Scummers You Miss (Ahh, the memories)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #178 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

I realise this is way late, but something happened today that reminded me of this story about ReaperCharlie.

When I was planning the first Eastermeet, I made an online survey so people could say what dates they preferred, locations, etc. I set username as a non-mandatory field because I didn’t want people to think I needed to know who they were in order to take their opinions on board. I also had a free text box for extra comments. A few people left nice messages - CDB even wrote a poem!

As it turned out, only one respondent didn’t give their username, and that person also thought it was appropriate to send me an erotic ASCII image in the comments, and say they ‘hoped to meet me one day’.

I was a bit disturbed by that, and not at all keen to unwittingly meet this stranger who thought that was a normal way to behave to someone you don’t know. I had to get admin help to identify who had sent it, and it turned out to be none other than ReaperCharlie.

That was my experience of RC being creepy. I don’t think I thought to share it at the time because it didn’t seem necessary, I just made a mental note that I wouldn’t go to an event where RC would be there. I realised today that there is value in sharing this kind of info (although in this case a little late) as everyone who that didn’t happen to, would not know what RC was like.

Return to “General Discussion”