Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:36 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1521, Chara wrote:Nero: why are Dan and dunker town?
POE
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:36 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1519, Elbirn wrote:Actually I have a quick thought that I'd like to float and then everyone can shit down my throat for it

Do we think roles are at all related to civs, and if not is there any harm in claiming our civs? Like, how in hell is Brazil an innocent child?
I don't think anyone should respond for this, because it sounds awfully rolefishy. You realize that most anyone who says "Well yes, I think roles -are- related to civs" implicitly gives away that their role is related to their civ, yes? That means that A: They have some kind of PR and therefore know or B: They are a VT and their civ is for some reason just implicitly VT. It's a bad idea, it gives scum information.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:37 am

Post by brassherald »

I would be against everyone claiming their Civs.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:37 am

Post by Shaziro »

In fact I think the one person who -could- respond without issue is Brass, who is already outed. So brass did a good.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1525, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1521, Chara wrote:Nero: why are Dan and dunker town?
POE
need a better answer considering you also have nulls on your readslist.
you're this confident in all of your scumreads?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 1509, brassherald wrote:Jodaxq is in this game?

I literally forgot she was.

Nero, from the normal that is still being discussed, do you remember if Jodaxq lurked around during the shitshow that was day 1?
As I said I've been without internet. Like literally no access to a computer with internet. I didn't even log into the site yesterday. I have an appointment with a technician tomorrow and will hopefully be back up and running then.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:39 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 1530, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 1509, brassherald wrote:Jodaxq is in this game?

I literally forgot she was.

Nero, from the normal that is still being discussed, do you remember if Jodaxq lurked around during the shitshow that was day 1?
As I said I've been without internet. Like literally no access to a computer with internet. I didn't even log into the site yesterday. I have an appointment with a technician tomorrow and will hopefully be back up and running then.
My bad, I forgot.

UNVOTE:
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:40 am

Post by Chara »

i believe you about the internet, Joda, but are you keeping up with recent posts?
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1529, Chara wrote:need a better answer considering you also have nulls on your readslist.
you're this confident in all of your scumreads?
my only nulls are 2 ppl that haven't been here to contribute lol.

I mean, its day 1so I'm prob way wrong but that's mostly how I feel.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

HOW CAN SHE KEEP UP WITHOUT THE INTERNET?!?

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:43 am

Post by brassherald »

Kiana and Joda are going to have a rough time keeping up with this one.

We're getting past 100 pages Day 1, boyos!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:43 am

Post by Chara »

i guess i don't understand the distinction between two players you don't have a read on but are PoE, and two players you don't have a read on but are not PoE.
that said i guess i don't have a problem with it considering how you've answered.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1534, Nero Cain wrote:HOW CAN SHE KEEP UP WITHOUT THE INTERNET?!?
she's responded to someone mentioning her within the hour twice now. it would be very hard to be responding to posts of any kind if one was not reading the thread in some capacity.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:45 am

Post by Chara »

and to be clear, i hate the betelgeuse tell. so don't.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:46 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 1519, Elbirn wrote:Actually I have a quick thought that I'd like to float and then everyone can shit down my throat for it

Do we think roles are at all related to civs, and if not is there any harm in claiming our civs? Like, how in hell is Brazil an innocent child?
I stated that idea day start and i do think we shouldn't out our civs for now. IC for brazil im thinking about Christ the Redeemer? idk
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:47 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 1524, brassherald wrote:I know that the flavor for the Innocent Child was throwing a Carnival, the ability of Brazil in game.
nvm then
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1536, Chara wrote:i guess i don't understand the distinction between two players you don't have a read on but are PoE, and two players you don't have a read on but are not PoE.
I'm saying there are scummier players than Dan and Dunk and thus I am POE town reading them. I am also saying that the Assembler slot and the Joda slot have not been here to contribute and thus I don't have a read on them.

Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:50 am

Post by Joey_ »

About the Kiana replace-in, it annoys me that someone who decides to replace-in after a lurker think its okay to just become V/LA for 3 days. I dont want to be a douche and im not saying that i don't believe Kiana, i just think this should be frowned upon
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:51 am

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 1532, Chara wrote:i believe you about the internet, Joda, but are you keeping up with recent posts?
I've been skimming through this morning before work so I'm sure I've missed stuff. I saw a lot of debate about which resolutions Brass and Titus should pick and I know which options were available. I know the two resolutions we're voting on
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:54 am

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 1535, brassherald wrote:Kiana and Joda are going to have a rough time keeping up with this one.

We're getting past 100 pages Day 1, boyos!
Once I have internet I will absolutely have zero problems keeping up
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Chara »

Nero: it did click how posting without being scummy to you is better than not posting at all. thanks.
i do think Dunker is scummy, especially with the lack of Creature meta knowledge. his reads in general are also all very backwards to mine.

Joey: i don't think it's awful. one can't really plan their V/LAs. if Kiana's town i'm excited to see what she'll do once caught up.

pedit: thanks. :>
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1524, brassherald wrote:I know that the flavor for the Innocent Child was throwing a Carnival, the ability of Brazil in game.
In post 1528, Shaziro wrote:In fact I think the one person who -could- respond without issue is Brass, who is already outed. So brass did a good.
Yeah really my question should have been "well brass how does that make sense"

And given his answer I'd say we should keep our traps shut, I redact my previous question
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Part of me thinks that a Dunker scum would be smart enough to know not to question the scum read on a universally scum read buddy. Also, I'd have to believe that Bujaber is scum and thats a brave new world that I might not want to live in.

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:04 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1504, Shaziro wrote: Reading that exact phrasing, it makes me think the mafia have a roleblocker, also called a prostitute sometimes. Maybe my mind is in the gutter, fuck if I know. I'm fine with banning this.
In post 1520, Shaziro wrote:Do you disagree with my interpretation of the wording, Elbirn?

[Ban Luxury ~ Silk] - Silk often appears in inappropriate and undesirable situations, and is associated with some of the worst kinds of people around the world. Assign delegates supporting or opposing a temporary Ban on Silk. This resolution may not be enacted consecutively.

@Shaz, reading the above: no idea how you get anything role indicative out of the above. Frankly I imagine that every luxury ban proposal is written out to make the luxury in question sound morally reprehensible and awful because that's why you would ban something. Silk is bad because something about murdering silk worms and destroying the environment, crabs are endangered, gold requires exploiting poorer nations. It's flavor.

Assuming that it's something to do with prostitutes, a role I've never even seen, is kind of stretching it.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:06 am

Post by brassherald »

Shaziro, do you play Town of Salem?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”