Everyone is a Serial Killer X! (Game Over)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Everyone is a Serial Killer X! (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

Everyone is an Serial Killer X!
[/u]

The Rules, Stolen from shaft.ed, TSQ, Mr. Stoofer, Flameaxe, Jdodge:

00. I reserve the right to edit these rules at any time should something truly unexpected occur.
01. All votes must be made bold. Unvoting is not required but I heavily perfer it. Any attempts at disguising your voting will be prohibited. If its treated as a vote and I think its a vote, its a vote!
02. A majority of votes is required to lynch. If there is a lynch, no amount of bitching will prevent the lynch from happening. I am a moderator, not a charity.
03. When you live, live well. Live long. Prosper. When you're dead, shut up. Don't post or even pm me. Lie in a grave/furnace/corpse pile. Rot.
04. All days have a 8 day deadline. All nights have a 2 day deadline.
The thread will not lock during night given the nature of this game
. No votes will be counted at night but you are welcome to wifom and make alliances as you please.
05. Players can be voted out during the day, but they don't have to be. No lynching is possible. To do this simply post
Vote: No Lynch
. Should this vote reach a majority. It will happen. If no majority is reached when the day ends, then there will be a no lynch by default.
06. This isn't technically mafia. There is no informed minority or uninformed majority. Every player really is an SK. That's why this game is allowed in mish mash
07. Every player must send a kill and a protect at each night. You can not protect yourself. If you do not send a protect, you will not perform any action at night. Protects block 1 kill.

08. Don't talk to each other outside of the game thread.
09. No small, encrypted or invisible text. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts.
I will modkill you if you do this, and you will lose the game.

10. This is a game. Have fun and respect the other players. Don't do things that will result in site bans please.
11. If it seems like it should be illegal, it probably is. Considering the fact rules sometimes can't cover everything. Please use your common sense. PM me if you think something you are about to do could break the rules or possibly ruin the game.
12. I am human. If I mess up and make a mod error that results in you legitimately losing the game, then I will give you a technical auto-win at the end of the game to make up for it.
13. This game will start with a night phase. This should allow every player a chance to send their first night actions before any player gets lynched
14. Aronis is my backup/co-mod. Should I be unable to access the forum for some reason, he is in charge while I am unavailable. Give him the same respect you would give me
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 12 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

This game has been run before and approved to run in the mish mash forum.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=72658

Previous runnings of this game

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35634
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=35733
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=61250
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=72921
Everyone's Role PM wrote:You and everyone else in the game is a serial killer. Each night you must send a kill choice and a protect choice. If you do not send a protect, your actions will not count. You can not choose to protect yourself. You can vote, lynch, and talk during the day. You can also talk at night in the same game thread! All deaths will be revealed as "XXX has died as a serial killer." Carefully pick your victims and make the right alliances to survive as long as you can. Survive to the end of the game and you may win...
Returning game mechanics being used
:
-Players can be voted out during the day, but they don't have to be. No lynching is possible
-Every player must send a kill and a protect each night. You can not protect yourself. If you do not send a protect with a kill, then your kill will not go through. You must send both or you do nothing at night. You can not choose to protect yourself. Protects block only 1 kill. If you only get protected once and you are targets for 2 or more kills, you are going to die.

End game mechanics

-If all players organize a circle kill, PokerFace wins
-If 1 player is currently alive, that player wins the game
-If 3 or more players are currently alive, game continues
-If 2 players are the only ones alive then we go directly to night and they both must send me a choice, Shoot or Truce. If both players truce, they share the win. If one shoots and the other sends truce, the shooter wins. If both shoot, all currently dead players win, both shooters lose.

New in game mechanic:

-Super Kill: If you receive the most protects or are tied for the most protects at night, your kill is super charged! It will succeed regardless of how many protects are in its way!
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

FAQ:

Q: Is this a Mafia Game?
A: There is no Informed Minority, No Uninformed Majority and no talking outside the game thread. The thread will not be locked during the night either. So its been approved to be run in this forum since its not really mafia.

