Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So I'm not done checking yet but I think I know one scum based on MD's town implosion theory: SleepyKrew. Votes a null lurker for quite a while, also calls me his greatest scumread with no effort to push it ever. Most likely scum who wanted an easy wagon and didn't want to shift attention to themselves by changing the wagon state.
VOTE: SleepyKrew
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 649, hebichan wrote:Actually, I had sort of forgotten about it, but I never really dropped my scum read on gamma.

I never liked his responses when I called him out.

I feel like continuing my wagon from day one.

VOTE: gamma
let's go then.

vote: gamma Emerald

better hope he don't flip scum math.
after a wank.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 622, Varsoon wrote:Sorry brudah, I'm town this time.

I can also literally prove it, if you give me time.
feel free to prove it anytime
In post 628, Chara wrote:can players townreading CoolDog tell me why? difficult to explain at the moment, i'll take a better look tomorrow
mainly just a lot of mirror telling in general; cooldog built my initial case on dino for me before i even had a chance to do so myself. even more recently and relevantly, though, i'm townreading cooldogs push on elton john since, again, he mirrored me on my thoughts when i iso'd elton myself. i think his effort is town-motivated, though admittedly some of my feelings on cd is gut orientated, but he is probably one of my more comfortable townreads and i'll sit on it for sure for now.

i'm currently in a state of mind where cooldog and chara are the only townie players and everyone else i'd be fine with combusting, and it's not healthy for me
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by Venmar »

actually in retrospect i might be fine with sidelining both gamma and hebichan as tentative townreads for now. i initially wanted to scumread hebichan for his inconsistency regarding his read on gamma, but from his attitude i think i might be ok with writing it off as just genuine absentmindedness rather than scummy behaviour. gammas brief sparring with cooldog last page is also enough for me to feel better about the slot i think, mainly gut though

i think our scum lynchpool today should be between mathdino, varsoon, sir elton john, and sleepykrew, probably in that order of preference, though varsoon and elton are interchangable
In post 648, CooLDoG wrote:<snip>
unfortunately this analysis of gamma seems overanalised, even if it's coming from what i'm reading as townie intentions on the part of cooldog.

@Mod: If it hasn't been so already, can we get a prod on the Trodded Tripod?

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Venmar »

just to be clear i think i do agree with cooldog that one of math or gamma is scum, but i'm very sure that dino is the one of the two that is scum, and if there is a flopping scum-hopper between the two wagons i think varsoon is the bigger culprit than gamma in that regard.

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:27 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Going to reread this whole game (which shouldn't be too hard) while also trying to sleep early tonight. So probably half the game tonight half when I wake up.
To be clear: quack
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Well, I'd be able to prove it today, but a certain buttface global blocked.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:08 am

Post by CooLDoG »

varson, was reading your iso until I had to pack-up for traveling reasons. Found these two posts early d1 that I would like your comment on.
In post 60, Varsoon wrote: I also imagine the scumteam has some capacity to keep our negative utility abilities from popping off and letting us all go into having positive utility abilities/passives.
So I'm kind of against claiming if only because if I designed this setup, scum would definitely have a factional ability to revert up to two players a night back to their 'need to use the negative ability' state.
Right, it does seem reasonable for you not to claim your negative ability, or any ability for that matter, early in the game before n1 (actually probably n2 in this game due to the positive abilities being broken out. HOWEVER, I'm interested to know what you think of Vinmar given this previous sentiment of thinking that such a global roleblock is a scum factional ability.... It is also notable that Venmar was one of your strong early d1 town reads, and I'm wondering if his claim is what made you change your mind or something else.
In post 73, Varsoon wrote:
Even if there is literally nothing scum can do to mechanically punish negative utility use, simply by knowing who has and hasn't used their negative utility, they can keep tabs on who has enabled their positive PR parts of their role, which gives scum a clearer idea of who to kill from a purely mechanical standpoint.
+1 to this post. This seems to be clearly correct, and someone should claim the use of their negative ability if and only if it effects a large swath of the town or, perhaps, if it directly implicates them as scum to another player (i.e. a fake guilty to someone, like a reverse mason sort of thing) and they are pushed to do so. As you correctly note, scum know that venmar is the only player who, presumably, has access to a positive ability at this point. Which is unfortunate in some respects, because there is no doctor wifom. Although potential multi-ball still presents a sort prisoners dilemma for the two scum teams.
after a wank.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:22 am

Post by Venmar »

All things considered i don't expect to survive n2. everyone should treat me as conftown at this point

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

I feel like I know nothing this game. I guess I'm still townreading Venmar.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:07 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 653, Venmar wrote:
@Mod: If it hasn't been so already, can we get a prod on the Trodded Tripod?
He let me know he was going to be out of town until Sunday.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:09 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Votecount 2.4

Mathdino(2)
~ (18), (7)

hebichan(2)
~ (13), (15)
Gamma Emerald(2)
~ (3), (15)
SleepyKrew(1)
~ (16)

