----
(1)
: pinturicchio

Not Voting
---
(1)
: Spartan117

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2018-04-24 12:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- None!
Last edited by Mathdino on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:49 am

Post by the worst »

In post 174, Quick wrote:
In post 148, Korina wrote:The reason why I voted you after it got confirmed was my second reason.
The bolded part feels
really
weird and just doesn’t make sense in its context.

I also like it when my question gets ignored.
What do you mean by the bolded part?
Something feeling "weird" is not a legitimate reason for SRing someone.

The bold part means what it says.
Within the context I'm guessing he means it feels staged but... ?_? ow
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:16 am

Post by Sando »

In post 120, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 114, the worst wrote:Can we all take a moment to talk about how great Sando is?! First townrea
Care to elaborate on this?
He townreads me...but he still needs to give me the D :lol: :lol: :lol:

No but seriously, I have a few questions:

@Korina - Why is an apparent incorrect assumption about scum daytalk not a townslip instead of a scumslip?
@Fumuki - Are you serious about conf!town status? If so why?

mutant strikes me as Town from his interaction with Fumuki.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Quick »

In post 149, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 136, Fumuki wrote:So imagine that you're scum, and there's people talking about policy lynch because everyone loves to talk about policy lynching scum claims just as I like shitposting.

If you play scum trying to be neutral/get in the crowd, you probably would not be bold to vote them, however, would try to imply that maybe it's not such a bad thing to lynch them. Then afterwards Iconeum gives me the third vote he suddenly starts casting a little shade around those that joked with scumclaims and even puts a list with people that "scumclaimed", saying that although don't want to policy lynch me now, a policy lynch tomorrow seems like a good option...

Not only that, all his other posts are talking about how that's scummy and even tries to reply a obvious shitpost with a serious analyze...

Caught scum. Proceed to lynching/annihilation.
Nice miss repping here.

My talk of policy lynching you has
nothing
to do with your RVS scum claim. The talk around policy lynching you was about how almost every post you write is a shitpost. You can't honestly expect to write a load of crap as your posts and expect people not to consider lynching you for it?

If we are going to policy lynch you, and I never said we definitely should, it's fundamentally a better idea to lynch you day 2 if that's what we want to do. We shouldn't lynch you day 1 because we don't know whether the vig or tracker exists yet. If a vig does exist, it is in their best interest to eliminate the misslynches instead of trying to pick off their own scum reads. Fun fact, as a shit poster, scum are going to try and push your lynch. That makes you mislynchable (assuming you are town) - that's another reason why we probably shouldn't policy lynch you day 1.

Once night 2 has passed, we will know if we have a vig. The vig doesn't necessarily have to kill you night 1, because just the security of having a vig lets us know that we can have you removed from the game if you become too much of a liability. However, if we don't have a vig, then if we are ever going to lynch you during this game, it will have to be day 2. Again, we don't have to lynch you then, but if we ever want you dead during the game, that's when we have to do it. Any later than that and it will be too risky policy lynching instead of scum lynching (unless, of course, we have 1 or 2 scum nailed by then).

I replied to your shit post in an analytical way because I began to think it was serious. You asked people to look at it twice since making the post so it kinda looked like you genuinely wanted us to check it out. It would help if your shitposts were funny and not just random nonsense. As the worst said, if you want to shitpost, pay attention to how Not_Mafia does it. He is genuinely entertaining but still able to take the game seriously. Sometimes he can also be a lylo liability and worthy of a policy lynch but other times he can be a great addition to the town - I've seen him in both situations.
This posts strikes me as a kind of post Scum make. It focuses too much on things not really pertaining to the game and is very wordy without really saying much.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:21 am

Post by the worst »

......d <3

How strong is your devle townread?

pedit: YES QUICK EXACTLY
--
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Sando »

In post 179, the worst wrote:How strong is your devle townread?
Not strong, and it's basically because I think the 100% opposite of what Quick just wrote. That post from mutant struck me as townie as hell, the reason I'm not stronger townreading is due to previous tryhard in RVS stage as mentioned when I voted Quick.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Sando »

Sorry you two, I disagree, but one thing occurred to me: mutant's reaction is not that of someone who's played with Fumuki before, if he has then I'd say he's probably setting it up as a mislynch. That said, if he hasn't, this strikes me as a townie respond.

Played with = scum
Not played with = town

I haven't had coffee yet and been picking up after my new puppy since 7...I'll investigate my above later today.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:30 am

Post by the worst »

I might be slightly biased because I'm used to bleeding heart town devle. I'll consider it.

How do you read Quick?

Also omg new puppy<3 what breed? Is it adorable?
--
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Quick »

In post 180, Sando wrote:
In post 179, the worst wrote:How strong is your devle townread?
Not strong, and it's basically because I think the 100% opposite of what Quick just wrote. That post from mutant struck me as townie as hell, the reason I'm not stronger townreading is due to previous tryhard in RVS stage as mentioned when I voted Quick.
Your reason for voting me is pretty weak. You're trying to say that it's Scummy of me that I didn't want to explain my TRs on people when I said I had some gut TRs on 2/3 of the first posters (Korina being one of them that developed into a stronger read) That I explicitly said I didn't want to explain.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Fumuki
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:48 am

Post by Fumuki »

Devil, your post was kinda big so I'll answer paragraph by paragraph instead of quotting it all, what you said will be put inside " ".

