ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I won't be able to get on again before deadline, so I have to vote now.

vote: empking

Please be scum.
Cavebear with a toothache
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

I was actually planning on voting before the deadline this time, but I suppose I've made my position clear anyway.
Ectomancer wrote:Why did you just choose EmpKing when you thought you were hammering? You also implied that you believe ThAdmiral to be town as you saved us from scum doing a quick hammer. Is that the case, or did you decide that EmpKing and ThAdmiral cant possibly be scum buddies and chose the one you thought more likely to be scum?
My reasoning doesn't fully apply anymore, as it was influenced by false pretenses and all in all a bit rushed (me thinking this was a L-1 situation with possible scum coming to hammer someone; I still think the chance of ThAdmiral and Empking both being scum to be smaller than most other possible scumpairs). It essentially boiled down to me picturing myself kicking myself harder if I was wrong about Empking than if I was wrong about ThAdmiral.

I still don't know if Empking was the actual correct lynch, although ThAdmiral's hammer suggests he's town (at least assuming the vig is scum and this is LyLo) so that's good as it means that Earwig and Xyzzy are both scum, which I'm hoping they're not.

Note: Starting this Friday (ie tomorrow), I'll be out of town with limited access until Monday 21:st. In case we're still in the game.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:03 am

Post by xyzzy »

Everyone, I'm V/LA, so I don't have time to read recent posts, but Empking looks like a good lynch from the non-recent stuff.
Unvote, Vote: Empking

Please be scum, sir.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:04 am

Post by xyzzy »

EBWOP: Oh, apparently ThAdmiral was a hammer. lol.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Thesp »

Final D5 Vote Count

Cavebear with a toothache - 1
(Empking)
ThAdmiral - 1
(xyzzy)
Empking - 4
(Earwig, Ectomancer, BlckKnght, ThAdmiral)

Not Voting - 1
(Cavebear with a toothache)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by Thesp »

Empking,
Townie
, has been lynched.

Night 5 begins.
Please have all nightchoices to me within 72 hours. Thanks.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Thesp »

My apologies for making you wait on this - I overlooked the maths.

Ectomancer,
Mason
, has been killed.

Welcome to the endgame. ThAdmiral,
Mafia/Dayvig
, will use his power on a townie today, bringing the total alive to 2 mafia and 2 town.

The mafia win!

Congratulations,
ThAdmiral
and
BlckKnght
!

Nightchoices should be obvious. I have some thoughts I'll share a little after players have a chance to weigh in. Thanks for everyone who played, and double thanks to those who replaced in - let me know if ever you need a replacement for a game you're modding, and I will see if I can make room for you.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

YAy my first scumwin!!!!!!!
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Earwig
Earwig
Goon
Earwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Earwig »

I had a feeling the dayvig was scum.
Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:03 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

He certainly was!

After three or so no-lynches I was pretty confident of a win.

I don't believe I slipped up and nearly got lynched yesterday though! That was a close one (although black night looked pretty safe and probably would have won it eventually).
BlckKnght
BlckKnght
Goon
BlckKnght
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:57 am

Post by BlckKnght »

I was a bit worried about ThAdmiral getting lynched there at the end. I suppose as long as he did his dayvig bit before dying it would not have been too bad for me, but I was very glad that nobody unvoted after my vote for Empking. Nobody commented on it, but I actually did get mixed up for a few hours and think the deadline was a day earlier than it actually was. After I realized my mistake I decided to not say anything and hope ThAdmiral would get on in time to hammer. I guess I was more cautious than necessary, given the fact that xyzzy threw an extra vote on afterwards.

I think this game was really lost for the town after the mason claims. That was just incredibly bad play, especially if any of them had read the previous F&E open game that I had helpfully linked to on day one. The no-lynching also gave us a lot of opportunities to make up for the numerical disadvantage scum have. It did stretch the game out over more days than there would have been if there had been more mislynching, though.

I think that in retrospect, my choice to raise the dayvig issue on day three was a mistake, as I had hoped that I would be able to persuade the town against having the dayvig claim. The fake-killing and then mass non-vig claiming put a quick end to that plan.

I actually do think that in the situation we had it would not have been in the town's interest to have the dayvig make a kill. It would have removed some uncertainty, but at the possible cost of possibly losing a day. Of course it also was good for us scum to avoid using the kill publicly, since we could use it to bring the endgame one day earlier than if we hadn't had it.

I was a bit surprised by the way the Alabaska J lynch took place on day four. I had been busing JimSauce and then him for several days and then suddenly he was lynched without my being on the wagon. I had hoped that I'd get to be the one to hammer. :evil:

Anyway, I thought CDB, Cavebear with a toothache and to a lesser extent Oman played especially good games. We were pretty confident that killing CDB was better for us than taking out Ectomancer on night four. Empking and xyzzy each had very scary reads on us at various times, but never made strong enough arguments to make them stick.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:21 am

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

Well, crap. Very well played, scum (esp. BlckKnght, you were at the bottom of my list. In retrospect, maybe I should've been a bit more conscious about your lurking towards the end.) I had a really hard time deciding who was scum at the last lynch; it seems everyone did some scummy stuff and some redeeming stuff. I'm a bit upset about forgetting the dayvig and not calculating for it when I didn't hammer Empking, but I'm not sure if it would've worked out any better. I probably need to look more to actions than words (Empking not being on any wagons but the one where AJ was lynched, ThAdmiral being on every single major wagon and not starting any of them.)

Killing CDB probably was the right call, although it made me all but convinced AJ was scum (as I was pretty sure that either he or CDB was scum.)

Anyway, this game suffered from lack of activity and from tíme to time replacements, and I disliked the random dayvig. Also, the masons outting themselves was frustrating, especially after devoting time and energy to come up with a situation where they wouldn't have to. :P

Thanks for the game everyone, and thanks to Thesp for taking over the modding. Everything said and done, I enjoyed it, and hope to see you around. :)
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Well played, scum - the town was pretty uniformly terrible throughout but you certainly contributed to that. Especially large kudos to BlckKnight who played an astonishing game, pretty much earning immunity from suspicion from your more lurky behaviour later in the game. Also props to ThAdmiral who I was leaning town on.

I enjoyed the game, as it was quite a different mafia experience for me as I felt obliged to try and grab the town by the scruff of the neck. I don't think I did a brilliant job but I'm glad we managed to at least nail one scum. Those no lynches were so, so painful and it would have been extraordinary if we'd saved the game.

Huge thanks to Thesp for picking up this game and all the replacements.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:10 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »