Rata Mall - UFO - Phase 10

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Rata Mall - UFO - Phase 10

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:21 am

Post by ambic »

The Curse of Rata Mall - Crashed UFO

Room Map

Present:

Groza529
is Johannes Berger: Male, Mid-Late 40s Tall, Skinny, South African accent, Dark Hair - Dressed in a suit and tie. Carrying Briefcase
Primate
 is Harry Carrouthers: Male, 60s Medium Build, using a cane, white haired, wearing thick glasses. Jacket and shirt with a slash down each arm, exposing skin (Formerly Jesternl)
RubberDuck
is Dr.Lacey Higgs: Female, Early 30s Very Tall, Skinny, Stunningly beautiful - One blue eye, one green, bloody lip. Wearing a black jacket
(Formerly MNOWAX)

You head to the UFO, via the emergency stairwell. It looks rickety. As you descend your worst fears are realised, and the stairwell collapses.

(To Primate)
But you fall fortuitously. You land in a dumpster loaded with polystrene. You scramble out, thanking your lucky stars. And you see the reason for the ricketiness of the stairwell. There is a crashed UFO here, and it appears to have hit the stairs in it's fall.

The stairs are in a pile of twisted metal. There might be something salvageable here, or their might not be. The crashed UFO has a Trident symbol on the roof, not overly dissimilar from the Maserati logo. It has a door on the side. It appears to have landed partially on a nearby car, with the rear of the car crushed. There is a dead alien on the ground, missing an arm. It looks as though someone lay it to rest.

(To Rubber duck)
You arrive to see Primate climbing out of the dumster

(To Groza)
You didnt see any of that, but you intuit what happened from looking at the chaos

Deadline
(expired on 2020-09-28 09:00:00)
Last edited by ambic on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:04 am, edited 15 times in total.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:56 am

Post by ambic »

You also notice its night outside, and there is a nice full moon in the sky illuminating stuff for you.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:21 am

Post by ambic »

Rubberduck wanders in.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Primate »

Interesting and surprising.

Are you safe, how did you manage to escape the lab to here?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Primate »

And do you still have those antirads?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Primate »

Examine and search Dead Alien
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:38 am

Post by RubberDuck »

How are you here?
Rubberducky you're the one.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Primate »

I think I asked first as to how are you here?

I have a justification. What is yours?
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:39 am

Post by ambic »

Groza wanders in.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Primate »

*Looks at groza, confused.*

"eh. Alright then. Why the lollygagging?"
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:45 am

Post by Primate »

Examine Half Squashed Car, first, the interior. Will press a boot release if there is one.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Primate »

*Looks down at alien*

"Very curious to see what would happen if Xavier was to clone one of these. If it can retain it's own personality, to some degree...."

"Ha, now who's the mad scientist!"
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:51 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Xavier was in the lab, he has a FrankenCasey with him. He let me go on the basis that I didn't interfere with his work or him stopping Jia.

Xavier told me that Jia needed the secrets of time travel & teleportation from him and this was the technology the aliens were after in the TV broadcast. He said this can be explained by the fact that Jia had an alien piece of paper that always said what the lab code was - no matter what it had been changed to.

The original door code was "Mary" 6279 - The clue in the Cafe was
"Remember her who created that which you are trying to do."
It was a reference to Mary Shelley, the author of Frankenstein's Monster. There was a copy of Frankenstein's Monster in the bookstore which named also named the author when looked at and Xavier has the role of creating Frankenstein monsters. It took me a while, but I eventually figured this puzzle out.

Xavier confirmed my "Mary" Shelley code theory was correct and that 6279 was the original code, and that he had changed the code as soon as he got in there during the first room.

His argument/defense was: "Why then did Jia have alien paper that was a free pass to get into the Frankenstein lab no matter what the code was, if she was in fact after the AL Hive?" Jia did head immediately to the lab upon learning of the secret door and used the paper to get in, which was confirmed by Yvonne who got in via the laundry chute.

It's also why he was asking in the Eatery about whether any of us could recognize an alien in disguise.

I actually have to say Xavier's claim does certainly seem to have some validity. He could have outright killed me his baseball bat or with FrankenCasey and yet didn't and it would have been an easy opportunity for him to do so.

But how did you get here, I assume you saw the UFO from the cinema at the same time as Johannes, but that doesn't explain why you were in the dumpster just now.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:51 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Your turn.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 11, Primate wrote:*Looks down at alien*

"Very curious to see what would happen if Xavier was to clone one of these. If it can retain it's own personality, to some degree...."