Q: What happens if a player only sends a kill and does not send a protect?
A: Protects must be sent at night. You can't avoid protecting by not sending it. If you do not send both actions, then none of your actions occur that night. You get nothing!

Q: What if I got to be away during the night?
A: Then you should send your choices to me in advance before you go away.

Q. Do you plan to end night early in the event you get all choices early?
A. No, all nights will end at their designated times and not before. I currently plan to have them last 2 days instead of 3 like last time.

Q. Can I change my targets after I have sent it to you?
A. As long as I get it before the night ends, sure.

Players can post in game during both day and night phases. Game will only be locked if I am in process of writing the end of night scene. That will take me a few minutes at most. So if you ever see the thread is locked, come back in a few minutes and it won't be. This game has no set player limit. Signups last based on the countdown below

Signups end at 6pm EDT April 12 which is in: (expired on 2018-04-12 18:00:00)
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

Reserved for player listings and reveals

All Players:

01. Jingle
02. Selynee
03. randomidget
04. the worst
05. Iprobablysuck
06. McMenno
07. TheBrie
08. TesXX
09. Iconeum
10. Xalxe
11. Realeo

Reveals:
Spoiler:
McMenno
has died Night 0 as a
Serial Killer

Xalxe
has died Night 0 as a
Serial Killer

Realeo
was lynched Day 1 as a
Serial Killer

Iprobablysuck
has died Night 1 as a
Serial Killer

Iconeum
has died Night 1 as a
Serial Killer

No lynch
has occurred Day 2.
randomidget
has died Night 2 as a
Serial Killer

Selynee
has died Night 2 as a
Serial Killer

Tesxx
has died Night 2 as a
Serial Killer

Jingle
has died Night 2 as a
Serial Killer

the worst
and
TheBrie
share the victory as
Serial Killers
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 10 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

Signup Phase:

01. Jingle (0) -
02. Selynee (0) -
03. randomidget (0) -
04. the worst (0) -
05. Iprobablysuck (0) -
06. McMenno (0) -
07. TheBrie (0) -
08. TesXX (0) -
09. Iconeum (0) -
10. Xalxe (o) -
11. Realeo (0) -

Not voting - Jingle, Selynee, randomidget, the worst, Iprobablysuck, McMenno, TheBrie, TesXX, Iconeum, Xalxe, Realeo

Phase deadline in: (expired on 2018-04-12 18:00:00)

(I plan to copy and paste this and write Day 1 when game starts. No votes will ever be counted at night.)
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:30 am, edited 12 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

Signup end time is subject to change pending when I get off work on thursday. It will not end before the current posted time, but it may end later. Should this occur, I will update the thread. Feel free to signup now
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

So you respect me less than you respect aronis :(

I already pmed who about the game since he was in the last one. I don't believe I pmed ETL though
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #20 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:19 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Votes are only counted during the day and I can never be lynched. By the way, be sure you read the first 3 opening posts as there are some slight differences to this thread and the recent marathon I tried to run
- If you forget to send actions at night, you do nothing. I won't randomize your protect or kill. A randomized protect could alter who does and does not get a super kill so I won't be randomizing it.
- Only an organized circle kill results in a mod victory. Don't game the system. If a circle kill appears to happen randomly, I will think of some fair way to decide who wins.
- Deadlines are different from the marathon as this is not a marathon

There may be a few other minor items so be sure to read those posts
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #24 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 21, Iconeum wrote:If a circle kill happens naturally, and you decide it actually did happen accidentally, you could just begin a new day with no actions happening as a result. Or a night do over.
I'll consider it. In general I feel the odds of it happening at random are pretty low so it's really gonna depend on where we are at in the game as to what should be done.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #26 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

My current work schedule has me working normal hours thursday, so expect things to start on time
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #28 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am considering making this game a night start game. This would allow all players to talk, make alliances, use wifom, and make their first actions before the first day phase occurs.

