Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Lmao
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:29 am

Post by Gypyx »

(Also yoinkers)
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Ok now i can panick, good scum player help how look town

bottom text
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 27, Gypyx wrote:Ok now i can panick, good scum player help how look town
Your deadline push was amazingly town, but now that we have an extension, try to work on a compromise and keep pushing things which you feel you were onto something.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by Gypyx »

You think it was town really? Can you tell why if i need to bring up stuff?

And i'm kinda lost atm, which would also be normal for town!me i think

I'll try to make posts in ~4-5 hours

bottom text
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by mastina »

Btw, just gonna say this now:
RIP to scumastina's meta of having incredibly lackluster scumgames.
Born: some unknown time in 2018.
Died: November 2020. :P

(This is genuinely the first scumgame I've had in two years where I've felt a fire within me. It is still very visibly and obviously not my towngame, but the fire and passion which has been exclusive to my towngames for two years is present here, so I'll no longer be able to easily have a good reliable towntell in future games. OH WELL. I hated having a lack of fire in my scumgame so I'm glad to have it back, even if it'll make my towngames inevitably be harder as I'll be forced to admit due to this game that passion/fire is no longer an exclusive-to-town tell of mine.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 29, Gypyx wrote:You think it was town really? Can you tell why if i need to bring up stuff?
Yes. You were under the belief that deadline was approaching and that the town NEEDED to get majority, quickly. You reached out to players, tried to work with them, tried to compromise with them, stated your opinions and how you were willing to put them aside in order to secure an elimination and not have a D1 no-execute.

Given the shortness of the deadline expansion, that we're still near deadline, I'd keep that up.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:06 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Rest in peace towntell, let's make the best of it while we can, and anyways having to actually prove you're town can be quite fun too

I fear the day when my towngame will get decent enough that dumb town pushes will no longer be considered clearing lol

pedit : well ok i'll try to do that, thanks for the advice

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:01 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Hey so, ngl i actually have trouble seeing where this game is going

Any idea for a medium term plan? Like pretty sure nic is the exe today, where next

bottom text
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 33, Gypyx wrote:Hey so, ngl i actually have trouble seeing where this game is going
Any idea for a medium term plan? Like pretty sure nic is the exe today, where next
Keep the game in chaos is our best bet.

On that note:
Gypyx kills: Mathblade;
I doctor-track: TheGoldenParadox

MathBlade and Akarin are two of the main players who contribute to the chaos, but they are also the primary two players who, in spite of causing chaos, are cutting through the chaos to try and make sense of things. So in spite of contributing to what we need, they are also the primary dissipaters of the chaos we thrive in.

They also happen to be two of the most universally-townread players in the game right now.

I, personally, would love to keep MathBlade in the game for longer, if for no other reason than to not inflate his ego (because me N1ing him this game will mean that for literally 20 games down the line, he'll probably inherit some arrogance due to it and cause grief to innocent towns and I'd prefer to not inflict that fate on them if I can avoid it), but in this game, hey, I just
have
to pay him the respects he's due. As much as the 20 games after this one where he's town will regret this one game where I did. But like. The dude did earn it this game--he's universally town, he's cutting through the bullshit, and while I feel his scumteam theory doesn't have enough merit to it to be a threat of convincing others, I do owe him the respect that he did in fact, call the correct scumteam on D1.

Holding the town together rather than dividing it; being universally townread; having called the correct scumteam at one point in D1 even if he backed off from it.

I feel like we could leave him alive, because I feel like I can convince him that I am town, and there is always the chance that leaving him alive past D1 lets him have a chance to go off the rails and descend into crazy-Mathblade territory. But I feel like we should be killing universal townreads here and he is one of only two in the game, and the one who on his best day is a larger threat than the other. And I'd say that, overall, while there's a chance he'd fall from being in his best day...that this game is him more or less at his best day.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:13 pm

Post by Gypyx »

I also confidant SKYEscrapers
(feels like they are the most likely to investigate one of us it's they're that kidn of role)

I mean, even if the chaos creators die, i think town is on their way for some pretty big apathy with MathBlade gone so really it's a win-win

And wow, he gets THIS mad if he dies N1?

Kinda worried about the pressure we might receive at the start of next day

bottom text
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 35, Gypyx wrote:And wow, he gets THIS mad if he dies N1?
No, no, not mad!

He gets flattered!

And then lets it go to his head in future games. :P
Every time he dies N1 in a game, he'll have an ego-boost that'll cause a level of increased arrogance in like the 20 games to follow. (Can't blame him for it tho as I am the exact same way and do the exact same thing. :P )
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Ah okay my bad, well let's be nice and give him an ego boost shall we?

