Marathon Weekend (Done)

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 0, zoraster wrote:Time to start planning for the next Marathon Weekend! It'll run Friday, February 17th through Monday, February 20th.

Marathon Days are for games that are intended to be played in one sitting, usually 30 minutes to a couple of hours. Any user can run a marathon game during the Marathon Weekend: just start a thread for sign ups and start as you wish. Any player (who isn't banned) can play in a marathon game.
Are people gonna need to join the member group we created to have private topic access for marathons again. I can't remember if/how we handled it differently last time. You remember Zor?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Oh right I was out condo hunting back then so I didn't have time to authorize everyone. You were busy too so you just gave everyone access without them need to join the group

So we giving everyone access or we forcing people to join our group this time?

If people got to join our group you should explain to people how that's done.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 23, PokerFace wrote:Oh right I was out condo hunting back then so I didn't have time to authorize everyone. You were busy too so you just gave everyone access without them need to join the group

So we giving everyone access or we forcing people to join our group this time?

If people got to join our group you should explain to people how that's done.
To get Private topic access for marathon day, follow the instructions outlined here:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=62246
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Coming to marathon day...

Everyone is a Serial Killer 4

aka

Killing Spree Mafia

Previous runnings of this game
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35634
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=35733
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=61250

Other helpful game info:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p5507778
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p5524653

Returning game mechanics being used:
-Every player must send a kill and a protect at each night. You can not protect yourself. Protects block 1 kill
-Players can be voted out during the day, but they don't have to be. No lynching is possible

Returning end game mechanic for if only two players are alive:
-Final two players alive send me a vote. If all players alive vote draw, they share the win. If one player alive votes win and the others vote draw, then the player who votes win will win. If all players alive vote win, then all dead players win.

New in game mechanic:

-Killing Spree (Random Crits): When a kill is sent, I roll a 4 sided dice for you. If a 1 is rolled then your kill now counts as two for a critical hit. If you do not get a random crit, but your target still dies, your next dice roll will have 1 less side (ex: 4 sided is now 3 sided). If you roll a critical hit, your dice will be reset regardless of whether its target dies. If your target survives, your dice will also be reset to 4. You will not be told if you got a critical hit.
Last edited by PokerFace on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The game I spoke of earlier I will try to run on friday 8pm EST if that time does not work out or get enough sign ups I will try again sunday morningish or monday evening. My saturday is looking pretty booked.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #57 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

Updated the grammar of my previous game advertisement. Killing Spree, Double Kill, Random Crit. Given how much I love Team Fortress 2 I am leaning towards call the mechanic Random Crits while leaving the game name as Killing Spree Mafia.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #78 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have been looking forward to this coming back. I am gonna run another

Everyone is a Serial Killer Mafia!

Its time for part 4 with slightly different mechanics. Things will work similar to part 3. If 3 or more people are alive, game continues. If 2 are alive we go to the shoot or no shoot endgame just like in last part. If only 1 person is alive, that person wins. NEW MECHANIC = If everyone dies (Outside 2 player end game scenario) then I win! Yes i gave myself a win condition to avoid players taking advantage of the old circle kill for all player victory strategy. You see there will be some new killing mechanics introduced in part 4 in the next paragraph. And the old cricle kill strategy could break the new mechanics pretty hard. So to avoid that happening I've created an "all players lose, I win" mechanic to stop it. Time to discuss the new special killing mechanic.

The killing spree mechanic we had last time could reward people at random. What's better than being rewarded at random? Earning your reward! In part 4 if you receive the most protects at night then your kill for that night is super charged! It will be guaranteed to work regardless of how many protects are in its way. If more than one person has the most protects, then each player with the most protects, gets their kill super charged! (This why i have to derail the circle kill strategy. Everyone could plan to super kill everyone, and where's the fun in that?) Use your charisma and day play to get protects at night, so you can super kill your enemies!

I will run this on either March 30th, 31st or April 2nd. I won't be running a game on the holiday.
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #82 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

Note: I edited my last post to better clarify why the new rules/mechanics were being introduced.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #92 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 83, xyzzy wrote:when will we be able to request access to the marathon weekend moderator group?
Zoraster and I are the leaders of that group. In the past the group was set to request only, but I believe we put it in open status during last years marathon weekend so that anyone who wants access instantly gets it, that way games were more easily created. I'll pm zoraster and see if he has any problem with me setting it to open status a little early. I'll post here when its open.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #104 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Zoraster has not responded to my pm or given an objection to me opening the marathon group early. As we plan to wipe the group clean after marathon weekend I don't think he'll be upset if I open it a day early. So tomorrow I will make it open so people can start joining it.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #105 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

zoraster wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Is it alright if I set the user group to open so people can start signing up for it?
go for it
It is open now. You can join the "Marathon Weekend PT Group" to get pt access for the marathon weekend. The group will cleaned out after the weekend is over
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #132 (isolation #11) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by PokerFace »

When you say open until April 2, it will be open all of April 2 right?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #143 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

Thanks zoraster, I will empty the marathon pt group now if it has not already been done

I hope you bring back no effort mafia next time
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #144 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

the group has been empty, only I am zoraster are still in it

Return to “News”