Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:58 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Vax, it is exactly as simple as I'm making it out to be.
Using the janitor tonight for scum-me is suicide.
You've admitted that my play today has been not just townish but pro-town and scumhunty.
So we can accept that my dayplay will be beneficial for town, yes?

Then you're lynching me for nightplay. Fine. I have a shit role.
But if scum me uses the janitor and we hit scum tomorrow, scumteam is dead in a ditch. In this sort of case, it's almost for sure best to just assume whoever gets lynched tomorrow is town.

My point is that since you guys all know i'm the janitor now, scum-me using the janitor would not actually be devastating for town. The reason I've called my role devastating all game is because it's devastating FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, because using it would completely fuck up my ability to scumhunt. From your points of view, if I use the janitor, I'm just claiming scum and that's that.

Leave me alive. Lynch me D3 if no flip. And cut the paranoia. You know full well this game grinds to a fucking halt if you lynch the most active player and let lurkers lurk.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

You announced early on your role was scummy. I want you dead because I believe you to be scum now. Your "ascetic +NK" into "Ascetic" explanation is BS and untrue. And yeah, I get it, when looking at your role you DO try and think how its going to be used, ans sometimes you make bad assumptions, but that ASSUMPTION should not be EXTRA ADDED WORDS.

You either are town and assumed that ascetic meant you were also immune to NK or
Scum and lied and that's why you added the ascetic +NK

The NK was never in your PM according to you, and you "imagined it there" only the problem is. You looked at your PM extensively for this post:

POST PROVES YOU ARE SCUM.

BECAUSE YOU HAD TO LOOK AT YOUR ROLE PM AND YOU DID NOT CORRECT YOUR "ASCETIC +NK" CLAIM THEN

Geez Wake up sheeple
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Venmar »

here's where im torn

if dino is scum, then his negative isn't a negative since it's pure scum-utility; this means if dino has claimed faithfully and fully, then he cannot be scum since none of his abilities are completely negative from a scum pov

if dino is town, then his janitor claim doesn't add up, in my mind, how it's claimed and worded, because it's a negative than be circumvented by a no-lynch. there can be an argument made that a no-lynch benefits scum, but it avoids the janitorial clean and makes it a very flawed negative ability from a setup design perspective. this makes me dubious that it's dino's actual negative ability and why i think he's lying and just tried to claim the most negative utility he could think of.

as it is i am not putting much weight into dino's play as a form of redemption; dino has been active, yes, but activity is NAI. active scum are more disruptive than active town. i still stand by all of my initial criticisms of dino, and his extreme flailing and desperation to stay alive doesn't sing as town to me. in the words of dino, activity is fakable by scum, and i definitely do not think dino has been inherently townie.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 353, Mathdino wrote:Edit: Okay I'm pulling it up.
Next-day janitor applies to everyone (I literally can't think of a worse ability than this, other than "kill a random townie"; I softclaimed the utter horribleness of fliplessness earlier).
And no, it's a passive 1-shot ascetic. A commuter has the choice. I say "also for NKs" because I've never seen an ascetic that was immune to NKs, so there it is. I can't think of any other utility for being ascetic.
Mother fucker I give the fuck up

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

You guys do wahtever the fuck you want. I dont give afuck. I still think dino is scum.

Games played.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by Venmar »

it's ok vaxx, we can tell them "we told you so" when dino flips scum

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Claiming should be simple. I don't like how it changed part of the way through when people questioned it.

I don't like how dino thinks if he doesnt use his abilities he is town.

Scum dino can keep skating by day in and day out on this 1st day "town" read and just sit on his hands not using and of his abilities and get town read for it. If the gigs up and he starts to see the tides turn... he will use his ability. I would probably use it in his position (depending on other flips) around 3 or 4. But that also depends largely on who is being scum read at the moment and likely wagons.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

@venmar

Like in post 477 I was rolling on some points, then I stumbled onto something I thought was the nail in the coffin. I changed my post around declaring I found it. Everyone now has to listen. But no I fucked it up because I didnt read the rest of the post and now I feel its only going to fucking hurt the dino wagon instead of help it.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Also I really don't know how good of a player (specifically scum player) you are Ven, but there are a few certain points I was worried about you and a few others and I really wanted to see dino flip scum to reaffirm those thoughts.

