Mish Mash Rules + Game List

This forum is for playing games other than Mafia and Mafia variants.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #298 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Have you every wanted to be a serial killer? Have you ever wanted to play a game where everyone is a serial killer? Well in one week signups start for...

Everyone is an Serial Killer Ultimate! - Killing Spree Mafia
[/u]

It has been run 3 times an approved to run in mish mash.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=72658

Previous runnings of this game
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35634
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=35733
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=61250
Everyone's Role PM wrote:You and everyone else in the game is a serial killer. Each night you must send a kill and a protect. You can not protect yourself. You can vote, lynch, and talk during the day. All deaths will be revealed as "XXX has died, he was a serial killer." You can also talk at night in the same game thread! Carefully pick your victims and make the right alliances to survive as long as you can. Survive to the end of the game and you may win...
Returning game mechanics being used
:
-Every player must send a kill and a protect at each night. You can not protect yourself.
Protects block 1 kill

-Players can be voted out during the day, but they don't have to be. No lynching is possible and likely to happen

Returning end game mechanic for if only two players are alive:

-Final two players alive send me a vote. If all players alive vote draw, they share the win. If one player alive votes win and the others vote draw, then the player who votes win will win. If all players alive vote win, then all dead players win. If there are more than two players alive then game continues as normal.

New in game mechanic:

-Random Crits:
When a kill is sent, I roll a 4 sided dice for you. If a 1 is rolled then your kill now counts as two kills
for a critical hit. If you do not get a random crit, but your target still dies, your next dice roll will have 1 less side (ex: 4 sided is now 3 sided). If you roll a critical hit, your dice will be reset regardless of whether the target dies. If your target survives, your dice will also be reset to 4. You will not be told if you got a critical hit.

FAQ:

Q: Is this a Mafia Game?
A: There is no Informed Minority, No Uninformed Majority and no talking outside the game thread. So its been approved to be run in this forum since its not really mafia

Q: But PokerFace what if 3 people all target the same guy, and he dies?
A: Then all 3 killers have their dice reduced assuming none of them rolled a random crit. If one of them got a crit, then that one will have their dice reset while the others get their dice reduced

Q: What happens if a player does not send you a kill at night?
A: Then their kill never happens. It targets no one

Q: What happens if a player does not send a protect at night?
A: Someone that is not that same player will get protected at random.

Q: What if I got to be away during the night?
A: Then you should send your choices to me in advance before you go away.

Q: How many people are allowed to sign up?
A: No limit. You got 3 days to signup, after that no more players can join. Signups gonna be Aug 7 and last for 3 days.
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #300 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

The game I announced two posts ago
viewtopic.php?p=9477491#p9477491
Is taking signups
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=72921
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #362 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Have you every wanted to be a serial killer? Have you ever wanted to play a game where everyone is a serial killer? Well in about a week signups start for...

Everyone is an Serial Killer!
[/u]

This game has been run before and approved to run in the mish mash forum.

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=72921
Everyone's Role PM wrote:You and everyone else in the game is a serial killer. Each night you must send a kill choice and a protect choice. If you do not send a protect, your actions will not count. You can not choose to protect yourself. You can vote, lynch, and talk during the day. You can also talk at night in the same game thread! All deaths will be revealed as "XXX has died as a serial killer." Carefully pick your victims and make the right alliances to survive as long as you can. Survive to the end of the game and you may win...
Returning game mechanics being used
:
-Players can be voted out during the day, but they don't have to be. No lynching is possible
-Every player must send a kill and a protect each night. You can not protect yourself. If you do not send a protect with a kill, then your kill will not go through. You must send both or you do nothing at night. You can not choose to protect yourself. Protects block only 1 kill. If you only get protected once and you are targets for 2 or more kills, you are going to die.

End game mechanics

-If all players organize a circle kill, PokerFace wins
-If 1 player is currently alive, that player wins the game
-If 3 or more players are currently alive, game continues
-If 2 players are the only ones alive then we go directly to night and they both must send me a choice, Shoot or Truce. If both players truce, they share the win. If one shoots and the other sends truce, the shooter wins. If both shoot, all currently dead players win, both shooters lose.

New in game mechanic:

-Super Kill: If you receive the most protects or are tied for the most protects at night, your kill is super charged! It will succeed regardless of how many protects are in its way!

