RVS v RQS

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #67 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 0, Espeonage wrote:I have seen (and have instigated myself) many more games starting with an RQS as apposed to the site norm of an RVS. I personally like RQS's better as they provide a basis for semi serious cases from the beginning of the game which I deem to be a good thing. I know others disaprove and argue that RQS just leads to time wasting and ends up back where it started, but I am interested to see where others stand on the debate or even if people think that having both is beneficial.
I think there is some degree of benefit to both.

RVS is great because anyone (and truly, I mean anyone) can participate in it very easily. It is also kinda fun, and while it is "Random" Voting Stage, it is quite often that most votes after the first are not completely random. (Eg: Hey look at the wagon; I'll hop on board for the lolz!)

RQS likewise can help get the game going and info in the thread, but it is slower, and the questions must be chosen carefully so that all may participate. In particular, starting the game w/ setup spec questions is not the way to go because scum know a great degree about the setup. Still, I think RQS can be useful in newbie games and other games where discussion comes to a standstill early on.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]

Return to “Mafia Discussion”