Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1845, marshy wrote:VOTE: actiondan

YEEHAW

lets GO bois
Why
I don't recall much from this game cos it's been a bit since I've paid attention to it but wasn't I voting you before I voted Creature?
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:20 am

Post by Shaziro »

Fucking called it on Varsoon, he was trying to communicate to the other scum team. Also, we know there was a Domination and a Science mafia, and that Boudica was spreading a religion, so I am fairly sure there is a Religion victory mafia that likely wins when something like half of the living players are their religion or something. If you get religiously converted and are notified, announce it for god's sake...no pun intended.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:22 am

Post by Chara »

how many different ways to win are there in Civ 5? i know domination, science, religion, and culture.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:25 am

Post by Shaziro »

The only other one is time, when the game hits a set number of turns it ends and the civ with the most points wins.
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:26 am

Post by marshy »

In post 1850, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1845, marshy wrote:VOTE: actiondan

YEEHAW

lets GO bois
Why
I don't recall much from this game cos it's been a bit since I've paid attention to it but wasn't I voting you before I voted Creature?
stop asking me dumb questions and help the town. you think i have the time/shits given to look up your voting record when i hav bigger fish to fry?

smh. any1 who played with gamma a lot have a worthwhile read on him? last time he shitposted and played dumb he was scum but im not sure if his d1 slapfight with dunk was staged
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:30 am

Post by Chara »

i was trying to think about how many mafias there could be and why domination and science are there in particular, after your idea about religion, and why they would be singled out. but i suppose even domination/science is arbitrary.
ok, i'll stop speccing, it probably isn't helpful. especially considering i don't know this game. i'm not sure if there would be another faction whose win condition is dependent on a mafia ability, especially one where the effect isn't clear.
it's interesting, though. thanks.

pedit: i've been townreading Gamma, have played with him a lot but i don't remember if he was ever scum.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:36 am

Post by Shaziro »

My best bet is that there is a Town religion spreader, a Mafia religion spreader who has no win condition involved, and then a Mafia religion spreader who -does- have a win condition for their team involved, or possibly a team of like 2. That would mean that they could spread equally fast to the other two, in fact, and since the other two couldn't coordinate it would be in favor of the two who could. Makes their objective to find and kill the other religion spreaders while still spreading their religion, makes for an interesting mechanic, and is exactly the kind of thing I would expect to see in a Civilization Mafia theme game.

ALSO: Fuck everyone who said I was reaching when I made comparisons to the Prostitute role and the banning silk, not only did the fucking flavor for that ban being enacted mention sex workers, but CREATURE WAS A MAFIA ROLEBLOCKER WHICH IS ALSO CALLED A PROSTITUTE. 10/10 predictions, let's go!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1856, Shaziro wrote:My best bet is that there is a Town religion spreader, a Mafia religion spreader who has no win condition involved, and then a Mafia religion spreader who -does- have a win condition for their team involved, or possibly a team of like 2. That would mean that they could spread equally fast to the other two, in fact, and since the other two couldn't coordinate it would be in favor of the two who could. Makes their objective to find and kill the other religion spreaders while still spreading their religion, makes for an interesting mechanic, and is exactly the kind of thing I would expect to see in a Civilization Mafia theme game.

ALSO: Fuck everyone who said I was reaching when I made comparisons to the Prostitute role and the banning silk, not only did the fucking flavor for that ban being enacted mention sex workers, but CREATURE WAS A MAFIA ROLEBLOCKER WHICH IS ALSO CALLED A PROSTITUTE. 10/10 predictions, let's go!
Idk the religion victory condition you described sounds like it would work for a 3p as well.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:41 am

Post by Chara »

i think the epicmafia flavour for scum roleblocker is hooker, so yes.

i'm going to keep thinking two scum until there's more evidence for that, but it does seem very fun. three scumteams would be a nightmare, though.
i'm more interested in Elbirn's crumbs, though. i'll ISO him when i'm less lazy but i think that post feels relevant. Venmar's answer too.

i had marshy as leftovers yesterday but i like how he's opened the day. i need to go remember my own reads.

pedit: that too.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What I'm curious about is who took Varsoon's word for multiball and who told him he was wrong
also interesting is Klazam is very likely spewed not scum with Varsoon
<Embrace The Void>

marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:46 am

Post by marshy »

