mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:55 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 336, the worst wrote:How are your TRs post catchup btw?
A little floppy in some areas and slightly confuzzled in others. I do have a few reads I'm confident by my own standards on though.

Town:

Oxy

Town Lean:

Sando
ceejayvinoya
the worst

Null:

Alonzo
Fumuki
Not_Mafia
Iconeum
Spartan117

Scum Lean:

Korina
Pintu
Quick

Scum:

If anyone would like me to elaborate on any of my reads then feel free to ask. Also FYI, Quick would have been in the town category if it wasn't for that huge change in opinion and if he wasn't making me doubt myself so much in some of the posts before that. I would also just likely to say some things about Pintu since I haven't really mentioned him that much yet. Usually, when I play with Pintu he goes unnoticed for most of the game and is only noticed because he's so unnoticeable. But this game, I feel like I'm noticing him a lot more and he feels more active but not in a good way. Maybe it's because I'm used to him now and hence why I notice him more but something is different about Pintu and I don't like it.

Does anyone else find him noticeable? If it's not just me with this attitude then I'll know I'm on to something and push further.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:57 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Okay, people are probably sick of my avatar after reading all that so I'm going to let other people post for a while :lol:
I mostly just lurk now.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:58 am

Post by the worst »

In post 350, mutantdevle wrote:Town:
Oxy
I'd like some more detail on this, if you wouldn't mind.
otherwise your reads make sense
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:58 am

Post by the worst »

DEVIL DEVIL DUCKLING DEVIL DUCKLING DUCKLING DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL
--
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:59 am

Post by Iconeum »

I'm not ready to give town reads yet.
Fumuki I was also scumreading, why wouldn't you lynch Fumuki, the worst?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Fumuki
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:10 am

Post by Fumuki »

So many posts in such a short time...game got heated...

I'll be back afterwards to point out things...
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:20 am

Post by the worst »

I'm newbreading Fumuki and the literal scumclaim was in poor taste but outside of earlygame banter their thoughts have been fine imo.

They're not an extreme locktown read but I don't think they're a good lynch as things stand. What makes you scumlean them?
--
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:24 am

Post by Korina »

Why did you guys double the number of pages last night?
I'll post catchup when I get the time.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:06 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 352, the worst wrote:
In post 350, mutantdevle wrote:Town:
Oxy
I'd like some more detail on this, if you wouldn't mind.
otherwise your reads make sense
Well, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't be town reading him tbh. He is actively game solving, laying out his thought process and generally doing everything a townie needs to do. I find him very agreeable and I can follow his logic in how he's reaching different conclusions. The only complaint I could possibly have about him is that he's a little distant in that he's not getting too involved but still present.

May I ask what makes you think he's scummy? Because I really don't see it. (I'm assuming you think he's scummy since you said there's 1 scum between him and Pintu).
I mostly just lurk now.
Oxy
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:07 am

Post by Oxy »

In post 320, Sando wrote:
In post 267, Oxy wrote:sando - He and I independently arrived at the same conclusion about mutantdevle, at least until Sando did the meta read through
You disagree with the meta read, or just not a big meta read kinda guy?
Just haven't gotten around to it yet, so it is not factored in.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:08 am

Post by Sando »

In post 346, the worst wrote:people I don't really want to lynch atm are currently
the worst, Quick, Sando, mutantdevle, ceejayvinoya, Fumuki

therefore we've got 12 irl days to lynch somewhere in
pinturicchio, Spartan117, Alonzo, Iconeum, Oxy, Not_Mafia, Korina
My not-lynch is shorter than yours, but there's no-one in your lynch list that would be in my non-lynch list, so I'm cool with that. CJ doesn't deserve not-lynch status and Fumu...well I guess in a heads v tails I'll give not-lynch, but I'm not happy about it. Not happy about it I tells you, not happy!
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:09 am

Post by Sando »

