Dragon Age & Mass Effect

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Dragon Age & Mass Effect

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Dragon Age 4 is supposedly coming out late 2019. And I wanted to have some talk about it and the rest of the RPG series' from Bioware. Specifically, the good, the bad, and the ugly. What do you miss? What you don't miss? What you want them to bring back or kick out?

For example: Dragon Age - Can they bring back the option to customize what my party's does when we're in battle? I loved shuffling around what attacks/spells and how they behaved in battle. Mages would be defaulted to "Ranged" and I always changed them to "Cautious", which had them stay close to whatever character I took control of. It was very handy, especially whenever my enemies had mages that had some sick AoE attacks. I also miss the Ranger subclass for my rogues. :(

I want to hear what you think. Discuss~
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Couldn't play the first ME, but I played the crap out of the ME3 multiplayer. It was enjoyable for mindless fun. I loved playing the Vorcha Soldier, Krogan Vanguard, Geth Infiltrator, and N7 Engineer characters. I also made it a challenge to make sure everyone of my squad mates made it to the Evacuation point.

NO MAN LEFT BEHIND! >:D

I miss it. I kinda want to repurchase ME3 just for the awesome multiplayer. :D
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

How'd you spec out your multiplayer characters? Defensive, offensive, a mixture of both?

I gave them a ton of health and shield regeneration and I would usually forfeit one of their abilities altogether - unless it was something I really really wanted - to make sure everything else was maxed out. For instance my Geth Juggernaut never had the ability to throw out a drone, but I compensated for that with one of the awesome long range assault rifles that was in the main campaign.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

PS3.

NO WHY???!??!?!?!?!?!?!??! DX< NOW I NEED TO GET 360!!!!!!

Ahem.

Same. Played ME2. Connected to the PSN and got to have some control of the storyline - save the Rachni Queen, didn't shoot Wrex, etc. - and then bought ME3.

XD

I was the exact opposite w/ the ME3 multiplayer. If I could, I'd rather play one of the other races than human just because we'd never had anything like that before. I think the N7 Engineer and N7 Shadow Infiltrator were the only two humans that I regularly shipped out as because of their neat abilities.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 4, Mathdino wrote:weirdly good on gold played conservatively
I never played higher than silver with complete strangers. Usually because they weren't expecting it and didn't come prepared for it and most of the times flaked out once they discovered what the actual difficulty was.

Unless I played with a friend who knew we were going for Gold - only tried Platinum once and I barely survived; legit everyone else was dying every 5 seconds expect me and the one dude who came prepared for Platinum... my god... I was extremely glad I had chosen Infiltrator that round with an extended Tactical Cloak - then I usually stuck with Bronze. :3
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 7, BBmolla wrote:MEA I'm still playing through because the the social justice warrior influence on this game shows through so fucking hard its painful to get through.
MEA... yeah... I don't plan to play that.

Watched a walkthrough and my biggest rub - other than what everyone else has said about it - with it is that it wouldn't allow me to bond with my dad. I questioned if I was bad for not caring about him when he died. Then I realized that he was basically a stranger to us, the player, and wished that we could've played as him for the first third of the game - in order to get to know him and make the loss that much more meaningful - and then made the dramatic and unexpected switch to one of the Ryder twins.
In post 10, Mathdino wrote:actually loved ME3 story but i only got it after almost all the DLC was out (<3 <3 <3 ME3 Citadel)
One of the nice touches of the ME3 storyline was the switch from Shepard consoling their crew mates was that the crew mates could console Shepard when stuff got real bad.

Also yes, ME3 Citadel! <3

Only thing that was missing was a Legion!
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:26 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

If it's a chore, probably not.
Talk Fast, Think Faster