Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by Iammars »

Hey guys. We're probably at lynch-or-lose today. Anyone who hasn't claimed needs to claim.

As of last night, I still haven't found Curious George. I really hope I haven't gotten two useless investigator roles in the previous course of events. However, I'm pretty sure that Curious George isn't part of the mafia.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:04 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'd like Farside to claim her results.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Glork »

"Hey guys. We're probably at lynch-or-lose today. Anyone who hasn't claimed needs to claim.

As of last night, I still haven't found Curious George. I really hope I haven't gotten two useless invesitgator roles in the previous course of events. However, I'm pretty sure that Curious George isn't part of the mafia."

"I'd lke Farside to claim her results."

Blackberry piped up. "I'd like to know who
that
is."

Everybody else looked up to where he was pointing. Descending slowly from the canopy above them was an individual none of them had ever seen before. He was dressed in a pristine white suit. The man was holding a notepad in his left hand, a pen in his right. He smiled as he touched down on the ground near the group.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen."

"Are... are you
God
?"

The man laughed. "You may call me Glork. I have been watching your group's antics for some time, with a very vested interest."

Iammars looked at the figure incredulously. "How did you fly?"

"Though this is a city of millions" continued Glork, "its fate seems to rest in the hands of the sixteen of you who gathered together just after Mayor Orthros' assassination. The explanation for this is long-winded and far too cliché for anybody to really care. Let it suffice to say that the outcome of your gathering here will impact the fate of all of Fickleton."

Farside frowned. "So, um... why are you here now, and why haven't you shown up before today?"

Glork turned to farside and smiled. "A valid question. I shall answer the latter first. You see, my job here is simple. I am to come in and wrap this whole shindig up when there's a winner."

"A winner?" asked Bookitty. "What is this, some kind of sadistic game for you?"

Glork's smiled widened. "I spent countless hours devising a way to watch sixteen people kill each other off. Of course it's some kind of sadistic game for me."

"B-but... how has one s-s-side 'won' i-if there are s-still s-se-even of us left?" Blackberry was trembling visibly.

"Another valid question. Porochaz? Or might I say... Ogedei?"

The other six individuals looked over at Porochaz, who was holding a notched bow. His face expressionless, Porochaz looked straight at farside22 and loosed an arrow. The arrow lodged firmly into her chest, and she fell backwards. Bookitty ran over to her, but she was gone. Tied to the arrow was a note.

farside22 -- J.B., Warm-Weather Cop

Bookitty's eyes widened.

"Now that that's out of the way... let me answer the former question. Why am I here now? Well... a winner has just been determined."

Iammars cried out. "OBJECTION! There are still three of us and three of them, and now we know who they are! We could take them!" He pointed accusingly at Porochaz, ChaosOmega, and hasdgfas.

"
SILENCE!!
" Glork roared. "That is not how this works! You have no way of overpowering the remaining evil-doers, and if the game goes to night, one of you will be killed. Thus, I have elected to end things
now
, since Ogedei has chosen to kill J.B."

Blackberry began to weep. Bookitty remained frozen and silent.

"Ogedei, Navi, Fog Machine... You might want to avert your eyes. This could get messy."

Glork: Blackberry
Glork: Iammars
Glork: Bookitty

"It is done. Enjoy your city."

Porochaz looked at the other three covered in glorking goo and gagged. "Aww... that's just gross."

farside22 -- J.B., Warm-Weather Cop -- Killed Day Five
Blackberry -- Townie, Townie -- Endglorked Day Five
Iammars -- The Man In The Yellow Hat, Curious George Seeker -- Endglorked Day Five
Bookitty -- Luis de Torres, Fair-Weather Hider -- Endglorked Day Five

Porochaz (Ogedei Khan, Mafia Godfather), ChaosOmega (Fog Machine, Fogmaker), hasdgfas (Navi, Mafia Will-O-The-Wisp), and Cyberbob (Brigadier Thyme, Mafia Tracker) have won!
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:52 am

Post by Glork »

The Mafia:
Skitzer/Porochaz
Ogedei Khan (Mafia Godfather)
-- You are the able leader of this group of rogues (ChaosOmega, Cyberbob, and hasdgfas), seeking to destroy those who stand in your way of conquest. As fierce a warrior and leader as you are, you personally may attempt one extra daykill during the game (by PMing me your choice of whom you would like to kill). The kill will NOT end the day. It is also your job PM me the name of the Mafia's target, as well as the player who will make the kill.
Cyberbob
Brigadier Thyme (Mafia Tracker)
-- Wot wot! Ye don' know who these knaves are, but yer gonna get yerself outta here. With a couple o' friends (Skitzer, ChaosOmega, and hasdgfas) in tow, ye plan on offin' these blokes. An able tracker, ye can follow one other player per nigh' to see where they go. You may both track and kill in the same night.
ChaosOmega
Fog Machine (Mafia Fogmaker)
-- You are, as your name implies, a fog machine! Apparently you're an evil one, too, because you've teamed up with a few others (Skitzer, Cyberbob, and hasdgfas) to take over the world! Once during the game, you may create a fog during the Night, provided you are not making the Mafia's kill that night.. Players will not know that the Night has been fogged until the ensuing morning, but all actions that night will be taken under Foggy conditions.

