PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Ranny-Kanna Dance PT

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Last edited by PookyTheMagicalBear on Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

Hi Kanna! Happy to be here with you. And I’m so happy we were right about shelly!
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

I’ll post here if I have questions about your play. I don’t want to give scum the impression that it’s easy to drive a wedge between us.

You haven’t been scumread at all this game. That’s towny in and for itself (like, maybe the other townies are good players and they’re right). It also suggests that scum is playing safe. No one townread shelly (or akarin, for that matter) either.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:43 am

Post by Kanna »

ranny <33 i am also glad to be here with you and we elimed scum!

honestly, i think the game is over and the last scum is ydrasse. what do you think? if we are going to paranoia city with the final 4 of {me, you, mikan, harley}, i think i will leave as i have a lot of faith in harley/mikan. i don't think this game is so much about paranoiaing in pairs rather than it is double elimination.
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Kanna »

In post 2, Rannygazoo wrote:You haven’t been scumread at all this game. That’s towny in and for itself
heheh it's a good game for me! i think it's cause most of the playerlist knows me

ask me any questions you want and let me know what you think about scum!ydrasse!

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:54 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

Yikes. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

I was confident in my solve then and even moreso now that I’m proven to be half right. The PoE in (whatever post that was, I’m not looking it up) says shelly’s partner has to be Ydrasse by Legolad, because Akarin and Shelly cleared everyone else by play. Dimes to doughnuts it’s Ydrasse, but it really doesn’t matter.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

Ydrasse or Legolad*

But a vote for one is a vote for the other
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:36 am

Post by Kanna »

i know legolad and am pretty sure it isn’t him. consensus is if it isn’t him, it’s gamma, and i agree

ranny dear, our dance may be short, please twirl me around lots on the dance floor while there’s still time!!

Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

The dance isn’t over yet, darling. Let’s show them what we’re made of!

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Kanna »

oh no oh no... i’m saying this here first, but will be posting it to the main thread eventually: ydrasse is giving me some paranoia she’ll flip town. and if it isn’t ydrasse.... and i soulread uncrowned/gamma as town.... would it be you??

say it ain’t so, my dearest ;_;

was i blinded by love when i fell for you too fast?

what do you think of the shelly/ydrasse interaction on page 33 and 34? i think that’s one of the biggest pieces of evidence for a shelly/ydrasse team. ydrasse apparently confident straight away in shelly!scum, but the following interaction doesn’t feel like she’s pushing. they just discuss reads? it reads kind of off.
let me know what you think?

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Kanna »

In post 1126, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
Spoiler: Ranna/Kanna

He walked up to her with confidence he did not know he possessed, a quick bow and a kiss on her outstretched hand,

He asked for the pleasure of her company, the smooth baritone of his voice dispelling any doubt in her mind.

She hesitated for a moment, then after a quick curtsy to her other suitor, she took his hands in hers and allowed him to lead her off.

They twirled across the dance floor - a beautiful vision flying with the music of a dozen violins.

Time seemed to slow as they fit together seamlessly - his hand on the small of her back, her arm across his shoulder.

He looked down into her eyes - and found himself falling into a deep and endless midnight.

wasn’t this lovely? i’m framing it in our PT !

Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 9, Kanna wrote:ydrasse is giving me some paranoia she’ll flip town.
Because of her apparent willingness to leave? If she wants to leave, no one is stopping her, except maybe Legolad.

Mikan pulled the same kind of gambit when she first said she'll only dance with you or Harley. It was only closer to the end of the phase that I realized she was serious. Give Ydrasse time. The gambit will fail. If she gets a Gamma flip like she wants, she'll only find an excuse to stick around.

I don't see anything towny about her recent posting. Stuff like this
In post 1121, Ydrasse wrote:omggggg it’s literally not shade when i’m not actually pushing for an elim here but reminding people that they should be cautious in f4 when i plan to NOT BE IN THE GAME
doesn't read well to me, because it seems like such a little detail to refute. It's kind of like "stop scumreading me for the wrong reasons".
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 11, Rannygazoo wrote:Because of her apparent willingness to leave? If she wants to leave, no one is stopping her, except maybe Legolad.
moreso frustration; i’m more of a vibe reader, and i guess that’s why i was so drawn to you!

also i suppose scum!her has no chance of winning so i don’t see that fire being appropriate. it makes more sense if she knows she’s town flipping so wants to spew as many thoughts as possible.

don’t worry though, i have no intention of letting that pair ever go near f4.

i think i’m going to skim your iso when i get home and see if i have concerns.

who would you trust more out of me/you and mikan/harley? do you agree we let mikan and harley ride off into the sunset?

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Kanna »

fwiw i am firmly against gamma/uncrowned going before they do.

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 11, Rannygazoo wrote:If she gets a Gamma flip like she wants, she'll only find an excuse to stick around.
In post 13, Kanna wrote:fwiw i am firmly against gamma/uncrowned going before they do.
in response to the above.

Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 9, Kanna wrote:would it be you??

say it ain’t so, my dearest ;_;

was i blinded by love when i fell for you too fast?
https://youtu.be/tqyIts6h0Eg?t=284

There is no need to frown and be perverse and say me nay. I do not think you too quickly won.

Before shelly flipped, there were lots of possibilities that were still in play. If she flipped town, there would be a lot of work to do. I didn't seriously consider it because I thought the odds were low and it was a waste of mental effort. This is another one of those times. If ydrasse flips town, I'll recalibrate then, but I'm not counting on it. I understand you have your doubts and you have to consider all angles, but I think it would be good to keep it out of the main thread until ydrasse's flip. It's just a distraction. I'm aware that I have the weakest alibi out of my solve in viewtopic.php?p=12428688#p12428688 but you can look back at my interactions with shelly and akarin, and decide for yourself.

