Role PMs

Mafia:
Spoiler: Mark Holcomb
Mafia PR
Mark Holcomb

Flavor:

You are
Mark Holcomb
. You are one of the three guitarists for Periphery, and a part of this game's informed minority.
One of the only people to rock a 7-string PRS and I'm pretty sure the only to ever have an 8-string as well.
You have bridged the gap between melody and distortion with ease throughout your years in Periphery and your side project, Haunted Shores.

Periphery is undoubtedly my favorite band. I've listened to them since high school and have never stopped. They are the only musical outfit that have made me shed a tear due to sheer sonic beauty.
Many of the songs that Mark primarily wrote are at the top of my Periphery listening rotation. Each of them stand out in a special way, blending the heavy and melodic elements of the band with expertise.
Mark has a very unique approach to playing guitar, you'll notice this if you watch the play through provided below. He likes to create full chords, then pick riffs out of the notes within them.
Mark and the rest of Periphery have given me endless hours of listening bliss over the years, I hope they can bring some to you as well.

Role:

You are a
Big Brain Lawyer

Each night, you may choose a player to protect from investigation. That player will return a Town result to any inspecting individuals that night.
Now the Big Brain part means that you are a bit informed. You know that the other two guitarists for Periphery exist as flavor in this game. All you know is that they are not your alignment.
They also know of your existence. Do with this knowledge what you will.
You have three Mafia partners () and can talk to them any time in your Rehearsal Space.
As a Mafia member, you and your partners have a factional night kill available to you each night. You may not perform this kill and your power on the same night.
Your loyalty to your team is impenetrable.

Wincon:

You win when all of the town players have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening.

Showcase:

Below is Mark's playthrough of Periphery's song "The Way The News Goes" from their album
Periphery III: Select Difficulty
released in 2016.
This song has one of my favorite moments in their whole discography. A black-metal-esque blast beat bit, with clean vocals on top. Something I had never seen before.
Now that isn't only related to guitar but it's still fucking awesome. Watching this playthrough will give you a great look at Mark's play style.

Spoiler: Cameron Richardson
Mafia PR
Cameron Richardson

Flavor:

You are
Cameron Richardson
. You are the guitarist and main songwriter for Transfiguration, and a part of this game's informed minority.
Being an extremely well trained violinist, you bring a classical music outlook to progressive death metal.
You have been able to create extremely intricate and technical new ways to play this kind of music.

This one is a mixture of selfishness and nepotism. I am also in Transfiguration with Cameron, and he's been my best friend for many years.
He has pushed me to be a better musician throughout the time we've been making music together.
No question here, Cameron is my favorite guitarist in this game and in life.

Role:

You are a
Roleblocker

Each night, you may choose a player to roleblock. They will not be able to perform any actions that night.
You have three Mafia partners () and can talk to them any time in your Rehearsal Space.
As a Mafia member, you and your partners have a factional night kill available to you each night. You may not perform this kill and your power on the same night.

Wincon:

You win when all of the town players have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening.

Showcase:

This is Cameron playing through the song "Complications" off of Transfiguration's album
Planetary Ghost
which we released back in July.
Our "thing" is a quite bit right before going back into a big heavy part. We figured out that we had something like this in every song.
This song has one of my favorites. The little flourishes between the breakdown riffs I've always thought are super cool.
Those big ole chords coupled with the solo at the end make my knees weak.

Spoiler: John Browne
Mafia PR
John Browne

Flavor:

You are
John Browne
. You are the guitarist and main songwriter for Monuments, and a part of this game's informed minority.
You have mastered the art of right hand. No one can chug and djent with your precision.
You're relentless playing and writing ability has taken you to the top of the progressive metal mountain.

I've been listening to Monuments since high school. They've had a huge influence on me, especially in the rhythm department.
While I might have dropped off a bit as a fan with their most recent release, their first two albums (
Gnosis
and
The Amanuensis
) are some of my favorites from any band.
John is also an extremely intelligent audio engineer, and I have learned a lot from him in that realm. He uses audio tools like no one else I've seen.

Role:

You are a
Developer

You will receive a new role/modifier on the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, and 10th night of this game.
These roles will only become aware to you as you get them, and they will stack.
As a Mafia member, you and your partners have a factional night kill available to you each night. You may not perform this kill and any of your powers on the same night.

