Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 1798, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 1794, Joey_ wrote:
In post 1790, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 1787, Joey_ wrote:
In post 1784, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 1778, Joey_ wrote:Hm, what do you think is inherently anti-town/scummy about my early RP ?
Your early RP allowed you to look funny and likeable while giving yourself an excuse to not post anything of substance. That was pretty scummy, though I thought you were kind of funny.
Yea im a funny dude but that was the wrong answer. My posts had substance, i pushed my agenda, outed reads, scumhunted, gave my impressions about pushes and so on. I wouldve understood if you thought that the format of RP was opaque (and it was), if anything thats the only scummy thing about RPing is that is keeps ppl from reading you correctly. But i had plenty of substance. We will see tomorow if i wanna rope you or not
Your RP-ing allowed you to obfuscate your so-called substance in a way that they could have easily been posted as scum as they would have as town. I saw the "substance", but I don't believe scum would have been incapable of posting that in such a manner.
Hey true! But why didnt you say so, you said it felt like a poor excuse to no post substance, yet now you say that 'i did post substance that could easily come from mefia' !! not the same thing lady
Read again. I said that RP-ing gives yourself an excuse to not post substance. I didn't say you didn't post substance. :roll:

It's like a "Get out of Jail Free Ticket", which is a very scummy ticket.
Fun tickets are often scummy tickets
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1795, Shaziro wrote:Like, fucking hell. I was hoping to get a read off a response to that.
if you say something that doesn't make sense, other players are probably going to say something. and it was a statement, not a question, to begin with. pedantic that may be, there's no reason to be upset. i'm trying to read
you
, too.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Kiana Kaslana
Kiana Kaslana
Mafia Scum
Kiana Kaslana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by Kiana Kaslana »

In post 1800, Joey_ wrote:
In post 1778, Joey_ wrote:Hm, what do you think is inherently anti-town/scummy about my early RP ?
Your early RP allowed you to look funny and likeable while giving yourself an excuse to not post anything of substance. That was pretty scummy, though I thought you were kind of funny.
Yea im a funny dude but that was the wrong answer. My posts had substance, i pushed my agenda, outed reads, scumhunted, gave my impressions about pushes and so on. I wouldve understood if you thought that the format of RP was opaque (and it was), if anything thats the only scummy thing about RPing is that is keeps ppl from reading you correctly. But i had plenty of substance. We will see tomorow if i wanna rope you or not
Your RP-ing allowed you to obfuscate your so-called substance in a way that they could have easily been posted as scum as they would have as town. I saw the "substance", but I don't believe scum would have been incapable of posting that in such a manner.
Hey true! But why didnt you say so, you said it felt like a poor excuse to no post substance, yet now you say that 'i did post substance that could easily come from mefia' !! not the same thing lady
Read again. I said that RP-ing gives yourself an excuse to not post substance. I didn't say you didn't post substance. :roll:

Dear Prime Minister of *****,

Lady Kiana believes that you are a fun player and would like to invite you for some tea and biscuits in her peaceful Nation. Lady Kiana would also like to give you some advice on how to be fun without being scummy. We hope you will accept our invitation.

With warmest regards,
Lady Kiana
Kiana Kaslana
Kiana Kaslana
Mafia Scum
Kiana Kaslana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by Kiana Kaslana »

Shaziro + Klazam = Shazam!

Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Dear Lady Kiana,

While we are enthusiast at the idea of cracking a biscuit with such a respectable lady, you might be omitting that having fun while being scummy.. can be fun in itself.
We obviously accept the invitation.

Kindly,
Prime Minister of ******
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Calling klazam klazoum help me not mix these two
Kiana Kaslana
Kiana Kaslana
Mafia Scum
Kiana Kaslana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by Kiana Kaslana »

Chara, do you have any more questions for me?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1802, Kiana Kaslana wrote:Dear Prime Minister of *****,

Lady Kiana believes that you are a fun player and would like to invite you for some tea and biscuits in her peaceful Nation. Lady Kiana would also like to give you some advice on how to be fun without being scummy. We hope you will accept our invitation.

