mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:58 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 169, the worst wrote:Last time we played you were obvtown as shit to me WHILE being mislynched. Like you took stances and explained yourself well as I recall it, the haters just rebutted beautifully and town were of inconsistent quality

Here it feels like youre trying to avoid taking stances or explain yourself. IIOA vibe from substanceposts. If this is just my hungover self being a mess please show me where I'm wrong.
Yeah, but I was only on the plate for a mislynch halfway through day 1 to the end of it. This game has literally been 7 pages and I feel like RVS went on for longer than usual this game. I personally think expecting me to be obv town within my first few posts after witnessing my ability to look incredibly obv town is an unfair way to try and read me.

Also, I don't get why you think I'm avoiding anything or refusing to explain myself? If you ever feel like I'm not explaining something then all you gotta do is ask me about it and I will.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:00 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 178, Quick wrote:This posts strikes me as a kind of post Scum make. It focuses too much on things not really pertaining to the game and is very wordy without really saying much.
I can assure you that long wordy walls that may or may not have as much substance to match their length is DEFINITELY not AI for me.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:02 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 179, the worst wrote:pedit: YES QUICK EXACTLY
Wait, are you agreeing that wordy posts from me are scummy? I know I was only alive for 1 day in the game we played and I wasn't invested in it properly but I could have sworn I posted a few walls, especially back then.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:05 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 181, Sando wrote:mutant's reaction is not that of someone who's played with Fumuki before
Correct, I haven't played with Fumuki before. Looking at his join date I wouldn't have thought anyone has (unless you count on going games). It always takes me a while to adjust to troll posters. Eg. I didn't realise Not_Mafia was a shit poster until halfway through the first game I played with him.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 183, Quick wrote:
In post 180, Sando wrote:
In post 179, the worst wrote:How strong is your devle townread?
Not strong, and it's basically because I think the 100% opposite of what Quick just wrote. That post from mutant struck me as townie as hell, the reason I'm not stronger townreading is due to previous tryhard in RVS stage as mentioned when I voted Quick.
Your reason for voting me is pretty weak. You're trying to say that it's Scummy of me that I didn't want to explain my TRs on people when I said I had some gut TRs on 2/3 of the first posters (Korina being one of them that developed into a stronger read) That I explicitly said I didn't want to explain.
As someone who tends to get a fair few tone and gut reads (which usually turn out to be more accurate than my normal reads) I can relate to your frustration here. But when you have gut reads from a single post in RVS you surely should be able to understand why people would see that as scummy right? Personally, I don't think it's scummy because I'm capable of it myself but that doesn't make it townie either. I think it would be better for people to treat this kind of thing as NAI.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:28 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 184, Fumuki wrote:Devil, your post was kinda big so I'll answer paragraph by paragraph instead of quotting it all, what you said will be put inside " ".

Spoiler:
"
Nice miss repping here.

My talk of policy lynching you has
nothing
to do with your RVS scum claim. The talk around policy lynching you was about how almost every post you write is a shitpost. You can't honestly expect to write a load of crap as your posts and expect people not to consider lynching you for it?"

If your reason for policy lynching has nothing to do with my scum claims, I don't even have much shitpost. Good part of it is EXACTLY scum claiming.

About lynching, no, I was exactly expecting people to talk about lynching me, what I was paying attention was someone implying that I should be policy lynched afterwards/killed at night while don't exposing themselves too much. Three people were bold and voted me right off and some are dubious, but still is only you that made such a careful move minding your reputation trying to get me mislynched (even if is at day 2) or killed at night. You say that I have been only shitposting but that's wrong, I have been shitposting of course however I too was pointing things out by the time you wrote about how we should deal with me.

I consider that RVS definitely ended in #59 with Quick saying (Why am I town) abruptly and even though Quick maybe thinks it was not abrupt and could be considered a joke, even ceejayvinoya said "seems like we are getting out of RVS stage", because it really seemed like Quick told me "stop it" indirectly. From that point on I was discussing too about Korina behavior and what we should look into in RVS.

Spoiler:
"If we are going to policy lynch you, and I never said we definitely should, it's fundamentally a better idea to lynch you day 2 if that's what we want to do. We shouldn't lynch you day 1 because we don't know whether the vig or tracker exists yet. If a vig does exist, it is in their best interest to eliminate the misslynches instead of trying to pick off their own scum reads. Fun fact, as a shit poster, scum are going to try and push your lynch. That makes you mislynchable (assuming you are town) - that's another reason why we probably shouldn't policy lynch you day 1.

