Dragon Age & Mass Effect

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i have only played DAO and the shepard trilogy

new games are $$$$$$
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Mathdino »

oh shittt

what console? i'm on 360 (so much for PC master race :( )

i played ME2 first before ME3 was out, then learned the ME1 story, then played ME3 and went back and bought ME1

gamestops sell the entire trilogy for dirt cheap nowadays

ME3MP was so unexpectedly good, it's insane

the classes are cool but i have a huge bias toward the human characters tbh. i play the shit out of a headcanon'd mexican human female engineer specc'd for maximum stunning -- weirdly good on gold played conservatively :P

i also made a HSentinel modeled after scarlet witch that legit just casts a 1300N Throw at everyone and everything
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 3, AnonymousGhost wrote:How'd you spec out your multiplayer characters? Defensive, offensive, a mixture of both?

I gave them a ton of health and shield regeneration and I would usually forfeit one of their abilities altogether - unless it was something I really really wanted - to make sure everything else was maxed out. For instance my Geth Juggernaut never had the ability to throw out a drone, but I compensated for that with one of the awesome long range assault rifles that was in the main campaign.
end of the day the extra fitness doesn't add that much IMO anyway; once your shields are down you're lowkey fucked already
the humans are flimsy so i usually just make up for it with cyclonic modulators

HEngineer I go 6/6/6/5/3 - stun on the drone, chain on the overload, radius on incinerate. open with drone to distract, then overload/incinerate/overload/incinerate/overload etc. carry sniper rifle

HSentinel I go 6/6/6/5/3 - full damage protection on the tech armor (although sometimes for the lulz i spec it out to try to get tech armor kills), MAXIMUM FORCE ON THROWWWWW, combos for warp

HVanguard I basically spec it for charge/nova. 6/6/0/6/6. shockwave doesn't make any sense for this classic, can't self-detonate

HAdept I think I go 6/6/6/5/3 - crowd control/stun singularity, then just try to get combos with warp/shockwave

i don't play HSoldier or HInfiltrator (HInf is super lame)

favourite infiltrator is the quarian female one
when i feel like actually sniping i go 6/6/3/6/5 - damage for cloak, sabotage stuns shit, stickies ruin things.
but best (but super conservative) quarian inf imo is 4/6/6/6/4 - use the biggest shotgun you have, sabotage everything and shotgun them in the face
take grenade capacity and proximity mine for sticky grenades and big shotguns go great with big explosions
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 7, BBmolla wrote:ME2 was perfect, ME1 was buggy but story was good, ME3 combat was best story was okay but overall replayability was worse than others,
actually loved ME3 story but i only got it after almost all the DLC was out (<3 <3 <3 ME3 Citadel)

i love to replay ME3 if only for the combat

and for the fact that that game reached peak fanservice (and peak acting)

the dialogue was amazing
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i came back to it after years

basically the only people still around that play silver/gold are some good shit

almost all of them have better equipment than i do :lol:
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 9, AnonymousGhost wrote:Same. Played ME2. Connected to the PSN and got to have some control of the storyline - save the Rachni Queen, didn't shoot Wrex, etc. - and then bought ME3.

XD

I was the exact opposite w/ the ME3 multiplayer. If I could, I'd rather play one of the other races than human just because we'd never had anything like that before. I think the N7 Engineer and N7 Shadow Infiltrator were the only two humans that I regularly shipped out as because of their neat abilities.
- 360 probably not worth it lol
idk how much they cost tho

- go buy ME1, if only for the conrad verner and the clear canonicity of femshep/liara

- i generally think humans are awesome in any sci-fi
it's kinda weird
like imagine nationalism but for humanity
that said when i'm not playing humans i'm basically playing quarians, turians (when i feel like guns), and krogans (when i feel like heavy meleeing everyone on silver)
i also have managed to unlock 0 geth characters so that's pretty upsetting

- i have neither of those
i do however have n7 fury (look up gameplay of her soloing, it's beautiful)
and n7 paladin (basically an engineer on steroids)

Return to “The Arcade”