Wincon:

Showcase:

This is John playing through "I, The Creator" from Monuments' album
The Amanuensis
from 2014.
If you focus on the right hand, you'll notice that most of his riffs are down picked. This gives it more attack and power but is more difficult at high speeds.
His guitar work is really next level. It is so clear and consistent, unlike that of any other player.

Spoiler: Josh Elmore
Mafia PR
Josh Elmore

Flavor:

You are
Josh Elmore
. You are the guitarist and main songwriter for Cattle Decapitation, and a part of this game's informed minority.
For over two decades you have been shredding the faces off of fans and unsuspecting passerby the like.
You have crafted a magical blend of progressive technicality with grindcore and death metal practicality.

The purely evil sound you get from Cattle Decap's catalogue is not only due to Travis' wailing. Josh has carved out a dark menage of brutality in the vegan death metal world.
While I am a much more recent fan of these guys, I latched on quickly with the release of
The Anthropocene Extinction
back in 2015.
What first pulled me in was the insane vocals, but once I got to meet the rest of the instruments my adoration developed.

Role:

You are a
Goon

As a Mafia member, you and your partners have a factional night kill available to you each night.
You may not perform this kill and a power on the same night.

Wincon:

Showcase:

This is Josh playing through "Circo Inhumanitas" from Cattle Decapitation's album
The Anthropocene Extinction
from 2015.
You might notice first his kinda wacky guitar. It's made of metal and pretty rusty lookin from years of touring.
This has become apart of his signature look and sound. It gives you that raw grindcore junk look, while delivering a uniquely buttery/raw guitar tone.
He creates some of the most creepy chord progressions in the game, and is always a pleasure to listen to. It is the perfect background for the real star of the band, Travis.

3P:
Spoiler: Dean Lamb
Cult Leader
Dean Lamb

Flavor:

You are
Dean Lamb
. You are the guitarist and main songwriter for Archspire, and apart of this game's third party.
Tech death wasn't ready for you, but they got there. You have paved the way for anybody trying to make this kind of music.
Your blindingly fast riffage and complex writing have captured the eyes of many.

I was late to the Archspire train, even when I first heard their crazy vocalist back in my early days of college.
With the release of Relentless Mutation I finally starting getting it. I was blown away by their ability to rip my face away and groove out all at once.
They are at the same time both the tamest and craziest tech death band in the world.

Role:

You are a
Band Leader

Each night you may recruit a new player to your band, which you choose the name of.
You are only ever allowed three total members in the band, I mean who needs to have more than 3 guitarists. That's already stretching it.
But! You can alway get more members if you lose some.
While your band is full, you have a factional night kill.
If you are killed, the band continues, and you may continue to fill your band from the grave, but they will be on their own.

Wincon:

You and your band win if you are alive at end game, or you take up 50% of the player list, whichever comes first.
You don't have any power aside from your recruitment, so to ensure success, try not get any VTs.

Showcase:

This is Dean playing through "Involuntary Doppelgänger" from Archspire's album
Relentless Mutation
from 2017.
The intro riff to this song is insane and iconic, just a straight blast to your face.
This song is so technically expansive yet still catchy and melodic. The blend every tech death band needs.
Everything is well thought out and makes sense with the rest of the song. The solo, while short and to the point, fits so well

Spoiler: Jake Bowen
Jester
Jake Bowen

Flavor:

You are
Jake Bowen
. You are one of the three guitarists for Periphery, and apart of this game's third party.
You are fucking solid, delivering beefy riffs upon beefy rips. AKA the Bowen specialty.
With John Petrucci as your uncle, guitar runs through your veins. Chug away brother.

Periphery is undoubtedly my favorite band. I've listened to them since high school and have never stopped. They are the only musical outfit that have made me shed a tear due to sheer sonic beauty.
I don't mean this in a bad way whatsoever: Jake is the normie of the band. He rounds out his fellow guitarists, giving them a strong base to stand on. The simple but extremely effective riffage is necessary to the Periphery sound.
He also has a big part in the electronic side of their band. The times they utilize this really shine. With it all coming to full realization in
Hail Stan's
electronic based "Crush"

Role:

You are a
Big Brain Jester

Now the Big Brain part means that you are a bit informed. You know that the other two guitarists for Periphery exist as flavor in this game. All you know is that they are not your alignment.

Wincon:

You win if you are shredded during any day.

Showcase:

This is Jake playing through "Flatline" from Periphery's album
Periphery III: Select Difficulty
from 2016.
Flatline is a basic beauty. One of the more straightforward songs off of this album, it holds a real special place for me. The ending is incredible in its composition.
This ethereal chord progression builds and builds with intense vocalization soaring over top. Then rides it out with some low thomps.