Day phases in previous runings of this game have gone very quickly. Players have practically been lynched at random. Cutting down on randomness has been something I wanted to do as rewarding player skill is ideal for any game.

The only thing stopping me from introducing this new rule is fact that we have already started signups. I thought of this idea late tuesday and we started signups monday. So I hesitate on introducing such a large change.

I think I will pm the current signed up player list and ask players if they are against a night start. If all players are okay with the rule change then I will move forward with the change. if one player disagrees then I think we will keep things the same. You are welcome to pm me back or post in thread that you are okay with the night start

Signups are going to continue until 6pm EDT thursday. Any new players that signup I'd appreciate you stating in game or via pm that you are ok with the night start.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #33 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

gonna assume that's another fine with night start post^ given the quote intention

So 5 people have expressed they are fine with it via thread or via pm
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #35 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

Got more response via pm. 7 people are fine with it.

As long as no body says no. Then we will start with a night phase.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #37 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by PokerFace »

At 9 out of 11 saying night start is fine

new players can still signup if they want to

Signups end at 6pm EDT April 12 which is in: (expired on 2018-04-12 18:00:00)
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #38 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

Signups are now closed. The game is starting with a night phase. I guess we will call this night 0 and call the previous stage the signup phase. This night phase should give players a more authentic SK experience as all players will get a chance to send actions before the first lynch. The thread stays open at night. Feel free to make alliances, use wifom and post in game as you pm me your actions

Deadline for Night 0 at 6pm EDT April 14 which is in: (expired on 2018-04-14 18:00:00)
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #122 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

McMenno
has died as a
Serial Killer

Xalxe
has died as a
Serial Killer

It is now Day 1

01. Jingle (0) -
02. Selynee (0) -
03. randomidget (0) -
04. the worst (0) -
05. Iprobablysuck (0) -
06. TheBrie (0) -
07. TesXX (0) -
08. Iconeum (0) -
09. Realeo (0) -

Its 5 to lynch

Not voting - Jingle, Selynee, randomidget, the worst, Iprobablysuck, TheBrie, TesXX, Iconeum, Realeo

Phase deadline in: (expired on 2018-04-22 18:06:00)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #131 (isolation #16) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Day 1

01. Jingle (0) -
02. Selynee (0) -
03. randomidget (0) -
04. the worst (0) -
05. Iprobablysuck (0) -
06. TheBrie (0) -
07. TesXX (0) -
08. Iconeum (0) -
09. Realeo (2) - the worst, Iprobablysuck

Its 5 to lynch

Not voting - Jingle, Selynee, randomidget, TheBrie, TesXX, Iconeum, Realeo

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #147 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

Day 1

01. Jingle (0) -
02. Selynee (0) -
03. randomidget (0) -
04. the worst (0) -
05. Iprobablysuck (0) -
06. TheBrie (0) -
07. TesXX (0) -
08. Iconeum (0) -
09. Realeo (3) - the worst, Jingle, randomidget

Its 5 to lynch

Not voting - Selynee, TheBrie, TesXX, Iconeum, Realeo, Iprobablysuck

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #162 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Day 1

01. Jingle (0) -
02. Selynee (0) -
03. randomidget (0) -
04. the worst (0) -
05. Iprobablysuck (0) -
06. TheBrie (0) -
07. TesXX (0) -
08. Iconeum (0) -
09. Realeo (3) - the worst, Jingle, randomidget

Its 5 to lynch

Not voting - Selynee, TheBrie, TesXX, Iconeum, Realeo, Iprobablysuck

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #171 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Day 1

01. Jingle (0) -
02. Selynee (0) -
03. randomidget (0) -
04. the worst (0) -
05. Iprobablysuck (0) -
06. TheBrie (0) -
07. TesXX (0) -
08. Iconeum (0) -
09. Realeo (5) - the worst, Jingle, randomidget, TheBrie, TesXX

Its 5 to lynch

Not voting - Selynee, Iconeum, Realeo, Iprobablysuck

Realeo
has been lynched as a
Serial Killer

It is now Night 1. the worst, Jingle, randomidget, TheBrie, TesXX, Selynee, Iconeum, Iprobablysuck are currently alive

It is now Night 1 deadline in: (expired on 2018-04-19 06:20:00)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #172 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:46 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Just to clarify things, yes you are allowed to organize and follow through with any circle PROTECT plan

You can plan out kills in game and choose to do those kills or not. But if you plan out a set of kills that work in a circle where everyone will die AND everyone does die, that's when a rule is broken.

