Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #53 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:30 am

Post by Chara »

was going to excitedly vote for Bujaber for his post on Elbirn, but it no longer feels original. :<

Titus, why are you so desperate for everyone to be posting content and only content on page 2? we've barely started and no one's really being spammy. your complaints take up as much space as what you're complaining about.

let's have a chill game.

VOTE: Bujaber anyway.

pedit: well alright then.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:37 am

Post by Chara »

exactly what i was going to say, again. also to call those voting Gamma for it weak or scum. it's one, small wall. and a posting style.

i don't anything about Civ or politics Shaziro, but let's... do the embassy thing. friendly relations!

VOTE: brass
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:41 am

Post by Chara »

In post 57, Titus wrote:being so close to a hostile neighbor who is insane and some would say as part of me prevents being chill. second, i don't care if content and only content but I don't want to see spam/non-sense that does nothing particularly while praising lack of spam or walling. Even jokes do something.
i don't think Shaziro's post was close to spam or nonsense.
but i really don't feel like arguing about something so petty, and i doubt it's AI.

pedit: i know there isn't a mechanical thing here, Shaziro. i just can't do the political/history word drop thing. disappointing.

Dan: i do love seeing players committed to a crusade against a particular behaviour, who don't care whether it's AI or not. that's always fun!
a little happier with my brass vote after that post, too. just a little.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:43 am

Post by Chara »

Titus: i don't care about Gamma. i think Dan's reasoning was bad and brass following him on it worse.
i have noted your spin on the situation.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Chara »

i could tell you, but i feel as though you could figure it out. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:02 am

Post by Chara »

Dan: yes, actually.

brass: your timing did look like you were following it. what's scummy about the content?

pedit at Titus: that's really it. all he did was a filler wall. it's not an especially exciting bite. brass's vote was notable because it came after both you and Dan said you didn't like the post.

Joey: there's nothing objective about mafia. though, what exactly are you saying here?
also, why Varsoon?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Chara »

In post 70, Titus wrote:Agreed. Shaizro for instance disagrees with the missive I sent to Germany. However, Shaizro does not attack me for the missive. That is what is puzzling about Chara. Chara seems particularly invested in protecting Gamma.
you think i'm attacking you? or are you referring to brass and Dan? i'm not scumreading Dan right now.

you are, again, shifting my presumed focus to Gamma. i really don't to spend the game arguing with you if you're town. it's very tiring and not fun.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:19 am

Post by Chara »

we don't get exciting things by sitting and going "hmm", Titus. we get exciting things by going out there and doing something about it.
these
are patterns
you
should be familiar with.

and you know what irks me? is that you keep saying i'm defending Gamma because it's the first conclusion that came into your head, and you refuse to consider the possibility of other reasons.
but i'm not playing this game. i don't want another Undertale. vote me if you like, but i'd rather work with you if it's possible.

anyway. tired of that.

Joey: you're being clear.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:26 am

Post by Chara »

blah. Titus is possibly town for this but i don't want to make a rash judgement. she can be a townread, though.

pedit: that's fair, i suppose. we are different players. applogies for bring up things in my last post.
i'm not sure who i want to host. i considered Varsoon but i don't love his Kokichi vote. though it's possible Varsoon just doesn't know Kokichi, as he's easy to scumread.

Shaziro hasn't actually done anything worth townreading, but i kind of want to anyway.
i wouldn't mind hosting. i'm not the best at mechanics but i can do well if i try.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:29 am

Post by Chara »

In post 83, Almost50 wrote:HEAL: Almost50

No better place on the planet to host the congress. Trust me.

VOTE: Koki

One of those days I'm gonna guess your alignment right.
show me you're town and i'll consider it, Almost. though that isn't really your style.
talk to me about Kokichi? so far i haven't seen anything particularly AI from him.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Chara »

he could definitely be scum, sure. i don't have any particular reason to think he's town yet. he's just very odd in his playstyle and gets wagoned frequently, but i'm pretty sure i can read him given enough time. sort of.
i can understand others voting it.

pedit: Titus, for the love of all that is holy, stop reading my prod posts as defenses. i'm trying to read Almost.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (isolation #11) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:35 am

Post by Chara »

and also Kokichi. if Almost has something good i want to hear it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:54 am

Post by Chara »

for the record, what i can actually see is Almost posting town Almost things. that doesn't really translate to him
being
town. ;>
but he does want to be townread, and that's interesting to me.

Kokichi is actually my best vote for town, too, based on his string of posts. i can go into detail... later. if i feel like it.
Varsoon's behaviour towards him is really not something i agree with. i don't think Kokichi's done anything to warrant it. but it does point somewhat towards a town Varsoon.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 195, brassherald wrote:The fact that you used your vote without knowing this troubles me.
so you believe that he didn't know that using his vote was permanent, and it bothers you that he voted because he didn't realize it would be?

Almost: alright, point. i did ask you to show me you were town. other players who aren't me scumreading you isn't anything new, though. but i suppose i can see your frustration in being typecast as scum.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Chara »

he doesn't want to lynch Kokichi. he's commenting on those who chose to vote dunker instead of Kokichi. not that i agree with his logic.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (isolation #15) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Chara »

Kokichi i saw your question, i'll respond in a bit. if i forget it's just that Almost hasn't done anything to make me want to scumread him, and even voting you despite not knowing how to read you is something he could do as town.
Varsoon: take whatever i say with a grain of salt since i've never played with scum Kokichi. this weird play is completely in line with danganronpa mafia (like they really feel identical, though this time i don't have confirmation he's town), and i think everything he's done has made
sense
from the POV of someone who is Kokichi. his appeals all feel really similar as well. i might check the scumgame he mentioned, though. Kokichi, shoot me a link to that?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:08 am

Post by Chara »

busy yesterday, sorry about that.

: votes are permanent, i know you know that. "why not just vote" is not a helpful question. :>

VOTE: Varsoon
hot take.

not entirely caught up. re: Creature wagon, he's going to be obvious eventually whether there's a wagon on him or not. it really doesn't matter. if it's irl i'll give him a few days.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:09 am

Post by Chara »

In post 479, Nero Cain wrote:Jesus fuck stop rolefishing, joey.
do you know what rolefishing is. vote him or stop complaining.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:15 am

Post by Chara »

i took a lot at Kokichi's scumgame earlier. i'm not great at metaing games i'm not in, but from this game i do like Kokichi. don't really feel towncasing someone not up for lynch, and i like Titus or Kokichi for secondary host.

