat Scratch Fever - Cat Scratch
  • Littlefinger - LF
  • Fwesnid - Fwes
  • Rozyroz - Roz
  • Bell - Bell
  • Nero Cain - Nero
  • stan1ey - Stan
  • popopopopopopo - popo
  • superbowl9 - SB
  • NoPowerOverMe - Npom
  • SJReaver - SJR
  • Marshmallow Marshall - MM
  • ralph217 - ralph
  • 72offsuit - 72
  • Ganelon - Ganelon
  • NorwegianboyEE - Norway
  • Town looter - Looter
  • Glitch - Glitch
  • Lapsa - Lapsa
Above abbreviations will be exclusively used to reference players in notes for easy CTRL+F searches through page notes and recaps.

Page 1
- SJR is a self proclaimed newb
  • Mod requires use of the official voting tag; what will popo do this game? xD
  • RVS
  • Norway regrets joining large and doesn't like wagon dynamics in a large
  • SJR - first non-newbie game. SJR asks if there is more than one anti-town faction
  • SJR says Norway is a good scum player based off Bananas
  • SJR continues to expound on the fact that he is a newb
  • CSF "is ready." I'm so happy to play another game with CSF. My last game with her I had to really tear her down in bad faith to win. I'm looking forward to playing with her, and it would be cool if she were town too.
  • 21. 23. Just reminded me of my last game with Norway and I'm just so excited to play with him.
Page 2
- Bell the Scum Hunter
  • Page starts with 3 votes on Bell
  • Norway has lite TR on SJR for comment on p1 about Norway being good scum. This take is weird and doesn't make sense to me but nai.
  • Bell asks SJR why he read Bananas
  • SJR read for the shits and giggles. Seems genuine and new.
  • Lapsa votes Bell putting Bell at 4.
  • Bell is asking good questions. I like Bell and get a good feeling on p2.
  • SJR gives a good eval of Norway.
  • Looter fluffs the page
  • lmao 40
  • SJR asks Looter what his thoughts are on eliminating low activity slots given the size of the game
  • Looter would rather mis elim an active slot than inactive slot to reveal more info but prepares a way out in 43 in case he's called on it*
  • SB doesn't like eliminating active over inactive slots because inactive slots are more beneficial to scum
Page 3
- MM kicks down the door
  • MM plows in ready to play, declaring RVS over.
  • MM says Norway screams town when he's town. I agree.
  • MM TRs Pete for "generating AI discussion," quotes examples that are absolute BS. 52
  • SJR votes MM, I like this post a lot. That's the kind of post I would write, lmao. 54
  • Enter 72 with sus on Looter for something stupid. 58*
  • 72 disagrees that Norway screams town when he's town. I don't like anything 72 has had to say yet, but it's not necessarily ai.
  • Fwes confirms a 2 faction exclusive setup, doesn't like SB's most recent posts
  • CSF confronts MM on bullshit 52
  • Enter Npom voting Looter for statement that mis-elim an active slot is better than mis-elim inactive slot
  • Damnit, enter LQ TR'ing Stan and SJR. I'm hesitant to play with LQ again cause he really freaking pissed me off the last game I played with him but maybe this game will be better.
Page 4
- I love SJR
  • Pete thinks MM may be trying to pocket him
  • Pete thinks SJR is either excited town or not a newb
  • Looter speculates 2 anti-town factions of 3 and 2 players
  • Nero thinks that's stupid, decent point
  • The more I read SJR the more I think he plays just like me
  • LQ says ending RVS is not scummy
  • LQ ISO'd SJR and went from TR to null; SJR is disappointed
Page 5
- Build that MM wagon
  • Bell TLs MM
  • Bell thought 52 was sarcasm. I did too but when I read CSF take it seriously I wondered if I misinterpreted it and started taking it seriously. If it's sarcasm I can TL MM. If not I'm between null and SL on MM.
  • MM says it
    was
    real
  • Bell confronts MM for 52, asks MM why he thinks Pete is generating AI content, 108
  • MM says talking too much about game theory is anti-town. I don't like this statement.
  • TR on Bell for his gentle push of MM
  • Norway wants to lower the player pool ASAP even at the expense of town even though that's not ideal, because it's a pain in the ass to get 11 people to vote. 119*
  • CSF continues to push MM wagon
  • Norway SRs Bell
  • SJR TRs Bell
  • Interesting: 108, Bell confronts MM. MM continues to post all page and completely ignores Bell's question. What's going on?*
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Glitch »

