Micro 798 - Splatoon Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Ausuka »

lycanfire wagon is meh, nothing AI.
your hydra might be scum though.
VOTE: Vartsun
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 24, Vartsun wrote:But I mean, are you going to even look at the wagon that was placed on you?
I was getting some gut townpings from HS's at post but I didn't know where it stemmed from, but after you said this I realized what was prompting that vibe.

He just like .... didn't care about the page 1 L-2 wagon on him, and didn't like even react or comment to it at all. I feel like scum would have had *some* sort of reaction to that.

Like that post just feels very carefree to me.
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Vartsun »

In post 25, Ausuka wrote:lycanfire wagon is meh, nothing AI.
Because...?

Also, why not try and engage with
Lycanfire
?
In post 26, skitter30 wrote:
In post 24, Vartsun wrote:But I mean, are you going to even look at the wagon that was placed on you?
I was getting some gut townpings from HS's at post but I didn't know where it stemmed from, but after you said this I realized what was prompting that vibe.

He just like .... didn't care about the page 1 L-2 wagon on him, and didn't like even react or comment to it at all. I feel like scum would have had *some* sort of reaction to that.

I want to hear him respond to us.

Also,
we/Vartsun
just went to L-2, letting everyone know that.

~ Taly
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:17 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 27, Vartsun wrote:
Because...?
gut? it feels like you're trying to look protown by asking a range of questions that lead to nothing.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:59 am

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 23, skitter30 wrote:Why are you good with your vote for now?
He's doing little and hasn't really posted anything relevant to the game.
In post 24, Vartsun wrote:
In post 15, Myloninja13 wrote:Lol, Mylo is a nickname, ninja came out of nowhere tbh and 13 is my lucky number. I use it on almost every site I'm on.

Anyway, nice to see this has started! I haven't played Splatoon much, but the few times I have I enjoyed it!
Where's your vote?
An excellent question.
In post 17, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 14, Vartsun wrote:Join the
Mylo
vote and you won't think everyone is so weird? ;)
Why?
1)
If you're unsure of the playerlist, you could do something to gauge for a reaction.
2)
I was gauging to see how you'd feel about jumping on a wagon this early in the game.
3)
I like that you questioned me.
1. Good advice, but there are plenty of reactions. I'm just watching them for now. RVS has taken a while, but it has been pretty fruitful.
2. It already had three voters, so I figured that was good enough. (And then later I realized that would have been L1, so my not voting possibly saved the day. Good for me.)
3. Well, thanks.

We're barely out of RVS. Is there any real danger of being lynched?
In post 28, Ausuka wrote:
Because...?
gut? it feels like you're trying to look protown by asking a range of questions that lead to nothing.
Nah, I think he's genuine. I townlean Vartsun.

Unofficial votecount:
Vartsun: Ausuka, Lycanfire, Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer: Skitter, Voyc
Myloninja: Vartsun
doomfeathers: brassherald
Lycanfire: doomfeathers

Other things I've noticed:
Voyc hasn't received nearly enough attention.
Ausuka switches votes a LOT.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:05 am

Post by doomfeathers »

Ausuka leans town too. Everyone else is still suspicious, including Mylo and Human Sequencer.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

I'm liking everyone a bit so far, although particularly doomfeathers and vartsun for actually sticking out and asking questions.

VOTE: Brassherald because he's only made one post so far. If I could double vote, this would also go to Voyc.
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:51 am

Post by Voyc »

In post 30, doomfeathers wrote:Ausuka leans town too.
Why do you think so?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 24, Vartsun wrote:Who is this? XD I'm pretty serious about getting worthwhile discussion going.
I feel like after correctly identifying Varsoon as a killing role day 1 of Darkest Dungeon
and basically having to run the scumteam up until he vigged me on night 3, you shouldn't have to ask who I am if Varsoon thought sorting me early was at all a consideration today.

