Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:19 am

Post by Chara »

part of me is annoyed that Venmar set us all back in favour of his own abilities (guaranteeing the rest of town has no useful PRs for night 2), but i don't want to call him scum for it. i'd still say he's town even if i disagree with the decision.
hunkering down tonight to work through this.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Votecount 2.2

Mathdino(3)
~ (4), (6), (5)

hebichan(1)
~ (1)

Not Voting (8): Sir Elton Hercules John(1), CooLDoG(0), Gamma Emerald(5), SleepyKrew(3), hebichan(0), Chara(7), pirate mollie(1), Vaxkiller(0)

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2018-03-21 07:15:00)
green shirt thursdays
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Chara »

i'm probably going to see if it's possible to call Mathdino 100% lock town. if not i'm ok with lynching him.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Venmar »

i think i can make up for my global roleblock next night. potentially. debatable
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:37 am

Post by Espeonage »

Your issue banner is that scum know you are the only roadblock target.

You probs dead barring crosskill attempts.
Don't @ me.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:47 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 547, Chara wrote:this may be contingent on a Math flip, but i'll call Venmar town.
I've been townreading venmar as well. He seems to be active in the game, concerned about who is getting lynched, and is scum hunting. ALl of that reads town to me.
In post 551, Espeonage wrote:Two deaths and no possibility of vig means someone was probs pgo or its multiball.
ditto to this. This set-up is super swingy, so I don't think any of thes two options are outside of the realm of possibility.

@venmar, why global roleblock d1? what is the point of that? I mean, everyone has to use their negative abilities first. I guess the calculation is that there are more town than scum, so on the net blocking the first round of negative abilities helps town... seems logical. Although, it does deny town set-up information (but I guess it also does this for scum). I'd like to know your rational for using the global roleblock early, as opposed to later, provided of course you are the person who did it.
In post 557, Espeonage wrote: However considering how Math played around his own claim, the survivalistic AtE or whatever he was spinning looks worse under that light.

Vote: Math
I agree with this, I still don't like math's play later in the day. However, town also have motivation not to get lynched. And I'm also weary of your wagon hop from yesterday. But yes, still not a big fan of mathdino.
In post 559, SleepyKrew wrote: universal block could've been a factional ability instead of a personal one
this is true, but that would be quite strange tbh. It would have to be a 1-shot factional ability, and if this is the case it would certainly not be town, for town does not have factional abilities thus, if factional, then scum.
In post 563, Mathdino wrote: does it only target negative abilities? clearly didn't affect the 2 kills

having trouble seeing how town wins if they decide to just default lynch me every day
i had better wagons available but it took right up until the deadline just to lynch a nullslot so lynching my scumreads wasn't an option
VOTE: hebichan
leaving this here for now
1)obviously the roleblock would not affect factional abilities. Also, there is a question of if the roleblock would change the status of a PGO, so I'd be more inclined to read it as a Multi-ball, although we would need to know the specifics of the roleblock to determine it. IF it only targets negative abilities, then PGO is still a valid possibility. Athough, on a strict read of the rules, pgo would not be active as a passive/self ability until a negative was used. So, for these reasons, I'm more inclined to a multi-ball set-up

2) A lot of people still think you are scum and it is day2, so I don't lnow what you are talking about town losing if they try to lynch you.

3) What the hell is up with the hebichan vote, case pl0x, or did I miss something yesterday?

In post 565, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 543, Chara wrote:whoever roleblocked me, i hate you and all you stand for.
Probably a scum ability
I was also blocked
almost worth a cara vote because you have to use your negative ability first, so I don't understand why you would be pissed about this... :shifty:
In post 567, Venmar wrote:it was a global roleblock that blocked every action that wasn't factional. i thought n1 was the best time to use it since i'd be blocking only negatives from town rather than possible positives. that said i understand i set-back town 1 night since y'all all probably still have your negatives to use. it's an extremely negative ability but i think it was worth using, i don't know, i was super fucking conflicted about it from the time i got my pm
this logic comes from town imho. Seems like the best rational use of it, given the fact that there are more negative town abilities than negative scum abilities as I previously mentioned. Venmar is hard town. Although the fact that this is a negative ability makes me question how negative these abilities really are...
In post 575, Chara wrote:part of me is annoyed that Venmar set us all back in favour of his own abilities (guaranteeing the rest of town has no useful PRs for night 2), but i don't want to call him scum for it. i'd still say he's town even if i disagree with the decision.
what the hell are you smoking?
vote: chara

for this reason:
In post 1, xRECKONERx wrote:
SYMMETRIC ABILITIES
Spoiler:
Each role in the game was given a "negative" ability, a "targeted" ability, and a "passive/self" ability.

