Tibor and Lumia

Not Voting (5):
Almost50, Reasonably Rational, SnarkySnowman, Dunnstral, Micc
Creatures (2):
Elemental, Mother of Runes

With 17 Alive, it takes 9 to Lynch.
Deadline
:(expired on 2018-03-27 20:30:00)
Mother of Runes has Protection from Black.
Creatures in play: (Champion of the Parish) (Elemental) (Mother of Runes)

Spoiler: List of all Spells in play
Champion of the ParishImage
Creature
CREATURE SPELLS MAY BE CAST DURING ANY PHASE.
THIS SPELL COSTS one White mana to cast.
Creature spells have public effects and stay in effect until removed from the game.
This creature gains votes equal to the number of creatures you control.
This creature's total casting cost is equal to the number of creatures you control.

I stand for every cobbler, tamer, and fool in this town--and they stand for me.

Elemental
Creature
Creature spells have public effects and stay in effect until removed from the game.
This Creature may vote.

Mother of RunesImage
Creature
Creature SPELLS MAY BE CAST DURING ANY PHASE.
This spell costs one White mana to cast.
When you cast this Spell, choose a color and target a Creature.
Until the end of the next Night Phase, that Creature is immune to Spells and effects of that color.
You may repeat this ability at the start of each Day phase that Mother of Runes is in play.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Skybird »

Cerb, should I really know better that you wouldn't cover for a teammate screwup D1? It's been damn near a year since I've played. And I will be the first to admit I'm not good at this game.

I mentioned earlier that I don't play the same way I used to play. I used to make a detailed document listing all the players and posts that I thought were relevant. The problem was this took up a ton of time. I used to be able to play from work so I had time to devote to this task. That's not an option now. I also am taking care of a child where in the past I was not. That also limits my mafia time.

In post 1138, OnTheMark wrote:
-snip-

Now Skybird makes a push on Chara who is obvTown so the push will go nowhere.

It’s just noise.

I haven’t seen a single positive contribution from the slot
Aren't you just a joyful ray of sunshine?

Now on to OTM's case:
In post 1466, OnTheMark wrote:Notice how here in Skybird doesn't actually follow up. She asks a question then doesn't ask another question to sort the slot or do anything with it. It's more like just noise. This 'inactivity'/'inopinion'/'no stances' will be a common theme.

In post Skybird again asks another inactive question, seemingly trying to encourage people to get into the issues that beeboy and I were having earlier without actually investing anything in there. She feels like one of us is scum but doesn't actually follow it up in any sort of way. It looks like it's more designed to try egg people into the Beeboy/me discussion.
First off, post 243 isn't even my post. So that isn't relevant to a case against me.
In post 260, I'm putting my thoughts out there about your issue with MC. In my old play style, this all would have gone in my document instead of in the game. Now it goes in the game so I remember that it bugged me and also to see what others say about it.
In Skybird sarcastically comments that she has the worst post in the game, but then doesn't do a damn thing to hunt or otherwise. The closest thing towards a read from Skybird is a guess, but she has shown no interest in exploring it or anything. Between this and the inactivity, I wanted to see Skybird develop the read.
You totally read this post wrong. The Maki head of MC said my post was the worst of the game. I am poking fun at having the worst post. Why would I say anything else in this post? Am I not allowed to make a joke?
In they finally justify a read and it's for updating a signature line upon request. About the most null of things as one can get. Now while I understand one CAN townread someone for very little (e.g. what I mentioned before) I'd want something else to complement that person's ISO. In other words, the townread of Dunnstral is accompanied with a lot of other things to read the slot. In this case Skybird has nothing.
I said it was a gut read. OTM, I'm old enough to be your mother and my generation likes it when people are nice. Deal with it. And yeah, I will town read nice on D1. So what? I won't be town reading nice on D3, and maybe not even on D2 without other reasons to go with it.

I disagree the Dunnstral townread has more things to accompany it. I just checked and he literally only has 3 posts.

