Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I don't think Gamma is scum. I also forgot that Nero Cain seriously thinks people using nicknames is a tell.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Dunk, what nation are you?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 425, Ranmaru wrote:I also forgot that Nero Cain seriously thinks people using nicknames is a tell.
You forgot but then instantly posted to a game that was 6 years old?

But if you like read that post I wasn't just scumreading you for mispelling my name. At the time, I had caught a scum or two for doing the exact thing. Its like willingly antagonizing a player. My vote for you this game was just me having a bit of fun.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 424, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 422, brassherald wrote:
In post 416, Ranmaru wrote:Brass, why are you sheeping Nero? Can you explain what Nero is voting me for?
I cannot explain why Nero is voting for you. But, I really cannot explain my play without also ruining it right now, I'm guessing I will be able to reveal in about 24-48 hours, but the play is the play.

And now I will not sheep Nero because, as I said before, it's all about wagons.

VOTE: Almost50
literally scumclaim
but gamma's worse
I should be insulted.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Nero Cain
: No, I mean I read that post, and did the same as I did there: I gave you the nick name for fun. Then after I posted it in response to Gamma, I kept reading on to see that we had an argument about it. (I also had some laughs)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 428, brassherald wrote:I should be insulted.
Well, it is kinda odd that you voted not Gamma.

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 430, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 428, brassherald wrote:I should be insulted.
Well, it is kinda odd that you voted not Gamma.
His wagon is too big.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

BTW, I had wanted to ask about this.
In post 222, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 216, Titus wrote:
In post 215, Gamma Emerald wrote:Breaking News: Nero Cain is the one who did the wrong-way association tell
?

@Brass, We can have both no?
He said Dunker's flip would be telling of Koki's alignment when it probably should be the other way around. As such his association is the wrong way. Because of that he is a possible scum rn, but probably the weakest scumread I have.
Why is Koki's flip telling of Dunk's alignment? I don't think it is at all and I think its the worst argument ever. Bu is dumb, you should die for sheeping him.

Like, unless you count
In post 134, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 105, BuJaber wrote:aybe koki's opener is NAI but when dunkerdoodle follows it up by voting koki for host it looks pretty suspicious to me
Shouldn't that say more about Dunk than koki?
I never had a post until recently that said anything about Dunk's flip being AI for Koki (and that's only if Dunk flips scum) and to suggest that 134 is is a bit of a stretch on your part.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 387, Ranmaru wrote:Why Elbirn, Vasoon? Also I have a question addressed to you earlier in the thread. Also, why are you still voting Gamma? Who else is scum?
Elbirn's definitely town, given how he's played this. I don't agree with his backing of Kokichi and I'd feel way more comfortable with Elbirn in the 2 people deciding things than anyone else because I feel he'd actually make democratic decisions rather than ones based on just what he wants. Apologies for missing your previous question, lemme get to that. It helps to bold things. I have a bad habit of skimming hard sometimes or missing posts entirely. I couldn't tell you who else is scum, but Gamma's still my best lead for who may be. When you stay 'still voting Gamma'--did Gamma do anything to exonerate himself or make himself really obviously town?
Ranmaru wrote:
Here is my question. If you felt Koki was scum, why did you choose Dunk as your vote instead of Koki at the time?
When I voted, I thought Dunk was scum propping a candidate more than I was scumreading Koki. When Koki came out hot at me, I felt Koki was for sure scummier and we'd get way better info of a Koki lynch.

In post 391, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 386, Varsoon wrote:@GE: Someone would ask eventually, my guy. It also establishes that it's pretty much NAI for me since it's something I genuinely do regardless of alignment and that I know is a bias I have that has led me to persecute other town players.
What is this responding to of mine?
When you asked why I mentioned what faction Porkens and I were in Maplewood.
You also asked me to elaborate on Kokichi but I've pretty much said entirely everything that informed my read there at different points. If you don't like it, I guess you can lynch me for it, idk.
In post 393, Kokichi Oma wrote:Varsoon, I'd like you to expand on your Gamma read. From an outside view it just looks like 2 OMGUS votes so far.
You really do like using the 'from and outside view' as a phrase a lot, don't you? :P
I mostly don't like Gamma's criticisms and his play feels really lackluster to me. He's quoting a lot of things but not really saying all that much. I feel like a lot of his criticism of me doesn't really justify a scumread on me at all, like it's lacking venom and just kind of stating facts of my play or asking me to elaborate more while voting me. Like the scumread on me is arbitrary.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 426, Nero Cain wrote:Dunk, what nation are you?
celtic hbu
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

germany

Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

thats a nation?
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

oh it is

thats cool
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

if Wikipedia say it is than by god its true

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by Elbirn »

@Varsoon

In post 433, Varsoon wrote: Elbirn's definitely town, given how he's played this. I don't agree with his backing of Kokichi and I'd feel way more comfortable with Elbirn in the 2 people deciding things than anyone else because I feel he'd actually make democratic decisions rather than ones based on just what he wants.
1. Why am I definitely town? What have I done that warrants that?