ABILITY USAGE
Spoiler:
You may not use your "targeted" or "passive/self" abilities until you have used your negative ability.
It should not impact any positive town abilities.
after a wank.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:21 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 573, Venmar wrote:
In post 555, pirate mollie wrote: kublai's flip was unexpected. he looked scummy af and so did his predecessor.
this is an incorrect assessment. kk was hella town. if anything you were one of the few people (aside from dino and deathnote) that he clashed with briefly.

i also don't think this is multiball since i don't think reck would be evil enough to multiball a 15p game but i also have no explanation for the second kill since i don't know much about factional abilities in this game

Varsoon
- can you answer my question in #552 please
no he wasn't. name 1 townie thing he did and omg didn't he take over a slot that was super scummy? I don't remember saying anything about that slot in the prevs day round. it suuuure is easy to call some1 town after they flip town huh

Spoiler:
In post 580, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 547, Chara wrote:this may be contingent on a Math flip, but i'll call Venmar town.
I've been townreading venmar as well. He seems to be active in the game, concerned about who is getting lynched, and is scum hunting. ALl of that reads town to me.
In post 551, Espeonage wrote:Two deaths and no possibility of vig means someone was probs pgo or its multiball.
ditto to this. This set-up is super swingy, so I don't think any of thes two options are outside of the realm of possibility.

@venmar, why global roleblock d1? what is the point of that? I mean, everyone has to use their negative abilities first. I guess the calculation is that there are more town than scum, so on the net blocking the first round of negative abilities helps town... seems logical. Although, it does deny town set-up information (but I guess it also does this for scum). I'd like to know your rational for using the global roleblock early, as opposed to later, provided of course you are the person who did it.
In post 557, Espeonage wrote: However considering how Math played around his own claim, the survivalistic AtE or whatever he was spinning looks worse under that light.

Vote: Math
I agree with this, I still don't like math's play later in the day. However, town also have motivation not to get lynched. And I'm also weary of your wagon hop from yesterday. But yes, still not a big fan of mathdino.
In post 559, SleepyKrew wrote: universal block could've been a factional ability instead of a personal one
this is true, but that would be quite strange tbh. It would have to be a 1-shot factional ability, and if this is the case it would certainly not be town, for town does not have factional abilities thus, if factional, then scum.
In post 563, Mathdino wrote: does it only target negative abilities? clearly didn't affect the 2 kills

having trouble seeing how town wins if they decide to just default lynch me every day
i had better wagons available but it took right up until the deadline just to lynch a nullslot so lynching my scumreads wasn't an option
VOTE: hebichan
leaving this here for now
1)obviously the roleblock would not affect factional abilities. Also, there is a question of if the roleblock would change the status of a PGO, so I'd be more inclined to read it as a Multi-ball, although we would need to know the specifics of the roleblock to determine it. IF it only targets negative abilities, then PGO is still a valid possibility. Athough, on a strict read of the rules, pgo would not be active as a passive/self ability until a negative was used. So, for these reasons, I'm more inclined to a multi-ball set-up

2) A lot of people still think you are scum and it is day2, so I don't lnow what you are talking about town losing if they try to lynch you.

3) What the hell is up with the hebichan vote, case pl0x, or did I miss something yesterday?

In post 565, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 543, Chara wrote:whoever roleblocked me, i hate you and all you stand for.
Probably a scum ability
I was also blocked
almost worth a cara vote because you have to use your negative ability first, so I don't understand why you would be pissed about this... :shifty:
In post 567, Venmar wrote:it was a global roleblock that blocked every action that wasn't factional. i thought n1 was the best time to use it since i'd be blocking only negatives from town rather than possible positives. that said i understand i set-back town 1 night since y'all all probably still have your negatives to use. it's an extremely negative ability but i think it was worth using, i don't know, i was super fucking conflicted about it from the time i got my pm
this logic comes from town imho. Seems like the best rational use of it, given the fact that there are more negative town abilities than negative scum abilities as I previously mentioned. Venmar is hard town. Although the fact that this is a negative ability makes me question how negative these abilities really are...
In post 575, Chara wrote:part of me is annoyed that Venmar set us all back in favour of his own abilities (guaranteeing the rest of town has no useful PRs for night 2), but i don't want to call him scum for it. i'd still say he's town even if i disagree with the decision.
what the hell are you smoking?
vote: chara

for this reason:
In post 1, xRECKONERx wrote:
SYMMETRIC ABILITIES
Spoiler:
Each role in the game was given a "negative" ability, a "targeted" ability, and a "passive/self" ability.

