She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 698, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 692, hebichan wrote:
In post 691, CooLDoG wrote:Not Voting (5): Sir Elton Hercules John(1), SleepyKrew(5), Chara(12), pirate mollie(4), Vaxkiller(4)

should not be a thing when it is 7 to lynch and the biggest wagon is a whopping 2 people.

Scum is trying to kill out motivation, but town on that list better start contributing.
Guess who I'm voting
that's right SleepyKrew, get with me on that
oh baby, keep pushing.

Seriously though, case it a bit more and maybe I'll actually think you're something other than wish wash scum.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Okay so I've been thinking about this and I heavily, heavily doubt this is multiball. I don't believe Reck mods unannounced geriatric UPick multiball at all.

Calling this setup as 11:3:1 with some OP serial killer.

I think we should continue hunting for groupscum as normal, and use the NKs to find SK later on.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Also recall that multiball setups are balanced around the possibility of crosskill. In a setup like this, crosskill is basically endgame for either scumteam. I also think enough people acted alignment informed yesterday that we can reasonably assume the scumteam, whoever they are, is not genuinely scumhunting.
In post 0, xRECKONERx wrote:moderated & created by: xRECKONERx
reluctant backup moderator: PenguinPower
review & design squadron: Alisae,
MathBlade
This should 100% confirm to anyone who's played themes in the past year that this is a SK game and not multiball.
Sir Elton Hercules John
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by Sir Elton Hercules John »

I'm pretty sure DeathNote is the scum kill and based on his posts either Math or hebi are likely origins of the kill

think Venmar/Varsoon are prooooooooobably town since neither died. I'd expect one to kill the other so they could be the loudest voice and no one would really care.
In post 702, Mathdino wrote:Also recall that multiball setups are balanced around the possibility of crosskill. In a setup like this, crosskill is basically endgame for either scumteam. I also think enough people acted alignment informed yesterday that we can reasonably assume the scumteam, whoever they are, is not genuinely scumhunting.
I could get behind voting this just to make it stop talking. what the actual fuck dude.
Sir Elton Hercules John
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:13 pm

Okay I wanted to get that down before I reread Day 2. Super sorry for the double post, won't happen again hopefully. I've gotten so used to slamming down a bunch of short posts.

After rereading I have three observations:

1. I am 100% behind Venmar using his global roleblock last night. I dunno about everyone else's roles (please do not confirm, obviously) but for mine I can't use my other two before I use my "negative" ability. I'm assuming Venmar's works the same way, and was gambling that it would prevent scum from using their cool abilities until later.
2. Math's VCA nonsense looks to me like scum trying to hide behind "objective" information ala Titus etc. and I hate it and want it to die. Doesn't help that he's had a lot of obfuscated garbage posts.
3. When the fuck did Cooldog turn into a serious player?

vote: Mathdino
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Preventing scum from accessing cool abilities is outright worse than preventing town from using cool abilities, especially since town outnumber scum.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:23 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 703, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:I could get behind voting this just to make it stop talking. what the actual fuck dude.
Do you really think the setup is 11:2:2?

I don't know how better to explain a gut feeling that this hasn't played out how I'd expect multiball to.
Sir Elton Hercules John
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:26 pm

Disagree. I think in terms of making best use of town abilities, it gives more information to town power roles (thus allowing better coordination and accuracy) and gives us the potential to get rid of one (possibly two, in the case of an SK) member(s) of the scum team before they get access to their better abilities. Don't see how that is "outright worse".
Mathdino wrote:
In post 703, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:I could get behind voting this just to make it stop talking. what the actual fuck dude.

I don't know how better to explain a gut feeling that this hasn't played out how I'd expect multiball to.
I'm responding to you talking about "the scum was clearly not scumhunting". That just seems like a complete non-sequitur to me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Setup'll prove you wrong, then.
Now we're looking at having only 5 or 6 'positive' town abilities pop off instead of 7 or 8.
But y'know, yeah having one more day of 'info' sure does help!!
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 707, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:I'm responding to you talking about "the scum was clearly not scumhunting". That just seems like a complete non-sequitur to me.
So would it sound less garbage to you to say "yeah I feel in my soul that D1 wasn't multiball"?