FAQ:

A: There is no Informed Minority, No Uninformed Majority and no talking outside the game thread. The thread will not be locked during the night either. So its been approved to be run in this forum since its not really mafia.

Q: What happens if a player only sends a kill and does not send a protect?
A: Protects must be sent at night. You can't avoid protecting by not sending it. If you do not send both actions, then none of your actions occur that night. You get nothing!

Q: What if I got to be away during the night?
A: Then you should send your choices to me in advance before you go away.

Q. Do you plan to end night early in the event you get all choices early?
A. No, all nights will end at their designated times and not before. I currently plan to have them last 2 days instead of 3 like last time.

Q. Can I change my targets after I have sent it to you?
A. As long as I get it before the night ends, sure.

Players can post in game during both day and night phases. Game will only be locked if I am in process of writing the end of night scene. That will take me a few minutes at most. So if you ever see thread is locked, come back in a few minutes and it won't be. This game has no set player limit. Signups gonna open either April 9th and last for 3 days. Game will start After that.
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #364 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

My last post has been edited as I have thought of a necessary rule change. In the past if you did not send a kill and a protect I would randomize your protect. Since you could randomly get extra kills, this was fine. One random thing could cancel out the other. As this is not the case here (Super Kills are earned based on protects you earn) I have decided not to randomize any night actions. If you only send a kill at night and don't send a protect, you will do nothing at night. You must send both in order to do anything. This should make it impossible for a player to get a super kill off of a random protect.

If players organize a circle kill in the game thread and follow through with those actions at night so all players die, then all players lose and the mod wins. If a circle kill randomly happens, I see no posts in game that directly lead to an organized circle kill, then I will come up with some fair means of deciding the victor, as I myself do not randomly deserve to win. Players don't deserve to be punished by a random circle kill, so I only win if the players organize it to try to game the system.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #365 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

Everyone is a SK is now in signups
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=75835
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #375 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

Have you every wanted to be a serial killer? Have you ever wanted to play a game where everyone is a serial killer? Well in about a week signups start for...

[/u]

Going to give the Role Blocker version a try to see if its better or worse than the doc version

Everyone's Role PM wrote:You and everyone else in the game is a serial killer. Each night you must send a kill choice or you will kill yourself. You can vote, lynch, and talk during the day. You can also talk at night in the same game thread. You can prevent one player from killing you each night. Simply select a player and if they try to kill you that night, they will not succeed. If they try to kill anyone else that night, you won't be able to prevent it. If you manage to successfully prevent your own death, you will be given a second prevent that can be used on future nights. You can not have more than two prevents. If three people try to kill you in one night, you will die. All deaths will be revealed as "XXX has died as a serial killer." Work well with others during the day and carefully pick your victims at night to survive as long as you can. Survive to the end of the game and you may win...
Basic Mechanics
:
-Players can be voted out during the day, but they don't have to be. No lynching is possible
-The game will start with night 0 where all players can send a kill and a prevent

Regulations and Resolutions:

-If 3 or more players are alive and NO player can theoretically block all other players, the game must continue.
-If 3 players are alive and at least 1 player has two role blocks, the player(s) with 2 role blocks go to end game. If all 3 have 2 blocks, those 3 win together
-If all players die in the same night, no one unlocks new role blocks for that night. The night is replayed as though it never happened. Each player must change at least one of their action targets when the night is replayed. If you do not do this, you will kill yourself that night.

End Game Mechanics:

-If 1 player remains, that player wins the game
-If 2 players remain then we go to a Final Phase. Both players must send me a choice, Shoot or Truce. If both players truce, they share the win. If one shoots and the other sends truce, the shooter wins. If both shoot, all currently dead players win, both shooters lose.

FAQ:

A: There is no Informed Minority Faction or Uninformed Majority Faction built directly into the game. There is no talking outside the game thread. The thread will not be locked during the night either. This game has been approved to be run in the mish mash forum since its not really mafia.

Q: If 3 people are live, I have two role blocks, X has two role blocks, and Z has two role blocks, what happens?
A: The 3 of you share the win.

Q: If 3 people are live, I have two role blocks, X has two role blocks, and Z has one role block, what happens?
A: You and X go to two player end game.