Page 6
- MM Wagon booms. Can we please PL Lapsa?
  • Norway implies lolhammering is not always scum indicative
  • CSF continues to campaign for the MM wagon
  • Norway clarifies the reason he SRs Bell is because of Bell's push against SJR for SJR reading Bananas
  • Npom dodges fine question from Bell, throws shade on Bell, but it's stupid. I don't like this post. 136*?
  • Lapsa contributes absolutely nothing and votes MM. This is some bullshit, let's PL this please.
  • Looter votes MM and SR's Fwes, would rather vote there but doesn't
  • Holy shit, SB votes MM and WTF is this wagon. MM is my top SR at this point but where did all these votes come from, WTF!
  • Norway asks why we're wagoning MM?
  • Looter says he SR's MM for MM falling for Looter's "trap" when he threw a tiny bit of shade at SB. Wtf is this*
  • Norway is uncomfortable with the MM wagon and doesn't SR him, says it's too easy of a wagon.
  • Stan says the MM wagon sucks
  • SB says Stan and Norway aren't helping for shit
Page 7
- SB & Norway
  • SB and Norway go back-and-forth in a calm discussion about how creating content requires a bit of "push" or commitment. I agree with SB's statements
  • I don't like the feeling of Stan, but it's just on a personal level.
  • Norway rebuts SB pretty well actually.
  • We still are going to PL Lapsa, okay?
  • Nero likes lynching LQ on Day 1. Is he being serious, or is he just talking to Lapsa which is the equivalent of talking to a frying pan?
  • Stan frames SB and Norway as "forced" but won't commit to saying SvS
  • Stan votes SB for saying reasons don't have to be given with votes
  • SB explains. It seems that SB's explanation is that he doesn't want to fully explain every one of his votes in depth because it takes away from the pressure they create. The reason is because some of his votes aren't super strong cases and therefore he can't explain a strong case. But he still wants to pressure. If he clarifies in public that his vote isn't actually that solid then suddenly the person he's voting for isn't actually that concerned. I fully understand and agree with this sentiment from SB but I also understand why people have a problem with it. I think SB just hasn't fully communicated it in a way that gets across to everyone else.
Page 8
- Let's build a Stan wagon, shall we?
  • Stan defends that he called the SB vs Norway back-and-forth out as forced "to see if anyone agreed with him." This is scummy to me. Why won't you commit? Why are you waiting for others to respond before you make a determination in your read? This is my strongest case for a vote yet.*
  • I really like SB and think he's a great player, the only thing I don't like so far is that he's said he thinks it's good to keep some information to yourself
  • We're still PL'ing Lapsa btw
  • Stan continues to defend that he never claimed SB vs Norway was SvS
  • Norway pushes Stan for saying forced but not meaning SvS, a great point.
  • Nero says let's lynch Stan. k
  • SB votes Stan. Norway votes Stan.
  • Nero continues to push Stan, Stan defends but doesn't have much to say.
Page 9
- 72 is wasted
  • Stan says Norway vs SB was arguing over pointless stuff and read like they were arguing for the sake of arguing
  • Some major fluff on this page and then...
  • WTF is happening, 72 comes in and votes 4 different times with some bullshit sheeping Norway and Stan. What is happening. 72 votes MM, Bell, MM, then SB.
Page 10
- Town mulling around
  • 72 is rude and says the less clutter in a thread the better.
  • SJR strong TRs Nero
  • 72 says he is NOT drunk
  • CSF still wagoning MM
  • Bell VLA till Monday
  • CSF would be cool with a SB wagon
  • CSF doesn't get weird vibes from Stan's comment about a forced argument but not SvS
  • Npom TLs Stan for being active when in past scum games he was non-communicative, SLs Looter
  • Nero votes Norway out of the blue, no explanation
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Glitch »

This has gone from 12 pages to 15 pages just since I started reading the game. Imma need all of you to calm tf down. lmao

