Dragon Age & Mass Effect

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Dragon Age & Mass Effect

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Dragon Age 4 is supposedly coming out late 2019. And I wanted to have some talk about it and the rest of the RPG series' from Bioware. Specifically, the good, the bad, and the ugly. What do you miss? What you don't miss? What you want them to bring back or kick out?

For example: Dragon Age - Can they bring back the option to customize what my party's does when we're in battle? I loved shuffling around what attacks/spells and how they behaved in battle. Mages would be defaulted to "Ranged" and I always changed them to "Cautious", which had them stay close to whatever character I took control of. It was very handy, especially whenever my enemies had mages that had some sick AoE attacks. I also miss the Ranger subclass for my rogues. :(

I want to hear what you think. Discuss~
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i have only played DAO and the shepard trilogy

new games are $$$$$$
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Couldn't play the first ME, but I played the crap out of the ME3 multiplayer. It was enjoyable for mindless fun. I loved playing the Vorcha Soldier, Krogan Vanguard, Geth Infiltrator, and N7 Engineer characters. I also made it a challenge to make sure everyone of my squad mates made it to the Evacuation point.

NO MAN LEFT BEHIND! >:D

I miss it. I kinda want to repurchase ME3 just for the awesome multiplayer. :D
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

How'd you spec out your multiplayer characters? Defensive, offensive, a mixture of both?

I gave them a ton of health and shield regeneration and I would usually forfeit one of their abilities altogether - unless it was something I really really wanted - to make sure everything else was maxed out. For instance my Geth Juggernaut never had the ability to throw out a drone, but I compensated for that with one of the awesome long range assault rifles that was in the main campaign.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Mathdino »

oh shittt

what console? i'm on 360 (so much for PC master race :( )

i played ME2 first before ME3 was out, then learned the ME1 story, then played ME3 and went back and bought ME1

gamestops sell the entire trilogy for dirt cheap nowadays

ME3MP was so unexpectedly good, it's insane

the classes are cool but i have a huge bias toward the human characters tbh. i play the shit out of a headcanon'd mexican human female engineer specc'd for maximum stunning -- weirdly good on gold played conservatively :P

i also made a HSentinel modeled after scarlet witch that legit just casts a 1300N Throw at everyone and everything
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by zoraster »

i never ended up playing ME3 despite having it because it made me motion sick. I couldn't turn off the motion blur and literally couldn't deal with it.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 3, AnonymousGhost wrote:How'd you spec out your multiplayer characters? Defensive, offensive, a mixture of both?

I gave them a ton of health and shield regeneration and I would usually forfeit one of their abilities altogether - unless it was something I really really wanted - to make sure everything else was maxed out. For instance my Geth Juggernaut never had the ability to throw out a drone, but I compensated for that with one of the awesome long range assault rifles that was in the main campaign.
end of the day the extra fitness doesn't add that much IMO anyway; once your shields are down you're lowkey fucked already
the humans are flimsy so i usually just make up for it with cyclonic modulators

HEngineer I go 6/6/6/5/3 - stun on the drone, chain on the overload, radius on incinerate. open with drone to distract, then overload/incinerate/overload/incinerate/overload etc. carry sniper rifle

HSentinel I go 6/6/6/5/3 - full damage protection on the tech armor (although sometimes for the lulz i spec it out to try to get tech armor kills), MAXIMUM FORCE ON THROWWWWW, combos for warp

HVanguard I basically spec it for charge/nova. 6/6/0/6/6. shockwave doesn't make any sense for this classic, can't self-detonate

HAdept I think I go 6/6/6/5/3 - crowd control/stun singularity, then just try to get combos with warp/shockwave

i don't play HSoldier or HInfiltrator (HInf is super lame)

favourite infiltrator is the quarian female one
when i feel like actually sniping i go 6/6/3/6/5 - damage for cloak, sabotage stuns shit, stickies ruin things.
but best (but super conservative) quarian inf imo is 4/6/6/6/4 - use the biggest shotgun you have, sabotage everything and shotgun them in the face
take grenade capacity and proximity mine for sticky grenades and big shotguns go great with big explosions
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by BBmolla »

ME2 was perfect, ME1 was buggy but story was good, ME3 combat was best story was okay but overall replayability was worse than others,

MEA I'm still playing through because the the social justice warrior influence on this game shows through so fucking hard its painful to get through. I'm fairly confident I accidentally locked in a romance with a dude alien because I wanted to say something friendly to cheer him up and then my Ryder made a pass at him. The characters are super one dimensional and boring, I don't understand how they fucked up this bad.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by BBmolla »

ME3 needed player vs player multiplayer, I think the co-op is actually crazy boring.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

PS3.