What kinds if discussion do you want to have?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by Human Sequencer »

@vartsun
i looked at it
i laughed at it
i conquered
is that how the saying goes

doomfeathers' reads on mylo and me feel like they were born from genuine confusion and mystique about the game state and his desire to move the game state forward scream town to me. I don't think it's being faked (it's possible, but I doubt it)

it's north mentioning that out of the players not participating too much in the thread at that point (hs, mylo, voyc, brassherald, lycanfire) he specifically mentions hs and mylo as suspicious and says that voyc needs more attention without commenting on the other two at all
so oh the odd chance doom flips scum i think lycanfire and brass herald are a good place to look for second

is pretty questionable
I'd like for you to participate a little more in the rest of the thread voyc
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:01 pm

Because...?
i don't like this post
nah
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by Vartsun »

In post 33, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 24, Vartsun wrote:Who is this? XD I'm pretty serious about getting worthwhile discussion going.
I feel like after correctly identifying Varsoon as a killing role day 1 of Darkest Dungeon
and basically having to run the scumteam up until he vigged me on night 3, you shouldn't have to ask who I am if Varsoon thought sorting me early was at all a consideration today.
Hey, I won that game for our team, I think? Right? Didn't I kick ass in that game?
I have terrible memory when it comes to mafia, though, so I don't actually remember you much besides that your username looks familiar.
Sorry.

Also, Ausuka thinks that we're laying down a 'range' of questions when it's been what's pretty run of the mill for actual game engagement.
I find a lot of things to be problematic with this assessment.
One, it discourages players from engaging by actively putting critique that engagement can be scumread enough to put someone at L-2.
Two, it's legitimately a garbage reason to push a scumread on someone, because the criticism of 'doing busy work' or 'asking questions that lead nowhere' is laughable. That's legitimately not a strategy I employ as either alignment. As town, talking points allow for a better range of engagement with a slot and that helps me get reads. As scum, points of discussion allow you to control the game's momentum and lend credibility to your rationale for being on mislynches. So it's just outright bad play, AS EITHER ALIGNMENT, to 'do busy work'. As Ausuka has not pointed out the way in which they see our questions ACTUALLY lead nowhere, and has failed to illustrate how that's even SCUM PLAY instead of SHIT PLAY, it's a garbage criticism.

Aaaaand you know who manufactures criticisms to push through a lynch?
Probably the same person who dodges our question about personal motivation with a sweeping 'this is good for the gamestate' answer!

DING DING DING
It's scum.

VOTE: Ausuka

-V
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by Vartsun »

Because...?
I disagree with this assessment; both the reasoning and the approach behind it.

1)
My questions and responses always have a purpose behind them, it's of course, to game solve and get people's ideas and discussion put forth.
2)
I'm asking again, what are your thoughts on the votes on
Lycanfire
? You seem pretty content to put
me/Varsoon
at L-2 off gut.

I don't like that you dodged my question by saying this hydra could be scum, and throwing a vote without gauging to understand or question first.

Ehhh... Too early to say. Putting him to L-2 happened quickly, even for RVS. Plus, care-level for wagon, even on oneself, is not often AI.
In post 29, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 23, skitter30 wrote:Why are you good with your vote for now?
He's doing little and hasn't really posted anything relevant to the game.
In post 15, Myloninja13 wrote:Lol, Mylo is a nickname, ninja came out of nowhere tbh and 13 is my lucky number. I use it on almost every site I'm on.

Anyway, nice to see this has started! I haven't played Splatoon much, but the few times I have I enjoyed it!
Where's your vote?
An excellent question.
Talk to me about
Human Sequencer

Plus, how is
Ausuka
town in your eyes?
In post 31, Myloninja13 wrote:I'm liking everyone a bit so far, although particularly doomfeathers and vartsun for actually sticking out and asking questions.

