Roll2Dodge: The New and Improved Role Playing Game

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Roll2Dodge: The New and Improved Role Playing Game

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Hello all! My name is James Brafin, and I would like to talk to you all about a little thing called Roll 2 Dodge. AS most of you know, it's an old game onsite, where basically you roll a die to do anything and your success rate is based on your roll. Inferno has been trying to bring it back, but to little success. It gets so chaotic and busy that Inferno (the mod) gets overwhelmed and then it dies. This saddened me, and I decided to do something about it. So I spent about a week developing it into something new: A full-fledged RPG system that's ready for its test flight. I'd like to take my first party along for the ride as well, so I'm looking for the first 4-6 /ins to join up for our adventure. We can do anything you guys want, from dystopian apocalypse to a adventure during the American Revolution, and the possibilities for characters and adventures are pretty much limitless. If I get a big enough response, or you'd simply like to run a game, you can /in GM to get on the moderator list, and run your own game if you'd like! Rules are below, in the doc, for anyone who is interested. The game is not very-complex, and the rules take roughly 15-20 minutes to read, with games being open-ended and able to last as long or short as you like!

As a final note, please don't plagiarize. I worked hard on this, and I'd love to publish someday. But I can't do that if someone steals the ideas from me.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zB ... sp=sharing

Current Games:

R2D 001 (Name TBA):
Modded by James Brafin and The Worst
Iconeum
Brassherald
Inferno390
Selynee

/In to play:
GuyInFreezer

/In to mod (Games in signups):
James Brafin
Last edited by James Brafin on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:28 am

Post by James Brafin »

Yay! :) Okay, so over the next 24 hours or so I'd like you all to discuss what type of campaign we are going to do. Are we talking silly? Serious? Sci-fi? Fantasy? Far flung worlds? Or closer to home? We can do just about anything, so I'd like to hear your preferences.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:26 am

Post by James Brafin »

Okay then! I think we're going to do a magical-type campaign on an alien planet. So a good deal of the "magic" is actually ancient alien nanotech that has merged with the planet. Sounds good?
I'll have the roll type list up by tomorrow night. In the meantime, let's get characters made! I'll give you 1 HoC, 2 Motivations, and, say, 10 skill points because we're in a High Fantasy game?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:49 am

Post by James Brafin »

Okay all, I have 24 roll types for your skill and motivations. Go ahead and PM me your characters.

Basic: These require no special skills to use.
Perception
Dodge
Religion
Melee
Logic
Survival
Repair
Firearms

Learned Skills: These require a corresponding skill to use.
Piloting
Hacking
Espionage
Construct
Handle Beasts
Geology
Heal
Archeology
Alien Knowledge

Magic Skills: These not only require a skill to use, but are the "magical" skiils; to use magic you must have one of these! We are using the Domain/School system, combined with Freeform for more variety. A basic skill has 10 energy points, and an extra skill point spent in that Domain/School gives an addtional 2 energy points.
Nano (Control of nanotech; think the traditional wizard or sorcerer in D&D or Pathfinder.)
Astral (One of the religious magics; utilizes heavenly forces in the form of healing, blasts of light, and other cleric-like magic.)
Alien (Mental connection with native life forms, disease and spore control, etc.)
Psychic (The second religious magic; literally the Force)
Planetary (Passive traveling magic, effectively allowing you to flicker in and out of existence and/or control the planet's intrinsic energies, among other things.)
Occult (The third and final religious magic; think Eldritch alien demon horror worshipers and magic. Specializes in insanity, summoning, and other fun Chuthulu-y stuff.)
Melding (The ability to literally bond at a physical level with objects and transfer your consciousness to the result, effectively becoming physically and metaphysically one with them.)
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by James Brafin »

You're welcome to hop into the current game, Mathdino. You too, GIF.
You may discuss characters with one another.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:05 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 27, Mathdino wrote:i thought i was already in the current game

i'm kinda confused can you give me the rundown

like not of things that i can just read in your google doc but specifically how this thread works and what phases there are
K. Right now I'm runnig a 4 person game, but I can do up to 6. We've just finished the world creation phase, and we've moved into character creation, where you determine your HoC and Motivations and skills and stuff. Once that's donem we'll start the actual play phase. This tthread is mostly just for signups; I'm going to start a seprate thread for the game after we get that far.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:12 am

Post by James Brafin »

Okay, there has been a bit of confusion that I need to clear up for those roles that have been sent out:
ROLL TYPE =/= SKILL

The skill points I provide allow you to gain skills, which add bonuses to roll types. So Iconeum, your Heal roll type is not related to your Firearms roll type.

If you want to think about it in another way, skill points add levels to a roll type, and some roll types require you to have levels in that roll type to use, like Heal or Archeology. Does that make sense?

HoC is short for the Heart of Character, or what that player's overall goals are. It's sort of like an overarching Motivation that defines your characters main goals or desires in the campaign. They are usually pretty broad; i.e. "Help others" or "Advance Science."
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:52 am

Post by James Brafin »

I think Ico is the only one who has to add to his character sheet extensively. For everyone else, you ought to be good. backstory or a bit of extra character development would be cool, but that is something that for sure we can do while we play.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by James Brafin »

You can if you want, but it's not required. I'll have the game thread up in a few hours. TW would you like to /in to play or mod?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by James Brafin »

I think we're going to do a 4/3 actually. So I'll either create a new game for GIF, Math, and TW, or I'll find another person to mod.
OR we can do a 7-person game
I don't care either way, it really depends on you guys.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:17 am

Post by James Brafin »

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=75973
This is the link to R2D 001.
The game will begin tomorrow at 5. Please be prepared. Those who are pending and do not send in a sheet will be returned to the /in to play line.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:05 am

Post by James Brafin »

Yes as a matter of fact we are looking for a replacement for a game right now. Since I have no idea when the next game is going to start would you be interested in joining that one?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:58 am

Post by James Brafin »

The link is at the top of this page In post 52. You will be replacing Iconeum.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:05 am

Post by James Brafin »

Bump

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”