Upcoming Changes

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Upcoming Changes

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by mith »

Code: Select all

2017 Donations:  $56.47
   Paypal Fees: -$  3.82
   Domain Name: -$ 13.96
   Server Cost: -$1351.51
           Net: -$1312.82

It is difficult for me to post this announcement, but the rising cost of hosting this website has left me with no other options.

I love this place and I’ve never minded the cost. But my son is going to enter pre-school in the fall, and the wife and I are planning some renovations this summer. I don’t want to alarm anyone but I’ve been quietly working with the admins and staff to make some changes that are going to help the site going forward.

First you may have already noticed we’re selling ad space. This will help fray much of the hosting cost. This necessitates a few changes we didn’t take lightly. Our ad revenue will be based on unique visitors visiting the site, and seeing the ads. To meet our ad revenue goals we need to increase visitors.

We will be making some changes to the site to make it a more attractive option for mafia on the internet. We’ve shorten our name to mfascm. The unique name will both appeal to a younger audience and make it easier to find us on google. Right now our competitors are offering a much faster experience for mafia, so we are going to follow suit. The Listmods will be rolling out new requirements for mafia games. They will be shorter, and more frequent, like marathon games. This change will happen in all queues, and each Listmod should post the details. Mish Mash will make a less extreme change, because that part of the forum features games that don’t even happen on our forum.

You’ll also see paid content in Discussion and Sitechat. Please treat the paid content like you would any other content in those areas.

We have a large benchmark to clear for ad revenue. If you just want to donate and lower our benchmark a little you can click on the link below.

Thanks for a great 16 years, here is to 16 more.

Cheers,
mith
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #67 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:12 am

Post by mith »

In post 65, Kison wrote:Mith won the McDonald's monopoly's million bucks, so we don't need ads anymore.
Shh, don't tell them that, they won't donate any more.

Seriously, though - you got eerily close on some of the details in the OP; we
have
been discussing pre-school (or related programs) for Luke recently, and we need a new fence so he can play in the back yard safely.

Return to “News”