You basically have the power to say whatever you want in thread night or day. But if you say "Let's all kill each other in a circle so we all die!" and then you do just that. I win, you all lose!

If you say "Let's all kill each other in a circle so we all die!" and then one of you betrays the others so that they somehow mathematically are the only survivor, then obviously that player wins.

If you all plan out a set of kills that don't involve every player dying at once, then you are okay. If you plan out nothing and somehow you all do die, then I will figure out what to do

Edit: also I think I may have included a link to the wrong post in the last pm. It was still this thread but that link should have sent you here so my bad
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #190 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

If any of you all have questions regarding
viewtopic.php?p=10112137#p10112137
Or just questions in general feel free to let me know in game or via pm

By the way in case anyone did not notice, there are no posting requirements for this game in the rules. You are all SKs. Posting requirements are needed when you have a faction you are obligated to help and post for. As no one in this game has an obligated town or mafia faction, there are no posting requirements. Should you actually want or need me to prod someone, I will but I have no intention of ever replacing any player in this type of game.

Phase deadline in: (expired on 2018-04-19 06:20:00)

I basically plan to update the thread when I wake up tomorrow which should be around this time^
Anyone that has not yet sent their action or wants to change their actions, should send before then
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #201 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:45 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Iprobablysuck
has died as a
Serial Killer

Iconeum
has died as a
Serial Killer

It is now Day 2

01. Jingle (0) -
02. Selynee (0) -
03. randomidget (0) -
04. the worst (0) -
05. TheBrie (0) -
06. TesXX (0) -

Its 4 to lynch

Not voting - Jingle, Selynee, randomidget, the worst, TheBrie, TesXX

Phase deadline in: (expired on 2018-04-27 06:50:00)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #234 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Day 2

00. No lynch (1) - Jingle

01. Jingle (0) -
02. Selynee (0) -
03. randomidget (0) -
04. the worst (0) -
05. TheBrie (0) -
06. TesXX (0) -

Its 4 to lynch

Not voting - Selynee, randomidget, the worst, TheBrie, TesXX

Phase deadline in: (expired on 2018-04-27 06:50:00)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #241 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

This post is to confirm I have read the thread and see no current rules violations

This post is also to confirm I see no reason to give out warnings regarding potential future rules violations
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #244 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'm guessing Jingle is trying to make a joke. All I am doing is saying I currently don't see any deliberate/organized circle kill plan.

Day 2

00. No lynch (4) - Jingle, the worst, TheBrie, Selynee

01. Jingle (0) -
02. Selynee (0) -
03. randomidget (0) -
04. the worst (0) -
05. TheBrie (0) -
06. TesXX (0) -

Its 4 to lynch

Not voting - randomidget, TesXX

Day 2 ends in a no lynch. I have a pretty busy schedule on this coming Sunday so I may have to end the night late or end it early assuming I get all actions in time. By early I mean only about 45 minutes at most.

Phase deadline in: (expired on 2018-04-22 14:45:00)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #260 (isolation #26) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

writing night scene
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #261 (isolation #27) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

randomidget
has died as a
Serial Killer

Selynee
has died as a
Serial Killer

TesXX
has died as a
Serial Killer

Jingle
has died as a
Serial Killer

It is now Day 3

01. the worst (0) -
02. TheBrie (0) -

With only 2 players left alive, we enter 2 player end game. Both players can still talk in game. Please send me a pm with either shoot or truce. If both players send truce, they both win. If one sends shoot and the other sends truce, the shooter wins. If both send shoot, all currently dead players win.