Town:
Spoiler: Tosin Abasi
Town PR
Tosin Abasi

Flavor:

You are
Tosin Abasi
. You are the guitarist and main songwriter for Animals as Leaders, and a part of this games uninformed majority.
You are basically the greatest guitarist in the world right now.
You have broken boundaries that we didn't even know guitarists had.

It's not really an exaggeration when I call Tosin the greatest guitarist in the world. He is incredibly inventive and plays like no one else.
He has pretty much created his own technique of playing guitar called thumping. Similar to slapping a bass, he uses every finger in his right hand. It's insane to see.
He has been at the forefront of technical music for a long time. A unique genius in the world of guitar, Tosin even has his own guitar company that makes beautiful instruments.
I have been a fan of Animals as Leaders since high school. Their blend of groove and intense technicality is unmatched in any genre.
Surprisingly enough, some of the best pits I've ever been in were at their shows. I did not expect this at first, but I had so much fun the first time that I barely even saw what happened on stage.

Role:

You are a
Guitar God

Below is a list of various one-shot abilities, each of which will affect the entire game.
You will only receive their names, not what they do. You are compulsive, and must use one each night.
Choose wisely:
1. Distortion
2. Noise Gate
3. Reverb
4. Delay
5. Phaser
6. Killswitch
7. Compressor
8. Tuner

Wincon:

You win when all opposition to the town is eliminated.

Showcase:

This is Tosin playing through "The Woven Web" from Animals as Leaders' album
The Joy of Motion
from 2014.
This song has one of the coolest breakdowns in music history. Utilizing that thumping technique I mentioned earlier, Tosin made fans weak at the knees due to the groove.
This, perfectly complimented by their drummer's (Matt Gartska, this won't be the last you see of him) crazy kick drum prowess, left us with something truly memorable.

Spoiler: Jason Richardson
Town PR
Jason Richardson

Flavor:

You are
Jason Richardson
. You are a part of this game's uninformed minority.
Having played with All Shall Perish, Born of Osiris, Chelsea Grin and now All That Remains, your discography is vast.
You're skill really came to fruition with your solo album
I

You are one of the best guitarists in the world. You have a history of joining bands and stealing the spotlight.
So much so that they kick you out since they can't keep up. Sometimes it's hard being that damn good.

I was a more casual fan of Jason in the beginning, not knowing who he was really, just loving the bands he was in.
Once I knew of his greatness, I was incredibly stoked to hear he was teaming up with an amazing drummer, Luke Holland, for his solo record.
These two came together and crafted an atmospheric love letter to guitar and drums. Jason said he wrote it like a movie soundtrack.

Role:

You are a
Fisherman

Every night you may go fishing!
When you go fishing, you will choose one of the items below to go for.
Each item has a certain success rate to catch. Good luck!
Pickup options:
(5%) Fishman: 1 Vigilante Shot
(10%) Bareknuckle: 1 Doctor Shot
(10%) Seymour Duncan: 1 Cop Shot
(25%) DiMarzio: 1 Watcher Shot
(50%) EMG: 1 Tracker Shot
You may not use one of these shots and go fishing at the same time.

Wincon:

Showcase:

This is Jason playing through "Hos Down" from his solo album
I
from 2014.
This is a longform guitar epic. Blending metal with other genres to create a masterpiece. This was by far my favorite song from this album.
I really think this shows that metal doesn't need to be this ridiculously serious thing where if you aren't hailing satan you're not doing it right.
From riffs and chugs to noodles and grooves, this song has it all. Including a sick solo from Rick Graham.

Spoiler: Lucas Mann
Town PR
Lucas Mann

Flavor:

You are
Lucas Mann
. You are the guitarist and main songwriter of Rings of Saturn, and a part of this games uninformed minority.
You are one of the most controversial musicians in the metal scene.
Many have come to try and take you down from your UFO throne, but they all failed.
You have perfected the alien tech death sound, and no one can create what you do.

Rings of Saturn started out almost as a meme band for me. My friends and I would just go "check this shit out, its hilarious, alien metal!" but never really go much further than that.
Once
Lugal Ki En
came out we all started really noticing that they were something special. They truly have carved out this niche area of metal that others have tried to do, but none have succeeded like them.
Their goal of making an alien metal band comes across not only in lyrical themes, but in the guitar playing itself. Lucas has made his music sound like it's from outer space like no other.