In post 359, Oxy wrote:
In post 320, Sando wrote:
In post 267, Oxy wrote:sando - He and I independently arrived at the same conclusion about mutantdevle, at least until Sando did the meta read through
You disagree with the meta read, or just not a big meta read kinda guy?
Just haven't gotten around to it yet, so it is not factored in.
Fair cop, I got drunk instead of investigating the player history, so I guess that one's on me tomorrow IRL.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:22 am

Post by Sando »

In post 334, mutantdevle wrote:I'm not ignoring him, I am just yet to engage him.
Yeah...but the ling of ducks linked me to a very recent game where your third post was calling for a PL on N_M...where he ended up being scum. "I've learnt he's fun to play with" given it was Open 711 I believe, ie not very long ago, doesn't really strike me as a rational position.

To my mind, if I've legit run a PL against someone day 1, and been mislynched myself (I believe this is true?) day one, and then it turned out that yes that guy was scum and won the game...I'm not turning up to the next game with that person all fine and dandy and "I've learnt they're a really fun player".

Is there a game in between that has caused this change of heart? Cause I'm just putting it out there, I don't buy that someone mislynched as town D1 over their PL target, who turned out to be scum AND won the game, is going to rationally come to that change of heart.

Basically:
In post 334, mutantdevle wrote:Since then, I've played more games with N_M and found him genuinely enjoyable to play with/watch play
Gimmi.
Oxy
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:24 am

Post by Oxy »

In post 342, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 267, Oxy wrote:Alonzo - no change
Can you explain why you town lean Alonzo despite him posting essentially entirely shitposts? I can hazard a guess at your reasoning but I want to see if that's what you see.
It's a light town read based on him getting drunk and memeing and having fun in his game on his birthday. There are no statistics about the correlation between getting drunk, getting older, and having fun in one's mafia game and ones alignment, but I have a hunch it comes from town more often than scum. This is probably my softest read, but I see no reason for it to change over a period of time in which alonzo hasn't posted.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:25 am

Post by Sando »

In post 360, Sando wrote:
In post 346, the worst wrote:people I don't really want to lynch atm are currently

My not-lynch is shorter than yours, but there's no-one in your lynch list that would be in my non-lynch list, so I'm cool with that. CJ doesn't deserve not-lynch status and Fumu...well I guess in a heads v tails I'll give not-lynch, but I'm not happy about it. Not happy about it I tells you, not happy!
Wait, ling of ducks, lets move Oxy into the "posts good enough stuff that we'll get a fine read in subsequent days" catagory, and not lynch him today. Swap him for CJ mmmk.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:41 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 362, Sando wrote:Yeah...but the ling of ducks linked me to a very recent game where your third post was calling for a PL on N_M...where he ended up being scum. "I've learnt he's fun to play with" given it was Open 711 I believe, ie not very long ago, doesn't really strike me as a rational position.

To my mind, if I've legit run a PL against someone day 1, and been mislynched myself (I believe this is true?) day one, and then it turned out that yes that guy was scum and won the game...I'm not turning up to the next game with that person all fine and dandy and "I've learnt they're a really fun player".

Is there a game in between that has caused this change of heart? Cause I'm just putting it out there, I don't buy that someone mislynched as town D1 over their PL target, who turned out to be scum AND won the game, is going to rationally come to that change of heart.
Don't judge how long ago this was by how long ago the game ended. I died day 1 which is a fairly long time.

Also, saying that just because he was scum I should continue the toxic strategy of just policy lynching people who are trolls is bad because my wanting to lynch him had nothing to do with his alignment.

Since that game, I've hosted this game with him in (taking a step back and just watching someone play can be quite insightful), there was also several troll players in this ongoing game, N_M was also part of a mega hydra that's basically a troll anyway in this ongoing game, then there's also the beauty of his role in this game.