VOTE: Brassherald because he's only made one post so far. If I could double vote, this would also go to Voyc.
Do you have any questions to ask?
In post 34, Human Sequencer wrote:@vartsun
i looked at it
i laughed at it
i conquered
is that how the saying goes
._.
In post 34, Human Sequencer wrote:doomfeathers' reads on mylo and me feel like they were born from genuine confusion and mystique about the game state and his desire to move the game state forward scream town to me. I don't think it's being faked (it's possible, but I doubt it)

it's north mentioning that out of the players not participating too much in the thread at that point (hs, mylo, voyc, brassherald, lycanfire) he specifically mentions hs and mylo as suspicious and says that voyc needs more attention without commenting on the other two at all
so oh the odd chance doom flips scum i think lycanfire and brass herald are a good place to look for second

is pretty questionable
I'd like for you to participate a little more in the rest of the thread voyc
Not even 40 posts and we have a dichotomy. :D You say
doomfeathers
is town, but you're looking at a reality where he flips scum, and are already placing 2 potential partners here.

...I don't get the thought process behind this.

I'm assuming you don't see a similarity in
doomfeathers'
approach to this game, to
mine/Varsoon's
approach, as what
Mylo
may see. Is your vote on
Varsoon/I
serious?

Explain how is questionable.

~ Taly
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:37 pm

i look at these wall posts and my eyes roll back into my skull
Vartsun(taly) wrote:Not even 40 posts and we have a dichotomy. :D You say doomfeathers is town, but you're looking at a reality where he flips scum, and are already placing 2 potential partners here.
i thought i was pretty fuckin straightforward in my post
i said i think he's town
i said if he flips scum (this other thing) is worth considering
(this other thing) is the kind of thing i might forget or not pick up on again whilst rereading the thread in a reality where doom flips scum if i didn't make note of it in post form
so i made note of it in post form

vartsun vote isn't particularly serious

if i had more to say about i would have said it
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:39 pm

i can kind of see ausuka scum but i'm not entirely confident yet

VOTE: ausuka
might jump off down the line
nah
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by Vartsun »

Ugh yeah man fuck READING in a FORUM game
am i rite?

-V
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by Vartsun »

Have some passion in your push.
"Might jump off down the line" is the most pathetic thing I've read on mafiascum in awhile.

-V
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:47 pm

thanks man i try my best
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:50 pm

point i'm trying to make is you can get your word across and be more easily understood by more people with the skill of being concise and succinct where possible

reading and writing is an investment from the reader and the writer

the more you invest into making things meaningful whilst being less verbose and visually unintuitive the less investment the reader needs to actually understand what you're saying
nah
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 36, Vartsun wrote: One, it discourages players from engaging by actively putting critique that engagement can be scumread enough to put someone at L-2.
Okay, so first of all, does anyone actually come into a game thinking, "I'm going to criticize the most active players, so everyone will be discoraged from posting!" Because I haven't ever seen it tried, and even if it was employed by scum at a certain point, I highly doubt it had any effectiveness at all.
Also, I wasn't criticizing you for simply engaging with the game. Your questions seem like they're thrown out there to look pro-town and engaged. Like when I voted HS in RVS, and you asked me why I didn't vote some other person? Like, what kind of AI response where you expecting when you asked that? I doubt you've never seen someone jumping on a RVS wagon because it starts the game faster.
In post 36, Vartsun wrote: Two, it's legitimately a garbage reason to push a scumread on someone
Before this post, you didn't have a scumread strong enough to even place a non-RVS vote. Why do you expect me to have a good reason to vote on post 25?
In post 36, Vartsun wrote:because the criticism of 'doing busy work' or 'asking questions that lead nowhere' is laughable.
I disagree, and even if that's true, it doesn't make me scum at all.
In post 36, Vartsun wrote: That's legitimately not a strategy I employ as either alignment.