Role:

You are a
Loud Alien

Each night you may abduct another player into your UFO.
This will stop any night actions performed on them or by them.
You can't help but leave them with a little something, so when you abduct a player, they will be receive a Probe PM.

Wincon:

Showcase:

This is Lucas playing through "Godless Times" from Rings of Saturn's album
Lugal Ki En
from 2014.
After the allegations of fake guitar playing hit their first peak, Lucas made this playthrough with Miles as a "fuck you" to all the haters, hence the clocks to show there was no editing.
I really respect him for dealing with all this shit over the years. Every time they have a release some jackass comes out and says that he can't actually play what he writes.
But every time he proves them wrong, and cements himself as a pivotal guitarist in the world of metal.

Spoiler: Charles Caswell
Town PR
Charles Caswell

Flavor:

You are
Charles Caswell
. You are the guitarist and main songwriter of Berried Alive, and a part of this game's uninformed majority.
You are one of the most unique riff writers in the game. No one makes songs like you.
After leaving Reflections to whimper and die without your songwriting, you carved out your own special place in metal with Berried Alive.

I loved Charles when he was in Reflections. A long time favorite of mine, they wrote breakdown rhythms like I had never heard before.
Yeah it might have been some of the most angsty lyricism in the genre, but the instrumentals were absolutely next level.
While I don't love all of what his current project does, he still remains a significant guitarist in my life.
The two Reflections albums combined with what I do love about Berried Alive keep me a fan.

Role:

You are a
Berry Peddler

You must peddle your berries to the rest of the game.
Each night you will choose a player to send a Berry PM to.
This has no additional power, just a bit of Drive By Fruiting.

Wincon:

Showcase:

This is Charles playing through "Armed Stroberry" from Berried Alive's album
Bearries Alive
from 2018.
While I really prefer his work in Reflections, I felt obligated to showcase a Berried Alive song since that's where his heart lays now.
This song shows his range from out of this world breakdowns to intricate rhythms that hurt your right hand.
Also how cute is is to see a couple play music together?

Spoiler: JB Brubaker
Town PR
JB Brubaker

Flavor:

You are
JB Brubaker
. You are the guitarist and main songwriter of August Burns Red and a part of this game's uninformed majority.
You are the flip-flop wearing, Jesus-loving farm boy from Pennsylvania.
You have been solidly pumping out metalcore records for nearly two decades.
Your Ibanez+Peavey tone combo has been revered by metalcore guitarists worldwide.

August Burns Red have been a favorite of mine since damn near middle school.
If you were to look at albums I've listened to the most over the years,
Messengers
and
Rescue & Restore
would definitely be high on the list.
They have been one of the most consistent mainstays in the metal scene since the late 2000s. While many people hate on metalcore as a genre, not many hate on ABR.
They have been able to please even the most snobby metal elitists with their repressed Christian angst.

Role:

You are a
Faith Healer

Each night you may choose a player to protect from any night kills.
Now, since your power is based on nothing but faith, you only have a 50% success rate.
You will not be told if you were successful or not, that's faith baby.

Wincon:

Showcase:

This is JB playing through "Composure" from August Burns Red's album
Messengers
from 2007.
This song and I go way back. You might hear this and think it's just typical metalcore from that era, and you'd be mostly right.
But this song has meant a hell of a lot to me and many other core kids from the time. I can't really put it into words, but this song (and the album) hold a special place in my heart.

Spoiler: Joshua Travis
Town PR
Joshua Travis

Flavor:

You are
Joshua Travis
. You are currently the guitarist for Emmure and a part of this game's uninformed majority.
More importantly, you were the creative force behind The Tony Danza Tap-Dance Extravaganza and Glass Cloud.
You are a rhythmic genius that would make Meshuggah proud.
9-Strings are your weapon of choice, you aren't afraid to go low.