Page 11
- Norway and Npom vs Nero
  • Norway asked Nero why he voted for him, then Nero asked Norway why he was freaking out.
  • Npom says Norway asking why isn't "freaking out"
  • Norway says scum Nero is apathetic
  • Npom doesn't like the stan wagon, clearly implies a TR on stan
  • Nero in 256 defends saying Norway IS overreacting bc he "responded in two minutes." This is bullshit. I know how Norway plays and this is normal for him. He responds fast, talks a lot, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to know why someone votes for you. SL developing on Nero.
  • Npom sees right through Nero
  • Nero is not looking towny at all on this page*
Page 12
- The Norway Character Arc
  • Nero, under pressure to explain his vote on Norway, literally quotes Norway's P1 post and his "screaming I'm town" post that were both humorous and very blatantly so. This is either caught scum arguing in bad faith or Nero playing poorly as town. 278, great case against Nero here.*
  • Despite it all, Norway is convinced Nero is town. Why???
  • Norway naked votes Bell and wants to re-eval Stan. But earlier Norway was complaining that Nero naked voted him. Is this hypocrisy?*
  • Norway is just being rude to Nero now. I agree with everything Norway has argued and I SR Nero for pages 11 and 12 but he is just trolling Nero now and it's too much.
  • Npom VOTES NORWAY for his Bell vote supposedly. What an interesting turn of events.*
  • Norway doesn't want to play town this game and regrets joining a large. Wow, that's disappointing.
  • Npom has somewhat turned on Norway and joined Nero in attacking Norway's bad attitude. I like this direction.
Page 13
- Norway Interrogation Continues
  • Npom SRs Norway
  • SB hates Nero's push against Norway for Norway's response to Nero's naked vote on Norway
  • Norway defends himself decently, but I'm interested to see why he's being so defensive of himself right after he said he's not that interested in the game. This could be some scum shit right here. I may vote this.*
Page 14
- Spotlight remains on Norway
  • Omg y'all have created 4 more pages since I started reading, Imma need y'all to calm tf down
  • Norway just wants pressure off of him. I don't like the way he's playing here. He is a good player and can do better than this.
  • Npom strong SRs Norway.
  • SB throws some shade at Nero for casting a naked vote on Norway when earlier in the game Nero didn't like what SB had to say about withholding some information about your reasoning for casting a vote. Good observation, I continute to TR SB.
  • SB says "Idc if I die" is NAI. Npom says it is definitely scum indicative.
Page 15
- The spotlight dissipates.
  • CSF TRs Nero and Norway, TLs Npom
  • CSF pushes SB, SB holds his own
  • Norway sheeps SB, votes Stan.
  • Npom is a good player and great at evaluating Norway. I like him.
  • SJR TRs Nero and Norway, SLs Npom.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Glitch »

Reads Town to Scum

NPOM
SJR
SJR
Nero
CSF

LQ
Pete
Fwes
Stan
Looter

MM
Norway
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Glitch »

Bell is in the bottom of the town bracket right under CSF.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Glitch »

Reread makes me SR a bunch of my TRs. lmao
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Glitch »

Page 16
- Let's play!
  • Npom points out that Norway is trying to deflect attention off himself
  • Still liking SB, I genuinely don't get why people are SR'ing him
  • Looter doesn't like that Norway voted for someone right after they announced VLA. "Not very productive"
  • Npom says Norway wagon isn't as good now that Looter is on the wagon
  • Enter Glitch with introductory wall, SR'ing MM, pressing Looter lightly, casing Nero, votes Nero.
  • Fwesnid is so null it hurts
  • Nero OMGUS pushes back against Glitch while claiming he's not OMGUSing
  • Bell TRs Nero and wants him to join his town block, Nero nonchalantly declines.
  • Bell is null on Stan
  • Bell thinks Norway feels burdened by a scum role
  • Glitch responds to Nero saying the MM wagon is too weak to bother with and his vote is more useful on Nero
Page 17
- Nero is spiraling, MM is fluffing
  • MM is back and explains why he read Pete as town for his stupid balloon comment. This explanation is poor at best and makes no sense. 400*
  • Nero misreps Glitch's criticism of Nero's vote against Norway into a "Chainsaw Defending" of Norway. This is bullshit, tear this one up. 403*
  • MM steps in to defend himself, doesn't say much but the tone makes me lean less scummy and more null.
  • MM throws shade on SB for looking like a noob
  • Nero continues to misrep Glitch, this is so bad.
  • Norway confirms that Glitch's eval of Nero has found faulty logic, but explains that it's just that and it's not AI.
  • MM fluffs it up, I'm starting to get dumbtown vibes instead of scum vibes
Page 18
- Looter towns it up
  • MM likes Glitch's take on Nero
  • Looter completely recants of his nonsense case against SB
  • Looter TRs Fwes now for his IIoA 384 post
  • Looter seems towny but doesn't make good points here
  • Looter's 438 is a really great and genuine try but it just so off. He's SR'ing SB and therefore SR'ing me because of my TR on SB. His case if full of tiny details that "add up." Looter votes SB. Looter is town.
  • 72 comes in so null all over again
  • Nero votes Glitch
  • Please mods someone fix the formatting in 446, save this thread! lmao
Page 19
- Fluff
  • SB says MM is IIoA and OMGUS
  • SJR doesn't like Npom's vote on Norway, SJR votes Npom. Great post, but I don't agree.
  • SJR strong TRs Bell and Nero
  • Nero continues announcing his SR of Glitch
  • Norway SLs Glitch
Page 20
- Nero vs Norway
  • Nero and Norway have a bitchslapping contest
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Glitch »