NO WHY???!??!?!?!?!?!?!??! DX< NOW I NEED TO GET 360!!!!!!

Ahem.

Same. Played ME2. Connected to the PSN and got to have some control of the storyline - save the Rachni Queen, didn't shoot Wrex, etc. - and then bought ME3.

XD

I was the exact opposite w/ the ME3 multiplayer. If I could, I'd rather play one of the other races than human just because we'd never had anything like that before. I think the N7 Engineer and N7 Shadow Infiltrator were the only two humans that I regularly shipped out as because of their neat abilities.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 7, BBmolla wrote:ME2 was perfect, ME1 was buggy but story was good, ME3 combat was best story was okay but overall replayability was worse than others,
actually loved ME3 story but i only got it after almost all the DLC was out (<3 <3 <3 ME3 Citadel)

i love to replay ME3 if only for the combat

and for the fact that that game reached peak fanservice (and peak acting)

the dialogue was amazing
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 4, Mathdino wrote:weirdly good on gold played conservatively
I never played higher than silver with complete strangers. Usually because they weren't expecting it and didn't come prepared for it and most of the times flaked out once they discovered what the actual difficulty was.

Unless I played with a friend who knew we were going for Gold - only tried Platinum once and I barely survived; legit everyone else was dying every 5 seconds expect me and the one dude who came prepared for Platinum... my god... I was extremely glad I had chosen Infiltrator that round with an extended Tactical Cloak - then I usually stuck with Bronze. :3
Talk Fast, Think Faster

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i came back to it after years

basically the only people still around that play silver/gold are some good shit

almost all of them have better equipment than i do :lol:
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 7, BBmolla wrote:MEA I'm still playing through because the the social justice warrior influence on this game shows through so fucking hard its painful to get through.
MEA... yeah... I don't plan to play that.

Watched a walkthrough and my biggest rub - other than what everyone else has said about it - with it is that it wouldn't allow me to bond with my dad. I questioned if I was bad for not caring about him when he died. Then I realized that he was basically a stranger to us, the player, and wished that we could've played as him for the first third of the game - in order to get to know him and make the loss that much more meaningful - and then made the dramatic and unexpected switch to one of the Ryder twins.
In post 10, Mathdino wrote:actually loved ME3 story but i only got it after almost all the DLC was out (<3 <3 <3 ME3 Citadel)
One of the nice touches of the ME3 storyline was the switch from Shepard consoling their crew mates was that the crew mates could console Shepard when stuff got real bad.

Also yes, ME3 Citadel! <3

Only thing that was missing was a Legion!
Talk Fast, Think Faster

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by zoraster »

I played a lot of MEA but it was not a good game. They didn't really know what they wanted the game to be. It was so boring and sidequesty in order to be considered a "sandbox" game, which has never been ME's strength (who thinks "oh gosh. they should really develop more mako stuff"). Also it pretty much forced you to play a Suduko puzzle over and over, which is not something I enjoy.

For what it's worth, I asked my sister-in-law, who works for Bioware, why the heck that one level had doors that took SO much longer to open than other areas (you had to hold down square or whatever for a lot longer than elsewhere) and the answer was "to make it seem like a run down outpost where things don't work well." Which i guess it did at first but then it was just an annoying thing that made the game take even longer.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 9, AnonymousGhost wrote:Same. Played ME2. Connected to the PSN and got to have some control of the storyline - save the Rachni Queen, didn't shoot Wrex, etc. - and then bought ME3.

XD

I was the exact opposite w/ the ME3 multiplayer. If I could, I'd rather play one of the other races than human just because we'd never had anything like that before. I think the N7 Engineer and N7 Shadow Infiltrator were the only two humans that I regularly shipped out as because of their neat abilities.
- 360 probably not worth it lol
idk how much they cost tho

- go buy ME1, if only for the conrad verner and the clear canonicity of femshep/liara

- i generally think humans are awesome in any sci-fi
it's kinda weird
like imagine nationalism but for humanity
that said when i'm not playing humans i'm basically playing quarians, turians (when i feel like guns), and krogans (when i feel like heavy meleeing everyone on silver)
i also have managed to unlock 0 geth characters so that's pretty upsetting

- i have neither of those
i do however have n7 fury (look up gameplay of her soloing, it's beautiful)
and n7 paladin (basically an engineer on steroids)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I liked DAO the best. Maybe this is weird but I liked the way it LOOKED. It was easier for me to see as opposed to DA II. Is that b/c of the difference in the engine?

Haven't even gone past the first lvl in Inquisition.

Love the ME trilogy (but 2 was the weakest IMO) Is Andromeda even worth getting?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:15 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Should I bother finishing Andromeda, it's like such a chore honestly
AnonymousGhost