HEAL: brass

i forget how to do larges. or why i joined this.

can players townreading Varsoon talk to me about that? i think i've gotten somewhat capable of finding town Varsoon, but i've never seen scum him and i can't find what i like from Varsoon's towngame. the focus on Elbirn is bugging me, and i don't know if i buy his confidence or how he came to the conclusion.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Chara »

#Shaziro for world president.

don't know if scum Nero votes me like he did. he might not have as much experience with me recently as i'm thinking, though.
i get a townfeel from his general abrasiveness even if i don't like most of his reads. maybe not the best measure. i should put more actual effort in.

i really don't think Kokichi is as big of a liability as you're all making him out to be. but i'm townreading both him and Titus and, and i know Titus can make a decision that won't suck.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:34 am

Post by Chara »

marshy, how are you reading Nero now?

now that i think about our games together, i'm pretty sure my last game with Nero was on my Not Chara account, so i can't exactly count on scum Nero knowing my current meta.

should everyone who knows Ran have him conftown by now? i certainly don't know him, but the game hasn't been on for that long.

pedit: i assumed marshy had played with both Gamma and Ran together a few times. otherwise that does make no sense. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Chara »

...i sound like Gamma? first i've heard of that.

am i really playing like lynchbait to you, pidgey? i mean, i haven't been putting in as much effort as i
could
have, but i'd hope i'd gotten past where i could be considered easy pickings.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:00 am

Post by Chara »

In post 604, pidgey wrote:For example, a lot of players are engaging you on questions and show a general interest in talking to you, despite you not really doing anything to stand out like kokichi or gamma. So I think that could be scum buddying or trying to catch you on the wrong foot OR town just being town and looking for scum.
oh, alright. i thought you were just calling my play not great. i wasn't insulted, but i was considering putting more effort in so as not to give that impression. excellent, now i no longer feel like doing so!
(a joke.)

i don't really know if that's AI. i know plenty of players here and i also happen to be an absolute delight.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:05 am

Post by Chara »

also pidgey's on my townlist. i'd thought his "oh no, i didn't know he was IC" looked kind of over the top and faked, but the scum motivation for that didn't hold up.
also is just town.

regarding Klazam scum, i don't have a problem with it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:06 am

Post by Chara »

just remember
why
i'd been avoiding larges. haha.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Chara »

alignment indicative!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (isolation #26) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 714, Dunkerdoodles wrote:can u explain why u scumread me so i can defend myself
this post reads like something someone would say to make fun of a scum player attempting to get a case they can then defend against without coming right out and saying it.
it's beautifully meta, and i almost don't want to scumread it.

i think Dunker not doing much to be considered towny is a great reason to wagon him, honestly.
Klazam for the same reason, though i could say there are aspects of Klazam's posting i'd call scummy rather than simply "not towny".

pedit: are you townreading Dunker, Joey?
peditx2: haha.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (isolation #27) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Chara »

do you think it's multiball, Dunker?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 726, Varsoon wrote:P-EDIT:
Yaaaay Chara
<3
does this mean i can have the pizza you just dropped. <3

honestly, most of that besides the Venmar mod-meta went over my head. i struggle to understand why this mechanic is overpowered for singleball, but i also don't really know how big of an impact these resolutions are going to have on the game. we haven't seen any yet. i believe it, though.

pedit: Almost, exploding threads are more fun! :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 728, Dunkerdoodles wrote:that was random

i wouldn't be surprised if it was tbh based on the nature of the game
but
i usually assume it's singleball until something comes up that might mean it's multiball ie. 2 nks
my question was random? it was because of Varsoon's posts on the matter.

and your Joey vote. i was thinking if it
was
multiball, Joey's supposed assumption you're town wouldn't really matter, since he wouldn't know your alignment.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (isolation #30) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Chara »

for what it's worth, i also think Dunker seems very nice from what i've seen. i don't think Joey was calling you mean, Dunker. that's different than not being charismatic.
and trying to get an easy mislynch on you while also saying you're scummy as either alignment just seems... counter-intuitive.

pedit: Chara is right again! (we're ignoring the vote on the IC. i blame him entirely and so does he.)
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by Chara »

UNVOTE:
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (isolation #32) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 739, Shaziro wrote:I can’t decide if Varsoon’s recent contributions feel more like town trying to analyze, or scum that has at minimum a pretty good idea that it is multiball and is trying to communicate to the other team.

Thoughts from my townread friends?
scum in multiball should 100% know it's multiball, is my opinion. perhaps there's some room for uncertainty if the scumteam is incredibly beefed up, but i've not seen a setup like that.

not scumreading Varsoon anymore. not just the multiball spec, though i like the way he presented that.

pedit: coordinating kills?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (isolation #33) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 742, Almost50 wrote:But I can't read through them, so...

Also, have you tried to solve my riddle yet? It should become too handy of you do.

P.S. Don't share the answer of you do solve it. Let the others make their own deductions.
tried and failed. i do appreciate your continued faith in me despite my numerous failures.
i can't even decode your PR crumbs when we're in hydra together, let alone whatever this is. :<

but i'll continue to do my best to figure out whatever your angle in this game is.
also, i believe pidgey is town and don't love the reasoning for your vote.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (isolation #34) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by Chara »

Joey: i don't know enough about scum multiball strategy to agree or disagree with you on that in particular. but, thanks for the answer.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (isolation #35) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by Chara »

Shaziro: that's an Almost tell. sort of a towntell but something he could do as scum, no problem, provided he came up with the claim in advance. Almost does all sorts of things with his crumbs and it's almost always some sort of harebrained scheme.
where exactly did i mirror your thoughts? Varsoon did bring up scumteam coordination, that's where i got the idea about the kills.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (isolation #36) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 749, Almost50 wrote:@Chara: OK...

UNVOTE:

Who do you think I should vote? (Hint: Not you, Nero, Dunker or ran)
how much are you townreading me?

first, tell me why not Dunker. i don't have any good scumreads yet. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (isolation #37) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 756, Dunkerdoodles wrote:chara do u tr or sr me
i feel as though it should be obvious i don't townread you, but i suppose my last post on the subject was rather vague.
i'd be fine with a wagon on you.

Varsoon: i appreciate the explanation and the numbers.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (isolation #38) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:15 am

Post by Chara »

hey Kiana! <3

Joda: are you caught up yet? because it looks like you've just glanced at whoever isn't voting to ask a question that can be answered by reading the game.
also is bad.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (isolation #39) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:30 am

Post by Chara »

oh. my apologies, i did miss that Ranmaru was the one who brought it up.
though i still don't like 925 or Joda's followup interest in why. if she's not caught up it seems like a pointless thing to say and there more for a token than anything else.

Ranmaru: i think Klazam could be scum, and Creature should be confscum if he doesn't start playing the game. i'll lend my vote when i feel like doing so.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (isolation #40) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:31 am

Post by Chara »

brass: are you asking me why Joda is scummy?
pedit:
VOTE: Creature
haha.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (isolation #41) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by Chara »

explain why Nero's obvtown, dunker.

have you missed all of the posts highlighting how cut and dry Creature's meta is?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (isolation #42) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 994, Ranmaru wrote:Chara, thank you for responding to my question by the way. I also liked your previous avatar! :) Would you like to talk reads, or have any questions for me?
oh, sure.
i don't know if i have any questions for you specifically. i'm pretty happy with where the wagons are right now, and when it comes to solving i think i'll do better when there are less people in play. but i did promise to put some effort in, so i'll see if i have anything more useful to add right now.

as for my avatar, i've simply gone back to my old one. Alluka was temporary. thanks for the compliment, though. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (isolation #43) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 999, Dunkerdoodles wrote:even if creature is scum there has to be a least 1 busser

if it's multiball though then that changes things
if Creature's scum, i'd say it's a certainty there's someone bussing him, because it's Creature. i used to be skeptical, but it really is that easy to tell.
do you have anything to say about all of the players saying this is his scum meta? are you just ignoring it?

pedit: so you're not happy with it right now, but you also might join it later?
considering the likelihood of multiball, i really doubt any wagon that's actually possible to lynch is going to be "pure".
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (isolation #44) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by Chara »

blah. i've typed and retyped this enough. Titus, could you find somewhere else to focus? i think you're both town and that Kokichi's style is just one that grates on you. by all means continue your discussion with him but i don't know if i see it going anywhere based on this.

pedit: i'd rather Elbirn was not the host.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (isolation #45) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by Chara »

he's not going to swing anywhere if we don't get on with the vote. what are you waiting for?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (isolation #46) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Chara »

i feel as though talking about my thoughts on you and asking others how they're reading you constitutes saying something.

i don't think you're obvtown, so i was wondering why dunker held that opinion.
why am i scum, Nero? besides for commenting on your question.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (isolation #47) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by Chara »

was convinced Titus was scum for similar seemingly nonsensical opinions in previous games. we were both town.