Once night 2 has passed, we will know if we have a vig. The vig doesn't necessarily have to kill you night 1, because just the security of having a vig lets us know that we can have you removed from the game if you become too much of a liability. However, if we don't have a vig, then if we are ever going to lynch you during this game, it will have to be day 2. Again, we don't have to lynch you then, but if we ever want you dead during the game, that's when we have to do it. Any later than that and it will be too risky policy lynching instead of scum lynching (unless, of course, we have 1 or 2 scum nailed by then)."

No, we won't know if we have a vig or not if they don't use it in another person that will probably flip town. So here you are telling the vig "you need to kill him tonight or we shall lynch him day 2", or that the vig need to kill another one and afterwards kill me too. It can seem like town behavior but if you're scum that benefits you even more.

Spoiler:
"I replied to your shit post in an analytical way because I began to think it was serious. You asked people to look at it twice since making the post so it kinda looked like you genuinely wanted us to check it out.".

I had been saying nosense however by that time I had as well tried to point out useful things, I don't think anyone took it serious besides you and am I wrong for suspecting how weird that is since there was a clear difference when I was serious and when I wasn't?

Spoiler:
"You asked people to look at it twice since making the post so it kinda looked like you genuinely wanted us to check it out. It would help if your shitposts were funny and not just random nonsense. As the worst said, if you want to shitpost, pay attention to how Not_Mafia does it. He is genuinely entertaining but still able to take the game seriously. Sometimes he can also be a lylo liability and worthy of a policy lynch but other times he can be a great addition to the town - I've seen him in both situations"

Uh...well...no defense about this...

But the truth is that...I actually don't like that much shitposting...

I was thinking about making me a easy target and catch someone making sure to cast me off while not compromising reputation. You say scum will try to mislynch me but the truth is that they'll tiptoe it a little instead of jumping on it. They'll surely talk about policy lynching but acting like it's a big benefit to town like you did and making posts slightly casting shade on me and the others "trolls".

I'm suspicious of you because you did exactly what scum probably would do, even if there's the possibility of you doing it as town as well, it's the most scummy thing I have see until now.

Well...now that I have explained my behavior (believe you or not...) I'll ask for a break of posting so much nonsense...

It was fun at first but after a while it lost the magic...
1. You do have a lot of shit posting actually. Your first non shitpost was and your only mostly non shitpost after that was when you first voted for me. Since then, you've definately been more serious about the game, but at that point in time, you were almost entirely shitposting.

And I wasn't trying to get you mislynched. Please stop trying to present this as though I just said "hey, we should be policy lynching this guy!". I haven't made up my mind yet on if you should be policy lynched, because as far as I'm concerned, that's a decision to be made tomorrow (assuming you are still primarily shitposting by then). But what I was saying is that if there is going to be any policy lynches at all then since there is potentially a vig in the game then the best time to make such a lynch would be day 2.

2. I find it incredibly unlikely that someone would choose vig if they don't intend to use their kill every night. If they don't trust themselves to make a kill each night then they should be choosing tracker. And again, please stop trying to present me as though I definitely want you dead. If you don't get vig killed tonight, I never said you
should
be lynched day 2, I just said that if we are going to kill you based on policy then that's when it should be.

3. Your difference between joke and seriousness is not as clear as you'd think. When you start insisting that we read your previous post multiple times it makes me start to think "maybe this guy is actually an idiot instead of a joke poster?". I've never met you before so don't expect me to get you straight away.

4. So you're saying that your entire shitposting was a reaction test? I mean, you realise that shitposters are generally pushed by both alignments right? Everything I've said surrounding you getting policy lynched has been about minimising the impact that scum has on having you easily lynched. If I was scum, I would have been a part of that initial wagon on you. But I guess that's just theoretical WIFOM. If you are indeed not a total shitposter then OFC you shouldn't be considered for the vig kill or policy lynch tomorrow, but my points still stand as a general attitude towards anyone we would want to policy kill.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:31 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 188, Sando wrote:
In post 182, the worst wrote:Also omg new puppy<3 what breed? Is it adorable?
I would say yes (Border Collie):

Spoiler:
If you keep posting pictures of your puppy all game then I'm going to policy not lynch you. That puppy is just way too cute.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:37 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 192, the worst wrote:Re mutant bleeding heart viewtopic.php?p=9886200&user_select%5B%5D=30609#p9886200

I dont consider myself good at meta reading but ...... the vibes man. This is a good place to start fmpov
the worst, how can you point to this kind of content from me and say that's what scum me is and then try and say my is scummy?

