Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:13 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

We need to see more of our lurker friends. Everyone here right now strikes me as townie and us sniping at each other is baaad.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 499, the worst wrote:
In post 497, Quick wrote:I also kinda like that Oxy gave a reads list with only TRs. Funny enough, given I have been keeping track of my reads in my reads lists and seeing how accurate I was, I will say giving only Town/Null reads has crossed my mind a lot lately.
I know its not game related particularly but you strike me as super cool. So I'm intrigued. Does avoiding voicing scumreads advance the gamestate as well as pushing ''scummy'' players in your experience?

Early game PoE seems deadly
Completely selfish reasons which is that my TRs are a lot more accurate than my SRs D1. D2+ the gloves are off though. So the motivation for me giving a readslist at this point is to try and give as accurate reads as possible so I don't look like a fool when I document my reads in my wiki. And ofc this helps other people trust my reads more D1 (if I am Town) so it's really a win win for my win con.

And thanks! You're not so bad yourself.

P-Edit: really glad you brought that us Vivi. NM needs to get their ass in here and explain themself.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 488, the worst wrote:
In post 486, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 480, Oxy wrote:
In post 479, ceejayvinoya wrote:@Oxy If I'm reading you right you were trying to get other people's opinions on your null reads earlier?
Sure - do you have any you would like to share?
Nothing much except what I said on duckling earlier. What do you think of duckling's post #482?
What do you think of it? ;)
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 501, Quick wrote:
In post 499, the worst wrote:
In post 497, Quick wrote:I also kinda like that Oxy gave a reads list with only TRs. Funny enough, given I have been keeping track of my reads in my reads lists and seeing how accurate I was, I will say giving only Town/Null reads has crossed my mind a lot lately.
I know its not game related particularly but you strike me as super cool. So I'm intrigued. Does avoiding voicing scumreads advance the gamestate as well as pushing ''scummy'' players in your experience?

Early game PoE seems deadly
Completely selfish reasons which is that my TRs are a lot more accurate than my SRs D1. D2+ the gloves are off though. So the motivation for me giving a readslist at this point is to try and give as accurate reads as possible so I don't look like a fool when I document my reads in my wiki. And ofc this helps other people trust my reads more D1 (if I am Town) so it's really a win win for my win con.

And thanks! You're not so bad yourself.

P-Edit: really glad you brought that us Vivi. NM needs to get their ass in here and explain themself.
That's interesting, playing to your strengths & meta in a big way. I think I'm bad at early sorting but I get very strong vibes so I do it anyway.

Haven't been in enough games yet to know my overall accuracy.......yikes
--
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 480, Oxy wrote:
In post 479, ceejayvinoya wrote:@Oxy If I'm reading you right you were trying to get other people's opinions on your null reads earlier?
Nothing much except what I said on duckling earlier. What do you think of duckling's post #482?
I wanted to see his response to you calling him inexperienced.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 504, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 480, Oxy wrote:
I wanted to see his response to you calling him inexperienced.
Indeed.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by the worst »

Ah, what are your thoughts on it?
I'm inexperienced too just like sharing ideas
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:26 pm

Post by the worst »

Sorry to be more specific

Have I not realised he's an alt of someone? Or did that come across as rude?
--
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 503, the worst wrote:Haven't been in enough games yet to know my overall accuracy.......yikes
Well, I have 101 games on record discounting hydra games and games that aren't really mafia so I am guessing have quite a bit of experience on you. You will get there. The super cool part is when you start to figure things out that are specific to you (which comes first) and then learning what is true for the game in general.

ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 506, the worst wrote:Ah, what are your thoughts on it?
You all did alright. I was expecting a lot of name calling and "noooo, youuu suck because so and so". Sooo some more townlean points I guess?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 508, Quick wrote:
In post 503, the worst wrote:Haven't been in enough games yet to know my overall accuracy.......yikes
Well, I have 101 games on record discounting hydra games and games that aren't really mafia so I am guessing have quite a bit of experience on you. You will get there. The super cool part is when you start to figure things out that are specific to you (which comes first) and then learning what is true for the game in general.
Holy crap that's an impressive record. o_0 I'm starting to get a pretty good feel for my meta overall I think. :] it's a start.
--
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 507, the worst wrote:Sorry to be more specific

Have I not realised he's an alt of someone? Or did that come across as rude?
Oxy reminds me of this guy who a year or so ago said he had been here for 8 years. Def not a hard read there or anything but he certainly plays like he knows his way around a Mafia game. That said, I can also see him as someone who because they are quite logical, comes across as having more experience than they really do.

I think you're alright considering if that was "rude" or not. This game gets pretty heated at times.. if he has experience he knows this and so he prolly isn't going to feel too bad about it.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 509, ceejayvinoya wrote:
You all did alright. I was expecting a lot of name calling and "noooo, youuu suck because so and so". Sooo some more townlean points I guess?
Ah.. I hope we're not that far down the rabbit hole yet! It's D1, plus we have to be careful with you around as you may be able to cast flare or meteor :eek: :eek:

It was more context to an admission of my own mistake honestly. On reread it reminded me of my earliest games' play a little. I like Oxy's style.