ABILITY USAGE
Spoiler:
You may not use your "targeted" or "passive/self" abilities until you have used your negative ability.
It should not impact any positive town abilities.

in what way does it NOT effect positive town abilities when it sets the use of positive abilities back a night? my target ability isn't SUPER useful but a lot of info can possibly be gained from it. I am not sold on venmar being town like other pple. and even if he is town he used his ability selfishly IMO. his death tunnel on math seems forced and his shade throwing from the peripheral at me is gross.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:24 am

Post by pirate mollie »

ugh broken broken tags, and I am too lazy to fix them but if any1 is unclear about what I am saying here feel free to ask me about it
whew!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:28 am

Post by Chara »

Cooldog, do you have any idea how the game works? roleblocking all of our negatives is bad because it means none of us can use them to get access to our useful powers for night 2.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:37 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 583, Chara wrote:Cooldog, do you have any idea how the game works? roleblocking all of our negatives is bad because it means none of us can use them to get access to our useful powers for night 2.
depends if use is indexed to sending in the pm for the actions or if it is actually resolved. This I am unclear on.

@mod, clarify the requirement for usage of nagtive abilities. If someone's nagtive is roleblocked, then can they use their positive ability the next night
after a wank.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Chara »

those who tried to use abilities last night were all informed of that by the mod. that's why i was upset. i don't remember who, but someone besides me already said that.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Venmar: Oh, his counterwagon flipped town.
I also kinda want to lynch everyone specc'ing multiball on D1.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:43 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 585, Chara wrote:those who tried to use abilities last night were all informed of that by the mod. that's why i was upset. i don't remember who, but someone besides me already said that.
my negative ability can only work on night 2 at the earliest, thus this is my confusion.
after a wank.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:50 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 200, xRECKONERx wrote:
Votecount 1.8

Mathdino(4)
~ (10), (22), (19), (15)

Gödel(4)
~ (22), (4), (18), (6)
Vaxkiller(1)
~ (4)
SleepyKrew(1)
~ (9)
hebichan(1)
~ (19)
DeathNote(1)
~ (12)
CooLDoG(1)
~ (7)
Assemblerotws(1)
~ (12)

Not Voting (1): Assemblerotws(3)
So at this point I think for reasons outside of VCA itself, Cooldog and Venmar are more likely to be town. Varsoon's jump on is bad in retrospect. SKrew seemed to be early wagon shopping, which is fine.
The Godel wagon jump-ons were also bad from Hebi/Gamma in particular, but I've gone over this. UT's seems NAI.
In post 294, xRECKONERx wrote:
Votecount 1.10

Mathdino(4)
~ (10), (26), (25), (21)

Espeonage(4)
~ (23), (30), (29), (4)
Kublai Khan(2)
~ (35), (8)
Vaxkiller(1)
~ (6)
hebichan(1)
~ (25)
Gamma Emerald(1)
~ (8)
CooLDoG(1)
~ (8)
Assemblerotws(1)
~ (14)
Espeonage's wagon starts as a counterwagon/chainsaw wagon to my own, further indicating my wagon was largely (unfortunately) town motivated. I'd be surprised if everyone on the Espeonage wagon was town.
We also see a nice spicy DN vote on hebichan while hebi avoids major wagons and goes after the other Godel-wagon.
In post 406, xRECKONERx wrote:
Votecount 1.11

Napoleon III(5)
~ (39), (50), (38), (10), (31)

Mathdino(5)
~ (23), (33), (26), (33), (17)
Espeonage(2)
~ (31), (5)
Kublai Khan(1)
~ (9)
CooLDoG(1)
~ (13)

Not Voting (1): (21)
Here it's crunch time. Scum would avoid last-minute pile-ons to me due to the embarrassment/suspicion from my townflip. Death of DN and KK (and Napoleon) shows Mathdino wagon was at least in large part town driven. So I'm thinking scum on Napoleon wagon at this point; alignment informed, didn't want to be caught lynching me. Vaxkiller piling onto me for godawful reasons later on is also likely town.

