[SETUP] Two Scoops

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Sukima
Sukima
Watcher
Sukima
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Sukima »

Doesn't that basically make town gain 2 ICs basically once they get a scum lynch? I think if there was enough overlap, it could work as basically another Matrix6 where a scum PR lynch sort of reveals setup but doesn't fully reveal it? I think it also depends on the PRs in the groups.

I don't know if the second idea works unless if you either disallow mafia from picking certain PRs (Basically Vig can't really be a choice, and Mafia Cop is useless) or if there's some VTs layered in there along with less powerful roles.
Sukima
Sukima
Watcher
Sukima
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Sukima »

Actually, what I was thinking was that if cop is a desired town role but a worthless scum role, for the scoop to work properly, you need the other two roles in the scoop to both be powerful roles in scum and less powerful in town hands, otherwise that scoop can only be defined as "Scum takes cop to deny town a cop" or "never pick this scoop". Same reasoning for if there was a powerful scum role but less powerful in town hands (see Vig), where the town roles paired with the Vig would have to be amazing to combat the fact that scum will have 2 NKs when picking that scoop.

Edit: Oops, I forgot the bit where the scoops are randomized from roles. Yeah... you really can't put roles here that are too good in scum hands otherwise they're going to snap pick that scoop if it comes up unless if RNG literally puts the best town roles along with them.
Last edited by Sukima on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sukima
Sukima
Watcher
Sukima
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Sukima »

In that case, you have....

Scum RB vs town rolecop + town cop.
Scum rolecop vs town cop + town RB.
Scum cop vs town rolecop + town RB.

Dunno if I'd pick this scoop as Scum to be honest. The rolecop in town's hands does have issues of differentiating guilties and innos but it's a pretty solid PR hunter, on the assumption that goons turn up as vanilla, and that the setup has goons. Otherwise you either are giving town a RB to combat the NK in scenario 3, have a rolecop to find town RB and town cop in scenario 2, and a RB to protect vs town cop and town rolecop. Actually, on second blush, that doesn't sound too awful, but it depends on the other scoops.

I do agree that the scoops might have to be non-randomized otherwise you get runaway snap decisions.
Sukima
Sukima
Watcher
Sukima
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:06 am

Post by Sukima »

It'd certainly reduce town's ability to snowball if scum's abilities were all factional. Might be a good incentive for things like that cop scoop which might get snowballed on with a guilty on the counter role.

I think we'd just need to come up with good scoops to play with and see if any of them are too good or not good enough. Also wonder if any gamebreaking scoop comboes would arise, things like cop/doc, though admittedly scum would have to opt-in on those and would presumably have tools to deal with those things.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”