Q: If 3 people are live, I have two role blocks, X has one role block, and Z has one role block, what happens?
A: You go to end game by yourself, which means you win it all.

Q. How long will each night last?
A. 2-3 days. If I get all action before 2 days, it will end after 2 days. If it takes longer for me to receive all actions, it will last 3 days. If someone has still not sent a kill in those 3 days, that player will target themselves. They will suicide and any other actions/abilities that player has will target no one.

Q: What if I am gonna be on V/la during the night?
A: Then you should give me V/la notice and or send your choices to me in advance so that you don't kill yourself the next night.

Q. Can I change my actions at night after I have already sent them to you?
A. As long as I get the changes before the night ends, sure.

Players can post in game during both day and night phases. Game will only be locked if I am in process of writing the end of night scene. If you see the thread locked, you can no longer change your actions for that night. The thread will only be locked for a few minutes at most. So if you ever see the thread is locked, come back in a few minutes and it won't be. This game has no set player limit.

Main game thread opens for signups in 1 week. Signups will last one week and then game will begin with a night start
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #378 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #408 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

[/u]

This time the game will be dayless. NO LYNCHING. Super Kill is only anti-stalemate mechanic in use

Attempted running of this exact game

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=78862
Everyone's Role PM wrote:You and everyone else in the game is a serial killer. Each night you must send a kill choice and a protect choice. You can not choose to protect yourself. If you do not send a protect of another player, your kill will target yourself and you will protect no one. No communication outside of the game thread. You can post in thread whenever it is unlocked. All deaths will be revealed as "XXX has died as a serial killer." Carefully pick your victims and make the right alliances to survive as long as you can. Survive to the end of the game and you may win...
Basic Mechanics
: -Every player must send a kill and a protect each night. You can not protect yourself. If you do not send a protect of another player, your kill will target yourself and you will protect no one. Protects prevent only 1 kill. If you only get protected once and you are targets for 2 or more kills, you are going to die. The game will start with night 0 where all players can send a kill and protect

Regulations and Resolutions
: -If 3 or more players are currently alive, the game must continue. If all players die in the same night, the night is replayed. Each player must change at least one of their actions in some way when the night is replayed. If you do not change at least one of your actions, you will die that night.

End Game Mechanics
: -If only 1 player is currently alive, that player wins the game. If only 2 players are alive then we go directly to the Final Phase. Both living players must send me a choice, Shoot or Truce. If both players truce, they share the win. If one shoots and the other sends truce, the shooter wins. If both shoot, all currently dead players win, both shooters lose.

Anti-Stalemate Mechanics (Select At Least One)
:
Using option B. Game will be Dayless

Option A. Enforced Lynching

-Game has both a day and a night phase. Game will not be locked during either phase. Players can continue to talk during each phase. During the day a majority vote will result in a player's lynch. If a majority is not reached, the player with the most votes will be lynched. Should there be a tie for most votes, lynch the player that got most votes first.

Option B. Super Kill

-A Day phase
WON'T HAPPEN
may or may not exist
. During the Night phase, if a player receives the most protects or is tied for the most protects at night, their kill is super charged! It will succeed regardless of how many protects are in its way!

FAQ:

A: There is no Informed Minority Faction or Uninformed Majority Faction built directly into the game. There is no talking outside the game thread. The thread will not be locked during the night either. This game has been approved to be run in the mish mash forum since its not really mafia.

Q. How long will each night last?
A. 2-3 days. If I get all action before 2 days, it will end after 2 days. If it takes longer for me to receive all actions, it will last 3 days. If someone has still not sent a kill in those 3 days, that player will target themselves. They will suicide and any other actions/abilities that player has will target no one.

Q: What if I am gonna be on V/la during the night?
A: Then you should give me V/la notice and or send your choices to me in advance so that you don't kill yourself.

Q. Can I change my actions at night after I have already sent them to you?
A. As long as I get the changes before the night ends, sure.

Players can post in game during the night phases. Game will only be locked if I am in process of writing the end of night scene. If you see the thread locked, you can no longer change your actions for that night. The thread will only be locked for a few minutes. So if you ever see the thread is locked, come back in a few minutes and it won't be. This game has no set player limit.

Main game thread opens for signups in 1 week. Signups will last one week and then game will begin with a night start

Return to “The Whole Sort of General Mish Mash”