Spoiler:
"
Nice miss repping here.

My talk of policy lynching you has
nothing
to do with your RVS scum claim. The talk around policy lynching you was about how almost every post you write is a shitpost. You can't honestly expect to write a load of crap as your posts and expect people not to consider lynching you for it?"

If your reason for policy lynching has nothing to do with my scum claims, I don't even have much shitpost. Good part of it is EXACTLY scum claiming.

About lynching, no, I was exactly expecting people to talk about lynching me, what I was paying attention was someone implying that I should be policy lynched afterwards/killed at night while don't exposing themselves too much. Three people were bold and voted me right off and some are dubious, but still is only you that made such a careful move minding your reputation trying to get me mislynched (even if is at day 2) or killed at night. You say that I have been only shitposting but that's wrong, I have been shitposting of course however I too was pointing things out by the time you wrote about how we should deal with me.

I consider that RVS definitely ended in #59 with Quick saying (Why am I town) abruptly and even though Quick maybe thinks it was not abrupt and could be considered a joke, even ceejayvinoya said "seems like we are getting out of RVS stage", because it really seemed like Quick told me "stop it" indirectly. From that point on I was discussing too about Korina behavior and what we should look into in RVS.

Spoiler:
"If we are going to policy lynch you, and I never said we definitely should, it's fundamentally a better idea to lynch you day 2 if that's what we want to do. We shouldn't lynch you day 1 because we don't know whether the vig or tracker exists yet. If a vig does exist, it is in their best interest to eliminate the misslynches instead of trying to pick off their own scum reads. Fun fact, as a shit poster, scum are going to try and push your lynch. That makes you mislynchable (assuming you are town) - that's another reason why we probably shouldn't policy lynch you day 1.

Once night 2 has passed, we will know if we have a vig. The vig doesn't necessarily have to kill you night 1, because just the security of having a vig lets us know that we can have you removed from the game if you become too much of a liability. However, if we don't have a vig, then if we are ever going to lynch you during this game, it will have to be day 2. Again, we don't have to lynch you then, but if we ever want you dead during the game, that's when we have to do it. Any later than that and it will be too risky policy lynching instead of scum lynching (unless, of course, we have 1 or 2 scum nailed by then)."

No, we won't know if we have a vig or not if they don't use it in another person that will probably flip town. So here you are telling the vig "you need to kill him tonight or we shall lynch him day 2", or that the vig need to kill another one and afterwards kill me too. It can seem like town behavior but if you're scum that benefits you even more.

Spoiler:
"I replied to your shit post in an analytical way because I began to think it was serious. You asked people to look at it twice since making the post so it kinda looked like you genuinely wanted us to check it out.".

I had been saying nosense however by that time I had as well tried to point out useful things, I don't think anyone took it serious besides you and am I wrong for suspecting how weird that is since there was a clear difference when I was serious and when I wasn't?

Spoiler:
"You asked people to look at it twice since making the post so it kinda looked like you genuinely wanted us to check it out. It would help if your shitposts were funny and not just random nonsense. As the worst said, if you want to shitpost, pay attention to how Not_Mafia does it. He is genuinely entertaining but still able to take the game seriously. Sometimes he can also be a lylo liability and worthy of a policy lynch but other times he can be a great addition to the town - I've seen him in both situations"

Uh...well...no defense about this...

But the truth is that...I actually don't like that much shitposting...

I was thinking about making me a easy target and catch someone making sure to cast me off while not compromising reputation. You say scum will try to mislynch me but the truth is that they'll tiptoe it a little instead of jumping on it. They'll surely talk about policy lynching but acting like it's a big benefit to town like you did and making posts slightly casting shade on me and the others "trolls".

I'm suspicious of you because you did exactly what scum probably would do, even if there's the possibility of you doing it as town as well, it's the most scummy thing I have see until now.

Well...now that I have explained my behavior (believe you or not...) I'll ask for a break of posting so much nonsense...

It was fun at first but after a while it lost the magic...
Oxy
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:56 am

Post by Oxy »

is a townie post. I especially like the very last bit. =)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:58 am

Post by the worst »

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... 27s_Gambit

Be careful with that shit Fumuki, it's an ok place to start but has a knack of -- as I said earlier -- sorting playstyles rather than sort alignments.

Anyway if you wanna be half troll half serious great. Just be transparent or you die. Ftr I think I know why you're playing this way, remind me to discuss postgame
--
Fumuki
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by Fumuki »

Mmmh, yeah...I don't think I was acting scummy but just like the wiki said, not trying to act town...