MOD NOTE: Use of this ability overrides any condition-dependent actions to be taken by other players. They are not roleblocked -- they just never take the action.
hasdgfas
Navi (Mafia Will-O-The-Wisp)
-- Hey! Listen! Some people call you annoying, but everyone knows that you're the hottest video game character of all time. With your allies (Skitzer, ChaosOmega, and Cyberbob), you're going to take out everyone else. Any time you make the Mafia's kill, you will also lure your target away from others. The victim's action (if they have one) will target you instead of whomever that player chose that night.

The town:
IH
Doctor Neo Cortex (Weathermaker)
-- Hey! You're not mad... or evil! You just enjoy experimentation for sciences's sake! Now you've devised this weather-altering device, which you are eager to use. Once during the game, you may PM the mod to change the weather condition for the next time period. (If you send a PM during Day, the weather will be changed for the ensuing Night. If you send a PM during Night, the weather will be changed for the ensuing Day. And yes, you do have the potential to create a Sunny Night. Your machine is just THAT awesome.)
Gorrad
Rogue Santa (Snowy Vigilante)
-- You may be jolly old Saint Nicholas, but you're pissed. Once per Snowy period, you may attempt to send a special little "present" to one bad little player. The unfortunate soul who recieves your present will be killed on the spot. Should you use this action during the day, it will end the day once the kill has been announced.
Niv
Frosty the Snowman (Cold-Weather Townie)
-- You cannot be killed or lynched under Snowy or Blizzard conditions. However, if you are targeted during a Heat Advisory, you will automatically die.
farside22
J.B. (Warm Weather Cop)
-- You are brilliant and deductive, but you are perpetually cold. Once during each Sunny or Heat Advisory period, you may PM me to attempt to deduce the alignment of one player. Otherwise, you're too busy trying to stay warm to take any actions.
Monkey
Inspector Hound (Cop)
-- You're the real Inspector Hound! Once per night, you may investigate one player to attempt to learn their alignment.

MOD NOTE: Paranoid
mikeburnfire
Dr. Mario (Doctor)
-- You've made a habit of destroying viruses using little tiny magic pills, and you're going to do the same here. Once per night, you may attempt to protect one player from harm.
Blackberry
Townie (Vanilla Townie)
-- You are the token Vanilla Townie of the game. You have no speical abilities to speak of... just your vote.
Xtoxm
Coroner Rick (Coroner)
-- You're Coroner Rick! Once during the game, at night, you may examine one unidentified body to learn that player's role and alignment.
armlx
Siren (Miller Roleblocker)
-- A thief and a con artist, you tend to get in trouble with the law... but you're pretty skilled at tricking just about anybody into doing what you want -- in this case, nothing. Once per night, you may target one player. That player will be unable to take any role actions during that night or the subsequent day. However, due to your criminal background, you show up guilty to all investigations performed on you.
konehead/Bookitty
Luis de Torres (Fair-Weather Hider)
-- Being a translator for Christopher Columbus and the first Jewish person to settle in the New world, you know a thing or two about travel. Provided it's not Raining, Snowing, or under a Blizzard, you may choose to hide with a player of your choice each day and each night. Be warned that under Windy conditions, you may not end up where you intended -- should you choose to venture out. Additionally, if you hide with an anti-town player, you will be discovered and brutally murdered.

MOD NOTE: On Windy days, de Torres hides with whomever is two places lower (on the living player list) than whomever he targeted.
Twomz
Lightning Rod (Lightning Rod)
-- You are Lightning Rod, the lightning rod. At the beginning of each Thunderstorm, you may choose to use your ability. If you do, any kills made during that game period will be redirected to you.
Iammars
The Man in the Yellow Hat (Curious George Seeker)
-- You found a cute little monkey in Africa and decided to take him home with you. Unfortunately, he keeps getting into trouble. Each night, you may target one player. You will be told whether or not Curious George is around that player on that night.

MOD NOTE: Curious George can be found with whomever attempts the Mafia's kill that night.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:03 am

Post by Glork »

Okay, Mod's thoughts...

I think the town was in trouble right from D1, with Blackberry's bone-headed play. I've been playing for years, and I've honestly never seen anybody tank their entire town like that right from the get-go. The game certainly wasn't unwinnable, but the whole "fake-claim tracker to try to get somebody lynched on nothing but a hunch after two pages of play" thing was rather moronic. I also think that Blackberry misplayed his role. If I knew I were the only vanilla townie, I'd shut up about it and see if any scumbags claimed to be vanilla townies later in the game. Instead he announced it right from the start, and I think that really helped out the mafia.