As for you, Kanna dear, it vexes me that you haven't been tried and tested in this game. If someone had pressed you and it was debunked, I could look back on that and soothe my doubts, but none of that has happened. As I said before, if you're scum, you're in a very good position with me.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 12, Kanna wrote:who would you trust more out of me/you and mikan/harley? do you agree we let mikan and harley ride off into the sunset?
I highly doubt the game will reach this state. If it does, I have some serious recalibrating to do.

I believe what I said about shelly clearing mikan and harley. So it would have to be you, but that doesn't really make sense. I might give you an ultimatum to leave by a certain time. Scum would never leave with 4 left unless it's conceding. So if you leave, you've proven yourself town, but then we lose. If you don't, then you must be scum, so the game is solved (again).

But again, I don't see that happening and I don't like the odds if it does come to that.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 9, Kanna wrote:what do you think of the shelly/ydrasse interaction on page 33 and 34? i think that’s one of the biggest pieces of evidence for a shelly/ydrasse team. ydrasse apparently confident straight away in shelly!scum, but the following interaction doesn’t feel like she’s pushing. they just discuss reads? it reads kind of off.
let me know what you think?
Ok, let's see. I didn't read this stuff too closely because shelly is a good scum player and I didn't need the doubt going into the flip.
In post 802, Ydrasse wrote:Shelly rolled scum in a dance game again

Shelly rolled scum in a dance game again...
Antagonistic right away. It would look weird if Ydrasse didn't end up in Shelly's scumreads. Maybe shelly's reads ended how they did in order to make their relationship look more normal.
In post 803, Ydrasse wrote:also ftr i’m not Doing a whole lot but i’ve already tried the “fluff only strategy” in a scum game and lost and i’m not gonna try it again with someone who was in that game let alone pair with them and hope they don’t leave me when the entire game wants it
self meta = useless. Ydrasse said earlier that she wasn't playing to win. I think her not engaging with the game proper was more of a coping mechanism than a strategy.
In post 806, shellyc wrote:
Leave dance

I'm pissed

Ranny is scum for the way he was pushing me, incongruence of leaving out gamma -> townreading gamma
Uh, that was uncrowned, not me. Anyway, ydrasse is echoing the fake leave in this post.
In post 836, Ydrasse wrote:by assuming how stilted he might be as scum or unsure, should go look over his interaction w legolad for a gauge on him again

also uncrowned actually inspires no feelings in me after that reads list which made me go ? but nothing bad stood out to me otherwise from him so he’s a fine and a “review later” since he’s gonna get paired anyways
Yeah, ok. There are a lot of responses one can have when you think you've found scum but I don't think "collaboration" is one of them. Like, Mikan's flailing at me because she thought I was scum was more believable coming from town (but I wouldn't say that in public because I don't want to encourage that kind of behavior).

I'm going to ask Ydrasse at what point she started scumreading that slot.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 753, Kanna wrote:
In post 730, Mikan Tsumiki wrote:Kanna Lego is dancing with Ydrasse but if they weren't I'd support u2 dancing.

My thing with Ranny is like
the way he's pushing his reads feels so scummy and it kind of is how I expect scum to push their reads.
iirc, ranny hasn't played scum before. to be blunt, i'd expect new!scum to be lurkier/awkward and whatnot. he's been very upfront about his thoughts this game and his thought processes are pretty nuanced
I don't know wtf Mikan is talking about, but I'll tell you something just between us. I've never rolled scum here, but I think I'd do okay if I did. The reason scum gets caught sometimes is they act like they have some shame that they have to hide, whereas town can be firm in knowing they're on the side everyone claims to support. But the truth is, maybe town are the bad guys. If mafia stops killing, that's not a town win. Town needs to eliminate the others. Maybe scum is a persecuted minority fighting back. This is especially evident in this set up. Scum can't even hurt anyone. They just want to dance! Who are we to stop them?

I wouldn't be telling you this as scum because I wouldn't want to put the idea in your head, and I have no desire to gloat to you.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Kanna »

“But the truth is, maybe town are the bad guys,” he whispered in her ear. “Mafia can't even hurt anyone. They just want to dance! Who are we to stop them?”

She felt a chill go down her spine. The room had suddenly gotten cold.

ranny, ranny..... my love, my homie...

you can argue that you’re not scum wanting to gloat, but does town ever say this?

i’ll respond to the rest later, but i am scared!

Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

Is that what you wanted to pause the game over, my turtledove? As far as I’m concerned, the game is over. This is theory talk. I won’t let anything happen to you. You can be scared next game.

But seriously, you should read into it all you want and take all the time you need. I’m going to do that because I don’t think I need to, but I’ll step up and dig deeper if we’re wrong on Ydrasse.

If I were scum, wouldn’t I have hammed it up that I’d be incompetent as scum? “Oh no, I couldn’t possibly conceal my alignment. Tee-hee.”

Since there’s a lot of meta-reading in this game, would you mind sharing one of your scum games? I think the game is over, but it might help me see what others see.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Kanna »

an emotional read in the same vein as the one I had on akarin says you’re panicking. i think your mask is slipping... and to think, i might’ve not reconsidered you if i didn’t dance with you.

so i think you’re just scum now? i can do the due diligence with going back and forth with you, but i can also save myself the trouble because i have your life in my hands...

Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

Aw, I thought we were closer than that.

If you want to leave, leave. Maybe town will listen to me when they see I’m town.

If you’re gambiting to make sure I don’t leave you in the final 4, keep going.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Kanna »

sorry, I don’t mean to be unpleasant and I hope it didn’t come across that way! Still, I think you are scum. I think the floating thing actually brought back other moments...

Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

Floating thing?

Return to “Completed Game Topics”