Not Voting (5): Sir Elton Hercules John(1), SleepyKrew(5), Chara(12), pirate mollie(4), Vaxkiller(4)

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2018-03-21 07:15:00)

Espeonage has been prodded.
green shirt thursdays
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:44 am

Post by Espeonage »

Apologies. Will do something more substantial once I get to work.
Don't @ me.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:05 am

Post by Venmar »

this game is truly a pinnacle of activity and scum must be lulzing as they coast
In post 657, CooLDoG wrote:It is also notable that Venmar was one of your strong early d1 town reads, and I'm wondering if his claim is what made you change your mind or something else.
pretty sure this is a typo but i'm compelled to fact-check this since varsoon hard scumread me d1, didn't mention a townread on me till this day

In post 659, Varsoon wrote:I feel like I know nothing this game. I guess I'm still townreading Venmar.
i guess i cant blame someone for feeling lost in this game but why is this the case for you? im currently broken on the fact that you (Varsoon) were quite active and 'helpful' early d1 and then just kind of receded into... being the opposite of both of those things? i feel like you definitely should "know more" than just townread me.

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 663, Venmar wrote:this game is truly a pinnacle of activity and scum must be lulzing as they coast
Literally my point all day

Do you have any read on the lack of apparent scum trying save me or hebichan

Cuz I'm inching toward literally lynching every single lurker slot
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

My lynch flipped green and now I don't feel motivated at all.
Then the guy I was gonna push as scum today also flipped green.
So it's like
"Wow you're totally wrong about everything Varsoon"
and I dunno.
It's just a bummer. I need some time to really get my wits about me.
I gotta assume part of why I was allowed to live was because I had really useless reads.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 664, Mathdino wrote:
In post 663, Venmar wrote:this game is truly a pinnacle of activity and scum must be lulzing as they coast

Don't lynch lurkers, lynch the ones that don't give a shit about changing the gamestate, like Sleepy who has me as his greatest SR yet does not care to push it ever, and decided to votepark on a null lurker.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:11 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 664, Mathdino wrote:Do you have any read on the lack of apparent scum trying save me or hebichan
i don't think that there's enough of a momentum on either of you to warrant "saving" yet.

not sure what to make of varsoon's response there but i think he's really committing to the "defeatist" narrative even though i don't think it makes much sense here. his attitude reads as apathetic scum unsure of direction right now since i think from town-varsoons point of view there clearly should be something to go off of.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Varsoon »

What's the clear thing, Venmar?
Lynch you because you claimed a global roleblock?
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by Venmar »

hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by hebichan »

I don't think we should really be lynching based on claims here, all the roles are NAI.

I think the clear varsoon move is to start voting on something to pressure. But what do I know.

What are your thoughts on Gamma, SK, Me and Math?

Cause right now your read on venmar is rather unimportant, there's no way I would lynch the slot and I think most people are in the same spot.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 670, hebichan wrote:I don't think we should really be lynching based on claims here, all the roles are NAI.
an observation we should all take into consideration.

Also, like hebi also notes, it would be a good idea to start pushing shit at some point, let's
not
let deadline creep up on us and have to speed lynch some shit with a claim from the dark.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

the lurkers are:

hebichan
Sir Elton Hercules John
Chara

in my estimation. Lynching a lurker is not the worst idea, with the best of course being sir elton. For reasons already specified which he conspicuously doesn't address and does nothing to remedy (no scum hunting)
In post 666, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Don't lynch lurkers, lynch the ones that don't give a shit about changing the gamestate, like Sleepy who has me as his greatest SR yet does not care to push it ever, and decided to votepark on a null lurker.
But there is the theory point that inactive game-states hurt the town, and that lynching a lurker inevitably leads to some of them ending up in lylo, usually scum ones because wagons on them are harder to push. And, Elton is guilty of something that Hebi is not, and that of course not even trying to play the game. *shrug* I go where my scum reads take me though. And I really want to lynch the claimed janitor bullshit or you instead. But elton is my lurker compromise to ya'll if your team wants to lynch one of the other teams' squad...

@varsoon:
he "Well, That Sucks" Tell

The general form of this tell is "a player who comments on the outcome of a night when that outcome was detrimental to one or more factions is very probably scum".

This tell usually appears when a no-kill night occurs (or a low-kill night in a game with many killing roles) or when one or more major power roles is NK'ed.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... dard_Tells
after a wank.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Useless tell, I'm town.
Again, I can mechanically prove it.

That tell is maybe more useful in an Open or non-role madness game. I think literally everyone in this game would want to get their negative abilities out the way so they could use their positive utility sooner.

Anyway, I'm townreading you, Venmar. Sorry for not voting you, I guess? If that makes my actions inconsistent with the logic I laid down earlier, guess I'll just have to be a loser like that.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Lol even in rolemadness that tell can be used
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”