Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:30 am

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: Vax

Also,

HURT: Vax

Problem solved

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:44 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Actually, my vote was a "i don't actually give a fuck" vote. If I was to actually care at this point, I wouldn't be voting for you and I'd be trying to get someone else immunised. But that's effort.
I mostly just lurk now.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2506, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 2504, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2497, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 2494, MathBlade wrote:Oh and shove it mutant. You’re obvScum with Lift.
Why are you so hostile over me accusing Chickadee?

I mean, we all know the answer, but I'd like you to entertain me.
I am hostile because scum control this game, I can do nothing about it, and when I try I am labeled scum.

Someone
finally
listens and they MUST be scum *rolls eyes*

Your “case” is pathetic.

I just want this “game” over with.
My case proves Chickadee is cult through logic and probability. If you disagree, point out any faults in the logic. I don’t see any. Hence, I conclude she is cult.
There is no case/probability as there is no foundation from which to make such claims.

I will reread your case tonight but when the playerbase doesn’t have any clues/motivation there is no way to say any given action is scummy except from associations and as soon as I post game comes alive saying I am scum?

People just don’t want active neutrals. It’s that simple.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:20 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Math, this is a summary of the Chickadee case:

Chickadee shot a claimed PR.
This PR happened to be lovers with another PR that had been recruited.
This means we now have confirmation that PRs CAN be recruited.
A cult discovering this information would want to immediately recruit Chickadee since she was the strongest claimed PR.
If a cult already knew PRs could be recruited, they would have already recruited Chickadee since she was the strongest claimed PR.
We can conclude that Chickadee isn't in the same cult as Boon since she caused Boon to die.

So basically:

- If a cult already knew PRs could be recruited, they would have recruited Chickadee immediately after discovering this.
- The fact that she shot a claimed PR would suggest this is the case.

- If she wasn't culted when she took that shot, the discovery that PRs can definitely be recruited would mean that she would be very valuable to cults due to possessing kills.
- The opposite cult to Boon's would have full confidence that Chickadee isn't already recruited since she caused Boon to die.

Either way you look at it, Chickadee has almost definitely been culted - most likely by the opposite cult to Boon's since they'd have to be absolute morons to not cult her after she made that shot.
I mostly just lurk now.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:26 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I still havent iso'd you yet mutante, but you are arguing with someone who is def in a cult.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2528, mutantdevle wrote:Math, this is a summary of the Chickadee case:

Chickadee shot a claimed PR.
This PR happened to be lovers with another PR that had been recruited.
This means we now have confirmation that PRs CAN be recruited.
A cult discovering this information would want to immediately recruit Chickadee since she was the strongest claimed PR.
If a cult already knew PRs could be recruited, they would have already recruited Chickadee since she was the strongest claimed PR.
We can conclude that Chickadee isn't in the same cult as Boon since she caused Boon to die.

So basically:

- If a cult already knew PRs could be recruited, they would have recruited Chickadee immediately after discovering this.
- The fact that she shot a claimed PR would suggest this is the case.

- If she wasn't culted when she took that shot, the discovery that PRs can definitely be recruited would mean that she would be very valuable to cults due to possessing kills.
- The opposite cult to Boon's would have full confidence that Chickadee isn't already recruited since she caused Boon to die.

Either way you look at it, Chickadee has almost definitely been culted - most likely by the opposite cult to Boon's since they'd have to be absolute morons to not cult her after she made that shot.
Mutant, why does this matter?

Really?

Who fucking cares?

She culted based on your reasoning. What are you going to do about it? Have you examined the rest of her ISO to determine a likely leader? If you haven't, this is pretty much useless information.

Oh, and I'll share this because I think drealmerz might think I'm playing against my wincon by doing it: I haven't bothered submitting a jailkeep in DAYS.

At first because i didn't want to risk keeping Chickadees vig from going through, and then after that because I failed to see a benefit to it in the game state, with the shitty ruleset we're playing under where I'd never know if my ability actually did anything.

(I think it might be possible that like, I'm a cult leader and just don't know it, and that's why the game is taking so long, because I haven't been using my action that I think is a jailkeep, but is actually a recruit). *shrug*
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:36 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Also, this is a thing, but I haven't been recruited, so, cults probably can't recruit non-humanoid things.