Also, if it's the excessive walls that you are town reading, just note that I've since melted those kinds of posts into multiple posts like I'm doing right now. Basically, previous all the posts I've just written would be in the same post. I've changed my playstyle a little since that game so that people stop complaining at me for writing giant walls of text (though I'm still able to do that when I have a lot to say surrounding 1 subject).
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 194, the worst wrote:Mutant..... Isn't having reads.
Just because I'm not explicitly stating them doesn't mean I don't have them. If you read into the stuff I've been saying you can see that I've been implying certain reads on people.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:48 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 195, Sando wrote:@Mutant - You spent all of the linked game, Open 711 scumreading or trying to policy lynch Not_Mafia, and he was in fact scum in that game. Why are you completely ignoring him here AND calling for a separate policy lynch?
I'm not ignoring him, I am just yet to engage him. I fully support policy lynching any troll posters that we have this game in the same way I described Fumuki (not so sure that applies to Fumuki anymore but it definitely applies to N_M and Alonso). For Open 711, a little context is required. I had just finished a game with Not_Mafia where we were in LYLO with a SK and he voted me at the very start of the day before I even had a chance to see the day had started causing the SK to hammer the very next post. It was literally as short as a day could get. So, I was very much up for policy lynching someone who is so dangerous at LYLO. Since then, I've played more games with N_M and found him genuinely enjoyable to play with/watch play, I've also seen other troll posters who can make a game more fun even if more frustrating when trying to read them. I still agree with policy lynching any and all troll players, but since we may have a vig, I consider that to be their job. Vigs shouldn't be shooting their own scum reads unless the majority of town also consider them scummy (aka, someone we're probably going to lynch anyway). If no one fits that category, they should be shooting whoever is the least help to the town - most of the time that's troll posters. People were talking about policy lynching and I decided to chip in on when would be the best time to do so. Besides, it was probably never healthy of me to be so trigger happy on policy lynching anyway.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 210, Fumuki wrote:I'm not certain but trolls are quite more common now and devil
only said anything to me only after the third vote from Iconeum and a public consensus of discussing a policy lynch.
And I don't think he's pissed...he just is trying to defend himself because he recognizes that it was a serious and valid accusation.
Bolded: exactly. I only started talking about it because other people were and my comments were basically "no, don't policy lynch day 1 when there is a chance there is a vig in the game, a role whose purpose is literally to deal with these players".

And I don't recognise your case as serious or valid, most of what you're saying about me is you interpreting what I'm saying wrong because it's about specifically you. I just generally respond to any and all discussions involving me. I have never left any question directed towards me unanswered regardless of my alignment (that I'm aware of anyway, if I have, it wasn't intentional).
I mostly just lurk now.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:59 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 332, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 192, the worst wrote:Re mutant bleeding heart viewtopic.php?p=9886200&user_select%5B%5D=30609#p9886200

I dont consider myself good at meta reading but ...... the vibes man. This is a good place to start fmpov
the worst, how can you point to this kind of content from me and say that's what scum me is and then try and say my is scummy?

Also, if it's the excessive walls that you are town reading, just note that I've since melted those kinds of posts into multiple posts like I'm doing right now. Basically, previous all the posts I've just written would be in the same post. I've changed my playstyle a little since that game so that people stop complaining at me for writing giant walls of text (though I'm still able to do that when I have a lot to say surrounding 1 subject).
I have a predisposition towards scumreading wallposts because they're needlessly hard to navigate - the exception is when they're transparently well written (Skitter30 from our last game is a brilliant example, she's my favourite wallposter. :lol: )

Last game what pinged me as towny af even before your wagon proper was how open you were with what you were thinking about other players and shit. Here it initially felt like you were overfocusing on Fumuki etc. to avoid actually having to give reads

Your catchup post reads pretty ok so I'm happy putting the squeeze on that other guy and letting you do your thing.

How are your TRs post catchup btw?
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:06 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In regards to Quick's .

I agree that I was not overreacting and you're right in saying that I wasn't pissed. I didn't mention that when I was described as such because I figured it was just the way other's were reading the post. I intended it to be calm detail as you've correctly identified.

I do disagree with the notion that we should be playing as though we don't have a vig though. I'm not going to policy lynch day 1 simply because we have the possibility of having a vig whose role should primarily be in my opinion to eliminate troll posters and misslynches.

I guess in general we just disagree on how to handle vigs and policy lynches.