has very little in terms of hunting.
Again, Skybird comes out votes blazing.
This time Skybird
attacks
Venmar for wanting powers. However she
doesn't
attack On the Maid for the same thing, despite the prior scumread of Maid. If anything this wouldn't cause them to change votes to Venmar but would strengthen their case on Maid. The switch here reads as very inauthentic.
Let's look at the language here. Where exactly in that post did I vote for anyone? (Here's a big hint, I voted for no one in post 381.) Second, what about asking a question is attacking a player? You sure are stretching to make people want to lynch me.
Steps back the ONE authentic read saying it's not really AI but it's gut. In other words, you caught me fabricating a reason for my read so I'm going to say gut.
Let's get things straight. I stated in post that my read on T&L was a gut read. Chara asked me how that was AI in post . It told her it wasn't AI in post 471 and that was why it was a gut read. Where exactly did I call T&L town without also calling it a gut read? Here's a hint, you won't find it. So how exactly am I stepping back from an authentic read?
is an attack on Venmar that again she doesn't follow up on.
In the post I quoted in 513, Venmar stated that T&L's reaction to Chara's "it's bad for town to lynch scum D1" talk was a scum reaction. Venmar had previously voted T&L for their reaction (post 480). I thought Venmar's vote was bad and so asked him if he was scum with Chara.
backs out of her read of one of me and Maid being scum saying that we both might be.
You should probably finish the sentence because they way you have it above you make it sound like I think both you and MC are scum. The question T&L asked was why was it one or the other as scum, why can't both be town. I admitted that they could both be town, not that you are both scum. I also said they
COULD
both be town, not that you both were town.
Then goes back to "Oh yeah there was something bad in that argument" simply based on being asked what her position is on me. Her position on me or any other slot shouldn't end with a vote on Maid Cafe. If she was genuinely pushing Maid she'd be like putting effort in. Right now Skybird is pretty empty.
Whatever. I didn't realize every post I made in this game had to be pushing someone. I don't play the game like you do OTM. again, deal with it.
Reasons Reasons Reasons
If you can't actually state the reason, is it really a reason?
What's really bad about the post that Skybird cited is that it potentially outs a vig if we have one. This is barely the semblance of a case, then again I know where she stands on literallly NO one else.
How in the world does that post potentially out a vig? MC doesn't want people to kill other players so they can see all 8 planes. If anyone is potentially outing vigs, it's MC not me.
Pleads for me to push MC if she's town. If she's town I'd consider it but it's surely not on anything Sky has done.
Another big stretch. All I said was what if I'm town. That in no way is pleading for you to push MC. Since you are so sure I'm scum, lynch me. I really don't fucking care. In before OTM says "look she's flailing!" :roll:

I cut out the next couple of points because this is really stupid and I've been interupted by my grandson twice already and my husband once.
Scum game of Skybird's. Noticably devoid of questions. She does do a bit more in reads than she does here, but it's still more just declaratives. I kinda have a rule for Skybird. If the questions aren't flying out of her mouth enough to make her fly she's probably scum.
This is purely meta. If you believe you can change your meta, don't you think other's can as well?
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by brassherald »

mod, please replace my Hydra with just gamma
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by Shining Dreamers »

Btw for the purposes of full disclosure--Yume did in fact inform me that Alisae was in the game and replaced Taly, though she didn't tell me anything except that Alisae was scum more or less. I backed her up though because that is in fact quite likely.
In post 421, Maid Cafe wrote:wtf I wanna be in the town block
~Maki
Those who want it are not worthy of it; those who seek it not are those that obtain it.
In post 414, Bronya Zaychik wrote:<3 Maki I hope you're not scum today!
Too bad you need exactly that in order to townread the slot!
In post 418, OnTheMark wrote:How do you feel about the other players making this point? Are they sheeps or town? Why?
This is the sort of thing people often ask me about and each time I internally go more or less "uhg, they want me to answer that, don't they?" when I honestly don't like to. The reason I don't like to is that more often than not (this game no exception)...if I don't comment on something, it's not relevant. In other words, that it meant nothing. Or at the very least...it meant nothing to me at the time, and still doesn't but is something to potentially revisit at some future time.

That having been said, RE: commenting on things...
In post 418, OnTheMark wrote:I wish you'd talk more about the people you scumread more.
I did! I just did so in a PT!

...Yes. I realize that means I am forty pages behind. (Welp.) I'll try to keep most of it in the PT, I just couldn't help it.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1678, Shining Dreamers wrote:Btw for the purposes of full disclosure--Yume did in fact inform me that Alisae was in the game and replaced Taly, though she didn't tell me anything except that Alisae was scum more or less. I backed her up though because that is in fact quite likely.
I think mastina scumreading me no matter what her alignment is makes an IC :]
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:27 pm

Post by Alisae »

I guess I should rephrase that.
if mastina is scum she wants to push me as a mislynch
if mastina is town she hasn't read me correctly as town in a long long time.
Therefore I am now an IC.

:]
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Alisae »

dw mastina
your Ali tells will work eventually
just gotta keep on praying!
GTKAS
| here.
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:38 pm

In post 477, Chara wrote:historically, a scum lynch on day 1 is actually worse for town. sometimes, it can work out wonderfully despite that. but for the most part, i'd call it bad. Maki knows what i mean. therefore, seeing as my role powers up on town deaths, and a day 1 scum lynch is bad for town, i propose we collectively agree to lynch town. i know it sounds silly, but it makes sense. i hate seeing town do well on the first day only to tank every other.
VOTE: Mark
You need more conviction and emphasis to pull the Almost50 off.