Titus goes into her questioning with obvious presuppositions, and it's frustrating to deal with but for her it's not a scumtell.

pedit: i'd also like to get the election done so we can discuss resolutions. the numbers work if everyone votes brass and he then picks the runner-up, don't they? so let's do that. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1072 (isolation #48) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:27 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1051, BuJaber wrote:If creature is obvscum why lynch now?
there's no reason not to lynch scum if you have scum.
flipping Gamma because a lot of players have talked about him sucks.
Klazam is likely scum but if he's town he might be able to show it somehow, meanwhile Creature is just scum.
and justifying a scumread on Gamma after he's flipped town is the same as justifying one while he's alive.
i've seen this sort of opinion from town often enough, but it still doesn't make sense to me.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (isolation #49) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:40 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1031, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1022, Chara wrote:why am i scum, Nero?
Sans the Creature vote all your votes are on town. lol I look at your ISO and nothing really jumps out at me other than the fact that you seem to be calling alot of ppl town while being pretty lax on calling ppl scum and when you do it seems like its always "I agree with this person/I don't disagree with this wagon" it all seems very go with the flow and avoiding making waves.
so 2 of my 3 votes were on town. incredible.
you've played with me before, but it's been a while and it's not like i really know your play either. townhunting is how i do things.
don't have much to say to the rest because taking a backseat is my preferred style. but i suppose i can see you coming to this conclusion, i've heard it before.
thanks for the answer.

Joey: i missed you saying Nero was obvtown, then. can you go into it or did you already?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1075 (isolation #50) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:43 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1048, Klazam wrote:VOTE: gamma

Pointing out softclaims with no reason, posting generally makes me uncomfortable, and being around for awhile without casting the host vote for Brass, these are the reasons. Im on page 37.
why is stalling the host vote scummy, and why is pointing out softclaims scum as opposed to anti-town?

speaking of, about Gamma: i liked his awkward reaction to Almost's declaration to sheep.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1076 (isolation #51) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:52 am

Post by Chara »

Almost is town. i'm maybe 80% sure. :>

Dunker/Creature/Klazam/Joda are on my list, but it bothers me they're all low... not activity but low impact. i like my townreads, though. the one i'm least confident in is probably Gamma.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (isolation #52) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:31 am

Post by Chara »

i agree somewhat, that the Creature lynch is not as informative as it could be. it's like lynching a cop guilty. i don't think anyone would be arguing for leaving a guilty alive. perhaps it's different for players like Titus who don't want to rely on meta or players who just don't know him.
i am reminded of the "town winrates go down when scum is lynched day 1" theory. it's interesting.

would still rather lynch essentially confirmed scum. seeing a scum role would be useful to tell us about the setup and remove a night factor. i've waited to lynch scum Creature before on the insistence of other players and it didn't really help anything because he doesn't post.
i guess leaving him alive would be fine if a vig shoots him.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1116 (isolation #53) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:36 am

Post by Chara »

looking at the number of players who plain don't know Creature's meta, i don't think the lynch is as uninformative as it's being made out to be, either.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1119 (isolation #54) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:42 am

Post by Chara »

i was taking real life into account, Titus. Creature is posting elsewhere. even when he's town and lurkish he still does something. as scum he basically does nothing at all.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (isolation #55) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Chara »

1) not sure about size. i'm sure it affects his posting. a large wouldn't make him into a non-entity as town, though. even a Creature who can't keep up. it's not about activity, he can be active with fluff.

2) absolutely.

if he does
anything
within the next few days i'm not lynching him. that sounds silly but it's true.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (isolation #56) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:03 am

Post by Chara »

i assume that means you can see i read your arguments and/or i am convincing? :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1129 (isolation #57) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:43 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1127, BuJaber wrote:Anyway..
Any thoughts on Kiana? Anyone played with her before?
everyone she said hello to in her first post.
why Kiana? she's been V/LA and has not done anything.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (isolation #58) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Chara »

alright. it's not just yesterday i'm referring to, but ok. glad you have your internet back.
catch up and/or do something and i'll see you're town, no problem.

pedit: also that.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (isolation #59) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:52 am

Post by Chara »

brass: you shouldn't talk about ongoing games period. i'd rather know why Bujaber is interested in Kiana, not you, though. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1161 (isolation #60) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1147, Shaziro wrote:posts like this are the reason I townread Chara so goddamn hard. We have the -exact- same thought process for this.
let's play a game called "am i townreading Shaziro for a good reason or am i just being hard pocketed".
Klazam/Almost partners is interesting but i don't remember the post, i'll look. i do still think Almost is town, though.

pedit: between Klazam and Nero i think Klazam is more likely. and Creature being scum would take care of the "one wagon must be scum". though in this case i believe there are two. i really doubt all of them are, though it's possible.
why not Klazam?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1229 (isolation #61) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Chara »

Klazam: Kokichi's reasoning for that is right there in the thread. are you just being contrary?
it makes sense.

pedit: that. i'm not particularly worried about letting Creature slip away, because there's no way that will happen, but best bet for scum should always be the lynch. information lynches are almost always on active players and it's just not a good value in the long run in the first place.
Creature wasn't posting before his internet went out, either. if he picks up while we do resolution things i'll move off the wagon, not before.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1236 (isolation #62) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:38 am

Post by Chara »

why doesn't scum Kokichi want to vote you but is happy voting Creature? it's a difference, sure, but i don't know if it means anything.
and Kokichi's saying to ban gold is pretty obviously in response to brass's explanation, so i don't see why him saying so has you fearful enough you want to just not do what he says on principle. it just seems unhelpful.

pedit: i'm having trouble scumreading this.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1406 (isolation #63) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Chara »

i don't know what any of these resolutions actually do nor anything about Civilization. hopefully the information we get to vote on is something i can parse because at this point i just want to see it
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (isolation #64) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by Chara »

i know how to read Varsoon. i just have to be wrong about him at least three times first. i think. i can't remember how many games we actually have together.

pedit: hahaha. i also have a good townread there, but i wouldn't say i mistrust him. i like playing with Kokichi.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1412 (isolation #65) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Post by Chara »

everything Kokichi is doing just feels so natural to me. his timing and his consistent pressing on everything and the
why
of those pushes and assertions all seem to be very clear, and i'm not really seeing any obvious attempts to curry favour. and the little roleplaying that's there is all game-related.
it's mildly notable he isn't doing the Kokichi thing very much, but i don't know if it means anything considering how much roleplay is connected to thread environment and not alignment.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (isolation #66) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Chara »

a jailkeep is a roleblock + kill protection. it doesn't make the target ascetic.
though i'm not sure a resolution would count as an action to begin with.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1418 (isolation #67) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by Chara »

I wonder if you consider me a friend, Kokichi.