In post 1858, Chara wrote:i had marshy as leftovers yesterday but i like how he's opened the day.
i wont settle for anything less than being deemed the main course baby
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:47 am

Post by Chara »

i had Klazam as unlikely scum with Dunker/Creature. i forget interactions with Varsoon.

i also thought it was multiball after his explanation. i'm disappointed that i townread that, but i think he did a good job of it.

pedit: hahaha. consider yourself microwaved.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:54 am

Post by Shaziro »

VOTE: Almost50 What're the odds I went 4/4? I vote we find out.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1862, Shaziro wrote:VOTE: Almost50 What're the odds I went 4/4? I vote we find out.
idk but I'd love to try
<Embrace The Void>

marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:03 am

Post by marshy »

In post 343, Almost50 wrote:
In post 338, Ranmaru wrote:I'm liking Kokichi. I don't mind if he were an alternative to Chara as host. Question: How many scum are we assuming is in this game/setup?
Usually 5 is the standard, but could be 4 or 6 depending on powers. It could also be like 13v4v4 if it's multiball, but I don't think Venmar does that to me in my first game under him.
yo

im PRETTY sure this post was before venmars multiball spec. meaning a50 would b the first one to float the idea i thread. i dont like the slot regardless and i think this is a tell of having inside info

almost50? more like most definitely scum

VOTE: almost50
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:04 am

Post by marshy »

definitely100%scum*
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:06 am

Post by Joey_ »

i fucking called varsoon scum
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1864, marshy wrote:
In post 338, Ranmaru wrote:I'm liking Kokichi. I don't mind if he were an alternative to Chara as host. Question: How many scum are we assuming is in this game/setup?
Usually 5 is the standard, but could be 4 or 6 depending on powers. It could also be like 13v4v4 if it's multiball, but I don't think Venmar does that to me in my first game under him.
yo

im PRETTY sure this post was before venmars multiball spec. meaning a50 would b the first one to float the idea i thread. i dont like the slot regardless and i think this is a tell of having inside info

Yee, he was alignment informed you say, makes sense imo
VOTE: Almost50
btw before we get too headstrong we have another host election it seems
HEAL: host: brassherald
<Embrace The Void>

Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:11 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 1846, Chara wrote:
In post 1809, Elbirn wrote:Anyway if creature flips scum and I'm not alive tomorrow to bring it up, this is a reminder to all of you that Gamma was real shifty about the creature wagon earlier and you should put the squeeze on him. Actually in general if I'm dead tomorrow I hope you all heed my wisdoms I've said lots of good stuff and I'd hate to be a non participant after death.

Speaking of which Joey is town leave him alone white haired anime lady
so, really unclear if this is Elbirn crumbing he'll target Joey or target Gamma. i'd have personally picked a townread with that role, but the way Elbirn specifically mentions being dead it sounds like he's trying to communicate a guilty. thoughts?
or if he was just nightkilled and town is responsible for one of those scum deaths instead of it being a crosskill.

pedit: yeehaw.
lol honestly Elbirn just basically claimed that he protected me, i might be biased but this looks quite obvious.

He basically said that he softed his night target
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:11 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 1851, Shaziro wrote:Fucking called it on Varsoon, he was trying to communicate to the other scum team. Also, we know there was a Domination and a Science mafia, and that Boudica was spreading a religion, so I am fairly sure there is a Religion victory mafia that likely wins when something like half of the living players are their religion or something. If you get religiously converted and are notified, announce it for god's sake...no pun intended.
same, u my buddy
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 1867, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1864, marshy wrote:
yo

Yee, he was alignment informed you say, makes sense imo
VOTE: Almost50
btw before we get too headstrong we have another host election it seems
Theres no point to keep voting brass, as long as he WC
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:16 am

Post by Joey_ »

Also lol @ shaziro for the Dunker read, that was such a lucky guess imo for his 2nd post but well done. I just assumed that the behavior was too stupid to be scummy
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:16 am

Post by pidgey »

LOOOOL at opening post

If we lose the game we are the worst! I like how we are doing though
-----------------
Sup
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:17 am

Post by brassherald »

At work so limited posts during lunch. Told you Dunk was scum.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:A50
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”