As far as game balance goes, there were clearly some roles that were more powerful than others. Iammars' role was intended to be a "vanilla but not really vanilla" role, except that if it survived to very-late-game, he could seal the deal. IH's role was intended to be a big boost to the town, but he went down before he could use his ability. I knew the Fogmaker role was very powerful; I did not expect the Lightning Rod to have to claim and to announce use of his ability beforehand.

The only game-balance thing I'm particularly unhappy with is the swinginess of the game. There were too many roles that depended on a weather condition to be usable. I have already devised a way to fix this for Weather II (yes, there will be a second). Still, it's hard for me to evaluate the game based on how unusually it played out.

I thought the mafia played very well. Twomz and armlx were able to peg the group completely, but everyone else was completely in the dark.

As always, I am open to thoughts, criticism, anything you have to offer. Thanks for playing, and especially for sticking with the game. To have a sixteen-player game with only
TWO
replacements is (sadly enough) nearly unheard of nowadays.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:55 am

Post by hasdgfas »

holy crap. How did we pull that off? I knew we had to kill armlx once he pegged the entire group, we just had to figure out how. Thank you Twomz, for claiming at the perfect time to let us fog it up and confuse the heck out of everyone. Seriously, why wouldn't you read the day scene? Besides being entertaining, it often has something useful for the players to find out.
Let's see...
Blackberry, that was totally insane. Why would you do that? Seriously? I know that we were like "SCORE!" but I don't know what could cause someone to do what you did on page, what was it, 2?
If we had massclaimed at any point, I was screwed. I had no idea what to fake claim. Besides that, I can't think of anything to say at this point besides good work team.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by armlx »

Seriously why did you all lynch Twomz and not realize I died b/c I was right?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by Gorrad »

I didn't kill Hasd. I really wanted to. But I didn't. GG all except Blackberry.

Glork, please give a better balance to the weather in II. I had to wait WAY too long to use my vig. Also, which J.B. was Farside? I got all the other references.

Pre-/in for next
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Glork »

Gorrad wrote:Also, which J.B. was Farside?
J.B. was actually a reference to somebody I know IRL. I didn't expect anybody to understand it. But like I said, rolenames were fairly arbitrary and varied.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Gorrad wrote:I didn't kill Hasd. I really wanted to. But I didn't. GG all except Blackberry.

Glork, please give a better balance to the weather in II. I had to wait WAY too long to use my vig. Also, which J.B. was Farside? I got all the other references.

Pre-/in for next
Well, you almost got a chance to anyway. If I had killed you, you'd have killed me back, if I understand my role correctly.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Arg. Good job scum.

I got outdone by my own failure to comprehend - I read the "no result" I got on armix as him not having gone anywhere.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by farside22 »

I don't understand how the scum got a second kill so fast can you explain Glork?
Plus yes it sucked that I had only 2 investigations and the weather hurt more then helped. If you are going to have a fair weather cop there should have been a winter cop to counter balance the bad weather.
I had Porochaz and hascow. I thought CO was part of it, but wasn't positive.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

farside, read Porochaz's role PM again.
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Niv »

Man I was F*cking pissed when Blackberry made his redicuasally stupid play. i have calmed down a little, but i still would like to know.
Niv wrote:
Gorrad wrote:
Vote: Niv
for spelling everything in his first post correctly.
OMG your right

Vote Niv

Thsi mst be fix;d
Niv wrote:On the doc thing, It may have worked in the past, however now it's so well nown, i find it scummy when people use it as a scumtell.
Niv wrote:
Monkey wrote:EBWOP

This may clear that up ...

Myself wrote: Farside22 obviously didn't know it was a scumtell,
does
doesn't
that make it one now?
Fixed

... and
Unvote: Iammars
, I'm finished with my random vote for now.

Fos: Niv
for assuming that the doc scumtell bit is so well known. Keep in mind that there are always new players joining the site and not all of them know "old scum-tells"

Fos: Farside22
stating the obvious
I think the dock scum tell is terrible, there will be no way of changing my mind.
are all the post's I made in the game before you developed your freeking hunch. what the hell were you thinking?

all in all it looked like a great game, which i'd Have LOVED to play in.
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:58 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Aww..I named 2 of the scum correctly!

I think that's quite good. :P

(Porochaz and Cyberbob)
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Game was lost as soon as the town lost Doctor Mario.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:37 am

Post by Twomz »

Glork wrote: Twomz and armlx were able to peg the group completely, but everyone else was completely in the dark.
This isn't quite true, Armlx deserves all the credit for picking out the scum, i just understood that the mafia messed with me in order to kill him (and frame me I suppose).

Man... just a lot of bad playing after BB's ridiculously stupid play (sorry Niv). And all of it stemmed from that too, I probably wouldn't have gone after Xtoxm if he hadn't of defended BB's bad playing, and that was two free days for the mafia.

And yes, I agree w/ MBF.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”