Song Contest 116 (RESULTS POSTED!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:16 am

Post by toolenduso »

Submitted my favorite song from a great album
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:00 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 86, KidAmn wrote:
In post 83, xRECKONERx wrote:then you're bad
Gosh, what a witty, well considered rebuttal. Here's where I'd put one if I cared at all for your thoughts on the subject.
1. Reck is being chill about this and you keep responding like he's not, so maybe stop.
2. I'm not an Amy Winehouse fan and even I know she was a hell of a singer. "Middling" is a pretty silly way to describe her talent.
3. If you're really gonna start dragging musicians for {abusing drugs, abusing alcohol, dying from it, making bad relationship decisions} you're gonna head down a road that leads to hating a ton of talented musicians.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:23 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 89, KidAmn wrote:1. Nah, Reck is doing this "quote myself again" schtick for the amusement of whatever little clique they're part of here, so they're about 6 fuckwads from chill and know it, and are presumably a big enough boy/girl/attack helicopter to not need you to leap to their defence
Clique? You and Panzer are here dragging Amy Winehouse and Reck has, up to this point, been the only one responding. Are you dragging experiences from other parts of the site here?

I wouldn't call it leaping to the defense of Reck so much as leaping to the defense of reasonable discourse. Here's what I saw: Reck said he liked somebody (fine) -> You said you didn't (fine) -> he disagreed (fine) -> you insulted her three times in one sentence (aggressive) -> Reck made a joke, indicating he didn't want to make a big deal out of it (fine) -> you insult his intelligence and say you don't care about his musical tastes in contest based around exploring each other's musical tastes (aggressive and unnecessary)

You went after an artist he liked way more than you had to, in an insulting manner and then called him an idiot with bad tastes. If he were responding proportionally he would've done a hell of a lot more than make a jokey non-response, yet here we are.
In post 89, KidAmn wrote:2. I grew up in London and had the opportunity to hear her live at various points on her slide of a career and wouldn't personally describe her as a "hell of a singer" or even a particularly unique talent, but w/e,
opinions
Opinions, sure. Let's leave it at that.
In post 89, KidAmn wrote:3. i was saying that calling her a "goddess" is ridiculous, for fuck sake
Fair enough, but I still find it weird to judge a musician's musicianship/music based on non-musical things. Especially when a lot of people who are definitely all-time talents have done a lot of the same shit.
In post 89, KidAmn wrote:Man, if this is how whiny you people get when someone has the gall to merely
hold an opinion contrary to the groupthink
, no wonder this place is dying off now
There's a difference between expressing an unpopular opinion and calling somebody an idiot with bad tastes while insulting somebody they like.

I have no problem with you being here, and that's why I responded on this account instead of the song contest account. I welcome your participation and opinions. Just cool it down.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:57 am

Post by toolenduso »

Oh yeah, I added that for....some reason. I don't really remember why.

But I recall not putting in a
ton
of effort to figure out who modded all the contests because there were a lot of them and I don't think it was always clear who was the mod because the SC account just stayed the same. So yeah feel free to correct it.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:58 am

Post by toolenduso »

Also you should see the spreadsheets now man this shit is dope

Kinda

Return to “General Discussion”