I personally have yet to be NK'ed x)

bottom text
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:10 am

Post by schadd_ »

thegoldenparadox did not visit anyone
skyescrapers did not receive any investigative results
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Gypyx »

Wow, amazing results

bottom text
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1001, mastina wrote:I am the most familiar of any player onsite with the possible exception of Titus (his brother) as to how MathBlade is a scum asset in causing TvT fighting that drains the life out of towns during games. (Probably, most infamously, Civilization Mafia.) I am quite aware of how antitown MathBlade can be, so the kill on him took me off-guard as well, as I was sure that the N1 kill was going to be either you or TGP. Rarely a game goes by that MathBlade doesn't drain the life out of a town at some point, so I'd know to
not
kill Mathblade, to let his arguing with you continue. (Btw this is why I thought it'd be TGP killed; I thought that the scum would leave you alive so that Mathblade would argue with you.)

Granted, what Ari says is also accurate:
In post 990, SKYEscrapers wrote:i thjnk MathBlade was obvtowning and having them in that role would have been bad for any scumteam. I haven't looked at mastina/Math interactions but they are a very good player when they are given the right game and I think this was one whrere they would have shone. Of the playerlist I assume mastina has the most experience with them and thus they would know this.
In spite of Mathblade's tvt arguments being inevitable and also anti-town, draining the life out of games...he's not a bad player; he's still a very good player given the right game and in this game was obvtown. Being obvtown in a micro is bad for scum, so just about any scumteam would, in hindsight, have reason to eliminate Mathblade. (It was just that specifically my experience with Math blinded me to that aspect.)
(I hope Mathblade recognizes that I am saying things in this light specifically because of my scum alignment, my respect for him is indeed high enough for the n1 kill in this game after he earned it, obv.)
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Ok, this might finally be the game that breaks my losestreak ~i'm stressed~

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:16 am

Post by Gypyx »

pls tgp don't even consider that we might be scum together aaaaaaaah

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Gypyx »

Oh god i feel pressured

What do i say

bottom text
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:56 am

Post by mastina »

In post 42, Gypyx wrote:pls tgp don't even consider that we might be scum together aaaaaaaah
I do feel kinda bad that, of all games, THIS game just so happens to, randomly, be the resurgence of scumastina at nearly her peak performance (literally the only thing that could make this more peak performance is making a writeup of each player and how to handle them best) and that my interactions with you, meant to defend my scumbuddy, paint us both as town. :P
In post 43, Gypyx wrote:Oh god i feel pressured
What do i say
Do the exact same thing you did at the false-end of D1. Be available, give your opinion, vote who you prefer and be willing and able to vote for the other option.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:51 am

Post by Gypyx »

Should i change my claim? I kinda feel like i should claim something more normal...

Reflexive bodyguard maybe?

bottom text
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:13 am

Post by mastina »

In post 45, Gypyx wrote:Should i change my claim? I kinda feel like i should claim something more normal...
Reflexive bodyguard maybe?
Nooooo, not a protective.
Claiming a reflexive investigation is fine. It may be better to change from investigatoir and not use tracker, but claiming reflexive for something like rolecop or follower or the like will be fine.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Gypyx »

I'll do follower k

Just to make sure i get how this works, i would know who visisted me and what kind of actions they performed?

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:51 am

Post by Gypyx »

hmmm...

tgp must be the novice investigatoire right?

bottom text
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:17 am

Post by mastina »

In post 47, Gypyx wrote:I'll do follower k
Just to make sure i get how this works, i would know who visisted me and what kind of actions they performed?
Actually, might want to edit it to be the more sensible reflexive voyeur.

In practice, there's not much difference between a reflexive follower and a reflexive voyeur, but the latter is a role that people would be more likely to buy as it's not quite as complex. (A reflexive follower would technically be able to see actions done by a player targeting them, that didn't target them, e.g. seeing that a mafia tracker tracking them but killing someone else performed a killing action and an action investigation action.)

And, to answer: you would not know who visited you (that's a reflexive watcher/tracker), and you wouldn't know the exact action performed (you wouldn't know a tracker tracked you); you would however know the TYPE of action performed on you (if a tracker tracked you, you would know you were targeted by an investigation role).

Anyway, for a start:
mastina doctor-tracks: Akarin;
Gypyx kills: TheGoldenParadox

DT is a VT; SKYEscrapers is a 1x Alien; Dunnstral is a vanilla neighbor (basically VT)--there's a slight risk Dunnstral is the investigatoir, who lied and claimed he had no powers, but if so, he's harmless tomorrow because regardless of an investigation result he performs, he won't be believed.

Which leaves two names for the novice investigatoir:
Akarin and TGP.
Akarin's softclaim doesn't sound like it's the investigatoir.
TGP did not target anyone N1 and has not claimed.
Ergo, TGP is the most likely to be the novice Investigatoir. (And even if he is not, he's a solid nightkill anyway.)

Return to “Completed Game Topics”