Just because you don't do something (if I'm to take your word for it) doesn't mean nobody else does it. You've been townread by basically everyone except me so far, so if that's your strategy, it's been working out well for you.
In post 36, Vartsun wrote:As Ausuka has not pointed out the way in which they see our questions ACTUALLY lead nowhere, and has failed to illustrate how that's even SCUM PLAY instead of SHIT PLAY, it's a garbage criticism.
You know, you could just, like, ask for examples, if you need specific ones. I've already talked about post 11, and post 24 was what made me want to vote for you; the post where your slot demands Mylo puts an RVS vote, which is "protown" but in practice accomplishes very little at that point, and the part where Taly asks me for my thoughts on Lycan, who has only RVS shitposted at that point.
In post 36, Vartsun wrote: Aaaaand you know who manufactures criticisms to push through a lynch?
Yeah, because that's what I'm doing. Pushing through a lynch. On page 2.
In post 36, Vartsun wrote: Probably the same person who dodges our question about personal motivation with a sweeping 'this is good for the gamestate' answer!
How was it dodging your question? That was literally the most literal and to-the-point answer I could possibly give. It was post 11. Why should I have reads that make me take the gamestate in some direction? Why shouldn't I put a vote onto a wagon in the hopes of getting something started in that way? How does doing this make me scummy, at all?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 37, Vartsun wrote:
Because...?
I disagree with this assessment; both the reasoning and the approach behind it.

1)
My questions and responses always have a purpose behind them, it's of course, to game solve and get people's ideas and discussion put forth.
I mean, sure, I could see your posts coming from a townie who's really enthusiastic about activity and voting. But the fact that you were responding and talking about so much stuff, even things like HS not bothering to respond to a RVS wagon and Mylo's lack of rvs vote, which are just completely null actions, makes you think you're more likely scum, trying to gather townreads by being active and protown, than anyone else in the playerlist.
In post 37, Vartsun wrote:
2)
I'm asking again, what are your thoughts on the votes on
Lycanfire
?
I've told you once, and I'll tell you again; Lycanfire has done nothing indicative of alignment, and I don't care about the votes on him.
In post 37, Vartsun wrote: You seem pretty content to put
me/Varsoon
at L-2 off gut.
Yeah, that's true. I am very willing to do so. I'm not sure how this is relevant to anything though.
In post 37, Vartsun wrote: I don't like that you dodged my question by saying this hydra could be scum, and throwing a vote without gauging to understand or question first.
What question did I dodge? I said that Lycanfire is null, and I said that you are now a scumlean. That is answering your questions. And I am trying to understand, I just didn't ask a ton of questions upfront, I decided to start a push instead, since it's page 2 and nothing had really happened up to that point. Besides, what could you have said if I asked questions? You couldn't have disproven the notion that your motivation was to look pro-town, nor could you have answered to gut.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:53 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

I think I'm town leaning Ausuka basically just off her calm nature in a line of suspicion. Few players do that, and much less scum players do that.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:53 pm

Post by brassherald »

I'm here, I had to deal with a family emergency last night.

Doom looks like town to me so UNVOTE:

I definitely need to get aVC before I cast a vote in other places but Mylo in seems to be hedging his bets on Ausuka, just enough to look like a read but also wiggle room leading off with "I think I'm town leaning". Like what the hell does that mean? It means no real read.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:00 am

Post by Vartsun »

In post 46, Myloninja13 wrote:I think I'm town leaning Ausuka basically just off her calm nature in a line of suspicion. Few players do that, and much less scum players do that.
It's actually far more likely to come from scum than town.
Consider that we're two pages in and I've levied heavy criticisms on the slot.
As scum, not being able to defend there could lead to a very critical day 1 lynch that'd likely turn the game so hard in town's favor that scum would lose.

Not interested in responding point-by-point to Assucka, though. Folks were scoffing at walls already and getting mired down in it isn't going to do the gamestate any favors.
I will say that their counterpoints don't do anything to assuage my reads there, nor does their putting slots within L-2 range and claiming they're not pushing lynches.

-V
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:37 am

Post by brassherald »

VOTE: Mylo

I decided to count on my own, and I'm sure this is neither hammer nor L-1. I was phone posting earlier and the Ausuka v. Vorpal Blade hydra is still "meh" to me.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”