Spoiler: Potentially Offensive

Edited for decency, but left here for transparency. The connotation of this image originally read "Nazi" to me, and my understanding has been corrected somewhat. If you'd like to discuss this further, do so in post-game. ~M
Last edited by Maestro on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1419 (isolation #68) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by Chara »

i replied in PM to Maestro, but as it's shown here i would like to say it's not Nazi symbolism and i don't joke about Nazis. it's a red armband, and while i admit i did not make the connection because that and Nazi imagery, i am certainly not joking about fascism. thanks.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1427 (isolation #69) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by Chara »

that "of course" just made my night. good night everyone. :>

pedit: me three. except replace mildly with "completely".
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1444 (isolation #70) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:14 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1436, Nero Cain wrote:
@Chara
I must be overlooking it but I'm pretty sure you made a post about not knowing what these resolutions mean and not knowing anything about Civ. And an earlier post about not liking larges?

Weren't you in the other Civ game, did you learn nothing? Why did you join this game?
if you played a mafia game about Pokemon, it wouldn't help you learn the type chart.
i joined this game because impulse control. check the signup thread if you want to see, there's no real reason. i'd told myself i should stick to minis but i decided to join this anyway. i don't hate larges, i just find them more difficult.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1445 (isolation #71) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:16 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1438, Klazam wrote:Over the past few pages, i think i understand kok's mindset a bit better.
does this have anything to do with Varsoon's and my posts on the subject?
what do you understand now?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1521 (isolation #72) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Chara »

Nero: why are Dan and dunker town?

waiting on WC vote unless brass can just tell me where my vote needs to be. not quite caught up.

pedit: just from the wording it seems as though it could benefit scum specifically. from my PM i can only guess at how any of the nonspecific resolutions would interact with it, but from this talk by the rest of you i would guess that certain nations are tied to the various resolution options. well. not really guess, it's been made clear that it's likely. just don't know how that would apply yet.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1523 (isolation #73) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:36 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1519, Elbirn wrote:Do we think roles are at all related to civs, and if not is there any harm in claiming our civs? Like, how in hell is Brazil an innocent child?
the answer to this question is very often "yes there is harm". especially if claiming them doesn't actually help us with solving. i think it would distract and scum might be able to use it in ways we don't know yet.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1529 (isolation #74) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1525, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1521, Chara wrote:Nero: why are Dan and dunker town?
POE
need a better answer considering you also have nulls on your readslist.
you're this confident in all of your scumreads?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1532 (isolation #75) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:40 am

Post by Chara »

i believe you about the internet, Joda, but are you keeping up with recent posts?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1536 (isolation #76) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:43 am

Post by Chara »

i guess i don't understand the distinction between two players you don't have a read on but are PoE, and two players you don't have a read on but are not PoE.
that said i guess i don't have a problem with it considering how you've answered.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1537 (isolation #77) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1534, Nero Cain wrote:HOW CAN SHE KEEP UP WITHOUT THE INTERNET?!?
she's responded to someone mentioning her within the hour twice now. it would be very hard to be responding to posts of any kind if one was not reading the thread in some capacity.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1538 (isolation #78) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:45 am

Post by Chara »

and to be clear, i hate the betelgeuse tell. so don't.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1545 (isolation #79) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Chara »

Nero: it did click how posting without being scummy to you is better than not posting at all. thanks.
i do think Dunker is scummy, especially with the lack of Creature meta knowledge. his reads in general are also all very backwards to mine.

Joey: i don't think it's awful. one can't really plan their V/LAs. if Kiana's town i'm excited to see what she'll do once caught up.

pedit: thanks. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1555 (isolation #80) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Chara »

BuJaber: how so? specifically keeping the most amount of people happy., and what scumhunting seems non-committal.
i don't know how pidgey's reading you, but is missing a read on you in a large game noncommittal? he hasn't really been talking about you to begin with. there's also no read on me.

pedit: does everything scum do have to have some sort of scum agenda? i think regardless of dunker's alignment he just thought it was RVS.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1557 (isolation #81) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Chara »

i now realized he's been calling you Bu, thus making ISOing him for your name a chore. thanks, pidgey. :> i guess i'll give it a look, but i still like his early play and it would take a lot to convince me away from Creature.
what you're saying about Bujaber is similar to what Nero has said about me. minus the Creature thing, i suppose. thoughts?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1559 (isolation #82) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Chara »

i was sort of looking forward to some kind of disagreement on resolution votes, but it wasn't going to happen with the ones we have. maybe on another day.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1680 (isolation #83) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Chara »

i'm not a fan of waiting around for the sake of using up the entire deadline, but waiting a little more for Kiana and Joda to catch up is fine by me.

Titus: why don't you think Creature is flipping scum? VCA?

Dunker: it's not scummy to not know Creature's meta. i meant his buddy might consider defending him while not knowing how lock the meta really is, where someone who should know his meta makes him essentially confirmed scum wouldn't do so.

pedit: what was this theory again?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1681 (isolation #84) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Chara »

i'd like to reiterate the Creature read isn't just activity based. i've read and played with town Creature who just can't get into the game.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1684 (isolation #85) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:43 am

Post by Chara »

oh, alright then.

HEAL: ban silk
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1731 (isolation #86) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1724, Shaziro wrote:Nero is looking for people to call him scum for that, so he can turn around and say that they're scum for calling him scum. It's dumb.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1753 (isolation #87) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm still cute and happy.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1756 (isolation #88) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by Chara »

talk to me about marshy and dunker if we have time?

pedit: have you played a large theme before, Kiana? this is basically how it always is.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1757 (isolation #89) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by Chara »

what do you think Creature's flipping?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1764 (isolation #90) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1759, Kiana Kaslana wrote:Dunker seems town, I don't see any reason to scumread him.
you don't see any reason at all?
and what do you think Creature is flipping?

pedit: hahaha. ignore the avatar! play with an image blocker if you must. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1771 (isolation #91) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by Chara »

you have dunker in a category with players i'm townreading, i'd like to know why you're confident there. how you're reading me would also be good to know, though i'm less interested in that.

pedit: i think Dunker was openly avoiding Creature's wagon. i actually don't know if scum would be so blatant about it.. there were other things i don't like but i can't remember right now.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1779 (isolation #92) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:49 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1773, Kiana Kaslana wrote:I don't think avoiding Creature's wagon is scummy. Scum on Creature's team would have known that Creature's lynch was almost inevitable and be hard-pressed to bus. Also, someone who didn't know Creature's meta would find it difficult to differentiate Creature's alignment-indicative lurking from other lurking players like Joda and ActionDan.
i don't know about the toneread, but i do see what you mean regarding the comparison to other lurkers and the value in bussing. moreso the former point.
when it isn't late i might go looking for what else gave me a bad feeling. i do think that Klazam and dunker are likely not buddies, but that's for me later.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1782 (isolation #93) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by Chara »

oh. i completely forgot to ask in post. Kiana, were you roleplaying or putting on a persona in Purgatory, or was that all incidental and i was seeing patterns that weren't there?
this isn't related to the game, aha.

pedit: ...i think i just explained it, and that i didn't remember what i didn't like in particular, but would go find it later, Joey.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1789 (isolation #94) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by Chara »

joey: i'll clear my schedule. <3

pedit: thanks for the answer, Kiana. i may check that out, but your answer is enough for my curiousity.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1792 (isolation #95) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1788, Shaziro wrote:Strange that you assume you will be a vig target rather than a night kill
why would Klazam be nightkilled? and Kokichi was talking about a vig taking down Klazam.

pedit: haha.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1801 (isolation #96) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1795, Shaziro wrote:Like, fucking hell. I was hoping to get a read off a response to that.
if you say something that doesn't make sense, other players are probably going to say something. and it was a statement, not a question, to begin with. pedantic that may be, there's no reason to be upset. i'm trying to read
you
, too.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1808 (isolation #97) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Chara »

ah, probably not right now. i'm heading to bed. thanks for the answers! i'm happy you're caught up now.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1812 (isolation #98) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by Chara »

wait, i did ask why you were townreading me. but it's not priority. i'm sleeping now. good night! :>

pedit: Kiana's townreading Joey, Elbirn. you've got that backwards.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1846 (isolation #99) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:11 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1809, Elbirn wrote:Anyway if creature flips scum and I'm not alive tomorrow to bring it up, this is a reminder to all of you that Gamma was real shifty about the creature wagon earlier and you should put the squeeze on him. Actually in general if I'm dead tomorrow I hope you all heed my wisdoms I've said lots of good stuff and I'd hate to be a non participant after death.