Final Phase deadline in: (expired on 2018-04-24 15:15:00)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #266 (isolation #28) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

I can end it early if I get actions from both of you and you both ask to end it early
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #270 (isolation #29) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Game is over

the worst
and
TheBrie
share the victory as
Serial Killers

Backstage/Graveyard thread:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=75834
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #276 (isolation #30) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I gave my thoughts about the game in the graveyard.

Team cyclops played well. Outsiders could not challenge it.

Tesxx, Jingle, midget did not always follow circle protect plans. Jingle disobeyed for the greater good while the others disobeyed with no real sucess. All 3 died

Sely was loyal to cyclops always just as Jingle was loyal, but sely went down when luck gave Brie a super charged gun

The Aussie members of team cyclops take the win
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #277 (isolation #31) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Did you all think this game was better/more fair with a night start?

Please give your thoughts on the current game and whether or not it would be better than the next idea I have for the game:
In post 19, PokerFace wrote:Ideas for next running.

Everyone is a Serial Killer!
Everyone's Role PM wrote:You and everyone else in the game is a serial killer. Each night you must send a kill choice or you will kill yourself. You can vote, lynch, and talk during the day. You can also talk at night in the same game thread. Pending on how well you play the game, you may unlock more abilities. All deaths will be revealed as "XXX has died as a serial killer." Work well with others during the day and carefully pick your victims at night to survive as long as you can. Survive to the end of the game and you may win...
Game mechanics being used
:
-If you are on a wagon that lynches a player during the day, you will unlock a new ability. See abilities below for details.
-Every player must send a kill at night or they will target themselves with that kill, and any other abilities they have earned will target no one.
-The game will start with night 0 where everyone can only send 1 kill. If you survive this phase, you unlock a new ability. See abilities below for details.
-Players can be voted out during the day. A no lynch will only occur if no one gets the needed number of votes. This will lead to no new abilities being earned that day.

Abilities you can unlock

-If you survive night 0, you gain a
Personal Role Block
that can be used
every night
-If you are on a wagon that lynches a player during a day, you gain a
Limited Role Block
that can be used
only once during any future night
-Both role blocks act the same except one can be used every night and the other can only be used once. The way the role blocks work is you choose a player. If that player targets you with a kill that night, their kill will fail. Any other actions the player sends will still succeed. If you block Player X from targeting you and X tries to kill Player Y without being blocked by Player Y, then Player Y will die.

End game mechanics

-If 1 player is currently alive or nothing can be done to prevent this from happening, that player wins the game.
-If there are 2 or more players alive and each living player can block all other living players, all living players win. This is the only way to achieve a victory for 2 or more players. As long as this event can not occur, the game will continue.
-If all players die in the same night, the night is replayed. Any 1 time only abilities used that night are returned to the player to be used 1 time in the future. Each player must change at least one of their actions in some way when the night is replayed. Change a target, use or don't use a limited role block; it does not matter what you change, but you are required to send something different or you will kill yourself.
In post 20, PokerFace wrote:
FAQ:

A: There is no Informed Minority or Uninformed Majority, and there is no talking outside the game thread. The thread will not be locked during the night either. So its been approved to be run in the mish mash forum since its not really mafia.

Q. How long will each night last?
A. 2-3 days. If I get all action before 2 days, it will end after 2 days. If it takes longer for me to receive all actions, it will last 3 days. If someone has still not sent a kill in those 3 days, that player will target themselves with that kill. Any other actions/abilities that player has will target no one.

Q: What if I am gonna be on V/la during the night?
A: Then you should give me V/la notice and or send your choices to me in advance so that you don't kill yourself the next night.

Q: If I send you a kill and send you a personal role block but I do not send any limited role block(s), can I save the limited role block(s) for a later night?
A: Sure.