"Ha, now who's the mad scientist!"
The cloning vats were blown up along with the time machine, and I'd rather not find out what Xavier could potentially do with them.

Whisper Johannes
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Primate »

"But. Why. Are.
You
Here
. "

"You could be anywhere. How did you know about this place?"

"As to why I'm here? I saw it fom the brewery. Why was in in the dumpster? Because the stairs are awful and physics."

"mhmmmmmmmm"

"Ugh. No. Plausible, but missing bits. Xavier didn't bring us here, then, did Jia? Why? Doesn't scan. Not the solution. The fact he didn't kill you though has possibilities."

"But then a frankencasey, an unforgivable sin for plausibility. But then the suggestion the time machine is possibly genuinely blown up by forces outside of Xaviers control, an external force! Fascinating."

*Looks at spaceship* "We need guns."

*Looks at groza* Did you think Jia would be attending us?
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by groza529 »

"I didn't speak to Jia. I thought you did. Jia is not coming from the same direction we did, anyway, unless she is capable of becoming invisible."
"Lacey, Harry came from the *other* emergency exit from the cinema. There were two theatres. However that exit appeared quite unstable, as it has proven to be."
"Harry, Lacey is here because it didn't seem right to ask for the anti-radiation meds without explaining what they are for. And because, as you admitted in the eatery, she is quite resourceful."
"I have *a* gun, but limited ammunition. I also have a crowbar. I'll examine my inventory for other weapons."
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by ambic »

The car door pops open nicely, after Harry finds the keys. He pulls something out of it, and keeps it.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I came with him.
Indicates Johannes
He saw the UFO from the Brewery, and I'll remind you I was the one who passed on to all of you about Seat K9 in the cinema, which is how you even got in there to begin with. You're welcome. Getting here was Johannes plan. Also, I told the others via the radio that I was going to the carpark with Johannes, but they seemed not to have shared that with you.

What are the odds that thing has a forcefield?
Pick up a stone and throw it hard at the UFO
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by groza529 »

Johannes motions toward the manhole. "I have a decent guess as to where that goes."
Johannes then walks to the alien's corpse. "Well... here's the rest of you."
Search alien corpse
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by groza529 »

"Supposing that Jia is, in fact, here for the time travel technology, then I suppose we're assuming that she was the one who destroyed the time machine. On the tv, didn't they say something about how there could be no peace while the technology exists? Clearly they consider it a threat. As you say, she had technology to access the lab... in fact, we know she DID access the lab shortly before its destruction. I suppose her true goal is to kill Xavier so the time machine cannot be rebuilt."
"It doesn't explain how we are all here with no memories though, as actors on a stage... but for what purpose?"
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by groza529 »

"And I apologize, Harry, if I did not alert you that I had a keycard to escape the Carpark. You might have saved yourself a dumpster dive. So many people know so many bits that I don't fully recall anymore."
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Alright, makes sense. Looks like 3 ways to access the same room, and we all have justified reasons to be exploring here.

I want to see what that stone does before trying to get in the ship. I'll be damned if there is an alien forcefield or automated defenses onboard.

I didn't think of it until now, but did either of you happen to get one of the gasmasks off Carla or Yvonne? We're assuming the aliens breath oxygen and onboard isn't a different atmosphere.

I'm still running with the glitch/simulation theory that I saw in the Cafe - the eatery appeared to be in a parallel dimension from the cafe and the AL Hive causes people to suffer memory loss when connected to it also according to Jia, of which we all happen to be suffering.

I think we're plugged in, but I haven't been able to cause or see another glitch since.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by Primate »

*looking at groza.*

"No, I didn't speak to Jia about it. I'm sorry. mhmm. I tried to coordinate things a little, but I always think that others are coordinating more and things I suspect are happening actually happening rather than this..... I need to be better, I suppose."

"So you told lacey how to come here? Ok."

Examine boot of Half Squashed Car

*Looks at lacey*

"Radio." "Ask if Jia is there with them. The *Jia is here to destroy the time machine, which is the technology* theory scans. Need to start asking ourselves some questions if that is the case though. Aliens seem to have destroyed our planet because an individual created a technology they could not tolerate. Ra. M. Solve for X. "

"Simulation theory scans but is only a possibility. Particles grew too many from the explosion, a wallhack, you fell through the basement of the mr wok to the lab via a clipping error. Extremley dubious but not yet crazy in this world. Want to throw something into a potential unloaded zone and see whether it's still there later, but not for today."
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Alrighty, stone bounced off the ship metal - No forcefield and active no counter measures.

Look for ship entrance

I'm in contact with Yvonne, Jia is not with her.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”