Napoleon wagon at this time was {Gamma, SKrew, hebi, Varsoon}. SKrew still seems okay to me. Varsoon voting pattern in retrospect is still bad; sets himself up for two mislynches in a row.

I think you guys get the point. There's very likely scum in {Gamma, hebi}, both of whom displayed some level of alignment-informedness toward my slot.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 585, Chara wrote:those who tried to use abilities last night were all informed of that by the mod. that's why i was upset. i don't remember who, but someone besides me already said that.
me and someone else, think it was one of the v's
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Varsoon »

I was blocked for sure. My negative utility requires that I really trust another player, which is why I wanted to get it out of the way as early as possible when we had the highest number of town alive and more people I could trust.

If it's between Hebi and Gamma, Hebi's the scum, then.

VOTE: Hebi
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Excuse me what
Mathdino I had a point I was interested in lynching you but I never acted on that desire because I was still pressuring Godel with my vote
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:10 am

Post by Mathdino »

So why give that up to go wagon Espeonage when Godel had done nothing worthy of unvoting?

Still scumreading hebichan over you but yeah.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 592, Mathdino wrote:So why give that up to go wagon Espeonage when Godel had done nothing worthy of unvoting?

Still scumreading hebichan over you but yeah.
I'd given up on Godel at that point
<Embrace The Void>

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:30 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 584, CooLDoG wrote:
@mod, clarify the requirement for usage of nagtive abilities. If someone's nagtive is roleblocked, then can they use their positive ability the next night
A negative utility ability must be successfully used in order to use future abilities.
green shirt thursdays
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

Fuckin told you guys
I told you guys
You guys
I told you.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

And when did I tell you guys
Like 3 pages in
I told you guys
Like 3 pages in
In post 73, Varsoon wrote: ...did you miss the whole part where I explained that, if this setup is cleverly designed, then scum definitely have the ability to just force us back to our negative abilities.
Even if that's not the case, then there could just as easily be something that punishes us if scum can guess who has used their negative ability/is being affected by their own negative utility.
I think the whole point is that all of our negative utilities will be somewhat capable of being noticed if scum are really keen about it, but we can effectively 'hide' if we've used them.

Even if there is literally nothing scum can do to mechanically punish negative utility use, simply by knowing who has and hasn't used their negative utility, they can keep tabs on who has enabled their positive PR parts of their role, which gives scum a clearer idea of who to kill from a purely mechanical standpoint.
But nooooo
No one listens to Varsoon
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 581, pirate mollie wrote:no he wasn't. name 1 townie thing he did and omg didn't he take over a slot that was super scummy? I don't remember saying anything about that slot in the prevs day round. it suuuure is easy to call some1 town after they flip town huh
man, mollie, this just reads as extremely awkward. why doubledown on scumreading a dead town player? acknowledging that you thought they were scum is fine, but what is the purpose behind telling me to read their posts and find them scummy? this behaviour doesn't add up in my head. also,
In post 581, pirate mollie wrote:it suuuure is easy to call some1 town after they flip town huh
man, it would be a real fucking shame if i in fact did openly townread kublai before his flip...
oh wait,
In post 345, Venmar wrote:
townlean:

deathnote
kublai khan
vaxxkiller
i did, lol. awkward....

also taking that moral high-ground of "lol easy to call them town NOW, huh", even when you're wrong, is odd

--
@Varsoon

In post 586, Varsoon wrote:@Venmar: Oh, his counterwagon flipped town.
I also kinda want to lynch everyone specc'ing multiball on D1.
this doesn't add up in light of posts like this:
In post 392, Varsoon wrote:GOD DAMN IT MATH DINO,
YOU ARE TOWN, RIGHT?
FUCKINNNNN AAAAH
In post 402, Varsoon wrote:VOTE: Napoleon

Yeah god damn it, math is town, I'm gonna die by this.
In post 431, Varsoon wrote:There's literally no reason for scum dino to lie anyway given that every role was made before alignments were decided.
If anything, him being truthful about his claim, as scum, earns him more capacity to be townread because 'scum would never claim that'.

Regardless, I've thrown in the towel on this one and totally have just rolled over and accepted math = town.
If I'm wrong, fuck me, I guess.

Man, if I designed this setup, I'd give scum the factional ability to automatically make people's negative abilities resolve. That'd be a cool way to counter people claiming 'em but not using 'em. :P

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:49 am

Post by Venmar »

varsoon what is your read on me btw

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm reading you as Venmar.
Actually, I resigned you to being town awhile ago

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”