Games played.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by Venmar »

im a god

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by Venmar »

also i don't really know what you meant in #484 but w/e

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 478, Venmar wrote:if dino is town, then his janitor claim doesn't add up, in my mind, how it's claimed and worded, because it's a negative than be circumvented by a no-lynch. there can be an argument made that a no-lynch benefits scum, but it avoids the janitorial clean and makes it a very flawed negative ability from a setup design perspective. this makes me dubious that it's dino's actual negative ability and why i think he's lying and just tried to claim the most negative utility he could think of.
i don't agree with this.
1) my negative ability is also circumventable. i'm fine claiming this because it tells scum absolutely nothing.
2) no-lynch benefits scum enough (it gives them a free kill, essentially. of course this benefits scum.) that the janitor shot is
not
as easily avoided as you're claiming.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Chara »

lying scum Dino does not claim any of what he claimed. the jailkeep, i'll give. the ascetic and the guess at nightkill-immune? it's terrible as scum. even if you posit the janitor shot is a lie to be negative utility, scum Dino doesn't lie about a passive 1-shot ascetic that he thinks is nightkill-immune. the stumbles aren't scummy, they're NAI screwing up. i'm not referring to "scum don't have this role or claim it as this, it must be town", i'm talking about the way Math claimed. it just doesn't add up.

and yes, i know point 2) doesn't take into account town investigative powers, but a no lynch is still in almost all instances very anti-town. that's just a fact.

i do think Vax is being genuine in his posting.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Napoleon III
Napoleon III
Townie
Napoleon III
Townie
Townie

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:49 am

Post by Napoleon III »

Should I claim?

If so, how much should I claim?

(Flavour, Picks, Neg Utility, Pos Utility, Misc)
Geriatric Alt of Aristophanes

Vive la France!
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Venmar »

^ ill show intent to hammer this as well

Napoleon III
Napoleon III
Townie
Napoleon III
Townie
Townie

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Napoleon III »

In post 490, Venmar wrote:^ ill show intent to hammer this as well
I am asking what you want to know so I can be helpful. If I am still alive in a few hours I can also give final reads after a quick Iso of those I listed earlier and maybe a few others.

I get it. I suck at Mafia. I don't have the time I used to and took on this game foolishly.
I'm going back to retired status after this because I obviously am not in a place in my life where I can actively play anymore.

This doesn't mean I can't give what I can now since I am here, at L-1 near deadline, and can probably provide something you guys find useful!
Geriatric Alt of Aristophanes

Vive la France!
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:03 am

Post by Venmar »

i was just kind of hoping that a player of your experience would know that with less than 20 hours to deadline, with the lynch poised to be either you or someone else, a claim is expected rather than a question that stalls further to deadline

mathdino
- if you don't die, i would like you to use your clean this night.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:04 am

Post by Chara »

hey, no. the janitor shouldn't be used, what?
Ari's town. can we lynch Venmar instead? :>
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Venmar »

i have a reason for asking him to do it but ok

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:38 am

Post by Mathdino »

Absolutely not unless you can promise me on your life that tomorrow's flip will not be hidden.

Like I'm already guessing you're gonna have me use it (or scum is gonna activate it somehow) and you're gonna lynch me, I won't flip, and you're gonna assume I'm scum. No thanks.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:47 am

Post by Venmar »

oh right sorry you've committed yourself to being an un-confirmable vt that will coast the rest of the game, my bad

plssss lynch

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:52 am

Post by Mathdino »

WHY THE HELL WOULD I EVER WANT TO JANITOR A TARGET

HOW DOES THIS HELP YOU IN ANY WAY
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 471, Espeonage wrote:
In post 467, Vaxkiller wrote:You guys are going to fuck this all up. Dino is acting like he just wants to live to tonight so he can use his Janitor. Do not lynch Napoleon today. Lynch DIno
Need to mill this over. It may end up being a slip.
Why?

Re: mathdino possibly janitoring tonight, if he's scum do you think he's telling the truth about action distribution? In fact I'm pretty sure someone arguing that point probably already thought of that. Possible scum push?
In post 477, Vaxkiller wrote:You announced early on your role was scummy. I want you dead because I believe you to be scum now. Your "ascetic +NK" into "Ascetic" explanation is BS and untrue. And yeah, I get it, when looking at your role you DO try and think how its going to be used, ans sometimes you make bad assumptions, but that ASSUMPTION should not be EXTRA ADDED WORDS.

You either are town and assumed that ascetic meant you were also immune to NK or
Scum and lied and that's why you added the ascetic +NK

The NK was never in your PM according to you, and you "imagined it there" only the problem is. You looked at your PM extensively for this post:

POST PROVES YOU ARE SCUM.

BECAUSE YOU HAD TO LOOK AT YOUR ROLE PM AND YOU DID NOT CORRECT YOUR "ASCETIC +NK" CLAIM THEN

Geez Wake up sheeple
zzzzzzzzzz
I've seen town stupidly not state their full role
I mean Mathdino himself saw me oopsie by claiming one-shot rather than novice in a recently ended game
In post 493, Chara wrote:hey, no. the janitor shouldn't be used, what?
Ari's town. can we lynch Venmar instead? :>
Maybe? I'm more inclined on vax than ven currently but I could be convinced. Still feel like Ari's not done enough to make me townread him tho

I feel like Ven has thought his plan through and it might be advisable tbh
Also Napoleon claim all of it, flavor and abilities
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 497, Mathdino wrote:WHY THE HELL WOULD I EVER WANT TO JANITOR
A TARGET

HOW DOES THIS HELP YOU IN ANY WAY
wait what
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”