Some of the meanest riffs ever written come from Joshua in Glass Cloud and TDTE. While I enjoy TDTE, I listen to Glass Cloud more, but that's mainly a production thing.
The songs he's written are crazy in the groove department. TDTE is an insane band, they create stuff that can be hard for even me to listen to, but that doesn't distract from their talent.
Joshua refined his sound with Glass Cloud to create something super special. Something that got both metalcore and prog betas happy.
Role:

You are a
Inventor

You have five special 1-shot powers. Each night you may give one of these powers to another player.
You cannot give them to yourself. You've only got the five powers to give so distribute them wisely.
Powers:
1. 1-Shot Bulletproof
2. 1-Shot Cop Ability
3. 1-Shot Instakill (Unblockable kill that can happen at any time)
4. 1-Shot Roleblock
5. 1-Shot Sensor (Learn how many Mafia were on a successful wagon)

Wincon:

Showcase:

This is Joshua playing through "Dug a Grave" from Glass Cloud's EP
Perfect War Forever
from 2013.
This song could easily be found in a Meshuggah setlist. The rhythms are insane, and perfectly performed by one of the most charismatic performers I have ever seen.
Joshua has redefined groove and dissonance to his own meaning the terms. Just, TRY not to bop your head to this one.

Spoiler: Misha Mansoor
Town PR
Misha Mansoor

Flavor:

You are
Misha Mansoor
. You are one of the three guitarists for Periphery, and a part of this game's uninformed majority.
You started this legendary band on a simple Meshuggah online forum.
You musical expertise transcends guitar playing, through the process solidifying an entire genre.

Misha started posting riffs and ideas on online forums before finding the other musicians that would make up Periphery. While there were a few different people involved in the beginning, he eventually found his Justice League.
Their first album redefined groove and created a whole new genre of metal called djent. While the original djent band was Meshuggah, Periphery was the band that perfected it and brought it to the forefront of metal.
Not only have I listened to Periphery nonstop for years and years, I have listened to what they have impacted as well. They have influenced an entire generation of prog musicians.

Role:

You are a
Big Brain Mirror

Any action performed on you during the night will be redirected at its source.
Now, the Big Brain part means that you are a bit informed. You know that the other two guitarists for Periphery exist as flavor in this game. All you know is that they are not your alignment.

Wincon:

Showcase:

This is Misha playing through "Blood Eagle" from Periphery's album
Periphery IV: Hail Stan
from 2019.
This was the first single of their most recent album. After waiting three years I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when they dropped this and announced the new album.
This song pushed their sound in a new direction while keeping the Periphery spirit alive. It's an odd one for sure, but one of the strongest in their catalogue.

VTs:
Spoiler: Marc Okubo
Town VS
Marc Okubo

Flavor:

You are
Marc Okubo
. You are the guitarist and main songwriter for Veil of Maya, and a part of this game's uninformed majority.
You and you alien fingers took deathcore by storm with Veil of Maya.
You have since evolved the band into a proggy, djenty, metal machine.

Since before they ever had clean singing, I've been a fan of Veil of Maya. They had some of the most intricately brutal breakdowns back in the day.
Technicality was something deathcore fans were not used to, but Marc showed us the way and led us into a new frontier. You don't get many breaks when listening to VoM, it's a nonstop assault on your body.
The rhythms Marc comes up with are unmatched by his peers. Even a longtime fan such as myself gets lost in the grooves, thinking one things going to happen when another does.

Role:

You are a
Vanilla Shredder

You have your voice and your vote.

Wincon:

Showcase:

This is Marc playing through "Entry Level Exit Wounds" from Veil of Maya's album
The Common Man's Collapse
from 2010.
This comes off their breakthrough debut album. This album brightened up the the deathcore scene, showing us a new way to approach the music in an otherwise pretty stale genre at the time.
The grooves and breakdowns are relentless, garnished with all the dissonance you can handle. There are parts in this playthrough where his fingers remind me of a face hugger form Alien.

Spoiler: Joe Cocchi
Town VS
Joe Cocchi

Flavor:

You are
Joe Cocchi
. You are the guitarist and main songwriter for Within The Ruins, and a part of this game's uninformed majority.
You love all the odd sounds you can create with a guitar and not being restricted to just chugs and breakdowns.
You brought more melody to deathcore than anyone ever thought they needed, but holy shit did they need it.

Within The Ruins goes way back with me, since high school. I think of Joe as sort of the Michael Winslow of guitar, creating really cool beeps, sweep and creeps throughout his songs.
I've been to many a WTR show, and have always had a blast. I had so much fun once that I lost my wallet in the pit, alongside the $80 I had in there. My fault obv, shouldn't have been that careless with my caysh.
I remember the last time I saw them while the other guys performed one of their instrumental songs, the vocalist at the time, Tim, went and ralphed in the bathroom then came back and finished the set like it was nothing.

Role:

You are a
Vanilla Shredder

Wincon:

Showcase:

This is Joe playing through "Calling Card" from Within The Ruins' album
Phenomena
from 2014.
I've always gotten a sort of orchestral music vibe from Joe's writing. He even references certain classical pieces every once in a while. While not orchestral he even ripped the melody from the Inspector Gadget theme for a song.
He's always written pretty inventive breakdowns, unwilling to just let it be chugs and low notes. He adds so much to the deathcore genre, and I am very much looking forward to their upcoming album. It's been like 4 years and a vocalist since the last one.

Spoiler: Dave Mustaine
Town VS
Dave Mustaine

Flavor:

You are
Dave Mustaine
. You are the guitarist and main songwriter for Megadeth, and a part of this game's uninformed majority.
You have influenced an uncountable number of musicians across the years, and made an equal amount pissed off!
Your thrash prowess has trailblazed the metal industry for years, despite the vocals on "Sweating Bullets", but we don't talk about that.

I have only been able to see Megadeth once, and the damn set was cut short to a couple because Dave was sick. Then I was going to finally live out a concert bucket list of mine this summer by seeing them in full, then damn Covid hit.
I guess the world doesn't want me seeing the band that had a huge part in what metal is today. We would not be where we are right now without Dave's insane riff writing talent. MY best friend and I have a long running feud where I'm a Megadeth head and he's a Metallica head.
It's my favorite feud, and it's fueled by my love for the superior band. Megadeth bar-none perfected thrash metal with
Rust in Peace
and no one can convince me otherwise.

Role:

You are a
Vanilla Shredder

Wincon:

Showcase:

There aren't really any videos of Dave just playing a full song, this was before playthroughs were even a thing.
So here is the music video for "Hangar 18" off of
Rust in Peace
from 1990.
This is basically the song that spawned my love of all things metal. It goes back to playing Guitar Hero when I was in middle school, this song was a doozy, and I reveled in trying to beat it over and over again until the riffs were just engraved in my memory.
The almost proggy riffs, face-melting solos and ending crescendo showed me what music could ascend to be.

Spoiler: Michael Stringer
Town VS
Michael Stringer

Flavor:

You are
Michael Stringer
. You are the guitarist and main songwriter for Spiritbox, and a part of this game's uninformed majority.
You have taken the products of your surroundings and crafted your own brand of metal.
Before creating Spiritbox, you gave a band on their way out their magnum opus.

While I love a lot of what Michael does with Spiritbox, my adoration for him culminates in one single album from iwrestledabearonce,
Hail Mary
. He gave to this band what Jason Richardson gave to Born of Osiris and Chelsea Grin.
The difference being, those bands tried to go on without their guitar hero, while iwrestledbearonce knew that once they hit that peak, it was time to call it quits. I love everything about the guitar work on this album.
It has al the crazy breakdowns and odd shit going on you'd expect from this band, but Michael gave it a new layer. It was much more precise and polished. They created one of the most brutal albums I have ever heard to this day.

Role:

You are a
Vanilla Shredder

Wincon:

Showcase:

This is Mikey Stringz playing through "Green Eyes" from iwrestledabearonce's album
Hail Mary
from 2015.
This is my favorite song from the album. I think it blends melody, brutality and technicality into a beautiful chili of heaviness.
The background guitar part of the climax of this song is so cool and noodley, and I didn't even notice it in the recording for a while because I was too busy singing along.

Spoiler: Aaron Marshall
Town VS
Aaron Marshall

Flavor:

You are
Aaron Marshall
. You are the guitarist and main songwriter for Intervals, and a part of this game's uninformed majority.
You have taken the products of your surroundings and crafted your own brand of metal.
Before creating Spiritbox, you gave a band on their way out their magnum opus.

Intervals is a band that has changed and grown a lot over the years. It's always been Aaron's baby, beginning as a djenty solo project to showcase his talents, Intervals has become so much more.
Aaron has always been regarded as one of the top guitarists in prog metal for years. his first EP as Intervals went viral in the metal world, getting everyone's attention, and I was no stranger to it.
I've always loved his fluid writing style, every piece of his songs fits perfectly with one another. He's also amazing at setting and keeping a certain vibe throughout each song. What can I say, the dude writes prog bangers.

Role:

You are a
Vanilla Shredder

Wincon:

Showcase:

This is Aaron playing through "Siren Sound" from Interval's album
A Voice Within
from 2014.
The top comment on this video is hilarious to me, really encompassing the love people have for this man: "'Aaron Marshall' has 13 letters in it. So does Goddddddddddd. Coincidence?"
This song is off of my favorite release from Intervals, which is a controversial opinion. Most "real" fans hate this album when compared to everything else. It's mostly because of the vocals I believe but boo hoo, I think the vox are great.
I always remember a meme going "YoU pRoBabLy LiKe inTerVals WiTh vOcaLs" and to that I say fuck yeah I do. This album is the lovechild of prog and djent, and it fucking rips.