Tbh Quick I needed this post from you because I was starting to doubt my town read on you a lil' bit. Whilst I don't necessarily agree with too much of what you said in this post, I did find it really townie.

Pedit: I'm still doing my catchup :3
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:08 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 214, Quick wrote:@Mutantdevle,

Were you pissed when you made that post or not?
Just to answer this directly: no. I didn't intend to come across as so aggressive. I don't really have any frustration with Fumuki, my whole posts about that was mainly to convey when and why we should be policy lynching IF we're going to do it at all.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:10 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 219, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 218, the worst wrote:He's an unashamed troll and he's beautiful.

He is literally unreadable, literally naked lolhammers at will as either alignment, etc., etc. I'm also jealous because I'm not as cool as him so yeah

Ceejay you need to contribute too. :]

pedit: POT KETTLE BUDDY
Well I guess we need to kick him out of the game early then. Regardless of his alignment, since it will probably help us?
In response to this, see everything I said about Fukumi except replace "Fukumi" with "Not_Mafia". Either we let the vig deal with him or we policy lynch him tomorrow if we want to use our lynches for policy at all. I think it would be unwise to policy lynch day 1 when there is potentially a vig in the game.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:15 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Nothing in particular is too comment worthy but I like ceejayvinoya's interactions on page 10. He definitely seems to be game solving and I mostly agree with what he's said about N_M.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:19 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 272, Oxy wrote:What do you think about the duckling not really game solving?
I know this question wasn't directed at me but, personally, I think he is.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:24 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 267, Oxy wrote:Alonzo - no change
Can you explain why you town lean Alonzo despite him posting essentially entirely shitposts? I can hazard a guess at your reasoning but I want to see if that's what you see.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:29 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 291, Quick wrote:I would put this a lot higher, but you do you.
Hmm, could you explain why you'd town read him (Korina)? I currently have him as a slight scum lean but I don't see him any higher than a null tbh.

I'll ISO him again when I post my reads list but from my own recollection I don't see him as town (though maybe I'm thinking too much about the RVS?).
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:37 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 313, Quick wrote:I think, in light of seeing Fumuki's trolly nature,
Mutantdevle looks bad here because the reaction looks kinda fake. Why does it look fake? Because mutants response is OTT and over dramatized.
I barely saw that post by Fumuki the first time around... it must have gone through my brain and been filtered as "not important" so why mutant is doing this "ohr meh gosh, I can'tz believe this!" is kinda silly. So either mutant is the type that misinterprets things frequently or they are just Scum. Should be apparent soon enough.
Bolded: umm... what happened to you saying you didn't think I was pissed off and that I was calm earlier? How do you go from thinking that to suddenly agreeing that what I said about Fumuki? Not sure if I missed anything but I don't see that progression anywhere.

And obviously, I'd be paying more attention to something he said about me than you would. Also, when did I say anything remotely like "ohr meh gosh, I can'tz believe this!". All I did was correct him, throw a bit of shade, and then things escalated from there.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:39 am

Post by mutantdevle »

^^ Honestly, your sudden change in opinion on whether or not my post was an overreaction has made me doubt my town read again. I hope you're not going to make my opinion on you see-saw all game.
I mostly just lurk now.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:39 am

Post by the worst »

@Mod
believe Spartan is officially in the "prod zone" when you're around
also I shouldn't be V/LA officially but overseas fam are staying with me for a week or so starting tomorrow, so I won't be crazyhyperposting as regularly....

people I don't really want to lynch atm are currently
the worst, Quick, Sando, mutantdevle, ceejayvinoya, Fumuki

therefore we've got 12 irl days to lynch somewhere in
pinturicchio, Spartan117, Alonzo, Iconeum, Oxy, Not_Mafia, Korina

Oxy/pinturicchio probably has 1+ scum. :lol:

I always forget about night phases. vig should 100% shoot NM up
--
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:40 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 315, Iconeum wrote:For some reason I always end up scumreading these early votes on NM. It's such an easy place to start because in every game NM is considered a 'good' D1 lynch
Whilst I don't scum read it myself I do agree that these votes are bad; ESPECIALLY in a game where we might have a vig.
I mostly just lurk now.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:42 am

Post by the worst »

@poptartchorizo
can you give me an update on your mutant read?
sorry to be a pain, but a little bit of support of meta perceptions would be great.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:45 am

Post by the worst »

let me know if you want me to get your name right btw.
Pinturicchio is really cool. I just think the typos suit the whole "the worst" thing and (hopefully) you enjoy the banter? :lol:
--

Return to “Completed Open Games”