In the case you're not posting in jest, tho: sure, we can lynch town but the only way lynching town benefits the town is if it is a player we either want to get rid of on policy (I don't think anyone qualifies?), or a player we think could be scum and thus the information from learning they are not proves beneficial.

Lynching town knowing you are lynching town does nothing. And that's what lynching OnTheMark would be.
In other words, wanna lynch town? Aim for scum. It'll still disproportionately likely end up being town because reads are wrong. :P
In post 495, Reasonably Rational wrote:Also also another thing, but I wanna wait and see what everybody else has to say before I bring it up. <3
40 pages have passed so I expect to see this.
In post 484, Maid Cafe wrote:These last few pages were literal garbage btw and I stopped reading them.
~B
AKA, "these last few pages contained things I didn't want to bother countering so I'll not try".
Though admittedly the content for why you're scum was just about the most useful content to be produced from that page and they were otherwise mostly garbage, yes.
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:48 pm

In post 524, baku and munna wrote:it seemed like they started from the position "we're pushing maid cafe" rather than either "we are looking at evidence for maid cafe's alignment" or "we think maid cafe is scum, what evidence supports this"
This is going to blow your mind, but there is in fact ACTUALLY a player where I did this. That is. I decided I was going to push them from the moment I got my PM.

...But that player isn't Maid Cafe.

It's Skybird. (Yume can verify, I said more or less "Legit think Skybird's just scum even though she hasn't even posted yet".)
In post 516, baku and munna wrote:people are confusing chara doing protown things with it meaning they are more likely to be town.
Nope! The reason Chara is town is because Chara is just transparently obviously not scum. Nothing in its content being protown contributes to that though its content is indeed protown; the reason Chara is town is because Chara bleeds obvtown every step of the way.

Also, you saying this seems to be rather odd given:
In post 516, baku and munna wrote:OTM is either town of playing an extremely smart scum game.
...Yes I think OnTheMark is town, but this townread? It sounds like a townread based on OnTheMark doing protown things (the very thing you tell people not to townread Chara off of). Care to tell me how it's not?
In post 506, Maid Cafe wrote:@everyone also important note, if you have the ability to kill another player please opt to use another card if possible.
There are 8 planes to see across 8 days and I want to visit all of them.
~B
Why is it that literally only my scumreads (e.g. Maid Cafe, Reasonably Rational) make reference to the planes and yet literally nobody else is talking about them?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1683, Shining Dreamers wrote:Why is it that literally only my scumreads (e.g. Maid Cafe, Reasonably Rational) make reference to the planes and yet literally nobody else is talking about them?
What a terrible concern.
GTKAS
| here.
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:59 pm

In post 551, Tibor and Lumia wrote:Wait is OTM Mulch?
~Lumia
No.

There's only so many players who are mafiascum regulars, have been gone from playing on mafiascum for the last few (specifically, three) months, and who are frequent players on mafia universe that get nightkilled often there. Also that're rather fond of the theory behind the game. I can think of only one player fitting that criteria, and he's a player I have mislynched. (This is the safest way for me to not narrow his identity down. :P I'd do so considerably more when stating what happened after said mislynch.)
In post 568, baku and munna wrote:RR is obv towning tbh, they are asking the right questions and moving the game forwards.
None of which makes them town, it just makes them Reasonably Rational.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

@mastina: you shall be disappointed, I completely forgot what the "other thing" I was referring to there was, so I don't know if I ever actually revealed it, and I definitely didn't explicitly state it was the "other thing".

The only thing I can think it was was thoughts I was having about Maid Cafes mana request and what that request means, but I don't think that's related to that part of the thread. :(

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Also, we should be talking about the planes! We're only *not* doing it much because this plane is BORING.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by Alisae »

I know nothing about MtG
the only TCG I have extensive knowledge about is YGO
its a terrible TCG btw don't play it.
GTKAS
| here.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 1685, Shining Dreamers wrote:
~Lumia
No.

There's only so many players who are mafiascum regulars, have been gone from playing on mafiascum for the last few (specifically, three) months, and who are frequent players on mafia universe that get nightkilled often there. Also that're rather fond of the theory behind the game. I can think of only one player fitting that criteria, and he's a player I have mislynched. (This is the safest way for me to not narrow his identity down. :P I'd do so considerably more when stating what happened after said mislynch.)
In post 568, baku and munna wrote:RR is obv towning tbh, they are asking the right questions and moving the game forwards.
Mastina please for the love of all that is townie catch up. I am Mathblade.