Spoiler: Robby Baca
Town VS
Robby Baca

Flavor:

You are
Robby Baca
. You are one of the guitarists for The Contortionist, and a part of this game's uninformed majority.
You have redefined what prog metal can be, transitioning from brutal prog death to a vibey, more ethereal sound.
You are your band mates have cemented yourselves as the premiere modern prog metal band.

While my love is lost on the most recent Contortionist record, their past work remains extremely high on my list of favorite things to listen to.
One of my favorite memories is introducing my best friend to the genius that is their first album
Exoplanet
while we were on a road trip through the beautiful Oregon landscape.
We fucking love that album, and we bonded over it. Every time I listen to The Contortionist, I am reminded of those great moments.
Role:

You are a
Vanilla Shredder

Wincon:

Showcase:

This is Robby playing through "Language I: Intuition" from The Contortionist's album
Language
from 2014.
God, what a way to kick off an album. I was wary at first, since this album was a new direction for the band.
They used to be an extremely heavy progressive death metal band, and through this album they transitioned to pure prog.
But I have come to adore this album for everything it is. The soundscapes and vibes created in this album are outstandingly unique.

Spoiler: Léo Natale Carillion
Town VS
Léo Natale Carillion

Flavor:

You are
Léo Natale Carillion
. You are the guitarist and main songwriter for The Dali Thundering Concept, and a part of this game's uninformed majority.
You have carved out your own niche of avant-garde metal, drawing influence from many of the other subgenres.
You continue to confuse and excite your audience, never letting them catch on to what you've got coming next.

I was completely taken by surprise with this band a few years ago. They released a single called "Ink" featuring a vocalist I was a fan of. I clicked on the video because the thumbnail was interesting, and I had name recognition with the feature.
I didn't know I was in for one of the most uniquely brutal songs I had ever heard, and have ever heard since. As I explored their catalogue I become full of bewilderment. They had some of the weirdest songs I had ever experience, and I mean that in a great way.
If you want further knowledge into what I mean, check out "Avantgarde - Requiem for a Mind Fucked Brain" off of their first album. It's one wackadoo banger, with an NSFW warning label.

Role:

You are a
Vanilla Shredder

Wincon:

Showcase:

This is Léo playing through "Blessed With Boredom" from The Dali Thundering Concept's album
Savages
from 2018.
This album was a huge breakthrough, showing all of what metal can be. There's even a jazz song, and a saxophone in another song.
I think it's a shame that this band doesn't get more recognition. Truly no one is doing what they do, an honest to god gem in the metal world.

Spoiler: Herman Li
Town VS
Herman Li

Flavor:

You are
Herman Li
. You are the guitarist and main songwriter for DragonForce, and a part of this game's uninformed majority.
You have brought power metal into the limelight with you impressive technicality.

I wasn't the only kid blown away by "Through the Fire and Flames" after playing Guitar Hero. DragonForce had a huge impact on metalheads young and old.
TTFF was my ringtone for a long time back then. Guitar Hero really opened my eyes to what metal is and can be. Before this game, I had just been a hip hop and punk kid.
Megadeth showed me what heaviness was, Lamb of God showed me what brutality was, and Dragonforce showed me what virtuosity was.

Role:

You are a
Vanilla Shredder

Wincon:

Showcase:

This is a live video of Herman and the rest of the band playing "Fury of the Storm" from Dragonforce's album
Sonic Firestorm
from 2004.
Before TTFF became the talk of everyone's tongue, and the band got thrust into popularity, they released this album. A prelude to their success.
This song came to my knowledge on Guitar Hero, just like TTFF had, but I think this one is almost better. This album really cemented their power metal prowess.
It only grew from there, they became the biggest band in the genre. If you want to show someone what power metal is, you show them Dragonforce.
Last edited by The Baker on Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:21 am, edited 18 times in total.
I'm the mod. Dr Easy Bake is the main Baker. Debbie Doggie Do is the certified taste tester. Darth Baker is your father. Son of a Shepherd is a simpleton, yes?
Croissants for everybody!
UwU click my links!
GTKAS
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:17 am

Post by kuribo »

In before everything
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:24 am

Post by kuribo »

Very early townread on A50

Leia's post about time stamps is extraordinarily bad meta gaming with terrible logic requiring Olympic worthy leaps. That's probably town too.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 169, a2rudeboy wrote:NPOM- you don't care about being voted.