Btw so it's out there I only started playing towards the end of last year. Join date is lies wiki is correct. :P

pedit: he does come across as confident with mafia. More a MS meta inexperience kinda thing since for the mostpart we are anti-pussyfoot. :lol:
--
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 377, mutantdevle wrote:UNVOTE:

I'm tempted to join the Pintu wagon, is there a legit scum case on him?
In post 379, mutantdevle wrote:2 RVS votes and a shitty-reads justification vote. I'm going to hold off on that wagon for now actually.
Then why were you tempted in the first place?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 510, the worst wrote:
In post 508, Quick wrote:
Holy crap that's an impressive record. o_0 I'm starting to get a pretty good feel for my meta overall I think. :] it's a start.
Yeah, I think some people have more Newbie games played than I have total, so it's all relative.

Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 482, the worst wrote:@ceej I'm done arguing with Oxy atm, Oxy/Sando have better chemistry. I like Oxy but we don't mesh well right now.

Oxy is still doing a lot of stuff that pings me but it's looking more inexperienced than independently scummy, his convo with Sando is towny for the most part. I'll bend to Sando's will and exempt him from my lynchpool for today :P
why not engage with him? You are scumreading him. Another players disagrees and you just begin ignoring him?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Oxy
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by Oxy »

In post 513, Iconeum wrote:
In post 377, mutantdevle wrote:UNVOTE:

I'm tempted to join the Pintu wagon, is there a legit scum case on him?
In post 379, mutantdevle wrote:2 RVS votes and a shitty-reads justification vote. I'm going to hold off on that wagon for now actually.
Then why were you tempted in the first place?
Questions I can't believe I didn't think to ask for 400, please.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 515, Iconeum wrote:
In post 482, the worst wrote:@ceej I'm done arguing with Oxy atm, Oxy/Sando have better chemistry. I like Oxy but we don't mesh well right now.

Oxy is still doing a lot of stuff that pings me but it's looking more inexperienced than independently scummy, his convo with Sando is towny for the most part. I'll bend to Sando's will and exempt him from my lynchpool for today :P
why not engage with him? You are scumreading him. Another players disagrees and you just begin ignoring him?
Are you fully caught up?
--
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by Iconeum »

I am fully caught up, but my posts were made as I was reading.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:13 pm

Post by the worst »

No problems. Do you still want my reply to your question?
--
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 469, Quick wrote:I'm feeling pretty good about the way Oxy is handling the pressure.
Ignore the pressure from me and duckling for a second, what's the town motivation for the desire to go after someone's town-read like Oxy did?

Do you find it odd the forceful desire for others reads and his judgement of them, when his read of Vivi as town due to "reasons" was defended with this:
In post 373, Oxy wrote:Reasons mean reasons I can't, or will not, give. I kind of thought that was obvious..

Also: Vivi is CJ right?
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:26 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Yeah they call me Vivi :P
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by the worst »

Sando I know WIFOM etc. but do you think scum would actually do that? Given the flakiness of his reads I can see it coming from town or scum equally.
--
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 522, the worst wrote:Sando I know WIFOM etc. but do you think scum would actually do that? Given the flakiness of his reads I can see it coming from town or scum equally.
You mean the denigrating someone's TR or "reasons". I agree on "reasons", I'm just using it as context for "this is odd", so I'll address denigrating TRs.

TRs pose no threat to a townie, they pose a threat to scum, because if they become accepted the scumhunt pool gets narrowed, and if allowed to continue then the pool becomes small enough to allow for a reasonably easy town win.

If I'm a townie, I'm only looking to go after someone's TR is I'm pushing to lynch that person they're TRing. In that situation, I'm going to look to convince you of scumminess, rather than go after their actual TR and insist they "prove it". For example, me and you on mutant early this game regarding his current play vs meta. But unless I think your TR should be a SR and lynched, I'm not going to make more than a passing comment on it, because I really don't care that you and me don't share a TR perfectly.

In short, I don't see a townie reason to go after a TR like that unless he wanted that person lynched, and he seemingly didn't.

If I'm scum, especially in a 2 faction game like this, if I see a townie TR another townie, there's a few issues happening. If it becomes accepted and reciprocated then a town-bloc can start to form and now scum is screwed. I can either try to get into the town-bloc or I can look to break it up. Going after the TRs are showing that they're bad is one way to attempt to break up a potential bloc.

In short, scum do have a reason to go after a TR beyond just trying to get that person lynched.

What's muddying this for me is he went after my TR when I was also arguing for his towniness. Scum playing their cards right (ie not what he did), would probably prefer to get into a town-bloc than stick their neck out to hurt it.

Then again maybe they're either and never considered a town-bloc and just decided to pick a fight.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 218, the worst wrote:He's an unashamed troll and he's beautiful.

He is literally unreadable, literally naked lolhammers at will as either alignment, etc., etc. I'm also jealous because I'm not as cool as him so yeah
At what point does playing with someone who basically never posts become fun?

Return to “Completed Open Games”