Q: Based on end game mechanics, its possible for me to win with many other players assuming we can all block each other in one night. So is it ideal play for me to kill those with more role blocks than me and kill those with less role blocks than me?
A: Yes. Kill off those that provide a threat and kill off lurkers. This is the ideal strategy for a lot of games on this website. Keep track of who has been lynching who to figure out who you can trust and who should die.

Q: But how effective really is that strategy? A few players could work together to lynch a player, but if one player outside the alliance joins or hammers a wagon, the plan could fall apart.
A: That's the risk you take if you use that strategy

Q. Can I change my targets at night after I have sent it to you?
A. As long as I get it before the night ends, sure.

Players can post in game during both day and night phases. Game will only be locked if I am in process of writing the end of night scene. So if you see the thread locked, you can no longer change your actions for that night. The thread will only be locked for a few minutes at most. So if you ever see the thread is locked, come back in a few minutes and it won't be. This game has no set player limit.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #279 (isolation #32) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Killing lurkers is a great idea in all games imo. I feel this game went very well. I think the Super Charged kill mechanic was more fair than the killing spree mechanic even if it only decided 1 kill. Game in general was less random though some players still got caught in a you don't get to play scenario. The new mechanics above should allow all players to at least send a kill that will work on night 0 even if they also die that night. (You get at least some sk experience even if its just a night kill). And should allow players to better deal with alliances

I actually felt bad while reading the game thread during night 2. The Jesus take the gun thing made me said as I felt like a bad guy forcing you to kill your comrades to attempt a random circle kill. Because of how bad I felt I came up with the new mechanics I listed above. New game idea better handles possible team victory situation as it allows for 2 or more players, though each player in the team has to earn it by gaining enough role blocks.

I feel role blocks are a more authentic SK action than protects. And using lynches to create wagons and alliances is likely a better mechanic as well since an sk in a real mafia game needs to blend in and make friends during the day.

Though its clear I am biased so asking you all for opinion is what I should do
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #289 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

Slept on the recent setup ideas. I think all role blocks earned may need to be permanent and not 1 time use. If the majority of them are 1 time use, you are not going to be able to gauge how many role blocks each player has since they can use them up. You may think Bob has 3 when really they have used all but the permanent up. Also if their all permanent, the end game mechanics make more sense. Unless you all think them being limited is more fair or allows for wifom?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #291 (isolation #34) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well they only block people from killing you
They do not stop people from killing other people
They do not block other role blocks
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #294 (isolation #35) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

My initial thoughts on the new setup were to have them be temporary in order to allow for people with low role blocks to make a come back against those with many role blocks. Don't let any one player get too powerful. But just as you all said, setup is cleaner and easier to understand with all blocks being permanent and not 1 time use. Another option is to only have the roleblock you earn from night 0 and have you not earn any other role blocks.

It will be awhile before I run this game again as running it right after another can get a little dull. I'd rather take some time off to build anticipation and review the new ideas fully. This is another reason why I slept on it and am asking you all for thoughts since a game designer is always biased towards their most recent creations.

When this game is run again, I think its best to keep it as simple as possible. Complicating things too much in the next version of any game is never a good idea. Mr. Stoofer's 4th Law is a great law.
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #298 (isolation #36) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 67, Jingle wrote:
In post 8, PokerFace wrote:So you respect me less than you respect aronis
Also, btw.

You ran a UDrink Marathon game. And that game won you all of my love at the cost of all of my respect. Luckily, Jingle respect is a worthless commodity. :P
You should know that I don't drink that much any more and I am planning on running a non marathon version of:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=43990
in the future. Want me to pm you when its run?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #300 (isolation #37) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

Slept more on the setup. People with lots of blocks, will likely get lynched during the day where their blocks won't save them. Lurkers will get killed at night. This is the real optimal play not the reverse. I don't think I want the game to come to that.

