Geriatric Players Club

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #464 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:55 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Oh hello thread. This looks interesting.

I remember last year getting into distracting theory conversations mid-D1 in seemingly more and more games about trying to maintain a balance of voices for easier analysis later, only to be drowned out by literally dozens and dozens of pages of spam. It seems like when things are this way, only a small percentage of the playerlist can keep up and they get to control the dialogue and influence the game while the rest are in a permanent state of catch-up. Managing a balanced spread of content seemed like a very alien concept to a lot of players, so I'm glad there are some others here that have a craving for concision.

I see there's been a few games run under this ruleset already? How's it all going? I remember a long time ago, Adel ran a game with global posting restrictions and people lurked and ended up retreating into posting huge walls out of fear of "wasting posts", which made the game worse in a different way -- people were literally scumreading people for an occasional short post which stopped people doing them and killed the flow of the game. But I think that was a failure on the part of the players, not the design itself. Allowing a reserve bank of extra posts for special occasions seems like a good addition, and hopefully things will flourish more organically under this ruleset if players are mindful about why they're playing under these rules in the first place.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #468 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:23 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 465, Kison wrote:These?

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11271
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11272

One was time limited & the other limited the # of pages(and therefore posts) per game phase(I was in that one). In the latter, everyone wound up trying to pack as much into their posts as possible. Definitely crippled the game IMO.
Yah, those are the ones. Individual limits you can use at your own discretion seems like a much better idea, as it doesn't directly impact how much other players can post.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #469 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:26 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 467, Kmd4390 wrote:Oh my God. Who edited the avatar on the me/ZazieR Hydra? It used to be a picture of a book that says A Little Dutch Book. Now it's my face edited on to Zazies old avatar and it's really creepy and I don't like it.
Luckily that game is from 2009 and nobody has mentioned anything about it, or is talking about it or looking at it right now.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #472 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:48 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 470, AnonymousGhost wrote:
Geriatric Games - Wins and Losses

Micro 778: Geriatric Grey Flag Nightless - Town Loss

Mirco 765: Chill Mafia - Town Victory

There are probably more, but I couldn't find them.
Phew, good to know the ruleset is balanced. I can rest easy now.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”