I got nk’d after naming like 8 scum in a row over mechanically sound power roles.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:13 pm

In post 1689, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 1685, Shining Dreamers wrote:
~Lumia
No.

Mastina please for the love of all that is townie catch up. I am Mathblade.

I got nk’d after naming like 8 scum in a row over mechanically sound power roles.
Hey, where are you at on Maid Cafe again OTM? I'm pretty sure you and mastina have basically identical reads. :P

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:16 pm

@Skybird: Thanks for noticing the link to nothing, I noticed it too and just assumed they screwed up the post number and what they stated actually did happen somewhere(because I'm confident they wouldn't outright lie about the post they included in the analysis). I suppose it's possible that you've forgotten how I play in your long time away, and your lack of notes does explain the lack of followup, but that doesn't make those things stop being suspicious. :(

Also, what's the objective of your interaction with the case? Earlier you said you were happy being the lynch for today.

-Cerb
Show

Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:20 pm

In post 610, Shining Dreamers wrote:Why else did you think I offered?
- Phosphophyllite
RIP I thought you offered because you're an angel, not because you're a devil.
:P
In post 614, OnTheMark wrote:I would love to hear your opinions more.
I did encourage Yume to push more btw.
My philosophy for mafia can be summed up as:
It is better to make a bad push than no push at all; it is better to make a strong push than a weak push; it is better to make a wrong push than no push at all. So I told her to make those pushes, as long as she has the skill to know when to back out of them later.
In post 604, Chara wrote:
In post 574, Maid Cafe wrote:There is no magic mechanic that enables you to steal someones mana and Varsoon is trying to stay true to the real game.
after looking some more, there are certainly cards that do this besides the ones i posted. should i be townreading Maid Cafe for this? they were nullscum before but now i'm musing.
In post 615, Maid Cafe wrote:Me and Cerb have flavor knowledge and flavor is something that apparently matters a lot this game. I think we pose a threat to a scum team with 0 magic knowledge.
~B
How likely do you wager it, Chara, that a player claiming to have that level of flavor knowledge would miss this fact?

Even I know that there's magic enabling mana stealing and I'm a filthy casual. (Admittedly I'm more into Magic: The Gathering than most things, I did play even the last godawful abomination of a M:tG game and before that waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day I played the three-part Magic game, so it is a thing I like and have quite a bit of knowledge about, but I'm not a fangirl.)
In post 617, Reasonably Rational wrote:^^ Also, I wrote up my response to your post in our hydra PT, but since nobody seems to care about your case or agree with you(so far), I won't bother posting it! <3

-Cerb
Oh I've no doubt it's in the hydra PT, I just don't think that's the only place you put it.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Alisae »

Actually now that I think about it the Elli tell can apply to Dunn as well.
GTKAS
| here.
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Btw I shared this in the PT but I don't think it does harm to bring it out in the open.
I lowkey have a theory that every player in the game has something they think is unique to them that they are attempting to hide, but which in actuality every player in the game has.

If my theory is right, what this is should be fairly self-evident; if my theory is not right, then obviously people won't have a clue what I mean.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:30 pm

In post 1694, Shining Dreamers wrote:Btw I shared this in the PT but I don't think it does harm to bring it out in the open.
I lowkey have a theory that every player in the game has something they think is unique to them that they are attempting to hide, but which in actuality every player in the game has.

If my theory is right, what this is should be fairly self-evident; if my theory is not right, then obviously people won't have a clue what I mean.
This makes sense. I have a thing I imagine everyone else could have.

-Cerb
Show

Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:32 pm

In post 641, Venmar wrote:right now you're just smugly dismissing and discrediting the case.
This would be among the reasons I held distaste for Reasonably Rational's response, yes.
In post 631, Shining Dreamers wrote:As for RR, the patented Phosphophyllite test is that unless they bring actual read to the main thread, you hang them and you look happy doing it. Not into any PTs alone. Into the main thread. You cannot fail in this way.
- Phosphophyllite
Incidentally, no surprise why Reasonably Rational is in fact in my lynch list!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Alisae »

sigh
I am trying to analyze Dunn's activity in general to see if I can get anything over multiple completed games.
I am S U F F E R I N G
GTKAS
| here.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:37 pm

Hey Alisae why is it better that you have no opinion about my slot?

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:38 pm

In post 1526, Micc wrote:im just trying to understand your intentions because I still haven't decided how much I trust what you're doing here. but you role's obviously powerful and we aren't lynching it so me voting you is stupid
Why wouldn't we lynch Alisae's role again? I want your reasons for it, other than "it's powerful".

-Cerb
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”