Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Cephrir »

To be clear, the "work" I referred to was on the administrative/coding side, not ours.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:31 pm

Post by Cephrir »

The time of the people who voluntarily do coding work is, as you know, very limited and we can't make unlimited demands upon it. Hosting games here is desirable, but not sustainable. My (likely incomplete as I'm not a tech person) understanding is that the current system will not be usable in the future due to incompatibility with the forum upgrade.

There are a few left *because* we were proactive about securing some in advance. I believe we have more ready at once right now than we ever have in the past.

We don't have control over what actions Proboards may decide to take in the future. A solution that ensures guaranteed game preservation is desirable. I don't currently have one, but it's something we will discuss.

A new complete forum creation guide would be nice to have. Now that we know Proboards will likely be the solution going forward, that should be the focus of any such effort, but this is a recent development. The idea that we don't care because this one task hasn't been completed is rather uncharitable; if we didn't care we would not volunteer our time in support of this community at all.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Social Game Archive”