Xenoblade 2 - Night 2 LINK (Brian Skies/WCULM)

Forum for old private topics
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I was on a similar wavelength as them regarding the Gamma push early on. Post 742 doesn't seem to be something I'd expect a buddy to say about their partner (Noraa). I got decent townfeels from 769 and 776. While one head seemed to admit he felt similarly to me, they quickly shot it down saying it didn't make any sense, even though we were pushing the same slot. Granted, this slot has a massive iso, but aside from not being on the Cakez wagon, and maybe defending Noraa at some point, I don't really think I saw anything that was concerning.

If I had to put an asterisk next to a townread, Maria would probably be it. But aside from maybe 2392, I've generally liked her posting this game. I agree that there is probably something going on behind the scenes between Maria and LLD here.

I generally find LLD's posting to be quite insidious this game. I also don't really get the townreads on Gamma.

Now with
working
links!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i don't think nora led discussion in that pair, i think she rolled with the punches and saw an opportunity to distance

the alternative being that she thought that would result in a mislynch on town? why? if town were legitimately lying about it, they could prob just explain why they lied anyway lol
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 93, zMuffinMan wrote:i mean nora's claim and call-out of manwithnoname was clearly planned so only real question is whether it was a (poor) attempt at distancing or whether scum legit thought people would think town-manwithnoname was a good lynch for that

and uh... latter seems less likely
Why latter more likely than the former?
I think she knew she wouldn't last very long.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Muffin said latter was less likely.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

dont see 742 as a negative interaction

dont see what's town about 776. the snark?

kinda believe he did say something to his partner about scum theatre. meh on it being a town thing to talk about though. could easily see that as a :man, if i were town, id totally think that..." angle

which ironically is why i think his take on nacho is so off - hes not thinking about it from a town angle but from an "if i were town, i might totally think that" but missing larger context for why it doesnt make sense that he should be thinking about if he were actually town

if that makes sense.... ... ..... .......
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Jesus that just shows how fucked my brain is tonight
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

also it's less about gamma targeting nora as it is about how it leaked and how they both talked about it as bit and pieces were revealed

didnt look like two scum who were scheming to save nora there

i do think gamma was kinda silly for thinking nora's role being leashed would provide any substantial benefit but i think that was more based on the incorrect town read of her than anything else so meh
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I think tonight is probably gonna be the bruffian show. I don't have real plans for tomorrow so I'll likely spend some time before I start drinking

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh, i dont really believe nora had a guilty on her
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

well im like 99% sure she didnt have a guilty on her with a 1% chance that someone had something that suggested she could be scum but wasnt damning
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 84, zMuffinMan wrote:i guess i'm just wondering why they played like that if nora was their super strongest scum read ever and spiffeh was an obv town slot

feel free to speculate
Thought on this a bit today and I like and understand this point. I do think that REVVED UP TOWN PRISM would have been freaking about that wagon more than he did.

Prism has scum read me in most games that we play together here so us being in the scum pool for weak reasons doesn't necessarily surprise me/doesn't make me think he's more likely to be scum.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i just think gamma seems too oblivious to be scum here tbh

that's about it

i think nacho had actual not-muffin-like reasoning for a town read on him though maybe?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

nacho it's not just that it's weak, it's that it doesn't make sense
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 108, zMuffinMan wrote:oh, i dont really believe nora had a guilty on her
You mean Flavor Leaf?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

his two primary reasons for that read are "coaching cakez" in the gamrr thread when scum have day chat

and that youd totally say something like what you said about doing as you please as scum, with regards to not giving cabd our vote.........

also ignoring the point he tried to make about himself, basically saying there's nooooo way hed bus here as scum because that's not a winning strategy... ... ... and when i pointed this out he acknowledged it once then went back to calling you scum anyway
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 113, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 108, zMuffinMan wrote:oh, i dont really believe nora had a guilty on her
You mean Flavor Leaf?
no

i mean i dont think there was a guilty on her

it was just weirdly phrased? i would think a phrase like "i dont have a guilty on me" is a perfectly natural phrase, for example, but whatevs
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Oh I see. I just misread the tone.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I'll concede that I could be wrong on Gamma and he's just being silly this game.

Regarding 742, I just felt like there wasn't really a reason to shoot down a potential townread on Noraa if they were buddies, especially at that particular point in time. I'd probably have to read their posts in more depth to see whatever it is you're seeing. But in terms of 'Nacho interactions could've been coaching,' I personally also questioned them, especially in the advent of this post and this post where I wasn't sure if Nacho was trying to derail the wagon or not. While I wouldn't call the interactions 'coaching,' and it could just be poor word choice on their part, at the time I did wonder if Nacho-scum could've been trying to interact with scumbuddy Cakez on the rails to give him some footing in the thread. Like, 1670 is a post that I just think looks weird in isolation and might give off 'coaching' vibes (which doesn't really do anything for me since Nacho was a former IC and this is typically the stuff he likes to do as either alignment).

I've since taken the opinion that Nacho just didn't like the idea of
speed
-lynching Cakez, which is what he said. But my initial impression was still there.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

ya well like i said earlier, if they had said something like what you're saying i wouldnt have cared
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 79, zMuffinMan wrote:also honestly stuff like:

"Nacho's interactions with Cakez reeked of blatant coaching to save him, he's not going to like me pushing him but w/e. At least it's not bad play if you were town, I just didn't get the vibe that genuinely sorting him was his intent, more that he was trying to get Cakez to reset and make better posts. Cakez's halfassed reaction made this worse."

like really, come on

even if we were scum with cakez, SCUM HAVE DAY TALK. why "coach" in the game thread rofl?

do you think that's a genuine thought process from them?

like maybe if the angle was "nacho was trying to pretend he was sorting them but i think it didn't feel genuine" or something like that, but "nacho was coaching"??????
last paragraph

coaching is p specific though and i doubt it's a word choice thing
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Maybe it's just a me-thing, but after going through a decent majority of their iso, I still don't see Reagan as scum.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

sounds like a you thing yeah

def not a me thing
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i spose it doesnt matter all that much if whoever we disagree about isn't an immediate option anyway

prob looking at LLD and manwithnoname first and assuming that at least one or both flip scum go from there with whatever other info is on the table by then
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I agree that it wouldn't make much of a difference right now, especially since at least one slot (Beeboy) hasn't given us much to work with.

I won't ask you to claim to me (unless you two want me to act as witness to your action or whatever), but you two should definitely ask me for a target at some point before the deadline hits.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

night actions are nacho's domain

my only jobs in this hydra are to look pretty and shitpost

Return to “Completed Game Topics”