2. Did you not come around on a townread of kokichi? Why don't you want him as host?
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by Shaziro »

I'm disappointed that Titus kind of responded to my question but AD hasn't been around to do so.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 439, Elbirn wrote:
@Varsoon

In post 433, Varsoon wrote: Elbirn's definitely town, given how he's played this. I don't agree with his backing of Kokichi and I'd feel way more comfortable with Elbirn in the 2 people deciding things than anyone else because I feel he'd actually make democratic decisions rather than ones based on just what he wants.

2. Did you not come around on a townread of kokichi? Why don't you want him as host?

1. You didn't know the mechanics, scum-you would, and I don't buy it's a gambit.
You voted for Dunkerdoodles.
Dropout from the 'host race' doesn't make sense from a scum PoV
You walked away from the Dunkerdoodles vote and then put stock in Kokichi for leader.

No way scum does all that.
Plus I like you.
Bros4life

2. I don't think Kokichi is scum but I also don't trust them as leader. It's that simple. My townread of them comes from understanding them as a player who doesn't see eye-to-eye with my game reality.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Im breaking the RP because i feel like it keeps me from responding quickly to new stuff and it might hinder my wincon.

@Elbirn about Brass: I disliked most of his content, its especially pretty underwhelming compared to the rest of the table. That being said, my mind changed since i made that vote because he's obviously and very heavily softing that his behavior is explained by his role which IMO is not something i think scum just does. He also had that attitude since the very first post so this is coherent with his posting.

Also inb4 anyone try to push that i am fishing for claims, Brass implied something about his role easily 4-5 times since the beginning of the game, if you didn't notice yet then you are just not paying attention, me saying that in this post doesn't help scum as much as it helps town give the guy some space.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Well, I'm scum and I didn't catch that 'cus I'm bad at catching crumbs, so thanks, sucker.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

stop rolefishing Joey.

Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Fucking please, im just sayin'g not to push the guy, i dont want him to claim anything and i prefer if people wouldn't claim their nationality, so i can throw that back at you asking Dunk
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 433, Varsoon wrote:You really do like using the 'from and outside view' as a phrase a lot, don't you?
Yes, because a lot of people don't know how to look at the game from not their POV.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 445, Joey_ wrote:Fucking please, im just sayin'g not to push the guy, i dont want him to claim anything and i prefer if people wouldn't claim their nationality, so i can throw that back at you asking Dunk
What's wrong with Nationality? If I said I was Caesar, would that effect my alignment?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:13 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Not alignement but role imo, its not directly implied in the rules but its very obviously the case
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 441, Varsoon wrote:
In post 439, Elbirn wrote:
@Varsoon

1. You didn't know the mechanics, scum-you would, and I don't buy it's a gambit.
You voted for Dunkerdoodles.
Dropout from the 'host race' doesn't make sense from a scum PoV
You walked away from the Dunkerdoodles vote and then put stock in Kokichi for leader.

No way scum does all that.
Plus I like you.
Bros4life

2. I don't think Kokichi is scum but I also don't trust them as leader. It's that simple. My townread of them comes from understanding them as a player who doesn't see eye-to-eye with my game reality.

1. I don't agree. The rules change wherein host/delegate votes were made permanent AFAIK was a last second rule change sent via pm when the game was opened. Knowing or not knowing this info is strictly NAI. If you feel that's a town tell, why not apply this to others who didn't realize the rules had changed?

Dropping out from the host race doesn't make sense as scum..unless someone's trying to garner town cred. I'm sure in one of the many games of yours I've played you've seen me do such things; I obvtown as either alignment. It's a really easy thing to do. In other words, this should also be strictly NAI.

2. Why not trust them as leader? If you think he's town, you must think he's trustworthy. And with the resolution picking being a democratic process we really just need the host to be someone who won't ratfuck us by unilaterally picking a shitty resolution that no one wants. If it's a question of game skill you should know I'm not the best player, so me as host doesn't logically work either.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”