With warmest regards,
Lady Kiana
DON'T DO IT. It's A TRAP!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Chara »

ah, probably not right now. i'm heading to bed. thanks for the answers! i'm happy you're caught up now.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Elbirn »

You know we hammered without even seeing the resolutions pass and what they would have done this day phase. So that's cool. Gg ez..

Anyway if creature flips scum and I'm not alive tomorrow to bring it up, this is a reminder to all of you that Gamma was real shifty about the creature wagon earlier and you should put the squeeze on him. Actually in general if I'm dead tomorrow I hope you all heed my wisdoms I've said lots of good stuff and I'd hate to be a non participant after death.

Speaking of which Joey is town leave him alone white haired anime lady
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1752, Klazam wrote:Nero's general behavior has been antitown.
explain.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Kiana Kaslana
Kiana Kaslana
Mafia Scum
Kiana Kaslana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by Kiana Kaslana »

In post 1808, Chara wrote:ah, probably not right now. i'm heading to bed. thanks for the answers! i'm happy you're caught up now.
Yay! <3

Okay, I'll head to bed too. Let's see what exciting things happen tomorrow.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by Chara »

wait, i did ask why you were townreading me. but it's not priority. i'm sleeping now. good night! :>

pedit: Kiana's townreading Joey, Elbirn. you've got that backwards.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1809, Elbirn wrote:You know we hammered without even seeing the resolutions pass and what they would have done this day phase. So that's cool. Gg ez..
This is kinda funny considering you called me a dick for telling ppl to hurry up and vote and now you are fussing at ppl for not voting.

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1813, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1809, Elbirn wrote:You know we hammered without even seeing the resolutions pass and what they would have done this day phase. So that's cool. Gg ez..
This is kinda funny considering you called me a dick for telling ppl to hurry up and vote and now you are fussing at ppl for not voting.
...No I'm fussing at people for voting, not for not voting. Don't worry nero I also fail at reading comprehension for example look above
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

im p sure the resolutions still pass as long as they have more heal than hurt votes.

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by Elbirn »

They will both pass but I wanted to see them take effect today and see if we got any information out of that. Like "you have banned silk! The floor is now lava!" And we would have been like "oh Jesus fuck who could have predicted this who is the asshole who voted for this"

Course maybe I'm dumb and we wouldn't have gotten anything idk
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1795, Shaziro wrote:Like, fucking hell. I was hoping to get a read off a response to that.
What exact response were you expecting? I literally said that before the post. This whole sequence looks forced as hell. Welcome to my nullscum pile.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1816, Elbirn wrote:They will both pass but I wanted to see them take effect today and see if we got any information out of that. Like "you have banned silk! The floor is now lava!" And we would have been like "oh Jesus fuck who could have predicted this who is the asshole who voted for this"
Yeah... Okay....................
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1818, Kokichi Oma wrote:The floor is now lava
GET THE FUCK OFF THE GROUND!

did all kids pretend that the floor was lava? I remember me and my brother would do it in the living room thus I loved the Community episode that did it.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Hello Kiana. Tell me more about your Titus town read. I'm liking Elbirn more off of this page. I think Marshy tends to prefer less 'presence' in general. In fact he advises myself to do so, to be able to observe more and let things flow naturally rather then force interactions. Tonally and meta wise, I get town vibes from Marshy.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:09 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I townread klazam now. I just don't think scum would have such an overlapping scumlist as mine.

UNVOTE: in case this isn't twilight

Kiana's posts are pinging me somewhat. Something about her reads seems forced as in she felt she needed to comment on specific people.

At this point actiondan lurking has to be suspicious.

I have a weird feelint that dunk is scum but other scum are using him as bait to make a case on people or at least shade them. Does that make sense? Like hey buddy why are you townreading dunk you shouldn't be townreading dunk you must be scum. Something just seems off there.

Nero is either scum or he voted like that just for the lolz as it has no effect. I don't think there's any other explanation. Using it as some sort of trap is stupid and he isn't stupid.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:21 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 1821, BuJaber wrote:Kiana's posts are pinging me somewhat. Something about her reads seems forced as in she felt she needed to comment on specific people.
Can you be more specific? Quote and underline if you can.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1821, BuJaber wrote:I just don't think scum would have such an overlapping scumlist as mine.
He couldn't be scum that's sheeping you?

