The Venting Chamber

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Has your child been offered any other treatment before drugs? They're a last resort at best.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:29 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Yeah, unless he's hurting people when he puts his hands on them (doesn't seem the case in this context), you need to get a second opinion on drugging your kid.

When you get to the office, if you see lots of medication posters/ads, that's a red flag.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:46 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 18, Kublai Khan wrote:Around the home, things are different. Most of the biggest issues with behavior exist because he has a 3 year old sister. So there is a tendency towards silliness which can result in "running/chasing/screaming/laughing" type play that drives us nuts. And sometimes it takes a few times asking to get him to stop. There are issues with sharing toys, etc.. But that's pretty normal. He tends to get really focused on making his Lego Technic creations and keeps bugging for more kits. He has a few chores like feeding the dogs and doing laundry. He can cook some basic meals. He loves doing science experiments. He is annoyingly silly at times (sorry, i'm trying to be honest). Like if he's doing some simple task (like walking through the house), then he'll choose to do it a silly way. Like making obnoxious mouth sounds or walking with a weird shuffle. I don't think it's outside of normal behavior for his age, but I feel like it should be happening at a lower frequency. Plus he still has a lot of issue with certain food textures but I don't think that's attention related.
I'm 22, and I think the only things in here I don't do at one point or another involve sharing toys, and keeping myself in situations where I know I'm annoying people. Like, there's still times where I find myself running through the house (definitely a rarity now, but it happens). I broke one of my toenails from it like a month ago. Whatever. And I still slide on hardwood floors with socks like a fucking passion. The obnoxious sounds I used to make just slowly turned into random bouts of vocal warm ups. And I'm sitting on a social media site instead of doing my homework right now.

I mean, I can't speak on the frequency that you're seeing, but my parents used to be able to tell we were physically sick when we *weren't* exhibiting these behaviors.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:47 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I guess what it all ultimately goes back to though is that it really doesn't sound like he's hurting himself or others
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:51 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 24, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 13, drealmerz7 wrote:there's no such thing as ADD, so no medication is going to do anything good except maybe some surface behavioral shit that will just totally mess up the brainchemistry and make things harder for him
My wife's DSM V manual pages 31-35 says you are full of shit. Don't talk about things you clearly are not educated on.
What a profitable argument that can destroy people's lives with no means of recourse
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:23 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I was with you up until you started defending traditional medicine

Return to “General Discussion”