Speaking of which Joey is town leave him alone white haired anime lady
so, really unclear if this is Elbirn crumbing he'll target Joey or target Gamma. i'd have personally picked a townread with that role, but the way Elbirn specifically mentions being dead it sounds like he's trying to communicate a guilty. thoughts?
or if he was just nightkilled and town is responsible for one of those scum deaths instead of it being a crosskill.

pedit: yeehaw.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1847 (isolation #100) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1843, Gamma Emerald wrote:Well isn't that a beautiful turnout
Also I can't wait to be accused of being orange scum
[insert commenting on kills = scum tell here]
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1848 (isolation #101) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:13 am

Post by Chara »

Venmar: i read that as the bodyguard works night 2 onward, but could Elbirn have bodyguarded someone on night 1 and died that way?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1852 (isolation #102) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:22 am

Post by Chara »

how many different ways to win are there in Civ 5? i know domination, science, religion, and culture.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1855 (isolation #103) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:30 am

Post by Chara »

i was trying to think about how many mafias there could be and why domination and science are there in particular, after your idea about religion, and why they would be singled out. but i suppose even domination/science is arbitrary.
ok, i'll stop speccing, it probably isn't helpful. especially considering i don't know this game. i'm not sure if there would be another faction whose win condition is dependent on a mafia ability, especially one where the effect isn't clear.
it's interesting, though. thanks.

pedit: i've been townreading Gamma, have played with him a lot but i don't remember if he was ever scum.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1858 (isolation #104) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:41 am

Post by Chara »

i think the epicmafia flavour for scum roleblocker is hooker, so yes.

i'm going to keep thinking two scum until there's more evidence for that, but it does seem very fun. three scumteams would be a nightmare, though.
i'm more interested in Elbirn's crumbs, though. i'll ISO him when i'm less lazy but i think that post feels relevant. Venmar's answer too.

i had marshy as leftovers yesterday but i like how he's opened the day. i need to go remember my own reads.

pedit: that too.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1861 (isolation #105) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:47 am

Post by Chara »

i had Klazam as unlikely scum with Dunker/Creature. i forget interactions with Varsoon.

i also thought it was multiball after his explanation. i'm disappointed that i townread that, but i think he did a good job of it.

pedit: hahaha. consider yourself microwaved.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1897 (isolation #106) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1895, Klazam wrote:Brass, you have the spares because youre the current host here.
this. the spare delegates are tied to the Host position, they wouldn't die with brass.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1903 (isolation #107) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:42 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1894, Klazam wrote:Joey- Elb was a WEAK bodyguard, which means he dies on protecting scum. now read that post again through that lens. makes sense to me.
it's like using a hider as an investigative instead of to protect yourself.

since Elbirn could only make the check once, using it to find scum does make sense. i wish he'd been more explicit with his crumb.

the reason i think it could be a Gamma target is because where Elbirn mentions listening to him after death, it's in the same paragraph. the Joey townread is a separate thought.

Almost, i'm still townreading. i don't think the multiball spec thing is strong as he was specifically answering a question about scum numbers, and he's played a lot of multiball.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1909 (isolation #108) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:47 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1898, BuJaber wrote:My read wasn't dumb let's go dunk flipped scum koki is probably scum. The other way doesn't work but this way does.

VOTE: kokichi

HEAL: host: brass
this is still dumb. no offense.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1921 (isolation #109) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Chara »

i'm interested in what Gamma said about Klazam not being orange scum, because i agree that he's likey orange and that my townlean was wrong.
i really doubt Klazam is red. Dunker tried to pull back to Klazam while Creature was being wagoned. and i kind of like Klazam now, but that might be gut.

town is Titus, pidgey, Joey, Kokichi. townish is Almost, marshy. the latter especially with Gamma scum. still making up my mind on Nero, i need to reread. Shazi i also think is town but is a candidate for buddying.
i was wrong on Varsoon so i'm going to reexamine my lazier townreads. Kokichi and Joey i'm pretty happy with, though.

Ranmaru is leftovers. i'd call Gamma scum here especially with what i think is the guilty, but i want to reread. on mobile so i've forgotten slots here.

remembered while checking that marshy was voting Dan, not Gamma. Dan scum feels lazy but is a good possibility.

pedit: posts.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1927 (isolation #110) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Chara »

why not? dunker thought the votes weren't permanent and treated them like RVS. i don't think that part was faked. and i think you were lucky.

forgot about Bujaber in my readslist too. townish but i don't know how much of that is me townreading odd conclusions.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1934 (isolation #111) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1930, Gamma Emerald wrote:In addition might I point out that
I just pointed out a flaw in everyone's assumptions about the game
. As scum why do I not just let everyone sit with their thumbs up their asses?
which flaw was this? i'm trying to keep up but i may have missed posts just now.

pedit: i mentioned Shazi! :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1940 (isolation #112) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1937, brassherald wrote:Look, lets figure out one thing at a time, Who do we want in the WC?

We figure this out first and then move on to a lynch discussion.

I would propose Shaziro, but Shaziro being away for totally understandable issues might be an issue.

P-Edit: Nero stop being a douche.
see my readslist, i like Kokichi and Joey for town the most. Shazi my townread isn't that strong to begin with.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1957 (isolation #113) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:27 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1952, Gamma Emerald wrote:I noted that we had a new host election
i feel like everybody already knew this was a game mechanic. i certainly did. the mod also posted it.

Almost: no need to apologize! if you were townreading me fully after being the only person i managed to fool in Danganronpa, that's when i would be concerned.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2057 (isolation #114) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:02 am

Post by Chara »

a hider targeting you is actually pretty unlikely, unless they really needed to hide. most hiders aren't looking to avoid nightkills, they're trying to conftown players because hiders are weak, or else guilty scum. it's essentialluy Elbirn's role.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2063 (isolation #115) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:04 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2053, Shaziro wrote:There could easily be a third scum team of 2

Pagan does -not- mean no religion.
considering three different flavours of religion, i don't think there's a religion based mafia. it just seems odd for flavour that three different religions would be united under one banner.

social commentary.

Bujaber: the fact that Kokichi is so scummy to you that anyone defending him must be scum is baffling to me. especially since your main argument was he was scum not for his play, but because dunker voted him for leader.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2073 (isolation #116) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:38 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2071, Titus wrote:While "hiding" behind A50 ensures his survival, most hiders die if they hide behind scum. I don't see why A50 wouldn't hide beind an unknown and crumb it here if town.

The role is also redundant lkke Chara said
Almost didn't claim hider. he claimed the same as Dunker, a religion spreader.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2074 (isolation #117) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:39 am

Post by Chara »

VOTE: Gamma

HEAL: Joey
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2090 (isolation #118) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2084, Titus wrote:So if no one claimed hider, why are we discussing this?
if no one claimed hider, why did you think Almost did?
it's the same sort of question. it came up because Joda asked if Almost targeting brass could be for something besides the religion, i believe.

pedit: i'm happy with Kokichi as leader, but in the absence of my willingness to towncase him, Joey is just easier. though i kind of regret voting now, because Joey's reading comprehension has not been the best so far.
i blame Almost.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2107 (isolation #119) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:08 am

Post by Chara »

A+ for presentation, Gamma.