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:56 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1754, Kiana Kaslana wrote:Oh snap, Creature got hammered even before I returned.

Fortunately, our dearest hosts aren't around. This allows me to sneak in a couple of posts before the thread gets locked.

Confirmed town: Brassherald, Kiana
Townreads: Titus, Varsoon, Chara, Dunkerdoodles, Joey,
Town leans: Kokichi, Nero, Ranmaru, pidgey, Almost50
Null: Jodaxq, ActionDan,

Possibly scum, since they have posted and I don't have a townread on them: Elbirn, Bujaber, Shaziro, Klazam, Gamma Emerald
I have an active scumread on them: Marshy
The confirmed town line is not needed at all. But when there's an IC people generally feel the need to have that stated. Like "oh okay brass is confirmed town I'm paying attention". This isn't AI but the absence of such a statement makes me leaning towards town because I think scum can't resist making this post because they are thinking about how they look.

3/4 of the people she knows are townreads with the 4th being a townlean. Also with the exception of chara I feel that koki, titus and varsoon have all been controversial somewhat so she'd have attracted questions if she didn't comment on the controversial people she obviously knows from previous games. That said, these people didn't really have wagons on them that didn't fizzle out.

As opposed to some on her possible scum list. I find it really suspicious that she can have confident townreads but when it comes to gamma who has posted a looot she's sort of sitting on the fence. But she had to mention these people because like she said we've been posting she can't not comment or people will ask questions.
In post 1759, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 1756, Chara wrote:talk to me about marshy and dunker if we have time?

pedit: have you played a large theme before, Kiana? this is basically how it always is.
Yes, I have time, I'd be happy to talk to you Chara. It's only an issue of whether we get stopped by the hosts if they come online.

I don't like a majority of marshy's posts, they seem actively trying to stay under the radar. However, I'm not very sure about my scumread on him, but he's my top pick for scum at the moment.

Dunker seems town, I don't see any reason to scumread him.

I'm in a couple of ongoing Large Themes. It doesn't matter about the size of the game, I'm usually able to lock down scum easily regardless of size, as you've seen what I did to Dunnstral in Purgatory, and I'm alarmed that I don't have any leads here, even though there are likely 1) More Scum and 2) More Content.

Her top scum pick, and in fact only one that is actually a scumread she isn't even sure about?? And then she claims she's good at locking scum down. May be true but in this game she's mostly given townreads.

No good reason to put dunk as a townread instead of null or 'possible scum'. Her reasoning for 'possible scum' is people she couldn't townread. So she must have found something that makes her townread dunk right?
In post 1773, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 1771, Chara wrote:you have dunker in a category with players i'm townreading, i'd like to know why you're confident there. how you're reading me would also be good to know, though i'm less interested in that.

pedit: i think Dunker was openly avoiding Creature's wagon. i actually don't know if scum would be so blatant about it.. there were other things i don't like but i can't remember right now.
Alright, that's true, maybe Dunker is the odd one out in that list, I recall some people were scumreading him earlier in the game, but I didn't agree with those scumreads. As far as possible most of his posts seem town to me on a tonal level, although, I am hoping this isn't another repeat of the ZZZX situation where I mis-townread someone based on hindsight-proven weak reasons.

I don't think avoiding Creature's wagon is scummy. Scum on Creature's team would have known that Creature's lynch was almost inevitable and be hard-pressed to bus. Also, someone who didn't know Creature's meta would find it difficult to differentiate Creature's alignment-indicative lurking from other lurking players like Joda and ActionDan.
The part about creature seems rather obvious to me, doesn't need to be said but again someone who caught up would feel the need to comment on the creature wagon. But he was absent from the readslist so why talk about him now not there.
In post 1802, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 1800, Joey_ wrote:

Dear Prime Minister of *****,

With warmest regards,
Lady Kiana
Don't get the point of this post. But the post explaining her joey reads is a good post and I could see it from a townie.
In post 1803, Kiana Kaslana wrote:Shaziro + Klazam = Shazam!

Don't get the point of this.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”