Page 21
- I just really like CSF
  • CSF genuinely creating good content with her questions, SLs Glitch a little
  • Stan makes a decent point that all scum arguments are forced because they're fake
  • Stan thinks Norway and SB may be scum together
Page 22
  • Npom says he doesn't mind any wagon that isn't his
  • Npom has some weird reads man. TR SB, stan, Bell, and Nero. SRs Norway and CSF
  • I'm losing note steam
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Glitch »

I swear if they eliminate me for having an original case against Nero that is genuine imma be so pissed.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Glitch »

I'm getting really emotionally charged with Nero. I need to calm down a bit but I'm just so frustrated. Am I actually playing bad and that's why I'm getting SR'd so much? Or is he actually scum pushing to mislynch me because it'll be easy to say, "Well he was a noob and it was easy to read that as scum, oh well."

I'm so frustrated.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Glitch »

Thank god the game froze. I can't keep up to save my life and my frantic effort to hastily read and stay caught up prevents me from developing literally anything but town reads. I'm TRing EVERYONE and it sucks, AND makes me look like scum!!!!!
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:13 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 3284, Almost50 wrote:
In post 3232, Hiraki wrote:im surprised mafia isn't taking advantage of this more than anything

Unvote, Vote: NPOM
VOTE: NPOM
Damnit A50 making me look like a sheep.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Glitch »

This game has been so interesting. I really hope I'm right about my TR on Flake. If I'm wrong I'm really screwed. He gave me a few reasons to question my read in D2 so far but I think we are okay after he has been so defensive of me. Of course that could be him playing me but I can't be sure either way.

Flake wants me to recruit Norway tonight which is CRAZY, I have such a hard SR on Norway but if I'm wrong on my SR and Norway is town it would be THE best recruit possible. Part of me wants to do it just to get Norway off my case but there's another part that wonders if IKSF is scum trying to get me to recruit scum Norway.

I think I'll just recruit Bell. My TR there is strong and he would be an asset.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Glitch »

The new pace of the game is great. There's not 10 new pages of content every time I check in. I am enjoying this a lot now.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 2751, Titus wrote:VOTE: Glitch

@Siteflaking, Because you did nothing and coasted, jumping from wagon to wagon oppotunistically.
Posting for reference.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Glitch »

The plan to figure out MM's town status is cool and all except that Flake has a NK he plans to use tonight too that may throw yet another variable in there. This game is so interesting. I love the setup.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Glitch »

I recruited NORWAY. O___________________O

If I'm wrong on this and Flake and Norway are scum together then I've wasted my role lol. I actually think it's a possibility. D2 has given me some weird vibes from Flake. We'll see. I haven't told anyone about the Motion Detector part and I probably won't even during mass claim. I HATE mass claim and really want to avoid it but I know it is probably best for everyone else, it just is going to negate my neighborhood. But if there's scum in my neighborhood it doesn't matter anyways.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:50 am

Post by Micc »

Glitch, I've made you a moderator of this thread. You may now edit posts and/or release the thread if you wish. Shoot me a PM if you have questions. I'll be removing this thread from my bookmarks and no longer following along.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Glitch »

I honestly forgot I had this thread. I was not able to keep up on d1 and that killed my notes drive. Oh well. Thanks for modding micc.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:57 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Very very interesting