Which means Chickadee has probably not been culted.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:04 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

You know what would make this game more interesting? A counter telling how many each team has. I think it would increase engagement.

That and lynching.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:05 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 2531, Cerberus v666 wrote:Also, this is a thing, but I haven't been recruited, so, cults probably can't recruit non-humanoid things.
This is interesting. I'm assuming your role PM doesn't explicitly say this?

Games played.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2532, Vaxkiller wrote:You know what would make this game more interesting? A counter telling how many each team has. I think it would increase engagement.

That and lynching.
YES! KNOWING SOMETHING WOULD BE AMAZING.
In post 2533, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 2531, Cerberus v666 wrote:Also, this is a thing, but I haven't been recruited, so, cults probably can't recruit non-humanoid things.
This is interesting. I'm assuming your role PM doesn't explicitly say this?
No, it doesn't explicitly say it. It makes sense though, and fits in with my slot not having been recruited yet, and the Janet slot ending up recruited. As I said on D1, my role is *probably* the most powerful thing a cult v cult team could have on it's side(other than an unlimited vig), so I can't think of any reason other than immunity for not being recruited.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:45 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 2530, Cerberus v666 wrote:Mutant, why does this matter?
I was just explaining my reasoning for people that were asking...
I mostly just lurk now.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2535, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 2530, Cerberus v666 wrote:Mutant, why does this matter?
I was just explaining my reasoning for people that were asking...
Mkay.

And do you have anything to say about the fact that I haven't been recruited, as a non-humanoid PR, and how that relates to your conclusions?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Drixx »

Apparently despite all prior attempts failing, someone has complained that I'm not using my ability or something. Someone who has reason to expect I won't think you're a cult give me some targets please.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:55 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

What is your ability?

Games played.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2537, Drixx wrote:Apparently despite all prior attempts failing, someone has complained that I'm not using my ability or something. Someone who has reason to expect I won't think you're a cult give me some targets please.
What ability is this? I haven't paid *any* attention to this in awhile.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:17 am

Post by Vecna »

im guessing the thing that roleblokcs 3 people or something (even I forgot)

Lets just push through this immunize on Vax. Im starting to suspect that what cerb is saying could be accurate (hence me not being recruited, as a non-human lips type of thing). Maybe cults really just have been trying desperately to try and recruit PR's only to get burned in the effort.
Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil
Goon
Lifthrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:59 am

Post by Lifthrasil »

In post 2523, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 2520, Vecna wrote:Im not certain he -was- cult before today, but I find him an excellent target for a cult recruitment today.
So, isnt this a good thing im going to be immunized? Or do I miss-understanding the order of actions in this game.
Yes, actions resolve 'first submitted, first processed'. And unfortunately the LAST vote counts as immunisation action submission. That means, if a cult holds back their conversion attempt until a train is going, they can convert the person about to be immunized, thereby invalidating the immunization. It's a stupid rule, but that's how it is. The only thing they risk by doing so is that the other scum team is quicker and submitted their conversion of the same person a bit earlier.

The only thing going for town is, that cults, once they have submitted a conversion attempt, can't change their conversion target for this play phase. That means, if then another promising train starts, they can't switch targets. Also, they cant switch to Vax if they already submitted some other target before the Vax train started, out of fear of Vecna ending the play phase prematurely (thereby losing their conversion shot). So it is possible that you are going to be converted tonight, even if the train on you finishes, but it's also possible that both scum teams are already locked on someone else. Then you would be safe from conversion for the rest of the game.
Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil
Goon
Lifthrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by Lifthrasil »

In post 2540, Vecna wrote: Maybe cults really just have been trying desperately to try and recruit PR's only to get burned in the effort.
It's quite possible that some PRs are immune to conversion, but I find it strange that that isn't stated in the role PM. Mine implied that I could be recruited (by saying that I lose one of my powers if I'm recruited, which wouldn't make sense if recruitment wasn't possible). So perhaps it's the other way round and one is only recruitable if the role PM says so. ... We'll probably only know once the game ends.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2542, Lifthrasil wrote:
In post 2540, Vecna wrote: Maybe cults really just have been trying desperately to try and recruit PR's only to get burned in the effort.
It's quite possible that some PRs are immune to conversion, but I find it strange that that isn't stated in the role PM. Mine implied that I could be recruited (by saying that I lose one of my powers if I'm recruited, which wouldn't make sense if recruitment wasn't possible). So perhaps it's the other way round and one is only recruitable if the role PM says so. ... We'll probably only know once the game ends.
My role PM simply tells me that I'm an elevator, and I can jailkeep people.