Joey: maybe. i want my second delegate to go to someone i'm sure will be in the running. or else help with any issues with the numbers. i understand why Almost is townreading Ranmaru but i've never played with him before and don't have much of a read there in the first place.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2112 (isolation #120) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:11 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2102, Kokichi Oma wrote:Brass. Need you to trust me again today and vote me as leader. Trusting my wagon ended up in a scum lynch.

HEAL: kokichi x2
that was my wagon too, i'll have you know.
but it was also Creature, so it isn't that incredible.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2122 (isolation #121) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2109, Almost50 wrote:I can accept #1 with a grain of salt, but #2 is tricky because Scum do NOT want to eliminate each other at the start of the game. They want to deplete the town first before they turn on each other. No way Orange Scum shoot Dunker on N1.
i do agree with you about that in a vacuum. however, without seeing the full setup or the scum thought process, it's hard to say. they could have been townreading dunker, or thought he was a safe kill. Elbirn is also, in my opinion, not the most likely of scum kills either. the way he worded that post, i believe it was deliberate.

though it was Varsoon who was strongly townreading Elbirn specifically.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2123 (isolation #122) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2118, Gamma Emerald wrote:Thoughts on the reads however?
...as soon as i actually read the post, i'll let you know.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2126 (isolation #123) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:19 am

Post by Chara »

ok, i do have a question. why is my pushing of the Elbirn guilty on you neither slimy nor opportunistic?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2133 (isolation #124) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Chara »

i think there are plenty of situations where leading and seeking power are both in town's interest. if someone knows they're conftown to themself, and trusts themself to lead, why not go for power? it's what i would do if i thought the game needed it. and it worked out the last time i tried. several grains of salt (entire bag) as
that
was a non-theme micro.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2146 (isolation #125) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2140, Almost50 wrote: 1- Read the last line if your own post. Now remember I said ORANGE did it?
2- Elbrin was no shot because he was a TR. he was shot to implicate Gamma
3- Don't you dare argue with me about how Scum would go in multi-ball. You ARE better than me in the tone-reading department, and I fully concede to that, but >I< am superior to you in game mechanics AND -and this is more important- scum strategy. I know what scum would do and why they'd do it. :wink: :lol:
the last line was me considering your point. i suppose i should have been more clear.

as for point 2, it implies scum knew he would flip hider. though on a reads basis i could see your point. and i'm not arguing with you about what scum would do (you're certainly better than me at that), but i do think we don't know everything, so such conclusions are more difficult to draw.
i'll give it another look. i do think your Bujaber case might be something.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2147 (isolation #126) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2126, Chara wrote:ok, i do have a question. why is my pushing of the Elbirn guilty on you neither slimy nor opportunistic?
Gamma, this was for you.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2148 (isolation #127) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2138, Almost50 wrote:You're either Town who really has no idea how multi-ball play goes or are a member of the Orange team setting up Gamma for the lynch so hard it hurts.
Joey's town, promise. that one i'm pretty sure about. Maki in U-pick sure. even if i was wrong later.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2184 (isolation #128) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by Chara »

Joda: 0% chance brass was converted to an alignment that isn't town. i'd ask more but i'd rather Gamma just answered your question.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2185 (isolation #129) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by Chara »

UNVOTE:
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2190 (isolation #130) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 pm

Post by Chara »

BuJaber: from what i know about Kokichi, and from how he's playing this game regardless of what i know about him, i very strongly believe he's town. it doesn't surprise me at all to see other players townreading him.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2191 (isolation #131) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:50 pm

Post by Chara »

this argument makes even less sense in multiball.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2195 (isolation #132) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:30 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2193, BuJaber wrote:I respect and value your opinion.

I accept that this game will be a sort of rite of passage. I'll learn more about you guys and you'll learn more about me.

Right now I'm not seeing your perspective and frankly I can't fully trust you mean what you say until you flip town.
you're a delight to play with, you know that?

alright, i accept it. i'll towncase Kokichi if he's in danger of being lynched, but for now it's fine. i guess i should do that if i want him runner up, possibly.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2197 (isolation #133) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:51 am

Post by Chara »

our delegates are used up, if you mean that you can't change the vote once the delegate is cast.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2200 (isolation #134) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:37 am

Post by Chara »

brass, you would know that better than us!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2202 (isolation #135) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:42 am

Post by Chara »

oh, i see. i didn't consider hoods that aren't always open.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2215 (isolation #136) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:15 am

Post by Chara »

VOTE: Shaziro
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2216 (isolation #137) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:16 am

Post by Chara »

just to be clear, i'm not an ass. it has nothing to do with activity.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2219 (isolation #138) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:18 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2217, brassherald wrote:Okay, let's get this World Congress off to a start already... When there is a vote count, I will then be putting my 4 delegates out.
as soon as there's a count, i'm there.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2227 (isolation #139) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:40 am

Post by Chara »

i disagree with coordination. it tells scum how to navigate town abilities effectively.

and a day 1/night 1 of multiple scum flips can be dangerous. of course, we're doing well, that's a good thing. but if we start thinking "it will be easy now", that's when you get the string of town lynches.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2229 (isolation #140) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:41 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2221, Gamma Emerald wrote:It's weird because if there was someone else I would have seen it. Unless you want to argue that my country is somehow a religion spreader when there so many things it can be before that
brass if you want to you can reveal which country I am for me or I can do it myself, idc either way
the someone else Joda was talking about was you, before you claimed.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2233 (isolation #141) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:07 am

Post by Chara »

Gamma, Joda tracked you. she didn't see Almost target brass. she only saw you target brass.

i was considering if Joda scum would do this, but not sure if scum would handle the report like that, with all of the guessing around. thinking about it further i also would have expected to see a watcher on brass, for the reason Gamma stated. (a strongman kill attempt, not the resolution.) i wish she hadn't outed you over Shaziro's theory.

Shaziro's reaction to Gamma's claim deliberately constructed what he was saying as a lie instead of looking for an explanation.

not sure i want to wagon Shaziro at the moment, though. doesn't feel very right. :<
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2241 (isolation #142) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:42 am

Post by Chara »

...can we not claim more when there isn't a need for it?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2243 (isolation #143) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:42 am

Post by Chara »

this is part of the reason i was against coordination. it's day 2 and there's a dead roleblocker. let's get reports scum can't work around.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2298 (isolation #144) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Chara »

brass: i would say no. the only thing that needs to be preemptively claiming o avoid looking suspicious on town's end would be for negative utilities and the like, brass.
roles like what Joda is describing (inventor/JOAT) aren't uncommon.
i'm just unhappy having all these claims out and would rather people play it close to the chest unless they have information the town needs to solve. instead of just to setup spec.
i do understand outing it in light of the "guilty" but i believe Gamma's genuinely a watcher, so i don't think it would be bad to give him more days.
coming around to Elbirn as the scum kill, but we'll see. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2299 (isolation #145) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2293, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2174, Venmar wrote:
In post 1848, Chara wrote:
Venmar: i read that as the bodyguard works night 2 onward, but could Elbirn have bodyguarded someone on night 1 and died that way?
No. Elbirn's role would not have protected on Night 1, but would have Night 2 and onwards.