The only problems the current setup really has is resolving all players dying and tightening up end game mechanics a little, so the only updates that are really needed to the current setup are outlined here:
In post 1, PokerFace wrote:
Everyone's Role PM wrote:You and everyone else in the game is a serial killer. Each night you must send a kill choice and a protect choice. You can not choose to protect yourself. If you do not send a protect of another player, your kill will target yourself and you will protect no one. You can vote, lynch, and talk during the day. You can also talk at night in the same game thread. All deaths will be revealed as "XXX has died as a serial killer." Carefully pick your victims and make the right alliances to survive as long as you can. Survive to the end of the game and you may win...
Basic Mechanics
:
-Every player must send a kill and a protect each night. You can not protect yourself. If you do not send a protect of another player, your kill will target yourself and you will protect no one
-Protects prevent only 1 kill. If you only get protected once and you are targets for 2 or more kills, you are going to die.
-Players can be voted out during the day, but they don't have to be. No lynching is possible
-The game will start with night 0 where all players can send a kill and protect

End Game Mechanics:

-If only 1 player is currently alive, that player wins the game
-If only 2 players are alive then we go directly to the Final Phase. Both living players must send me a choice, Shoot or Truce. If both players truce, they share the win. If one shoots and the other sends truce, the shooter wins. If both shoot, all currently dead players win, both shooters lose.

Regulations and Resolutions:

-If 3 or more players are currently alive, the game must continue
-If all players die in the same night, the night is replayed. Each player must change at least one of their actions in some way when the night is replayed. If you do not change at least one of your actions, you will die that night.

Super Kill Mechanics:

-If you receive the most protects or are tied for the most protects at night, your kill is super charged! It will succeed regardless of how many protects are in its way!
FAQ:

A: There is no Informed Minority or Uninformed Majority, and there is no talking outside the game thread. The thread will not be locked during the night either. So its been approved to be run in the mish mash forum since its not really mafia.

A. 2-3 days. If I get all action before 2 days, it will end after 2 days. If it takes longer for me to receive all actions, it will last 3 days. If someone has still not sent a kill in those 3 days, that player will target themselves with that kill. Any other actions/abilities that player has will target no one.

A: Then you should give me V/la notice and or send your choices to me in advance so that you don't kill yourself the next night.

Q. Can I change my actions at night after I have already sent them to you?
A. As long as I get the changes before the night ends, sure.

Players can post in game during both day and night phases. Game will only be locked if I am in process of writing the end of night scene. If you see the thread locked, you can no longer change your actions for that night. The thread will only be locked for a few minutes at most. So if you ever see the thread is locked, come back in a few minutes and it won't be. This game has no set player limit.
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #303 (isolation #38) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The one I just posted is identical to this game except sending no actions at night means you kill yourself and all players dying is a night reset

I could still switch out protects for roleblocks and see if that's better. Making that switch would remove the need for the super kill mechanic . So that sounds like its worth trying
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #305 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

I still feel like the version with the protects is the best as it utilizes convincing others to protect you, and it gives you the option to survive more than 1 kill at night. It rewards good night and good day play.

The current roleblock version would only allow you to survive 1 kill at night. If I could come up with a good way to reward night and day play so you withstand more than one kill, then I think a setup with roleblocks would be worth running. Until I think of a good way to organize that, I'm putting the current notes I have here:

Current "Everyone is a Serial Killer RB" setup
Everyone's Role PM wrote:You and everyone else in the game is a serial killer. Each night you must send a kill choice or you will kill yourself. You can vote, lynch, and talk during the day. You can also talk at night in the same game thread. You can prevent one player from killing you each night. Simply select a player and if they try to kill you that night, they will not succeed. If they try to kill anyone else that night, you won't be able to prevent it. Suicides can't be prevented. All deaths will be revealed as "XXX has died as a serial killer." Work well with others during the day and carefully pick your victims at night to survive as long as you can. Survive to the end of the game and you may win...
Basic Mechanics
:
-The game will start with night 0 where all players can send a kill and a prevent

End Game Mechanics:

-If only 1 player is currently alive, that player wins the game
-If only 2 players are alive then we go directly to the Final Phase. Both living players must send me a choice, Shoot or Truce. If both players truce, they share the win. If one shoots and the other sends truce, the shooter wins. If both shoot, all currently dead players win, both shooters lose.

