MafiaWiki Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:08 am

Post by Lycanfire »

It would be a good idea to update the wiki to the current meta and move anything antiquated to a 'legacy' page or section. It's fine to have a complete page on abbreviations as a reference, but there should be a definitive newbie version that is concise and gives them what they need to know to not be lost in the game by page 2.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I moved anything not current or relevant to a different page, reduced some clutter. Added a few that were missing. Anything that becomes modern or comes into use should go on the common page, everything else on the master page. Items can freefall, and that's fine, but new players don't need to learn a giant list of outdated garbage, the nickname of somebody that played 8 years ago, or what GD is.

I replaced PbPA with PbP. I see "PbP" (play by play), which is similar but different (play implies something is going on, PbPA is a dry analysis of posts). PbPA has become antiquated by people stating they've ISOed someone.

The version before Mathdino fixed it up was awful. An edit was a long time coming.

Varsoon's modding guide is on the wiki. Alisae's bit about rolecards or whatever should probably get a page too.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Yes it's probably a good idea that anyone new reads theory from this decade and not the time of dial up and brick phones.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:12 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I wrote in the talk page to talk about it not because I don't like it. If I didn't like it I would have removed it again.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:24 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I was moving some while picking articles to reformat. Wasn't a bother to me.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

On the topic Mathdino brought up about gambits/whether they're still relevant or useful, I would argue they are timeless. Once they're done once, it's a gambit that happened. What a gambit isn't is something that works all the time, or most of the time.

Redirecting Fong's Gambit was great though. Fuck self voters.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Maybe because it's been so long since I took a look at many of the pages but the wiki is like some person that went on a hunger strike.

I just added a section of practical theory on sheeping. It's been
7 years
since its last overhaul, and it still said "btw, people that sheep are probably bad at mafia, and the people being sheeped are really good."

Return to “Mafia Discussion”