Scummer D&D: new thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #0) » Wed May 10, 2017 9:09 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

Since i'll never pass up mentioning my Drunken Suika Build. I have 2 builds worked out for it.
One I played: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=287574
One I attempted to optimize a little more: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1159816

The numbers in the second build are wrong for saves and skills, but everything else is accurate. The only real important thing is the feat progression.

A brief overview of the build. It's a hyper mobile charge build that relies on pounce, flurry, and shock trooper do to damage. The Drunken master levels allow you to also lower your int and wis a bit to get bonus str and it will also allow you to charge however you like and not take AoO.
In post 578, ConManMick wrote:Yo guys, so further to discussions in Hobo, I'm looking at re-tooling my build and/or starting from scratch. Looking for recommendations and ideas for what I should do. My requirements are:
-I want to play front line melee so y'all can do your shit unimpeded
This build is kinda frontliney, but not really.
-I'd prefer to play sort of an evasive style, dart-in stab-stab-stab dart-out, but still be able to hold my own if my back's to the wall
This build is all about charging anyway you like, going in, killin shit, then running to the next thing that needs dying
-Want to focus on DPS
-I'd prioritise guaranteed/consistent damage output over chance of huge damage
So at lvl 9, no items, full drunk.
Build 1: 7(BAB) + 9(str) +2(charge) -2 (flurry) = +16/+16/+11 to hit
Damage: 9 (1x cause flurry) + 3x7(Leap Attack) +1d6 = 33.5 damage on average per hit

Build 2: 8(BAB) + 7(str) +2(charge) -2 (flurry) = +15/+15/+10 to hit
Damage: 7 (1x cause flurry) + 3x8(Leap Attack) +1d6 = 34.5 damage on average per hit

You are reasonably likely to hit since most of your attacks use your max hit. Furthermore, with a +2 quarterstaff and haste, those values not only go up, but you'll get a 3rd attack at max hit.
So you'll be mostly hitting and dealing reasonable amounts of damage per hit.
-Also interested, alternatively, in semi-tanking and dealing mid level damage
-I'm thinking something in the fighter/paladin/ranger archetype

Probably more stuff but for now that's it, will edit later maybe
This build is also kinda fightery since it takes only fighter levels after it finishes up with drunken master.

Major Downside: You are very vulnerable after a charge. Enemy mooks can full PA against you for free and you are basically guaranteed to be hit. You'll need to rely on your party to make sure the you don't get targeted between charges.

So yeah, this is a super Glass Cannon build.

I can go into the specifics if you want.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

EDT**
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown

Return to “The Arcade”