Are there other people in the game who are aware of your role flavour?
Earliest ping on my scumdar. It looks like having nothing to say but wanting to be seen saying it.

But then on the next page, he asks that people unvote NoPome.

Calling it now: they're masons.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 192, Almost50 wrote:
In post 91, TiphaineDeath wrote:I'm down to be done with Rvs, but only if we are killing bambi now.
Leave him to me

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Baker
The Baker
Goon
The Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:03 am

Post by The Baker »

Just breath kuribo, try not to think about the past, everything will be ok :lol:
I'm the mod. Dr Easy Bake is the main Baker. Debbie Doggie Do is the certified taste tester. Darth Baker is your father. Son of a Shepherd is a simpleton, yes?
UwU click my links!
GTKAS
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by pisskop »

Eep O.O

Id like to replace if possible, so if this isnt spoiler free can you remove me?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
The Baker
The Baker
Goon
The Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by The Baker »

It’s spoiler free for now, we’ll reevaluate once more people get in here. I’ll make sure to remove you before any spoilers happen!
UwU click my links!
GTKAS
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:42 am

Post by kuribo »

I read emotion better than most people on this site, and I don't believe in fake rage as a thing that happens on a regular basis.

That said Tdeath's outburst (405 407) seems genuine to me, but the tone and intent gives me pause. I townread 407 more than I do 405, it sounds like an extremely volatile person trying not to derail the thread.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:44 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 424, NoPowerOverMe wrote:If he stopped ate ing I'll consider townreading him tho.

But there was no appeal to emotion. Showing emotion is not an appeal to emotion. This is literally the exact opposite: a player stepped away from the game citing an emotional response.

Appeal to emotion is like, "you're making a mistake, don't lynch me I'm town and you'll be sorry," etc etc etc

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:47 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 425, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:From my experience, people who get emotional are usually town.

Yes but because most PLAYERS are town. This mindset leads to that whole toxic "fake rage" accusation that gets thrown around. People are more likely to townread emotion, but that doesn't mean scum can't have outbursts and it doesn't mean that most of them are fake.

"Fake emotion" accusations are a crutch used by weak players and weak people to make themselves seem above anyone showing an inkling of commitment to the game.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:52 am

Post by kuribo »

I don't have a townread on DGB yet

I'm not scumreading her either

Most times I can't get a solid read on here till day 2

I Keep Siteflaking
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:44 am

Post by I Keep Siteflaking »

Ma Baker, could you make this spoilerfree topic a bit less spoilerfree and tell my my abilities? Pretty please.
The Baker
The Baker
Goon
The Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:53 am

Post by The Baker »

This is what you would have gotten:
Spoiler:
(1st Night) Watcher
(2nd Night) Cult Proof
(4th Night) Bulletproof
(6th Night) Ascetic
(8th Night) Phantom Queen
(10th Night) Loved
UwU click my links!
GTKAS
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:23 am

Post by Titus »

Welp, Starbuck is most definitely scum. I rarely am the n1 nightkill.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:24 am

Post by Titus »

Wait, there's a cult?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:37 am

Post by Titus »

At least I was referenced as the Berry Godmother.

Can I be spoiled?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:38 am

Post by Titus »

DGB might be scum too.

Npom likely isn't.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Titus »

Starbuck didn't claim my fruit. More evidence of scuminess.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

The Baker
The Baker
Goon
The Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:00 am

Post by The Baker »

Ehhh, let's just rip the band aid, this is a spoiled dead thread now, the OP has all the info y'all could want!
UwU click my links!
GTKAS
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Titus »

Thanks for spoilers.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Titus »

Spoiler: Winning
How is anyone supposed to win against a perma cult? If it gets to three members and loses one, oh well. They get another. There's no way to eliminate the cult.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

The Baker
The Baker
Goon
The Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:18 am

Post by The Baker »

Spoiler: Cult
It wasn't in the original PM, but they can't recruit Mafia. Also, if they ever get to zero members the cult is over with.
The details came to fruition after that original PM so my bad for not changing it for y'all. So even if pisskop dies, if there are no people left in the cult, they are done.
So like, they have a lot of potential power but their wincon is pretty damn tough.
UwU click my links!
GTKAS
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:27 am

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

Should be interesting.