So in general, I've warmed up to trolls. They can be fun. That does not mean I'm against policy lynching them though, I'm all for that. But as I say, that's for the vig/tracker to decide whether or not they want to deal with the trolls. Day 2 is when I'll decide whether or not I'm going to care about them.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:45 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 363, Oxy wrote:It's a light town read based on him getting drunk and memeing and having fun in his game on his birthday. There are no statistics about the correlation between getting drunk, getting older, and having fun in one's mafia game and ones alignment, but I have a hunch it comes from town more often than scum. This is probably my softest read, but I see no reason for it to change over a period of time in which alonzo hasn't posted.
I'm inclined to agree. I think scum would be more aware of what their posting and hence avoid posting when drunk. But idk if Alonso is that kind of person hence whey they're still null for me. As far as I'm concerned, at the moment, they are one of the trolls.
I mostly just lurk now.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:53 am

Post by Alonzo »

Take it you dont wanna hear about my epic hangover today then?
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:12 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 367, Alonzo wrote:Take it you dont wanna hear about my epic hangover today then?
You and me both man, the start of this game landed on a bad couple days for me, been so busy this week, tomorrow im gonna have a lot more free time so am going to do a proper run down of everthing then, i cant believe after 2 days we have over 15 pages already this is mad. If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask and when i go through everything i will address them.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:18 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 346, the worst wrote:
@Mod
believe Spartan is officially in the "prod zone" when you're around
also I shouldn't be V/LA officially but overseas fam are staying with me for a week or so starting tomorrow, so I won't be crazyhyperposting as regularly....
The game only started 46 hours ago. Prod timer hadn't gone off.

And noted, thanks.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:20 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Townlean on mutantdevle. I think his answers regarding what happened earlier are genuine. UNVOTE: mutantdevle
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:26 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 364, Sando wrote:
In post 360, Sando wrote:

Wait, ling of ducks, lets move Oxy into the "posts good enough stuff that we'll get a fine read in subsequent days" catagory, and not lynch him today. Swap him for CJ mmmk.
What's your read on me @sando?
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:58 am

Post by Korina »

In post 267, Oxy wrote:
Strong town read

fumuki-I know he claimed scum, but this guy is obv!town.
town reads
(less light, not strong)
vivi - reasons
Wut even is this? What am I reading? This isn't RVS, this is the serious phase. Please explain everything you mean by this right now. I don't even know where to start on this.
In post 224, ceejayvinoya wrote:VOTE: Not_Mafia
Oh hey! We found NM's long lost brother!
In post 283, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 280, Oxy wrote: p.edit @sordicchio How did I know you would go there with your first? Am I starting to think like you???? Why is Quick a good pocket?
Tinfoil hat is a way of life, yo.

About Quick, he's loud. These are the best players to pocket, for they are hard to mislynch from scum perspective, and they can push mislynches for you and get away with it. So if Duck/NM are scum, they will give him an early townread (both of them have done this) and try to do some inception shit on him so he goes to the wrong directions
What is this? And also, why wouldn't scum NK them, because the only role that can save itself is Hider? There's no Doc, so unless they're Hider, why wouldn't scum NK them? And are you implying Quick is Hider?
In post 346, the worst wrote:I always forget about night phases. vig should 100% shoot NM up
What do you mean by this? Are you implying you know for a fact there is a vigi in the game?
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Oxy
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Oxy »

In post 372, Korina wrote:In post 267, Oxy wrote:
Strong town read

fumuki-I know he claimed scum, but this guy is obv!town.
town reads (less light, not strong)
vivi - reasons

Wut even is this? What am I reading? This isn't RVS, this is the serious phase. Please explain everything you mean by this right now. I don't even know where to start on this.
This is not the game of scum!fumuki claiming scum
claiming slayers
Executing the switch from trolly posts to more serious posts, back to a middle ground in an emotionally and tonally manner consistent with town.

Reasons mean reasons I can't, or will not, give. I kind of thought that was obvious..
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:00 am

Post by Korina »

VOTE: Oxy

Ok, well, if you're not gonna say, then I'mma vote you until you do because that seems really scummy, lbr.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B