Nothing else.

Not even a win con.

(which is why I was suggesting maybe I'M actually a cult leader!)
Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil
Goon
Lifthrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by Lifthrasil »

In post 2537, Drixx wrote:Apparently despite all prior attempts failing, someone has complained that I'm not using my ability or something. Someone who has reason to expect I won't think you're a cult give me some targets please.
So far no town-aligned investigative PR has stepped forward with any information. So probably none exist. I'm not going to use my active power ever, since I don't see any point in using it. So you are welcome to block me all you want, but it would be a waste of your power. And you probably can't block Vecna, since regular powers only are processed at 'Pause' - i.e. after the Time Warp is already processed. The claimed killing PR (Chickadee) is in cult hands and according to herself out of kill-shots by now but can roleblock too. So you might block her, just to be on the safe side. Or, since we don't know what we are doing anyhow, you might as well exhaust all your shots in one Pause and block everyone. Then you at least have a chance of blocking one or both CLs and preventing a conversion, I guess.

So, this would be my advice: either block Chick or block everyone.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2544, Lifthrasil wrote:
So far no town-aligned investigative PR has stepped forward with any information. So probably none exist. I'm not going to use my active power ever, since I don't see any point in using it. So you are welcome to block me all you want, but it would be a waste of your power. And you probably can't block Vecna, since regular powers only are processed at 'Pause' - i.e. after the Time Warp is already processed. The claimed killing PR (Chickadee) is in cult hands and according to herself out of kill-shots by now but can roleblock too. So you might block her, just to be on the safe side. Or, since we don't know what we are doing anyhow, you might as well exhaust all your shots in one Pause and block everyone. Then you at least have a chance of blocking one or both CLs and preventing a conversion, I guess.

So, this would be my advice: either block Chick or block everyone.
Maybe you should address what I said earlier about how unlikely it is that Chickadee is actually culted, given that she's a pack of dogs.
Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil
Goon
Lifthrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Lifthrasil »

In post 2543, Cerberus v666 wrote:
My role PM simply tells me that I'm an elevator, and I can jailkeep people.

Nothing else.

Not even a win con.

(which is why I was suggesting maybe I'M actually a cult leader!)
I guess if you were a CL, your PM would tell you that you can convert people. Also, from the flavour of the movie, I would expect the opposing CLs to be Frank and Riff-Raff. Or Frank and Dr. von Scott.
Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil
Goon
Lifthrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Lifthrasil »

In post 2545, Cerberus v666 wrote: Maybe you should address what I said earlier about how unlikely it is that Chickadee is actually culted, given that she's a pack of dogs.
A pack of dogs can be trained, so I don't buy her claim not to be recruitable. And her shooting Porkens seemed very scummy to me.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2547, Lifthrasil wrote:
In post 2545, Cerberus v666 wrote: Maybe you should address what I said earlier about how unlikely it is that Chickadee is actually culted, given that she's a pack of dogs.
A pack of dogs can be trained, so I don't buy her claim not to be recruitable. And her shooting Porkens seemed very scummy to me.

You're missing the point.

I'm an unlimited jailkeeper, the sort that prevents ALL actions from being done to or by my target.

I can be used to 1) keep members of their cult alive, 2) stop recruit attempts by targeting likely recruits, and 3) stop ALL recruit attempts by repeatedly targeting the other cult leader.

Why wouldn't I be recruited by either cult if it were possible?

If it's not possible to recruit me, why would it be possible to recruit her?
Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil
Goon
Lifthrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by Lifthrasil »

In post 2548, Cerberus v666 wrote: If it's not possible to recruit me, why would it be possible to recruit her?
Two questions:
1. Does your PM say that you are immune to recruitment?
2. Do you see any difference between an elevator and a (pack of) dog(s)?

If the answer to the second question is no, please do me the favour and try to enter a dog to ride it to another floor the next time you see one. :wink:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”