[WIKI] Creating pages for variable open setups and EVs

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Mathdino »

1. Agree.
2. Agree.
3. Fair enough. I think just for aesthetic purposes, 3:10 White Flag should be titled
- Mini White Flag
- White Flag 13p
- White Flag 10:3
Just doesn't look pretty with the numbers in front.

5. How do you propose this is done? I found the page's organisation pretty logical. Every calculation builds on those above it.

I can help.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I've been using The EV Project as standard, which puts the number of townies first, often listing factions in order of decreasing size (so jungle oligarchy would be 8:3:2).

Aesthetically, I think that looks better, but functionally, I agree with you that the number of mafia seems most important. It just strikes me as something that could cause hangups over how to format, for example, SK setups.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Fair enough.

What I appreciate about the EV Project is that it posts its full work, so I can use the fractions for my own calculations. The series starting with Numbers, Part 1 is harder to parse. I haven't seen any other pages detailing calculations like that.

How do you propose it be overhauled?

On a sidenote, I think the Numbers pages should probably be phased out/moved entirely due to redundancy, difficulty in reading, and outdatedness.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”