I'm scumreading my scumreads specifically because I think they're alignment informed. If you rolled onto a 2 person scumteam, you would instantly know this is multiball and would thus not at all be alignment informed.

THAT is what I mean by not genuinely scumhunting. There were a few players that seemed to be defending me more for political reasons.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 700, hebichan wrote:
In post 698, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 691, CooLDoG wrote:Not Voting (5): Sir Elton Hercules John(1), SleepyKrew(5), Chara(12), pirate mollie(4), Vaxkiller(4)

should not be a thing when it is 7 to lynch and the biggest wagon is a whopping 2 people.

Scum is trying to kill out motivation, but town on that list better start contributing.
Guess who I'm voting
that's right SleepyKrew, get with me on that
oh baby, keep pushing.

Seriously though, case it a bit more and maybe I'll actually think you're something other than wish wash scum.
I mean I already cased it as much as I really care to, do you object to my perspective of hunting via Mathdino's town implosion logic or is there something else you don't like?

Also yeah given the second post of reasoning Mathdino gave for this being an SK game I definitely agree with him there. Ali is notorious for hating multiball.

Also SEHJ for another scum? feels like he's picking on the methods Mathdino is using rather than the actual reads cos he doesn't like that Mathdino might be right
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:04 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

SleepyKrew has requested replacement.
green shirt thursdays
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:25 am

Post by CooLDoG »

basically this.
In post 694, pirate mollie wrote:
I am not a fan of venmar this game. mebbe it is cos I disagree with his overall approach from d1 to the present but I don't that he wld announce that he global blocked every1 n1. it puts a big target on his head and it puts himself in a position where he will now be accountable for every move he makes. having said that:

@venmar - why are you not scumhunting off of the napolean wagon? it just seems very odd to me
There could be several reasons for this involving his positive/passive ability and nk wifom n2. Also, because there are more negative town abilities than scum abilities it is good to burn it early as opposed to later because overall it means fewer negatives hit the town when venmar's ability is used. If he used it later it would block fewer negatives from happening than positives (scum positive roles are assumed to be more or less equal to town negative roles here). Also, scum would probably burn their negatives night one in order to get access to their power, thus this delays that as well. Basically, it keeps the game state relatively normal for longer which helps the town to gather more information about players before claims start getting tossed around after night the role-madness that will probably be the night phase. So, I think his play is sound, or at the very least justifiable from a town perspective.
my love for gamma has dropped. does anybody else get the feeling that he is trying not to make waves? GAMMA WHY U NO MAKE WAVES? it wld have been cool to have formed a solid basis for a townblock on d1, but gamma is not tickling my town senses.
Gamma has been basically lurking, sheeping, and defending mathdino all thread long. So I agree with this observation.
charo is some1 who piques my interest.

hebi I only know from 1 game in which I replaced out of.

math has dropped down a town leanish, it is dependent on a cple of flips. I don't think espy/math are a team and it wld be interesting to see where espy goes if math flips town.

I expect grande things from elton. grande things. he gets a pass for now.
I was understanding this post until the last line. Sure, I can see why if math scum, then espe not scum on his team. But how the hell is elton any different than charo or hebi? I mean, most people voting hebi think she is a lurker scum. Most of the case on Charo is lurker scum. ANd elton is lurking scum too. WHy does he get a pass and charo not?
if you were to 1v1 somebody who wld it be?
a stupid question, but okay: I'd probably do it on gamma or math. Probably gamma over math because wagoning math again grants no information.
second question, who is your towniest read at the moment?
Venmar
In post 701, Mathdino wrote:Okay so I've been thinking about this and I heavily, heavily doubt this is multiball. I don't believe Reck mods unannounced geriatric UPick multiball at all.

Calling this setup as 11:3:1 with some OP serial killer.