I know it's nothing something certain, but it's at least a first step...and I stopped just on the right time I think...(we're only beginning the game). I look forward to a postgame review...

Uh...and I plan to actually study devil's playstyle to see if there's anything to refute or make it stronger after I understand how he usually thinks/play...(and will post here what I found)...

The motive I'm playing this way...is because I atm think that's ineffective and one of the reasons town make bad lynches in d1...

In d2 we'll can look back to the wagons but....I'm trying to analyze things in d1 already instead of slowly debating trivial/superficial posts like it usually is... (I can be completely wrong btw)

@Oxy .... "I especially like the very last bit" hurt me a little...

Uh...I didn't thought I utterly sucked at it....*sniff*
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 182, the worst wrote:Also omg new puppy<3 what breed? Is it adorable?
I would say yes (Border Collie):

Spoiler:

In post 182, the worst wrote:How do you read Quick?
Scumlean - follow up post just now strikes me as bad too. Elaborated below.
In post 182, the worst wrote:I might be slightly biased because I'm used to bleeding heart town devle. I'll consider it.
What's his bleeding heart look like? I will admit to a) my scumreads day1 being preeeetty bad, my townreads are significantly better than my scumreads, and b) I suck/hate meta reading, but I townread ya so I'll listen to it from you.
In post 183, Quick wrote:Your reason for voting me is pretty weak. You're trying to say that it's Scummy of me that I didn't want to explain my TRs on people when I said I had some gut TRs on 2/3 of the first posters (Korina being one of them that developed into a stronger read) That I explicitly said I didn't want to explain.
You mean on page 8 I don't have the strongest of scumcases? Ya don't say? We go with what we got. Yes, I'm saying giving TRs or SRs that are weak and without reasoning is scummy, it's a way for scum to look like they're doing something but not actually doing very much at all. Saying "you asked me for reasoning but I said I dun wanna" doesn't exactly change my opinion of you. But good to know that if I'm ever scum against you and you ask me for justification, "I dun wanna" is apparently an acceptable response to you.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

OMFG
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

Stop this game right now, put it on hold; we NEED more pictures from that good boy/girl!
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Sando »

So my view on mutants 149 is that it's a big over-reaction but that he's ostensibly right. For both of those reasons I give him townpoints.

a) He's aggressive but over-reacting, this is a hard thing for scum to pull off sincerely.
b) I think he's genuine about why he wants to policy lynch and he's also right that Fumu is posting a load of shit.
c) He's pissed, which is a townie thing to do, scum would not be frustrated with Fumu!town, they'd be a bit confused and standoffish, they're not going to get involved like mutant did in the way that he did.

Having said all that, it's an over-reaction from mutant and his points are largely overblown by him, ie I don't really like his case, but I think he's townie.

Also, @mutant, stop PR hunting and theorising, that's another policy lynch subject day 1.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by the worst »

mellllttttiiiiinnnngngggggmgng that puppy is adorable

Re mutant bleeding heart viewtopic.php?p=9886200&user_select%5B% ... 9#p9886200

I dont consider myself good at meta reading but ...... the vibes man. This is a good place to start fmpov
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by the worst »

Mod of the linked game is p great
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by the worst »

I think reading intent in passionate posts is challenging. Scum can fake passion and even be frustrated 4 realz but it is a lot harder to fake believing in a read. Scum can easily state facts about what frustrates them but actually analysing in detail is often a lot harder.

Mutant..... Isn't having reads. I see this coming from scum who are frustrated that Fumuki is behaving the way he is / isnt largely scumread (low hanging fruit etc. etc.) just as much as I can see it coming from town who is frustrated at fellow-town-Fumu
--
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 192, the worst wrote:I dont consider myself good at meta reading but ...... the vibes man. This is a good place to start fmpov
Oooook, I see what you mean, not what I was expecting from "bleeding heart" but yeah, different. Ima stop TRing mutant for now, but I'm gonna need more here before SRing him. I shant be discussing what I liked/disliked about that game to this for obvious (dun wanna coach) reasons.

That said:

@Mutant
- You spent all of the linked game, Open 711 scumreading or trying to policy lynch Not_Mafia, and he was in fact scum in that game. Why are you completely ignoring him here AND calling for a separate policy lynch?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by Sando »

I see them being genuinely frustrated and passionate later in the game or when being strung up, but that's not fake frustration this early in the game, imo. I just don't see scum getting frustrated at someone not being scumread 8 pages in, well 6 at the time.

That said, why isn't a town mutant going after N_M? Why isn't scum mutant going after town-N_M? I would expect in anything other than S+S for mutant to have come in here with a clear lynch-N_M agenda. And no, mutant aint a vig, I shant say why.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by the worst »

Thats a good pickup. Even I believe in policy lynching Not_Mafia in the absence of hard scumreads *_*
--
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 185, Oxy wrote: is a townie post. I especially like the very last bit. =)
Well hell. You're right. He was doing slayers. I'm humbled.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by the worst »

HURT: ceejay

Duckling of my word
--