-If 3 or more players are currently alive, the game must continue
-If all players die in the same night, the night is replayed. Each player must change at least one of their action targets when the night is replayed. If you do not do this, you will kill yourself that night.
FAQ:

Players can post in game during both day and night phases. Game will only be locked if I am in process of writing the end of night scene. If you see the thread locked, you can no longer change your actions for that night. The thread will only be locked for a few minutes at most. So if you ever see the thread is locked, come back in a few minutes and it won't be. This game has no set player limit.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #306 (isolation #40) » Sat May 05, 2018 2:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have taken some time to think and come to the conclusion that I don't need to further reward the day play. Players can vote other players and lynching someone that is not yourself will lead to you making it to night. That's enough of a reward.

Instead I think I will reward the night play. If you sucessfully block a kill, you get a second role block. This role block will work exactly the same as your other role block. It can be used every future night, but so that players don't get too powerful, you can only have a max of 2 role blocks under your control. If 3 people target you at one night, you will die no matter how many blocks you have. If 3 players are currently alive and they can each block each other, then those 3 players win. If 3 players are currently alive and 2 have 2 role blocks while the last player only has 1, then the 2 with 2 go to 2 player end game. If 3 players are currently alive and only 1 of them has two role blocks, that one player wins.

If you get a second roleblock at night, you may or may not want to kill the player that gave it to you in the near future. After all they know you have that block because you survived the kill. You can make friends with that player or kill them so that no one else knows you have 2 roleblocks. Your choice.

Final "Everyone is a Serial Killer RB" Setup
Everyone's Role PM wrote:You and everyone else in the game is a serial killer. Each night you must send a kill choice or you will kill yourself. You can vote, lynch, and talk during the day. You can also talk at night in the same game thread. You can prevent one player from killing you each night. Simply select a player and if they try to kill you that night, they will not succeed. If they try to kill anyone else that night, you won't be able to prevent it. Suicides can't be prevented. If you manage to successfully prevent your own death, you will be given a second prevent that can be used on future nights. You can not have more than two prevents. If three people try to kill you in one night, you will die. All deaths will be revealed as "XXX has died as a serial killer." Work well with others during the day and carefully pick your victims at night to survive as long as you can. Survive to the end of the game and you may win...
Basic Mechanics
:
-The game will start with night 0 where all players can send a kill and a prevent

-If 3 or more players are alive and NO player can theoretically block all other players, the game must continue.
-If 3 players are alive and at least 1 player has two role blocks, the player(s) with 2 role blocks go to end game. If all 3 have 2 blocks, those 3 win together
-If all players die in the same night, no one unlocks new role blocks for that night. The night is replayed as though it never happened. Each player must change at least one of their action targets when the night is replayed. If you do not do this, you will kill yourself that night.

End Game Mechanics:

-If 1 player remains, that player wins the game
-If 2 players remain then we go to a Final Phase. Both players must send me a choice, Shoot or Truce. If both players truce, they share the win. If one shoots and the other sends truce, the shooter wins. If both shoot, all currently dead players win, both shooters lose.
FAQ:

A: There is no Informed Minority Faction or Uninformed Majority Faction built directly into the game. There is no talking outside the game thread. The thread will not be locked during the night either. This game has been approved to be run in the mish mash forum since its not really mafia.

Q: If 3 people are live, I have two role blocks, X has two role blocks, and Z has two role blocks, what happens?
A: The 3 of you share the win.

Q: If 3 people are live, I have two role blocks, X has two role blocks, and Z has one role block, what happens?
A: You and X go to two player end game. Z will lose unless You and X betray each other in two player end game

Q: If 3 people are live, I have two role blocks, X has one role block, and Z has one role block, what happens?
A: You go to end game by yourself, which means you win it all.

I still think the protect based setup is the better setup for the reasons I gave earlier but I will still give this roleblock based setup a try late june or sometime in july.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”