(Votecount on the way)
If Elbirn targeted scum would he have died by weak modifier?
this has now been asked twice!

that's how weak works, yes. the role dies if it visits scum.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2300 (isolation #146) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Chara »

ok, i'm an idiot. you're right, Almost.

who killed dunker will sort itself out. if it was town shooting they shouldn't claim, but if there comes a point where we're sure no town killed dunker,
then
it has the potential to be a guilty on Gamma. or on Joey. haha.

but now, considering Gamma's a watcher, just let him get reports. no reason to flip him today.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2304 (isolation #147) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2277, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2276, Kokichi Oma wrote:I think gamma or Joey is most likely who Elbrin visited
why joey? He didn't say Joey was scum if Creature was, he only said me
read Elbirn's flipped role again.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2305 (isolation #148) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Post by Chara »

god, no, wait.
there's no reason not to bodyguard the IC if he's using it that way. it was probably that.

but also thinking about Elbirn and if he used his role optimally is blah. so whatever. i still think it will sort itself.

Almost: tonally i think Bujaber's town. the "why not leave him be" is also what i've seen town specifically say about Creature. otherwise i sort of do get the associative and absolutely the utility of keeping a roleblocker live, but if you have more besides that i'm going to check your ISO.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2309 (isolation #149) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:33 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2307, Almost50 wrote:1- Elbrin crumbed targeting Gamma
2- The IC was protected by the resolution anyway
3- If Elbrin targeted brass and either myself/Gamma (the two who claimed visiting brass) or even a third person who didn't claim tried to shoot the IC it would most certainly have been with a strongman, so it would have bypassed Elbrin and he would not have died.

I'm 99.99% certain Elbrin died if a direct shot at him and it's 98.99% from the red team (the 1% is reserved for an insane Vig and/or a redirector)
1. he did.
2. the resolution was only for night 1 as far as i can tell. Elbirn's bodyguard starts working on night
two
3. see point two. Elbirn targeted scum or he was nightkilled, there's absolutely no way he died via the bodyguard.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2313 (isolation #150) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2310, Almost50 wrote:Tbh, I'm not as sure about BuJaber's alignment anymore. I mean, he would still be in my lynch pool, but I'm now more interested in a marshy flip.
How do you read marshy? And Kiana?
i liked marshy's day opening on Dan, that's about all i remember. Kiana, i have nothing. i might be able to read her but it's more than i'm looking to see how she engages and
if
she engages. :> (this is to you, Kiana! help me, help you.)
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2315 (isolation #151) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Chara »

Almost just doesn't given enough credit to the capacity for players to make terrible, terrible night choices.

about 2307, are you saying you think the orange team killed dunker, or did you just put the wrong colour. i thought you were arguing that dunker wasn't a scum nightkill.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2327 (isolation #152) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:16 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2174, Venmar wrote:
In post 1848, Chara wrote:
No. Elbirn's role would not have protected on Night 1, but would have Night 2 and onwards.

(Votecount on the way)
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2330 (isolation #153) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:26 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2319, ActionDan wrote:A) No that's a very suboptimal use

B) Gamma claimed to watch Brass and only saw Almost50 visit
A) look at context. was referring to the possibility Elbirn targeted Joey (there isn't one, he would have targeted the IC if he wanted to protect all game. and i would argue it isn't suboptimal)

B) good point.

Shaziro: do you have to be so agreeable to my vote on you despite not agreeing with it? (obviously you don't agree, but.)

pedit: i really didn't know what to make of the religion spec, either. it's a
theory
, but considering i townread Varsoon's approach i don't know how to approach it myself.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2332 (isolation #154) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Chara »

yes.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2337 (isolation #155) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Chara »

if Gamma's scum, he's scum. but seeing what scum does at night about him could be interesting too. if he's town, they can't just risk letting him sit there and get reports. i don't want to lynch him today.

B only works if he's not lying, sure. a watcher does make more sense to me than a scum role. he could be covering his ass, but he wasn't counterclaimed and i can't think of what scum would have been targeting brass if not to kill him.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2339 (isolation #156) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Chara »

pidgey, are you supposed to get a list? Almost didn't mention anything like that.

on Shaziro: what concerns me is the consistent townread on me. it doesn't really waver, and it's based on mechanical things like "lynch confscum now, not later" and me bringing up Varsoon's point about multiball wanting to coordinate kills. townreading me for mechanical talk sort of makes sense when you look at how Shaziro has been approaching this game, but it doesn't really make me confident about where the townread is coming from, and the "this is stupid, but you do you" response to my vote and stated scumread weirded me out too.
on mobile, will post actual links to make that easier later if anyone wants it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2341 (isolation #157) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by Chara »

obviously there's nothing else he could have realistically fakeclaimed, but it being a good scum fakeclaim doesn't make it not possible for it to be what actually happened. and, again, what scum role is targeting a publicly protected IC if not a strongman kill attempt? there's a chance Gamma was trying to roleblock him, but that also doesn't make a lot of sense considering brass used his IC and everyone seems to have only one power.
there's room for error in that there could be something i'm not thinking of. still don't want to lynch it today.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2344 (isolation #158) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by Chara »

was trying to think about other things scum would target brass with.

what do you imagine he was trying to do, then?

pidgey: almost, do you get this too?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2410 (isolation #159) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2397, Titus wrote:There was once a game where almost everyone was scum. NKs by lottery. It was fun but not really mafia at that point.
i was the only town. :<

it was fun, though.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2411 (isolation #160) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Chara »

i wrote a big post about this but really the bottom line is when there's a reason for a town watcher to target brass (if scum has a strongman, it's a guilty), no one's come up with anything scum would target the IC with. besides the religion theory, and frankly if Gamma were religion spreader he would have just claimed it instead of coming up with a lie that he wouldn't be able to hold up.
red scum watcher is a possibility. but again if there's a reason for a scum watcher to target the IC to find the other team then there's a reason for town to do it.

pretending he didn't have a reason as town to target the IC also sucks.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2412 (isolation #161) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Chara »

team analysis isn't my strong suite but with two red scum dead i think it can be done. it worked in a previous game when i actually applied myself, though we lost for other reasons.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2415 (isolation #162) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:19 am

Post by Chara »

Joey, who do you think is scum? in general or specific to red scum if you have it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2423 (isolation #163) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:25 am

Post by Chara »

somehow about the existence of those. whoops. thanks for quoting them.

ok, so you agree with me that as far as red scum candidates go, Gamma is unlikely.
why are you townreading Shazi?

pedit: oh, right. inventor.

and yes, Joda and Gamma being teamed would be quite the gambit.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2427 (isolation #164) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:28 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2422, brassherald wrote:How would we feel about a Joda leader?
i don't feel great about it. but considering Titus's role in the first round of resolutions, i don't know how much wiggle room there is for scum.

would rather Kokichi and especially Joey. not immensely confident in other townreads. i'm cautious but optimistic about Almost being town. i also wouldn't mind doing it.

pedit: i don't trust Nero. i know you have meta but i don't think meta is 100%, and his approach to Gamma sucks. it could be town Nero who doesn't give a shit or scum Nero who knows he can freely act this way.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2430 (isolation #165) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:29 am

Post by Chara »

wait, i thought brass was talking about runner up. brass should be leader, i can't see a reason not to be considering how delegates are distributed.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2433 (isolation #166) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:31 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2429, Joey_ wrote:Also beyond what id expect a scum slot would go (about his grand dad too)
thanks for the answer. i agree abaout his tone, i was townreading and agreeing with him earlier. what do you think about his reaction to my vote, though?

