TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Mini Normal 2179 | Dead PT

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:47 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

Welcome to all of the dead and the lovely spectators of this game. Take a seat, enjoy yourself sitting around the fire. Don't post in the main thread after you're dead - no exceptions.

Now, where was I? Oh, yes. This dead thread is spoiled, because who even likes unspoiled dead threads? Go wild with spoilers and you're not even required to use spoiler tags. Generous, I am.

Spoiler: role list
1. Town 2-shot Roleblocker - benhalkum
2. Town Even-Night Neapolitan - NoPowerOverMe
3. Town Odd-Night Doctor - Battle Mage
4. Town Fruit Vendor - superbowl9
5. Town Mason - Rannygazoo
6. Town Mason - Non Imh
7. Town 2-Shot Neighborizer - Andresvmb
8. Vanilla Townie - hessian
9. Vanilla Townie - Titus
10. Vanilla Townie - wiyvern
11. Mafia Traffic Analyst - Flavor Leaf
12. Mafia 2-Shot Rolestopper - Alchemist21
13. Mafia Goon - OutWorldER
Last edited by TheGoldenParadox on Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 9 times in total.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by mastina »

Hi I reviewed this game. ;)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by DkKoba »

wow i already died. What was my n0 role ;)
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:02 pm

In post 2, DkKoba wrote:wow i already died. What was my n0 role ;)
mafia multitasking bulletproof ascetic roleblocker rolecop neighbor doctor vengeful traffic analyst. losing you really dealt a blow to the mafia team :/
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Wtf i wanted to be town
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

flavor rolled mafia? how unfair for town especially with the power level mafia actually gets
andres on neighborizer is actually really good bc andres is v strong. he will probably get rolestopped if it was to be done right now
town super stacked tho .. lol
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:02 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ranny as mason might be a bit of a mess tho.

mason pair is a bit weak playerwise unless imh is good

NPOM being neapolitan is good.

hopefully ben utilizes his power well
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by DkKoba »

seems hella townsided regardless though. the wifom of so many prs can be broken with good town which town absolutely does have haha
retired
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:29 am

--Day 1 has begun.
Last edited by TheGoldenParadox on Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:44 am

Post by DkKoba »

titus as VT is actually good. i have heard titus is a really good player.

i think town wins this based on how townsided setup is tbf. ive yet to see outworld's scumgame but they're gonna take heat d1 likely.
retired
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:21 pm

In post 9, DkKoba wrote:titus as VT is actually good. i have heard titus is a really good player.

i think town wins this based on how townsided setup is tbf. ive yet to see outworld's scumgame but they're gonna take heat d1 likely.
i don't think the setup is that townsided, to be completely honest; mildly townsided, maybe, but FL is an extremely good scum player so i think both sides have a pretty fair shot.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

it is townsided.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

the general skill level of town on this site is fairly low thats why it may not seem townsided.
retired
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:28 pm

i don't agree. i feel like the word "townsided" gets thrown around quite a bit but those who use it in that context have to accept and face that mafia is inherently an asymmetrical game, which means it's really difficult to judge town and scum skill level in relation to each other. i think that the best way to do that is to try to balance towards an interesting game with good amounts of agency that both sides have a fairly equal shot at winning, rather than trying to design a game that is balanced in a vacuum.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by DkKoba »

when theres more PRs than scum PRs esp self clearing ones it is a very uphill battle. if scum nightkills a VT even once it can be catastrophic.

my mafia setup philosophy(i designed open setups for chat mafia) is that setups should be leaning towards scumsided whenever possible.

the closed aspect is a thing that does benefit scum but town have:

3ML

2 people who can self clear

a doc in case one of those 2 do self clear d1(yeah rolestopper can stop the doc save but doc will pretty much immediately gain info on that)

2 roles that semi clear themselves

just a bunch of named roles in general.

idk lol.

first ML is always free yes, but the way PRs are i think it can lead to just a solve from mostly just claims
retired
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:48 pm

the existence of both a doctor and roleblocker in the game calls into question any "guilty" that a roleblocker would get, so to be totally honest i think the roleblocker is pretty null, maybe mildly positive utility, and is a very common mafia role so that's not a clear

neapolitan can get maybe one clear

doctor really don't have that much power being odd night, can maybe block one kill at absolute best but even that seems kind of unlikely

fruit vendor probably won't do much here and could conceivably be either alignment

masons are powerful but that's just two clears

neighborizer is really mostly null

mafia can find pts and have a 2-shot rolestopper so while town and mafia have clear best case scenarios here i would call this setup swingy but balanced; seems to me like most likely town will have maybe 1 clear by lylo
i guess we will see!!
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:49 pm

feel like the sheer number of pr claims will throw the town off a bit
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by DkKoba »

if npom is ever flipped it will solve the game i feel
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:50 am

Post by DkKoba »

lol

Heard Titus was a good player why are they easily distracted by lhf and using nai arguments?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:59 am

Post by DkKoba »

god the ego :lol:
shading isn't scummy tbh lol unless it's obvious that its illogical based on gamestate
retired
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:01 am

In post 18, DkKoba wrote:lol

Heard Titus was a good player why are they easily distracted by lhf and using nai arguments?
not sure they are as easily distracted as they seem. i feel like their goal is to draw the nightkill and i think that scum might just take the bait.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:03 am

Post by DkKoba »

If anything thats a ploy id use to avoid the nightkill.
Idk lol but ya i do as VT purposefully PR tell in believable ways so theres that
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

i mean day is half over i hope this is a trap from titus :lol: the push just seems really weird knowing its town
retired
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:05 am

day is HALF OVER? i would be very surprised if that was the case, we have 12 days left!
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:05 am

i think ben is going to be run up to l-1, be forced to claim, and then i think they have a decent shot of locking onto a scum from there

Return to “Completed Game Topics”