I think we should continue hunting for groupscum as normal, and use the NKs to find SK later on.
this is a possible set-up variant that will need to be taken into account. But how differently would an SK act than scum? Like, part of the reason the role is not viewed favorably by a lot of people is that it basically forces one player to act like scum without help from the rest of the team. So I'd say we should just scum hunt a lynch scummy people. When a scum flips we may get more information about possible multi-ball. I mean, we should be due for either a cross-kill or a scum lynch soon probabilistically speaking.
In post 703, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:
In post 702, Mathdino wrote:Also recall that multiball setups are balanced around the possibility of crosskill. In a setup like this, crosskill is basically endgame for either scumteam. I also think enough people acted alignment informed yesterday that we can reasonably assume the scumteam, whoever they are, is not genuinely scumhunting.
I could get behind voting this just to make it stop talking. what the actual fuck dude.
Also, yes, what math said there is actual bullshit.
In post 705, Varsoon wrote:Preventing scum from accessing cool abilities is outright worse than preventing town from using cool abilities, especially since town outnumber scum.
yes, but he has to use it to get his positive ability. Thus using it early blocks more negative abilities than positive. The only argument for not using it would be that there was some know scum power that needed to be blocked at the cost of all other abilities later on. The chance of a know ability needing to be blocked is quite low, and difficult to determine from town perspective, thus the n1 role block. We've already discussed all of this at length before. And debating lynching venmar at least for me is squarely off the table.
In post 706, Mathdino wrote:

I personally have not picked up anything that would indicate one possibility over another. We know for a fact that if it is a multiball it would probably be 2:2 due to the fact of no odd/even night killings. We do know that both kills are factional, otherwise they would have been blocked. I'm not sure if an SK would have a factional kill, or if it would be unlocked by usage of a negative ability first with then some super powered stuff coming after that... this is just vile set-up spec though and we will know more once an actual scum flip is revealed. although 3:1 is a perfectly valid set-up and could also explain n1 results.
In post 708, Varsoon wrote:Setup'll prove you wrong, then.
Now we're looking at having only 5 or 6 'positive' town abilities pop off instead of 7 or 8.
But y'know, yeah having one more day of 'info' sure does help!!
and we are looking at 5 or 6 negative abilities used instead of 7 or 8. The calculation of if it is better to global rb early or late depends on how bad the negatives are and how good the positives are. Venmar can't know this, and thus opt-ed to burn it early and get access to his power.
In post 711, xRECKONERx wrote:
SleepyKrew has requested replacement.
scum or town points anyone?
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:26 am

Post by CooLDoG »

also, why the hell would scum claim to have global rb'd on d2 after two night kills? What?
after a wank.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Varsoon »

BIG
GAMBITS
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 am

Post by hebichan »

Well the replacement has made my motivation to vote SK slot even lower.

Not really liking Gamma, Mathdino, or Elton anymore.

Willing to vote on any of them based on their recent posts.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:17 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Titus replaces SleepyKrew.
green shirt thursdays
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Titus »

Hi. I am the new Slerpy Slot. I have a lot on my plate but will give this game priority.

What should I know ASAP?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:14 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

That I'm town. Varsoon prolly is as is hebichan.

Dino is prolly scum.

I feel more an more uneasy about venmar every day. <----I'll expand on this tonight.

Help me town read you as sleepy was a null for me.

Also, its multiballs or there is an SK. Venmar used his global roleblock last night which blocks everything but NK's
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Venmar

I'm a one shot delayed one shot rb.

I find it impossible to buy Venmar's claim.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

That's your negative role?

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:31 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I mean he really did role block everyone last night. Well, someone did anyway.

I don't understand what your getting at.

Games played.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeee
VOTE: Venmar

Okay with this.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Titus »

In post 720, Vaxkiller wrote:That's your negative role?
Negative is the delayed.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Titus »

In post 721, Vaxkiller wrote:I mean he really did role block everyone last night. Well, someone did anyway.

I don't understand what your getting at.
What are the odds of my weak role being in the game as town with Venmar's role being town? He is likely real...but scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”