as for the rl, i'm doing as Shaziro says and taking it for the out of game it is. he's certainly not using it as a reason not to be lynched beyond arguing against activity scumtells. i would do the same if scum with genuine rl commitments with no guilt.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2435 (isolation #167) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:33 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2431, Joey_ wrote:My meta on nero so far is 100%, and his pushes are always logically flawed
well that's something to consider. can you talk about the differences between his town and scumplay? would multiball change anything?

pedit: that's ok with me, i should have mentioned in my last post i'm concerned about Joey reading everything properly, but i am very confident he's town.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2436 (isolation #168) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:33 am

Post by Chara »

HEAL: Joey
you both get the same list, though.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2438 (isolation #169) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:38 am

Post by Chara »

to me, the reaction looked like he was hoping i'd reconsider the read and go back to townreading him.

ok, tonight i'm actually going to play on my laptop and look for teams. i said not to be lazy but i am absolutely doing so. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2440 (isolation #170) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:44 am

Post by Chara »

haha. i see why you're so confident.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2443 (isolation #171) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:47 am

Post by Chara »

i'll look at that tonight too. i'd ask for games but i'm not great at metaing games i'm not in, mostly.

pedit: welcome home, Shaziro! take your time.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2446 (isolation #172) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:54 am

Post by Chara »

it's not perfect, but he should be there anyway.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2463 (isolation #173) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:36 am

Post by Chara »

...well, there goes my hope scum would kill you. :<
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2466 (isolation #174) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:45 am

Post by Chara »

townread her for her being herself only on. she hasn't done anything memorable since but i definitely wouldn't lynch her any time soon.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2467 (isolation #175) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2110, Titus wrote:
In post 2104, Kokichi Oma wrote:Titus, what are you even talking about. Nothing you say makes sense.
Well it would if you had any human empathy rather than solely seeking power. It wouldn't surprise me if you and Shaz bussed Creature for power.

Now, I have to go. If you want my trust, stop seeking to control things. I never trust those who want power rather than town interests.
i'd actually dismissed the Titus vs. Kokichi as them clashing seems rather natural. i don't know if i'm as confident in her as i was but she hasn't done anything i would associate with scum Titus.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2469 (isolation #176) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:54 am

Post by Chara »

...are you asking why i don't want to flip players who aren't doing much regardless of my read on them?
she's not in my lynchpool because if i had to guess at her alignment right now, i'd say she's town.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2471 (isolation #177) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:00 am

Post by Chara »

Shaziro cares about her slot quite a lot, in having her as one of his top townreads. i know what you mean, though. :> (and would like Shazi to talk about that when he can)
i won't say i can confidently read Titus, but i feel best about Shaziro scum right now. Gamma is annoying because now i'm wondering if he preemptively claimed JoaT to avoid being called out on a lie later, when pretending to be a watcher could actually get him targeted as a very strong PR, which would be good.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2472 (isolation #178) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:06 am

Post by Chara »

i might be dismissing too many players. i'm going to see how partners look.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2475 (isolation #179) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Chara »

Gamma, if you're town, you being killed is a
good
thing, especially over another PR or a townier player.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2489 (isolation #180) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Chara »

Shaziro: i talked to Joey about it, did you see that? my initial vote was on a gut feeling re: that post, but your reaction to it is what got me thinking you're scum. i haven't gone back to do ISOs but i'm happy with it. if you're town, hopefully i'll figure it out. :>
thanks for the explanation on Titus, though.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2490 (isolation #181) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:00 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2484, Almost50 wrote:@Chara: Sorry, but your read here IS similar to that on Maki.
nooo. i hope not.

this is why i'm going British Monarchy on this game. please, give me that sweet, sweet motivation.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2503 (isolation #182) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2495, Kokichi Oma wrote:Why would he target a scumread? He permantly has to protect that player
if he targets scum he would die. not protect them. targeting scum would serve as a guilty, that's why.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2539 (isolation #183) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Chara »

can you tell me about marshy scum for you, Kiana?

Almost: 95%? you must tell me what happened in between your last read on me and this one. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2544 (isolation #184) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:33 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2541, Kiana Kaslana wrote:Great! My vote is already on Gamma, this is a go!
my question about marshy scum?
if it's in your ISO already, you can just quote it. <3
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2546 (isolation #185) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Chara »

^^^^^that.
except for the PR thought. a Gamma who was "caught" would have to fakeclaim.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2551 (isolation #186) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Chara »

why not just ask Venmar how your role and Dunker's flipped role would resolve with each other?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2558 (isolation #187) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Chara »

i want to call that town!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2610 (isolation #188) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:56 am

Post by Chara »

i think assuming there needs to be a scum religion spreader is about on the level with assuming two scumteams, except one of those options says we need to lynch in marshy/Almost/pidgey because they all have the same power.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2611 (isolation #189) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:57 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2583, Shaziro wrote:I am now 100% Confident that one of A50, Pidgey, and Marshy is scum.
this isn't great. i don't think i'm biased about Shaziro.

marshy doesn't get a pass just for his claim. i'm doing my team analysis (or an attempt) right now, though.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2617 (isolation #190) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:57 am

Post by Chara »

i know, i don't want to lynch in that grouping.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2643 (isolation #191) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by Chara »

don't really think i buy "one of the religion spreaders has to be scum" to begin with. it could just as easily all be town with the intent to make one of the claims look suspicious. they do all need to prove it but that's more bookkeeping than anything else.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2644 (isolation #192) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by Chara »

i mean if i had to guess one it would be marshy, but that's more laziness than a real conclusion.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2645 (isolation #193) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2552, Almost50 wrote:I don't want to do the extra work of ISOing and quoting you. Suffice it to say the way you're handling me/Gamma/Nero is very much town you. Or you could always say it's gut and I have not seen something scummy from you.

P.S. Also the very fact that you cared to ask about it rather than just be content I'm TRing you.
i'm aware enough of my own meta to ask you about your townread on me as scum, Almost! :>
i don't think i've really obvtowned this game (on-purpose or accidentally), but i know your metric for reading me is probably different than what i'm thinking of. why the Gamma/Almost/Nero grouping?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2646 (isolation #194) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2632, Almost50 wrote:Look at it this way: Catholicism vs Protestantism and Paganism vs Taoism and it may make sense to you that there are 2 Town Religion spreaders vs 1 Red Mafia & 1 Orange Mafia
if religions are tied to civilizations, and civilizations are NAI, does this mean anything? :P
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2648 (isolation #195) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by Chara »

there's more than you and Nero on either end of the Gamma issue. but i do get what you meant now. :<
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2668 (isolation #196) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:10 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2654, brassherald wrote:Only new thing from day 1 in resolutions is ban furs. We cannot ban silk, nor peacekeep day 2 since we did both day 1.
can you quote the list from day 1? on mobile.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2744 (isolation #197) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:11 am

Post by Chara »

been sick, i'll be here tonight, sickness allowing.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2788 (isolation #198) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:52 am

Post by Chara »

what does Gamma outing a protective actually tell us?
if he outs it and brass dies, it's easy for him to say scum had a strongman/roleblocker.
if he doesn't out it (or says he doesn't have one) and brass dies, he can just say he didn't have one.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2789 (isolation #199) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Chara »

and if you want him to out something
provable
, a protective is one of the worst choices. there's no way to prove that.
Gamma should use something provable if he has it.

also, Joey, regarding your team buildup, i think Klazam should be taken out of red team consideration.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”